PDA

View Full Version : ESPN suspends Stephen A. Smith!

badger
7/29/2014, 03:55 PM
Yay! :D

For just a week! (http://thebiglead.com/2014/07/29/stephen-a-smith-suspended-one-week-from-espn-following-ray-rice-comments/)

Awwwww :(

8timechamps
7/29/2014, 08:51 PM
I didn't hear him live, but I read what he said, and I just don't get the uproar. IMO much worse has been said (albeit maybe not on that topic).

If they want to suspend he and Skip for just being horrible, then I would completely understand. But, I just don't get this.

Curly Bill
7/29/2014, 09:49 PM
If they suspended sports reporters, and I use that term loosely, Skip would have been on the air a total of about one day.

His nonsensical and hyperbolic cheerleading for Johnny Manziel makes me want to puke.

CK Sooner
7/30/2014, 03:06 AM
It's bull****.

dwarthog
7/30/2014, 07:36 AM
What's his dirt doing in Boss Berman's hole....

badger
7/30/2014, 08:45 AM
He should have made it clear that he wasn't using the blame-the-victim argument... and it was stupid of him not to, because that is what the First Take thing to do is. As in "I love LeBron James and I am a LeBron James fan...but he smells like rat pee and isn't clutch" or "I love the Oklahoma Sooners and I am Bob Stoops' number one fans... but the next time he bashes the SEC there needs to be suspensions, fines and relegation to the Sun Belt!"

It would have been so simple to just start off saying "Don't ever blame the victim... but b!tch had it coming if b!tch gonna mouth off" and it would have fit perfectly with the First Take bullsh!t we've become accustomed to :(

The only reason I posted this was to alert you all that ESPN has suddenly become more safe to watch and listen to, even if only for a week

Ton Loc
7/30/2014, 12:04 PM
The only reason I posted this was to alert you all that ESPN has suddenly become more safe to watch and listen to, even if only for a week

Exactly - I don't care what he said as his opinion means **** to me. Just glad he's off for a week.

stoops the eternal pimp
7/30/2014, 02:02 PM
People watch ESPN for sports?

badger
7/30/2014, 02:28 PM
People watch ESPN for sports?

Yeah, if it's where my teams are playing. I used to watch morning ESPN shows back when I was on maternity leave. Those guys whine more than my infant used to