PDA

View Full Version : Is it OU Football Season Yet?

cherokeebrewer
7/30/2014, 11:48 AM
Players report today! Boomer!!

KantoSooner
7/30/2014, 11:54 AM
...and Texas still sucks.

Aries
7/30/2014, 12:10 PM
Dear Texas, please watch this.

~Signed,
The Sooners

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/ba6f6b020a/weird-al-yankovic-sports-song

BoulderSooner79
7/30/2014, 12:19 PM
I hate to see summer pass by - I still have 800 miles planned for bicycling in August. But Sept and CFB sure takes the sting our of waving goodbye to summer!

cherokeebrewer
7/31/2014, 10:17 AM
I watched the replay of last years OU/poke game last night. Watching us break their hearts AGAIN got me primed for this season.

KantoSooner
7/31/2014, 10:53 AM
yep, blew the candles out on their birthday cake two years running. Saweet!
But I'd really like to end this year's version about ten minutes into the first quarter. Run it out to 28-0 or so and then bring in the freshmen for some practice with live opponents.

Jack T.
7/31/2014, 12:07 PM
I watched the replay of last years OU/poke game last night. Watching us break their hearts AGAIN got me primed for this season.

But aren't they so cute when they think they're gonna win?

Mazeppa
7/31/2014, 09:08 PM
They're never cute, they are osu.

Wishboned
7/31/2014, 09:10 PM

I was just talking with a friend today about beating OSU. I couldn't decide if I liked it better when OU beats them like a rented mule, or gives them hope only to dash it against the rocks.

The flavors of the OSU tears are different for each scenario, but still equally tasty.

And what made it even greater was that OU got to go to a BSC bowl and ruined OSU's chance for one. Then OSU fans got to talk smack about how Alabama was going to roll OU, and then they had to watch the return of Big Game Bob.

Mazeppa
7/31/2014, 09:37 PM
I prefer the beatdown from the beginning and we get to watch them slink out of the stadium halfway thru the third quarter.

BoulderSooner79
7/31/2014, 10:05 PM
I prefer variety. The last 2 years have yielded exciting games with the ultimate in satisfaction at the end. But the beatdown after Les Miles mouthed off was pretty sweet too.

LA.SoonerFan
7/31/2014, 10:06 PM
Yep, it's time for Sooner football. I've watched the Sugar Bowl 4 times and the OSU game 3 times. I've also watched pretty much the whole '08 season. Ready for some live football.

KantoSooner
8/1/2014, 08:51 AM
mid '80's OU ball was enjoyable in the same way watching the Wehrmacht crush cavalry could be. Get to the stadium, have a beverage, OU opens, starts to run about 4 yards per play and you knew, without a doubt, that the foe would be crushed. Without emotion, without mercy; nothing personal, they're just in the way of a machine and now, they die, kind of a thing.
I want one of those back for bedlam this year.
"Resistance is futile".

Wishboned
8/1/2014, 09:17 AM
I prefer variety. The last 2 years have yielded exciting games with the ultimate in satisfaction at the end. But the beatdown after Les Miles mouthed off was pretty sweet too.

So you're saying this needs to be a "let 'er rip!" kind of year?

picasso
8/1/2014, 09:23 AM
Let us not worry about Poke until November. They really don't have much to do with OU football season.