PDA

View Full Version : Joe Mixon rumor.....?

Pages : [1] 2 3

JLEW1818
7/25/2014, 04:19 PM
from landthieves.com:

Prinze Propr ‏@PrinzePropr
@koconews want a good story? Joe Mixon punched a girl in the face inside Picklemans Cafe in Norman around 2:30am. Security footage and cops.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/25/2014, 04:21 PM
7 pages already posted on this, and there eis NO CONFIRMATION that Mixon was involved, at least not during the 7 pages of comments.

badger
7/25/2014, 04:22 PM
:(

Seriously, I need to aim my expectations low for everyone in college football from now on. That way when they don't get arrested but don't graduate either, I can celebrate. Halleluiah he's not another Justin Blackmon :(

winout
7/25/2014, 04:35 PM
Nancy Pelosi was seen in area earlier in the day so it might be justifiable.... stay tuned.

70sooner
7/25/2014, 04:37 PM
Heard the same thing, only no name was given, on the Animal, a little while ago.

Unbelievable if this is true.

7/25/2014, 05:04 PM
Nancy Pelosi was seen in area earlier in the day so it might be justifiable.... stay tuned.You most likely meant to say a female racist republican prepper and survivalist with the dubious name of Palin tore into an aggy she stupidly thought was Mixon, so Joe's now to blame for whatever happened.

CK Sooner
7/25/2014, 05:07 PM
:grumpy:

CK Sooner
7/25/2014, 05:09 PM
Girl that was there said that she called him the N word and hit him first.

per twitter

picasso
7/25/2014, 05:11 PM
Sounds like extra bleacher time.

70sooner
7/25/2014, 05:14 PM
fwiw...I hope it's Ok to put this here, if not, I'll delete it.

Joe Mixon, University of Oklahoma running back and former Rivals.com five-star recruit, was involved in a serious altercation early this morning that led to the summoning of the Norman Police department, a source from within the Norman Police Department told SoonerScoop.com.

Norman police responded to an incident at Pickleman's Gourmet Café in Norman at 2:39 a.m. on Friday. A spokesman for Pickleman's gave no comment on the situation.

A synopsis of the report suggests aggravated assault and battery.
​ ​
Sources indicated Mixon was not arrested at the scene as officers wanted to study security footage of the incident before filing any charges. Police did receive footage of the incident today.

The incident report obtained by SoonerScoop contains limited information, as one or more juveniles is involved. A spokesman for OU is aware of the incident and issued the following statement:

"We are aware of the matter and it is under internal review."

Norman Police told SoonerScoop.com a public information officer was not available to comment on the details of the incident.

Mixon was capping off a night of celebration as Thursday was his 18th birthday.

Carey Murdock also contributed to this report

- See more at: https://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1662660#sthash.uUlr4ZBm.dpuf

CK Sooner
7/25/2014, 05:15 PM
From FB Braniacs....there are many other conflicting reports though, such as him smashing her face in where she will never look the same.

UPDATE (3:56 pm): Here is what we have from a source on the Joe Mixon situation:

1. Joe Mixon was at Pickleman’s last night. Our source was there as well.

2. Source tells us that a woman who appeared to be drunk came into Pickleman’s and starting “taking sh*t” to Joe for no apparent reason.

3. Source said Joe actually responded quite calmly to her.

4. Source said that while he (the source) was there, he never saw anyone hit anyone. Source also said that Joe never even raised his voice.

5. Source also told us that the woman involved left before he (the source) and Mixon left.

6. Another source tells us that Joe deleted his twitter account for reasons completely unrelated to this.

If something else happened, we are not able to confirm it at this time. The above notes are all we have been able to confirm.

CK Sooner
7/25/2014, 05:19 PM
Big thing here is what he will be charged with if its true...if it's a felony he's gone.

BB37
7/25/2014, 06:06 PM
Reported on channel 9 in OKC, must be more to it than a rumor.

soonergirlNeugene
7/25/2014, 06:31 PM
Hopefully she's ok and reports of him bashing her face in are overstated.
And here I thought we'd won the offseason lottery w/ no incidents. Bah.

70sooner
7/25/2014, 06:43 PM
so if she was hurt so bad, why was he not arrested? It doesn't make sense.

birddog
7/25/2014, 06:46 PM
My impression of perine seems to be justified now. Unbelievable what kids are capable of ruining. Suspended for the year?

soonergirlNeugene
7/25/2014, 06:48 PM
ESPN's Trav Haney is making some odd tweets relating to Mixon..

Mixon tried to leave OU "after a week," the coach told me earlier in the week. "He's a flaky kid. I bet he doesn't last the year."
https://twitter.com/TravHaneyESPN/status/492810310634704896

Bright side for Sooners: That coach said he thought less-heralded Samaje Perine could have a bigger impact than Mixon. Liked size, toughness
https://twitter.com/TravHaneyESPN/status/492812586048839680

Mac94
7/25/2014, 06:48 PM
Perine is a great kid from all that I've heard here in Pville and at Hendrickson (my son goes there). I think he'll do well at OU.

picasso
7/25/2014, 07:13 PM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

picasso
7/25/2014, 07:20 PM
Btw, he just turned 18? Man why didn't his folks hold him back one year? I thought I was a young frosh. I had almost 2 months on Mixon.

PhilTLL
7/25/2014, 10:05 PM
KFOR just reported that Mixon will be arrested when found, and that the alleged victim had multiple broken bones and was found bleeding all over the bathroom at Pickleman's.

Whether or not he ends up being charged and convicted, he needs to go. I don't think it's too much to ask that football players not be arrested under suspicion of viciously beating women.

picasso
7/25/2014, 10:08 PM
Messed up.

PhilTLL
7/25/2014, 10:12 PM
Nancy Pelosi was seen in area earlier in the day so it might be justifiable.... stay tuned.

You stay classy.

picasso
7/25/2014, 10:18 PM
Just read a phone interview with the victim on Newsok.

Wow.

LakeRat
7/25/2014, 10:22 PM
KFOR just reported that Mixon will be arrested when found, and that the alleged victim had multiple broken bones and was found bleeding all over the bathroom at Pickleman's.

Whether or not he ends up being charged and convicted, he needs to go. I don't think it's too much to ask that football players not be arrested under suspicion of viciously beating women.

So if someone makes an accusation, thats good enough to kick him off the team? That's messed up!! If he beat someone down for no reason, kick him... But if thats the stance we are taking... Then every horn took a punch at me last night... Come on man!!

olevetonahill
7/25/2014, 10:25 PM
Just read a phone interview with the victim on Newsok.

Wow.

Link?

PhilTLL
7/25/2014, 10:25 PM
If someone makes an accusation that a football player hit a woman in the face so hard that it broke bones? Yes, that is enough. I think it's messed up that getting rid of him isn't a given. It is not that hard to avoid situations that might lead to being accused of hitting a woman in the face hard enough to break bones. That's not the same as a pot possession charge or a public intox.

LakeRat
7/25/2014, 10:26 PM
Link?

Its on their front sports page... Not smart enough to provide link

PhilTLL
7/25/2014, 10:27 PM
Update: In the sports segment, Bob Barry Jr. reported that Mixon's lawyer denies there is a manhunt and says Mixon will set up an interview with Norman PD.

picasso
7/25/2014, 10:27 PM
Link?

Go to Newsok sports. Top story.

He hit the girl one time and broke her face in three places. If true he's a POS.

Wishboned
7/25/2014, 10:29 PM
http://newsok.com/ou-freshman-joe-mixon-involved-in-altercation-in-norman/article/5075926

NORMAN — Oklahoma freshman running back Joe Mixon is being investigated by police for allegedly assaulting a female OU student at a restaurant near Campus Corner early Friday morning, his attorney Kevin Finlay said.

Photo - Freedom High football player Joe Mixon, talks to the media after signing with the University of Oklahoma On National Signing Day in Oakley, Calif., on Wednesday, Feb. 5, 2014. Mixon's Freedom High teammate Patrick Choudja signed with the University of Nevada. (Doug Duran/Bay Area News Group)
Freedom High football player Joe Mixon, talks to the media after signing with the University of Oklahoma On National Signing Day in Oakley, Calif., on Wednesday, Feb. 5, 2014. Mixon's Freedom High teammate Patrick Choudja signed with the University of Nevada. (Doug Duran/Bay Area News Group)
Norman police have confirmed an incident at Pickleman’s Gourmet Cafe, but said no arrests were made and an investigation is underway. A police incident report did not identify the suspect in the assault.

The report did, though, identify the alleged victim as Amelia Rae Molitor, a 20-year-old OU student from Euless, Texas, who spoke to The Oklahoman on Friday evening via telephone.

Molitor said she had never seen Mixon before he punched her in the face, breaking four bones. She said Mixon was “harassing” her and some of her friends at Pickleman’s before the incident.

“He punched me one time,” she said. “He broke my face in four places … my nose, my sinuses … they’re broken.”

Molitor, who spoke confidently over the protests of her mother, said she plans to take legal action against Mixon, and added that she fears the wrath of OU fans.

“That’s my big fear (the fans),” Molitor said. “I’ve been told to stay off of social media to avoid (OU fans) coming after me on there.”

Molitor said she plans to sue Mixon, in some capacity, and that she hopes the running back “goes to prison for years.”

“That’s what he deserves,” she said. “I don’t care if he’s the star running back or not.”

Mixon was among the most highly recruited prospects in the country, and his early January committment to OU was met with immense joy and excitement.

The five-star prospect from Freedom High School in Oakley, Calif., attended the Sooners’ spring game in April, and stood behind OU’s bench for much of the afternoon signing countless autographs for fans.

OU coaches have so far praised Mixon’s work ethic and attitude throughout summer workouts. Mixon — from Oakley, Calif. — arrived in Norman at the beginning of the summer.

Molitor had returned to her family home by Friday evening.

The alleged assault occurred as Mixon — who turned 18 on Thursday — was wrapping up his birthday celebrations.

Finlay, a Norman attorney, said Mixon contacted him about the incident shortly after it occurred. The attorney confirmed that Norman police had been in contact with Mixon but that his client had “not been arrested at this point.”

“We are cooperating, fully, with the police on this,” Finlay told The Oklahoman. “Joe is definitely looking forward to the truth coming out … that’s about all I can say at this time.”

When asked if Joe Mixon was his client, the attorney responded in the affirmative.

“Joe contacted me about this, that’s true,” Finlay said.

The police’s incident report reveals that an unnamed male subject assaulted a woman inside the restaurant. The report states that Molitor suffered “apparent broken bones” following the incident.

“A female was hit in the face by a male subject — (the subject) is gone — she is in the bathroom … she is (conscious) and she is intoxicated … She is bleeding from the mouth … no difficulty breathing,” the report states.

An OU athletics spokesman said the department is aware of the situation and is conducting its own internal investigation.

LakeRat
7/25/2014, 10:29 PM
If someone makes an accusation that a football player hit a woman in the face so hard that it broke bones? Yes, that is enough. I think it's messed up that getting rid of him isn't a given. It is not that hard to avoid situations that might lead to being accused of hitting a woman in the face hard enough to break bones. That's not the same as a pot possession charge or a public intox.
4 horns jumped me for no reason last night... I didnt do anything... I have a broken nose.... Boot them!!

PhilTLL
7/25/2014, 10:32 PM
You should file a police report and call a lawyer, then. After that, call Charlie Strong.

Don't be such a chuckle****.

olevetonahill
7/25/2014, 10:34 PM
Charlie Strong Knocked a beer outta my hand and hurt my finger, Plus spilt all the beer. Thats physical, Mental and ALCOHOL abuse.

Wishboned
7/25/2014, 10:37 PM
Here's the alleged victim.

http://www.localblotter.com/story-images/a/9798463.jpg

http://www.localblotter.com/news/oklahoma/woman-detained-on-multiple-counts/9798463.html

picasso
7/25/2014, 10:45 PM

http://www.localblotter.com/news/oklahoma/woman-detained-on-multiple-counts/9798463.html
Hmmmmm....

SoonerMachine
7/25/2014, 10:46 PM
Charlie Strong Knocked a beer outta my hand and hurt my finger, Plus spilt all the beer. Thats physical, Mental and ALCOHOL abuse.

Was it Pearl? :)

yermom
7/25/2014, 10:48 PM

weed and MIP. yawn.

of course, if she wasn't out drunk under age, maybe this doesn't happen.

i'm not saying she deserved to get hit in the face, but like they say, nothing good happens after midnight... same goes for Mr. Mixon

is it that hard to keep a low profile when you are out breaking the law? :D

SoonerMarkVA
7/25/2014, 10:49 PM

They said they had surveillance tape of the incident. I think I'll wait until the contents of that tape are known before I have an opinion.

olevetonahill
7/25/2014, 10:51 PM
So Lets not be so hasty to Throw the young man out
Check out her ODCR files this is just one and they have a arrest warrant out for her

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/GetCaseInformation.asp?submitted=true&viewtype=caseGeneral&casemasterID=2146718&db=Cleveland

picasso
7/25/2014, 10:54 PM
Check out her ODCR files this is just one and they have a arrest warrant out for her

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/GetCaseInformation.asp?submitted=true&viewtype=caseGeneral&casemasterID=2146718&db=Cleveland

Yep. I hate to judge book covers but that person looks like an instigator. I avoided them back in my barfly days.

olevetonahill
7/25/2014, 10:55 PM
They said they had surveillance tape of the incident. I think I'll wait until the contents of that tape are known before I have an opinion.

Yup show us the Tape and we can all STFU.

Wishboned
7/25/2014, 10:56 PM

They should know where to find her now.

PhilTLL
7/25/2014, 10:57 PM
So what does that have to do with whether or not she got punched? What would be the angle if this was a hoax? He doesn't have any NFL money to sue for, and criminal charges don't get dismissed for filing new ones against someone else. Do you think she would have proudly outed herself to NewsOK if this was 100% bull?

Even if she goaded him until the cows came home, even if she had a rap sheet a mile long, he shouldn't have punched her in the face, and if he did he should be dismissed from the team.

olevetonahill
7/25/2014, 10:59 PM
Was it Pearl? :)

Natty, the bastard.

Wishboned
7/25/2014, 11:01 PM
So what does that have to do with whether or not she got punched? What would be the angle if this was a hoax? He doesn't have any NFL money to sue for, and criminal charges don't get dismissed for filing new ones against someone else. Do you think she would have proudly outed herself to NewsOK if this was 100% bull?

In the interview she states her intention to sue before she mentions her wishes for criminal charges.

SteelClip49
7/25/2014, 11:01 PM
this girl needs to leave campus now!!!

PhilTLL
7/25/2014, 11:03 PM
Yep. I hate to judge book covers but that person looks like an instigator. I avoided them back in my barfly days.

Because she has a rap sheet she looks like an instigator? None of those charges are drunk and disorderly, public intox, assault, domestic abuse, etc. None of them even look like they happened in a bar setting.

Wishboned
7/25/2014, 11:03 PM
this girl needs to leave campus now!!!

She did. She suffered a devastating facial injury, and drove over two hours back home, and still managed to give a telephone interview.

PhilTLL
7/25/2014, 11:04 PM
Welp, it's pretty easy to see where this is headed. Y'all have fun with the tar and feathers!

I'm not saying she's Princess Charming, or even a very upstanding person, but when the immediate instinct is "Protect the team! She's full of ****! We've got games to win!"...man.

picasso
7/25/2014, 11:05 PM

Even if she goaded him until the cows came home, even if she had a rap sheet a mile long, he shouldn't have punched her in the face, and if he did he should be dismissed from the team.
I agree totally. You should never punch a girl unless it's dire self defense. The fact that she's got a rap is just fishy.
Who knows who punched who or what.
And I couldn't discern if the person had been busted for a fake ID or using someone elses as in identity theft. That's an obvious flaw in character if the latter is true.

olevetonahill

IfShe got Punched and dint start the shat much like that TT BB player. Then it has absolutely NOTHING to do with it. On the Other hand Show us the Tape.

Wishboned
Welp, it's pretty easy to see where this is headed. Y'all have fun with the tar and feathers!

I'm not saying she's Princess Charming, or even a very upstanding person, but when the immediate instinct is "Protect the team! She's full of ****! We've got games to win!"...man.

Can you loan us the tar and feathers you were going to use on Mixon? In case we run out.

picasso
7/25/2014, 11:06 PM

Yep. Agreed. I've already judged both of them. I'm a sorry sob.

PhilTLL
7/25/2014, 11:07 PM
The documents on the charges are publicly viewable, which is generally a shame, but the fake ID charges read like regular old fake ID charges. All of it reads like typical college party kid stuff that half of campus could get busted for. Not good in the abstract, but hardly proof she's a lying charlatan.

olevetonahill
7/25/2014, 11:09 PM

Dont be such a Drama Queen, No ones saying Not kick hisass out, Just sayin lets see the ****in Tape

Her own actions has brought her creditability into question,

olevetonahill
7/25/2014, 11:10 PM
Can you loan us the tar and feathers you were going to use on Mixon? In case we run out.

lol

SoonerMarkVA
7/25/2014, 11:12 PM
That's sort of the point. We chatting up this board have no proof of anything. There's tape. Mixon according to his lawyer is going to talk to police. According to the reported eye-witness account, Mixon kept his cool well beyond what that witness thought was reasonable. A lot's going to come out in the next 48 hours. Is it unreasonable to wait at least that long before forming opinions?

LakeRat
7/25/2014, 11:13 PM

Who said "protect the team" who said "she's full of ****"? You used quotes!!! Who said, "we've got games win!"

If guilty, boot him... But let the truth come out

olevetonahill
7/25/2014, 11:15 PM
The documents on the charges are publicly viewable, which is generally a shame, but the fake ID charges read like regular old fake ID charges. All of it reads like typical college party kid stuff that half of campus could get busted for. Not good in the abstract, but hardly proof she's a lying charlatan.

Heres her charges, Yes Phoney ID was count 3
She Pled No contest and was giving Probation and Fines. SFE failed to follow through on those and a Warrant was issued for arrest Yesterday, Coincidence? Maybe

Count # 1.
Count as Filed: DU9III, CONTROLLED DRUG SCHEDULE III *MISDEMEANOR* (NOT USING MV) , in violation of 63 O.S. 2-401-2-420
Date Of Offense: 04/21/2013

Party Name: Disposition Information:

Defendant: Molitor, Amelia Ray
Disposed: DEFERRED, 07/02/2013. Nolo Contendere Plea.
Count as Disposed:CONTROLLED DRUG SCHEDULE III *MISDEMEANOR* (NOT USING MV) (DU9III)
Violation of 63 O.S. 2-401-2-420

Count # 2.
Count as Filed: DR3, POSSESSION OR SELLING OF PARAPHERNALIA WHILE NOT USING A MOTOR VEHICLE , in violation of 63 O.S. 2-405 (B)(C)

Disposed: DEFERRED, 07/02/2013. Nolo Contendere Plea.
Count as Disposed:POSSESSION OR SELLING OF PARAPHERNALIA WHILE NOT USING A MOTOR VEHICLE (DR3)
Violation of 63 O.S. 2-405 (B)(C)

Count # 3.
Count as Filed: FFP, POSSESSION OF FALSE IDENTIFICATION CARD , in violation of 21 O.S. 1550.41

Disposed: CONVICTION, 07/02/2013. Nolo Contendere Plea.
Count as Disposed:POSSESSION OF FALSE IDENTIFICATION CARD (FFP)
Violation of 21 O.S. 1550.41

Wishboned
7/25/2014, 11:15 PM
That's sort of the point. We chatting up this board have no proof of anything. There's tape. Mixon according to his lawyer is going to talk to police. According to the reported eye-witness account, Mixon kept his cool well beyond what that witness thought was reasonable. A lot's going to come out in the next 48 hours. Is it unreasonable to wait at least that long before forming opinions?

But by then the torches will have burned out.

http://paulboylan.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/torch-and-pitchfork.jpg?w=450&h=297

SoonerMarkVA
7/25/2014, 11:18 PM
But by then the torches will have burned out.

http://paulboylan.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/torch-and-pitchfork.jpg?w=450&h=297

Good point. To hell with it! BURN IT ALL DOWN! :)

picasso
7/25/2014, 11:18 PM
The documents on the charges are publicly viewable, which is generally a shame, but the fake ID charges read like regular old fake ID charges. It reads like typical college party kid stuff--busted at the lake, pulled over and found in possession, etc. Not good in the abstract, but hardly proof she's a lying charlatan.
Ok that helps. I was too distracted to read all of that. I myself sported two highly crafted fake ID's back inna day. Still sweated it when I showed 'em.

Wishboned
7/25/2014, 11:20 PM

You know who else uses fake ID's?

Terrorists.

Crimson Kid
7/25/2014, 11:21 PM
If you check out her twitter and facebook post, this is one crazy chick. Friend talks about not pissing her off when she is drunk. LT thread has the post.

SteelClip49
7/25/2014, 11:22 PM
this board is rather tame on the subject. Land Thieves has 1,630 posts on the subject.

picasso
7/25/2014, 11:24 PM
this board is rather tame on the subject. Land Thieves has 1,630 posts on the subject.

Look at the name of said website. I know it's a joke because of what other dorks call us but its still in poor to ****ty taste.

PhilTLL
7/25/2014, 11:24 PM
Who said "protect the team" who said "she's full of ****"? You used quotes!!! Who said, "we've got games win!"

If guilty, boot him... But let the truth come out

That was me paraphrasing. Being that this is a message board, if I was going to quote someone, I would have. But bringing up unrelated criminal charges, painting her as a wild child who brought it on herself, and using the little bits of circumstance and the anonymous witness quotes that we know to suggest that she's lying is basically a "Protect the team! She's full of ****!" reaction.

Wishboned
7/25/2014, 11:28 PM
That was me paraphrasing. Being that this is a message board, if I was going to quote someone, I would have. But bringing up unrelated criminal charges and using the little bits of circumstance that we know to suggest that she's lying is basically a "Protect the team! She's full of ****!" reaction.

As opposed to you saying he should be kicked off the team whether he's guilty or not.

CK Sooner
7/25/2014, 11:29 PM
Stated in this phone interview she couldn't open her mouth....again a phone interview. Then she says she was told she slapped him before he hit her. Not gonna bring up her past (trashy hoe), but as far as I know hitting someone back after they hit you is legal, but then there is taking the response to far. Up to the DA to say if he took it to far.

If he hit her and she didn't have any physical contact with him then I say give him the Agg Assault felony charge and goodbye. If she hit him first than give him a misdemeanor for assault and then OU will probably suspend him for some amount of time.

PhilTLL
7/25/2014, 11:30 PM
Thanks for quoting me so I don't have to repeat myself.

"It is not that hard to avoid situations that might lead to being accused of hitting a woman in the face hard enough to break bones. That's not the same as a pot possession charge or a public intox."

YES, the mere appearance of being involved in this incident is enough to warrant his dismissal to me. The football team is not the court of law. He does not automatically have the right to play ball until his trial date. Norman is not a wretched hive of vile females waiting to trick incoming stud freshmen into violent encounters.

For that matter, I'd be fine if we hadn't messed with DGB at all. I don't like even the whiff of woman-beating on the OU football team. **** me, right?

Wishboned
7/25/2014, 11:34 PM

"It is not that hard to avoid situations that might lead to being accused of hitting a woman in the face hard enough to break bones. That's not the same as a pot possession charge or a public intox."

YES, the mere appearance of being involved in this incident is enough to warrant his dismissal to me. The football team is not a court of law. He does not have the right to play on it. Norman is not a wretched hive of vile females waiting to trick incoming stud freshmen into violent encounters.

For that matter, I'd be fine if we hadn't messed with DGB at all. I don't like even the whiff of woman-beating on the OU football team. **** me, right?

So basically let's condemn this young man on mere accusations. Perhaps ruin his future because he was out celebrating his 18th birthday. As far as we know he was minding his own business. But hey, let's tar and feather that young man.

olevetonahill
7/25/2014, 11:35 PM

YES, the mere appearance of being involved in this incident is enough to warrant his dismissal to me. The football team is not the court of law. He does not automatically have the right to play ball until his trial date. Norman is not a wretched hive of vile females waiting to trick incoming stud freshmen into violent encounters.

For that matter, I'd be fine if we hadn't messed with DGB at all.
I don't like even the whiff of woman-beating on the OU football team. **** me, right?

Tell us what you do when yer woman dont Obey ya and Make yer sammiches?

PhilTLL
7/25/2014, 11:38 PM
So basically let's condemn this young man on mere accusations. Perhaps ruin his future because he was out celebrating his 18th birthday. As far as we know he was minding his own business. But hey, let's tar and feather that young man.

As far as we know he was minding his own business--except the Norman PD are currently seeking to question him in connection with punching a girl they found bleeding with broken bones.

You want to give him a chance, fine, say he's suspended until he's cleared. Maybe don't literally kick him off the team. But it's still pretty queasy. It still gives the appearance that his football career is the priority.

Wishboned
7/25/2014, 11:40 PM
As far as we know he was minding his own business--except the Norman PD are currently seeking to question him in connection with punching a girl they found bleeding with broken bones.

You want to give him a chance, fine, say he's suspended until he's cleared. Maybe don't literally kick him off the team. But it's still pretty queasy. It still gives the appearance that his football career is the priority.

No, it gives the appearance that the coaching staff are going to fully investigate before they fly off the handle and make rash judgments.

And the police are seeking to question him. Which is a normal procedure. No warrants have been issued for his arrest. But if you were chief he'd already be doing life without parole.

LakeRat
7/25/2014, 11:49 PM
That was me paraphrasing. Being that this is a message board, if I was going to quote someone, I would have. But bringing up unrelated criminal charges, painting her as a wild child who brought it on herself, and using the little bits of circumstance and the anonymous witness quotes that we know to suggest that she's lying is basically a "Protect the team! She's full of ****!" reaction.
My apologies for quoting your "". I assumed, "" were ""... Evidently, you were just assuming what our intentions were, just as you have made rash judgements against someone else recently... Quit paraphrasing, it's getting you in trouble! Find some facts and back them up!

PhilTLL
7/25/2014, 11:59 PM
Yep, you've got me right up against the wall, guy who can't distinguish direct quotations from artful quotation marks.

Here's one for you. Suppose a newspaper headline on Independence Day reads: AMERICA SAYS "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

Who actually said that?! What mouth did those words come out of? Huh?????

CK Sooner
7/26/2014, 12:19 AM
Yep, you've got me right up against the wall, guy who can't distinguish direct quotations from artful quotation marks.

Here's one for you. Suppose a newspaper headline on Independence Day reads: AMERICA SAYS "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

Who actually said that?! What mouth did those words come out of? Huh?????

murica

7/26/2014, 12:56 AM
Look at the name of said website(Landthieves). I know it's a joke because of what other dorks call us but its still in poor to ****ty taste.I don't know how the name came about, but I understand the site is owned/controlled by some whorns. That could be a factor on the name of the thread.

7/26/2014, 12:59 AM
Originally Posted by PhilTLL
That was me paraphrasing. Being that this is a message board, if I was going to quote someone, I would have. But bringing up unrelated criminal charges and using the little bits of circumstance that we know to suggest that she's lying is basically a "Protect the team! She's full of ****!" reaction.
As opposed to you saying he should be kicked off the team whether he's guilty or not.Surprised?

Wishboned
7/26/2014, 01:09 AM

Not a far jump for a guy who can't distinguish accusations for guilt.

Wishboned
7/26/2014, 02:15 AM
Here's a link to a phone interview with the alleged victim.

http://www.news9.com/story/26118496/alleged-assault-victim-speaks-out-against-ou-football-player

Where she says

I can’t open my mouth at all

during the phone interview. While she's talking. Once again, she says she can't open her mouth. While her mouth is forming these words.

She claims to have four broken bones in her face.

“My jaw bone, my cheek bone, my sinus and my eye socket are broken,” the victim said.

I could be totally off base on this, but Mixon must have a fist the size of the Hulk's if he broke all those bones in such a wide area with one punch.

And then there's this gem.

News 9 asked the alleged victim for a picture of her injuries, but she didn't want to because they show too much of her face.

CK Sooner
7/26/2014, 02:23 AM
So is she not getting a assault charge for hitting him? She already had a warrant out for her....

Gotta love it.

swardboy
7/26/2014, 08:16 AM
News 9 asked the alleged victim for a picture of her injuries, but she didn't want to because they show too much of her face.

We already have her mug shot, so that excuse is down the drain.

badger
7/26/2014, 08:27 AM
Wow I remember when this was an internet rumor yesterday
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/ou/ouhomepage1/ou-football-player-joe-mixon-being-investigated-in-connection-with/article_939d9fa0-7cbb-5d9f-99bb-ced591aaa021.html

Very sad situation from all angles

olevetonahill
7/26/2014, 09:15 AM
Wow I remember when this was an internet rumor yesterday
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/ou/ouhomepage1/ou-football-player-joe-mixon-being-investigated-in-connection-with/article_939d9fa0-7cbb-5d9f-99bb-ced591aaa021.html

Very sad situation from all angles

Bagj as far as Im concerned it is still very much a rumor. except we KNOW something happened and its being investigated

Ruf/Nek7
7/26/2014, 12:07 PM
He said she said until surveillance is released. IMO she wanted the D, got denied because, well look at her and she got pissed because she was drunk. Started a fight and at some point got decked whether by Joe, a friend of Joe's, herself, or her friend.

8timechamps
7/26/2014, 01:54 PM
PLEASE READ

There is very little information available about this at the moment. From the folks that were actually there, it does appear that Mixon was involved. So far, the Norman PD isn't even commenting on it, so anything else is speculation.

Please do NOT post rumor as fact here. If you have information (with a verifiable source/link/etc.), post it here.

Thank you and carry on.

olevetonahill
7/26/2014, 02:16 PM
PLEASE READ

There is very little information available about this at the moment. From the folks that were actually there, it does appear that Mixon was involved. So far, the Norman PD isn't even commenting on it, so anything else is speculation.

Please do NOT post rumor as fact here. If you have information (with a verifiable source/link/etc.), post it here.

Thank you and carry on.

Agreed. I want to see the Vid. Like Ive said she coulda tried to slap him and spun her drunk *** around and fallen on a table an broke her own face.

The Vid will tell the tale. We then can either salute him or run his *** out of town on a rail

okiewaker
7/26/2014, 02:42 PM
Keith Ford is tha schizzznit. Always thot that. Sue me! :cool:

picasso
7/26/2014, 03:00 PM
Ford is good in a straight line, barreling someone. We haven't seen much else.

Ruf/Nek7
7/26/2014, 03:03 PM
Keith Ford is tha schizzznit. Always thot that. Sue me! :cool:

Is this a verb or a noun. I.E. The alleged victim from this incident is a thot.

8timechamps
7/26/2014, 03:36 PM
Is this a verb or a noun. I.E. The alleged victim from this incident is a thot.

Good question. I'm just now getting caught up on the whole thot thing.

7/26/2014, 03:40 PM
Ford is good in a straight line, barreling someone. We haven't seen much else.Keith & Ross, Danl Brooks, David Smith, Samaje, Quick(maybe). Quick is an "athlete". We're good to go.

Ruf/Nek7
7/26/2014, 04:04 PM
Good question. I'm just now getting caught up on the whole thot thing.

I had to have one of my 8th grade students explain it to me. The struggle is real.

8timechamps
7/26/2014, 04:55 PM
I had to have one of my 8th grade students explain it to me. The struggle is real.

My son (who just left the 8th grade) explained it to me not too long ago. Good times.

Wishboned
7/26/2014, 06:10 PM
Apparently Miss Molitor has two arrests on her record. One is a felony conviction of possession. She pleaded guilty to the felony charges and entered the REALIZING OPPORTUNITIES AND DEVELOPING SKILLS or ROADS program as a condition of pre-sentencing. And part of the conditions of her pre-sentencing was to attend a minimum of 12 weeks of anger management.

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/GetCaseInformation.asp?submitted=true&viewtype=caseGeneral&casemasterID=2163155&db=Cleveland

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/GetCaseInformation.asp?submitted=true&viewtype=caseGeneral&casemasterID=2163155&db=Cleveland

She has a bench warrant out for her arrest for not completing the conditions of her misdemeanor sentencing. And according to the police report she was intoxicated when they found her at the restaurant.

olevetonahill
7/26/2014, 06:42 PM
Apparently Miss Molitor has two arrests on her record. One is a felony conviction of possession. She pleaded guilty to the felony charges and entered the REALIZING OPPORTUNITIES AND DEVELOPING SKILLS or ROADS program as a condition of pre-sentencing. And part of the conditions of her pre-sentencing was to attend a minimum of 12 weeks of anger management.

She has a bench warrant out for her arrest for not completing the conditions of her misdemeanor sentencing. And according to the police report she was intoxicated when they found her at the restaurant.

Look here for a bit more detail http://www1.odcr.com/results

as far as I know the warrant is still outstanding. the only other prob I saw was a Sppedin ticket a year er so ago in Love county, 92 in a 70 er sompun

Ruf/Nek7
7/26/2014, 07:42 PM
Yep, a real upstanding citizen that Molitor cat is.

schooners
7/26/2014, 07:48 PM
Wow. Looks like she has a bench warrant issued July 7, for her arrest. Why wasn't she arrested?

olevetonahill
7/26/2014, 08:12 PM
Wow. Looks like she has a bench warrant issued July 7, for her arrest. Why wasn't she arrested?

She was injured, Cops wont arrest ya unless its a major warrant if you are hurt in any way. They be responsible for your health if they do. When I did some Bounty hunting The PD wouldnt take em if they were injured, so when I had to whoopass on em I did it so it wouldnt show and Threatened with More if they acted hurt. I just wanted em behind bars and My paperwork signed.

7/26/2014, 11:26 PM
This was posted tonight on Landthieves, post # 2649

Originally Posted by TFD45View Post

"This is my first post ever on Landthieves, however I have always been a reader for no other reason than y'all crack me up. A long time friend of mine is a Norman police officer. I just text him to see if he knew anything. I hate to say it, but he confirmed it was indeed Mixon, and he did hit her. She sustained a broken nasal cavity and a broken orbital bone. He has been charged with aggravated assault."

pappy
7/27/2014, 12:11 AM
I haven't read all the comments on this, but if Mixon did in fact hit this girl then I don't care if he ever plays a down at OU. I don't care how good he is, there are things that guys just shouldn't do. Even if she hit him, he shouldn't hit her back. I guarantee he is strong enough to stop her from hitting him without hitting her back. I understand that he is just now 18 years old and blah blah blah, so I can understand giving him a 2nd chance, but Stoops should at least redshirt/suspend him this year.

picasso
7/27/2014, 12:18 AM
I think he would have been arrested by now.

olevetonahill
7/27/2014, 05:38 AM
I think he would have been arrested by now.

Yup if hes been Charged he would have been picked up and had to post bond. We wont know anything until Monday one way or the other. I got this information from My cleaning lady who is 3rd cousin removed from Bobs cleaning lady whos brother works as a Custodian at the Cleavland county Jail

SouthFortySooner
7/27/2014, 07:48 AM
The whole thing became suspect to me when, in her tv interview she called him a star running back for the team? Best I know he hasn't ever carried the ball as a Sooner, so how could he be a star?

olevetonahill
7/27/2014, 07:58 AM
The whole thing became suspect to me when, in her tv interview she called him a star running back for the team? Best I know he hasn't ever carried the ball as a Sooner, so how could he be a star?

yea her story because of her background is suspect. But Ima wait an see. If the Boy did indeed Hit her he needs to kick rocks.

Jason White's Third Knee
7/27/2014, 09:47 AM

yea her story because of her background is suspect. But Ima wait an see. If the Boy did indeed Hit her he needs to kick rocks.

This guilty until proven innocent thing sucks. Sounds like she hit him and he quickly retaliated. This sucks. You can light me up all you want, but if she swung first at 2:30am, I am not crucifying the kid. Anyone swinging should expect to be swung on as a reflexive action if nothing else.

cherokeebrewer
7/27/2014, 09:58 AM
I'm not a speculator except for the stock market and not an internet lawyer either...but when all is said and done, my gut tells me Joe Mixon will be going home to California...

olevetonahill
7/27/2014, 09:58 AM
This guilty until proven innocent thing sucks. Sounds like she hit him and he quickly retaliated. This sucks. You can light me up all you want, but if she swung first at 2:30am, I am not crucifying the kid. Anyone swinging should expect to be swung on as a reflexive action if nothing else.

I can kinda agree. But Im still not sure he hit her. Until we see the Vids or at least the actions of both parties are described we wont know. Whos to say she didnt instigate the whole thing and Like I have suggested swung at him and Lost her balance and then fell into a table breakin her OWN face?

Lets see the Vid until we can specualte till the cows come home

7/27/2014, 12:00 PM
From Landthieves message board again, from the Mixon situation thread. This is some sad sh*t, IMO:

Originally Posted by OU48A

"It should be noted the city of Norman while under the direction of the current Norman mayor did hire a new police of chief and did so fully knowing that they had hired a more than casual fan of the Texas Longhorns….I have seen pictures of the man flashing the Hook’em horns hand sign.
This doesn’t mean that he goes after OU athletes, but I think we could have made a smarter hire."

CK Sooner
7/27/2014, 02:02 PM
I'm not a speculator except for the stock market and not an internet lawyer either...but when all is said and done, my gut tells me Joe Mixon will be going home to California...

Really a bad speculation. Only if he is suspended for a year is there probably a minimal chance he transfers since he would have to sit out a year anyways.

If its a short 1-4 game suspension then there isn't a reason to transfer. He has his friends here and it's well known that the homesick stuff was not true and over blown. Heck, if it's a half year suspension I bet he would still stay because he would still get to play the other half.

CK Sooner
7/27/2014, 02:05 PM

The most recent stuff is that he pushed her and she fell and hit the table face first. Would you still agree he needs to go if she punched him and he pushed her?

A woman ceases to be a woman when she assaults somebody and expects not to be hit back. Hitting a women doesn't apply here, IMO.

I still want to know if she has a felony as other people were saying, I know she broke probation on the drug charge and I want her out of OU if she has one.

Wishboned
7/27/2014, 02:22 PM
The most recent stuff is that he pushed her and she fell and hit the table face first. Would you still agree he needs to go if she punched him and he pushed her?

A woman ceases to be a woman when she assaults somebody and expects not to be hit back. Hitting a women doesn't apply here, IMO.

I still want to know if she has a felony as other people were saying, I know she broke probation on the drug charge and I want her out of OU if she has one.

There are links in this thread to her record. She pleaded guilty to her felony possession charge.

cherokeebrewer
7/27/2014, 02:42 PM
Really a bad speculation.

My gut is what it is...It does not speculate.

cherokeebrewer
7/27/2014, 03:49 PM
The most recent stuff is that he pushed her and she fell and hit the table face first.

Is this the rumor dejour or do you have a reliable source? I hope all he did was push her.

olevetonahill
7/27/2014, 04:09 PM

Boy, Pay Tention
I said IF he indeed HIT her. Not pushed and Obnoxious Drunk away!

olevetonahill
7/27/2014, 04:11 PM
We can Fan this flame till Dooms day But until an Officail statement is made Or the Vid released we all just spekUlatin

NorthernIowaSooner
7/27/2014, 04:31 PM
We can Fan this flame till Dooms day But until an Officail statement is made Or the Vid released we all just spekUlatin

Agreed, no reason to speculate on what happened, suspensions, motives, or trash the girl when there is no definitive information.

olevetonahill
7/27/2014, 04:45 PM
Agreed, no reason to speculate on what happened, suspensions, motives, or trash the girl when there is no definitive information.

The Girl has already TRASHED herself.

picasso
7/27/2014, 04:49 PM
She's headed for the hoosegow if she was on probation and drunk and fighting. Regardless of what the male did.

8timechamps
7/27/2014, 05:01 PM
From Landthieves message board again, from the Mixon situation thread. This is some sad sh*t, IMO:

Originally Posted by OU48A

"It should be noted the city of Norman while under the direction of the current Norman mayor did hire a new police of chief and did so fully knowing that they had hired a more than casual fan of the Texas Longhorns….I have seen pictures of the man flashing the Hook’em horns hand sign.
This doesn’t mean that he goes after OU athletes, but I think we could have made a smarter hire."

Stop posting this crap.

This is exactly what I asked folks not to post (sources without any link/confirmation) earlier in the thread. Just because it was posted on another message board doesn't circumvent that.

If people want to read what other message boards are saying, they can do that, just don't bring it here.

7/27/2014, 05:06 PM
Stop posting this crap.

This is exactly what I asked folks not to post (sources without any link/confirmation) earlier in the thread. Just because it was posted on another message board doesn't circumvent that.

If people want to read what other message boards are saying, they can do that, just don't bring it here.Well excuuuuse me. I had not seen any discussion of activist whorns in the Norman PD before, and thought it an intriguing comment.

olevetonahill
7/27/2014, 05:07 PM
She's headed for the hoosegow if she was on probation and drunk and fighting. Regardless of what the male did.

That and she Has an Out standing warrant.

8TC I agree. LT is worse than this place ever was.

CK Sooner
7/27/2014, 05:55 PM
Is this the rumor dejour or do you have a reliable source? I hope all he did was push her.

Rumor

There are links in this thread to her record. She pleaded guilty to her felony possession charge.

I am pretty sure you can't attend OU with a felony. If you get it while in school its hard for them to find out unless someone notifies them. I am sure they are aware of it now and I hope she will be kicked out.

Boy, Pay Tention
I said IF he indeed HIT her. Not pushed and Obnoxious Drunk away!

Mixon does not have a record and his old coach and current staff have said he is a very good kid. If he simply punched her after she punched him with no serious injuries to the girl than I think he should get a second chance. The law would see that as a punch for punch self defense. Since he didn't break a law in that case than I would expect a suspension no longer than half of the seasons games for bad decision making. Dude JUST turned 18, IMO he deserves a second chance. I think Stoops believes in second chances also....we shall see.

Also let me say if its misdemeanor assault he gets charged with he should still remain on the team with a suspension less than the whole season barring that he didn't break her face and she actually did punch him in the face first. I am sure Stoops already knows the full story from Mixon and the players he was potentially with.

olevetonahill
7/27/2014, 06:07 PM
Lets quit spekUlating and see what happens.

hells I bet theres been more writen about this from Morans who aint got a clue than a pissant
We should know tomorrow . Until then Lets hope for the best.

CK Sooner
7/27/2014, 06:13 PM
Lets quit spekUlating and see what happens.

hells I bet theres been more writen about this from Morans who aint got a clue than a pissant
We should know tomorrow . Until then Lets hope for the best.
:gary:

Ruf/Nek7
7/27/2014, 06:20 PM
Stop posting this crap.

If people want to read what other message boards are saying, they can do that, just don't bring it here.

What if i have good info? Like what to expect come tomorrow?

CK Sooner
7/27/2014, 06:22 PM
What if i have good info? Like what to expect come tomorrow?

Go ahead. Isn't a major part of message boards to speculate on what's going to happen in the future? Especially football message boards.

olevetonahill
7/27/2014, 06:35 PM
Go ahead. Isn't a major part of message boards to speculate on what's going to happen in the future? Especially football message boards.

If Its Good info sure. But all this My friends Maids sisters brothers uncle friend shat is nuts

Ruf/Nek7
7/27/2014, 06:54 PM
According to the affidavit, Joe was not arrested on scene because the occurrence did not take place in front of the cops. Basically, the investigation had to take place. Originally, the DA assigned this case as a felony but Mixon will be expected to turn himself in tomorrow and the charge will be dropped to a misdemeanor.

olevetonahill
7/27/2014, 07:01 PM
According to the affidavit, Joe was not arrested on scene because the occurrence did not take place in front of the cops. Basically, the investigation had to take place. Originally, the DA assigned this case as a felony but Mixon will be expected to turn himself in tomorrow and the charge will be dropped to a misdemeanor.

That makes sense. Done said wont anything happen till tomorrow at the earliest!

Curly Bill
7/27/2014, 08:32 PM

Sounds about right to me. If you don't wanna be hit, don't hit someone else first - male or female.

Curly Bill
7/27/2014, 08:38 PM

I don't disagree with this either. If you want to be treated like a woman then act like one.

Therealsouthsider
7/28/2014, 12:32 AM
...can Joe still play football and maybe sit out a couple games if they get married and she doesn't press char...oh, wait...that was another story

ss

Dan Thompson
7/28/2014, 10:52 AM
If its true, big Al and Jesse will show up any minute. Maybe even Mr. Obama.

olevetonahill
7/28/2014, 11:07 AM
We should know something soon.

Sooner in Tampa
7/28/2014, 11:09 AM
We should know something soon.
Ehhh...it sure doesn't look that way...If they indeed have 'the tape'...WTF is the holdup?

NORMAN — Norman Police are still investigating assault allegations against highly-touted Oklahoma freshman running back Joe Mixon, and charges aren’t likely to be filed Monday, the district attorney’s office told The Oklahoman.
Mixon is being investigated for allegedly assaulting a female OU student (http://newsok.com/ou-freshman-joe-mixon-involved-in-altercation-in-norman/article/5075926) at Picklemen’s Gourmet Cafe on Campus Corner early Friday morning.
A police incident report did not identify the suspect, but Mixon’s attorney, Kevin Finlay, has confirmed that Mixon is being investigated in the matter.
Amelia Rae Molitor is identified in the police report as the alleged victim, and in a Friday interview with The Oklahoman, Molitor said that Mixon “broke my face in four places,” adding that she hopes he “goes to prison for years.”
The police incident report states that an unnamed male suspect assaulted Molitor inside Pickleman’s, stating that she suffered “apparent broken bones” following the incident.
“A female was hit in the face by a male subject — (the subject) is gone — she is in the bathroom … she is (conscious) and she is intoxicated … She is bleeding from the mouth … no difficulty breathing,” the report states.
Mixon, a five-star prospect from Freedom High School in Oakley, Calif., became one of the most hyped Oklahoma football signees in years. Rivals.com ranked Mixon as the No. 1 all-purpose back in the 2014 recruiting class.
He attended OU’s spring game in April and spent much of the afternoon standing behind the Sooners’ bench signing hundreds of autographs for overjoyed fans.

badger
7/28/2014, 11:14 AM
If you're a stronger, bigger, better person, you should defend yourself, but don't hit back. It's all rumor and speculation at this point, but I don't intend to justify an OU athlete taking part in a fight.

Consider: If this was on the football field during a game and an opponent ran up and punched Mixon, would Mixon be justified in hitting back, or would he also be subject to a 15-yard flag, ejection and suspension if he threw a punch also?

olevetonahill
7/28/2014, 11:19 AM
If you're a stronger, bigger, better person, you should defend yourself, but don't hit back. It's all rumor and speculation at this point, but I don't intend to justify an OU athlete taking part in a fight.

Consider: If this was on the football field during a game and an opponent ran up and punched Mixon, would Mixon be justified in hitting back, or would he also be subject to a 15-yard flag, ejection and suspension if he threw a punch also?

Apples to Peanuts Badj

Sooner in Tampa
7/28/2014, 11:22 AM
Don't know if BBJ saw the video or not but, he did say Mixon was allegedly "double shoved, then slapped". FWIW

Sooner in Tampa
7/28/2014, 11:29 AM
Hmmmmm.....

Carey Murdock ‏@CareyWWLS
As @jasonkersey first reported, can confirm no charges to be filed against Mixon today. The story is getting more interesting. More to come.

olevetonahill
7/28/2014, 12:34 PM
Hmmmmm.....

The feeling continues to grow that this is "Much ado about nothing" cept some Loudmouthed drunk broad.

EatLeadCommie
7/28/2014, 12:35 PM
I know we all like to say we'd never strike a woman and maybe we wouldn't, but sometimes when people are hit-- regardless of who is doing the hitting-- striking back is reflexive and instinctive. If she did a double shove and a slap, that extends a bit beyond being a mere nuisance into a "I need to control this" kind of situation. If he shoved her back and she fell down causing her injuries, who cares? Even if he shoved her in the face. If he hit her in such a situation, one game suspension max.

I have yet to hear anything that says he instigated any of this, so regardless, I doubt he gets booted from the team.

badger
7/28/2014, 12:45 PM
Apples to Peanuts Badj

I'd like to think that football in-game principles can apply to off field behavior. Football players must control their emotions for the good of the team during the games and off the field. Don't retaliate if an opponent talks trash or commits unsportsmanlike conduct, or you'll unquestionably be penalized. As such, don't retaliate if you're attacked in a bar, or the media circus will begin or worse, criminal charges may result.

Is there anyone that watches college football that disagrees: The one that retaliates is ALWAYS the one that's penalized. Thus, don't EVER retaliate during the game, or you're looking at a 15-yard flag or worse.

If the one that retaliates is always penalized in college football, then is should already be drilled into college football players: Don't ever retaliate, on the field or off. No excuses, don't do it.

I am quite confident that if Mixon stays on the team, that the entire team, coaches and players alike, will handle this situation as it needs to be.

SoonerMarkVA
7/28/2014, 12:52 PM
I'm with you. I like the comparison. When I think of who handles this stuff best, I think of Blake Griffin. Morally, that guy's been justified to cold-**** at least a dozen other players. His restraint is remarkable and really a role model.

olevetonahill
7/28/2014, 12:59 PM
I'm with you. I like the comparison. When I think of who handles this stuff best, I think of Blake Griffin. Morally, that guy's been justified to cold-**** at least a dozen other players. His restraint is remarkable and really a role model.

Not disagreeing either But in your analogy Blake is a succesful 25 year old while Joe is away from for the 1st time in his life and just turned 18 . Apples to Peanuts again

SoonerMarkVA
7/28/2014, 01:02 PM
Not disagreeing either But in your analogy Blake is a succesful 25 year old while Joe is away from for the 1st time in his life and just turned 18 . Apples to Peanuts again

True, but that crap started when Blake was a frosh at OU, and he always handled it with complete composure.

olevetonahill
7/28/2014, 01:04 PM
True, but that crap started when Blake was a frosh at OU, and he always handled it with complete composure.

Again Blake was still pretty much HOME even then . Joe is at least what 1500 miles away from Home? Big difference

Wishboned
7/28/2014, 01:14 PM
Molitor got a lawyer. He apparently told her to STFU. No more interviews. Cops say bench warrants don't show up in their database so that's why she wasn't arrested.

https://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1663354

badger
7/28/2014, 01:30 PM
I think Sooner fans will always be more patient and understanding of OU player infractions than police and football refs will be. The law does not care about age, so long as they're an adult. The law doesn't care what state they're from and how far away it is.

This period of media and fan scrutiny is akin to a 15-yard penalty for targeting. The police may decide not eject (arrest) him after reviewing the tape, but the 15-yard penalty will stand, as this type of incident will impact his public reputation for years.

It's something he can recover from, however. Think Ryan Broyles and many others.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/28/2014, 02:26 PM
At this point, if he is indeed kicked off the team, I'm about to brand this the "Reggie Bush Curse". That will make 8 5* running backs in a row from the state of CA since Bush that have bombed out at their first schools.

hawaii 5-0
7/28/2014, 02:51 PM
Regardless of the outcome I'm glad the coaching staff/ University officials had been patient to make a snap decision before all the details have come out.

5-0

Wishboned
7/28/2014, 02:55 PM
Really bad news for Mixon. There is surveillance tape that shows exactly what happened. Unfortunately they're bringing in Gordon Riese to review it.

Aries
7/28/2014, 03:04 PM
Really bad news for Mixon. There is surveillance tape that shows exactly what happened. Unfortunately they're bringing in Gordon Riese to review it.

LOL!!!! Funniest thing today!

olevetonahill
7/28/2014, 03:12 PM
LOL!!!! Funniest thing today!

Wish can knock em out the Park every now and then LOL

CincySooner
7/28/2014, 03:13 PM
Unfortunately they're bringing in Gordon Riese to review it.
First Down, Oregon... and my God have mercy on your soul!!

SoonerPride
7/28/2014, 03:49 PM
Unfortunately they're bringing in Gordon Riese to review it.
First Down, Oregon... and my God have mercy on your soul!!

FIFA isn't the only sport where games are fixed.

8timechamps
7/28/2014, 05:45 PM
I'd like to think that football in-game principles can apply to off field behavior. Football players must control their emotions for the good of the team during the games and off the field. Don't retaliate if an opponent talks trash or commits unsportsmanlike conduct, or you'll unquestionably be penalized. As such, don't retaliate if you're attacked in a bar, or the media circus will begin or worse, criminal charges may result.

Is there anyone that watches college football that disagrees: The one that retaliates is ALWAYS the one that's penalized. Thus, don't EVER retaliate during the game, or you're looking at a 15-yard flag or worse.

If the one that retaliates is always penalized in college football, then is should already be drilled into college football players: Don't ever retaliate, on the field or off. No excuses, don't do it.

I am quite confident that if Mixon stays on the team, that the entire team, coaches and players alike, will handle this situation as it needs to be.

I agree with you for the most part, however, we (as humans with emotion) all have a breaking point. The point when "enough is enough". It seems to me that for most people, that point moves back as you age. When you're 18 and someone is in your ear during a game, then takes a shot at you, it can get to a point when you're just done "putting up with it". That doesn't make it right, but it does explain why it happens.

CK Sooner
7/28/2014, 06:00 PM
Joe Mixon has requested Assault and Battery charges be brought against Amelia Molitor. This sounds very good. Meaning that the video evidence must show that Mixon acted in self defense.

https://twitter.com/RJ_Young?original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.landthi eves.com%2Fboard%2Fshowthread.php%3F75539-The-Joe-Mixon-Situation-****Storm-Thread-%28Pg.100-Mixon-Attorney-statement%29%2Fpage103&tw_i=493886598610972674&tw_p=tweetembed

CK Sooner
7/28/2014, 06:03 PM
The charges would usually offset in this situation leaving both charges dropped.

+1 for Mixons lawyer.

BoulderSooner79
7/28/2014, 06:06 PM
Sometimes players retaliate in a game knowing full well they will get a flag or get tossed. And it is sometimes the "right" thing to do. If an opponent takes a cheap shot at a QB, you can bet the O-line guys are going after that guy. In ice hockey, teams will start a fight or counter fight on purpose just to lift the emotions of other players. There is no real moral lessen here, I'm just pointing out that on the field and off the field settings do have different rules. Heck, just a clean, form tackle is criminal assault off the field.

BoulderSooner79
7/28/2014, 06:09 PM
The charges would usually offset in this situation leaving both charges dropped.

+1 for Mixons lawyer.

Yes, both sides are all lawyered up. That usually means information will trickle out slowly.

Wishboned
7/28/2014, 06:22 PM
Mixon was interviewed by the police. His attorney, Kevin Finlay, gave this statement...

"This past Friday morning Joe Mixon found himself in a situation where he was subjected to both verbal and physical attacks from a very intoxicated and troubled young woman," said Finlay in the statement. "As a result of these physical attacks, Joe instinctually defended himself against further harm. - See more at: https://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1663354#sthash.OEXLHurm.dpuf

https://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1663354

olevetonahill
7/28/2014, 06:32 PM
Lets see. She aint talking No more yet Joe is front and center cooperating , Yea Kick that bum to the curb. The BitchBum that is.

FaninAma
7/28/2014, 06:36 PM
Did this young "lady" give the first interview from the hospital? Orbital
fractures are very serious and require MRI evaluation and evaluation by an
ophthalmologist. Most require surgery. Color me dubious.

CK Sooner
7/28/2014, 06:38 PM

Lets see. She aint talking No more yet Joe is front and center cooperating , Yea Kick that bum to the curb. The BitchBum that is.

:very_drunk:

olevetonahill
7/28/2014, 06:47 PM

+1 for Mixons lawyer.

Heh. Young one Crime is NOT a Game with Offsetting penalty's
If a Crime has been committed the Doer will be charged if the DA so chooses.

Wishboned
7/28/2014, 06:57 PM

Plus she has the added charge. "Failure to make a sammich when ordered to do so"

olevetonahill
7/28/2014, 07:11 PM
Plus she has the added charge. "Failure to make a sammich when ordered to do so"

The BITCH !

Wishboned
7/28/2014, 07:16 PM
Here's a link to KFOR's page with a link to the 911 call at the bottom of the page.

http://kfor.com/2014/07/25/ou-football-player-speaks-about-being-investigated-for-violent-fight-with-woman/

8timechamps
7/28/2014, 07:27 PM
Did this young "lady" give the first interview from the hospital? Orbital
fractures are very serious and require MRI evaluation and evaluation by an
ophthalmologist. Most require surgery. Color me dubious.

I haven't taken the time to listen, but apparently there was an interview done via phone. According to those that have heard it, she is talking fine. Not being a doctor (which I'll defer to your expertise), I'm going to assume it would be rather difficult to talk with a broken jaw, and if an orbital bone were broken, you wouldn't be on the phone talking, you'd be at the ER/in surgery. But, I'm not a medical person.

EDIT: Just saw Wishbone's post above...you have have a listen to the interview yourself.

CK Sooner
7/28/2014, 08:30 PM

I am speaking of her dropping her **** because with that record of her I doubt she wants to get in to this now and potentially be charged.

olevetonahill
7/28/2014, 09:06 PM
I am speaking of her dropping her **** because with that record of her I doubt she wants to get in to this now and potentially be charged.

Yet its already in the hands of the DA, she can refuse to press charges and even testify, But the DA can go ahead IF he has witnesses and evidence.

Plus shes pretty much already painted herself into a corner.

stoopified
7/28/2014, 09:19 PM
I want this crap over with NOW! I'm ready for hearing and reading about Sooner football rather than this crap.

BoulderSooner79
7/28/2014, 11:50 PM
I want this crap over with NOW! I'm ready for hearing and reading about Sooner football rather than this crap.

Then don't venture over to LT as they are up to page 114 last I checked. We only have 9 pages?! We are not worthy.

7/29/2014, 01:13 AM
Then don't venture over to LT as they are up to page 114 last I checked. We only have 9 pages?! We are not worthy.and, we are not authorized to mention other message boards on this site.

olevetonahill
7/29/2014, 06:18 AM
and, we are not authorized to mention other message boards on this site.

That was never said Rush. he did ask the all these unsubstantiated rumor not be spread.simple

EatLeadCommie
7/29/2014, 07:47 AM
I have no idea why "[the] evidentiary value of the recording prohibits its release at this time." We see videos of things pop up all the time before an arrest is made. Granted, usually it's because police need help in IDing somebody on the tape, but I really don't see the difference. Release the video, unless for some reason it doesn't show the entire incident.

olevetonahill
7/29/2014, 08:20 AM
I have no idea why "[the] evidentiary value of the recording prohibits its release at this time." We see videos of things pop up all the time before an arrest is made. Granted, usually it's because police need help in IDing somebody on the tape, but I really don't see the difference. Release the video, unless for some reason it doesn't show the entire incident.

It dont much matter to me at this Point. IF it was Beat down of an innocent woman, the Cops would have already Filed the charges and had him in jail.
Im still going with my gut instinct that the Broad was being the durnkin antagonist and swung at him and He at most shoved her out of his face causing her durnk asz to fall face 1st into a table.
She was over a Phone interview and running her mouth at 1st Now under advice from her lawyer she is Shuttin TFU

Prolly cause there just may be some Liability issues On her part for defaming the young man.,

Again all this is guess work and spekUlation .

But in my experience if a Crime had been committed against Her that Boy would have already been in the Hoosegow

badger
7/29/2014, 08:23 AM
Good conversation everyone, even if we've had our disagreements through the pages :)

It seems like it would be best for both parties to resolve this outside the courts at this point. Exchange apologies publicly, don't involve jail time or money, just move on.

That's probably a pipe dream though. This woman's record suggests she is not of sound mind

cherokeebrewer
7/29/2014, 10:26 AM
I just find the entire situation to be sad. The girl obviously has problems but we all likely wish Joe walked away for his sake instead of reacting. I know..easy for me to say.

Piware
7/29/2014, 11:11 AM
Completely agree. Why is she still a student in the first place. Should have gone back to Texas some time ago. Not okay to punch a girl in the face but she sounds pretty out of control.

SoonerLB
7/29/2014, 12:09 PM

Oh jeez, now she will be needing a jaw transplant and Joe will be charged with murder! ;) Thanks for the laugh Wishboned! :D

And on a side note, there is more info in 154 post here than there is in over 1600 at that other place, go figure . . . ;)

cherokeebrewer
7/29/2014, 12:17 PM
And on a side note, there is more info in 154 post here than there is in over 1600 at that other place, go figure . . . ;)

That "other place" is nothing more than a shaggybevo wannabe and an insult to the average Sooner fan's intelligence...

7/29/2014, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

That was never said Rush. he did ask the all these unsubstantiated rumor not be spread.simple

"If people want to read what other message boards are saying, they can do that, just don't bring it here."-8timechamps

no problem

BoulderSooner79
7/29/2014, 02:09 PM
Then don't venture over to LT as they are up to page 114 last I checked. We only have 9 pages?! We are not worthy.

I wasn't spreading rumors from another site - there really were 114 pages and counting on the Mixon thread. FACT.

yermom
7/29/2014, 02:12 PM
he said not to discuss the content of other websites. landthieves isn't a valid source to report from. it's just more rumor mongering to post crap about this from there.

KantoSooner
7/29/2014, 02:16 PM
I fully intend to start posting the information I get from Madame Woo, that gypsy woman with the golden tooth. Her brother is gay lovers with a guy who sells coffee to some of the cops in Norman and is able to listen in on their conversations through a hole he's bored out through the dry wall next to their favorite booth.
Also some stuff from 'The Colonel' a vaguely British guy who likes American 'footie' and has 'fully penetrated' the Norman PD computer system.

More news, as it happens.

LakeRat
7/29/2014, 02:18 PM
I have come to the point, that if she hit(slapped) him first... Joe shouldn't be suspended or charged.

dwarthog
7/29/2014, 02:22 PM
I fully intend to start posting the information I get from Madame Woo, that gypsy woman with the golden tooth. Her brother is gay lovers with a guy who sells coffee to some of the cops in Norman and is able to listen in on their conversations through a hole he's bored out through the dry wall next to their favorite booth.
Also some stuff from 'The Colonel' a vaguely British guy who likes American 'footie' and has 'fully penetrated' the Norman PD computer system.

More news, as it happens.

Now we are getting somewhere!

freshchris05
7/29/2014, 02:56 PM
There was cartel involvement...

Wishboned
7/29/2014, 02:58 PM
If there was spit before the hit you must acquit.

7/29/2014, 03:02 PM
If there was spit before the hit you must acquit.That glove's a fit.

freshchris05
7/29/2014, 03:06 PM
Too legit to quit

Sooner02
7/29/2014, 03:52 PM
The sports animal afternoon talking heads have this kid charged (which btw he still is not), tried, convicted and rotting for the rest of his life in prison. They were quick to jump on this story on Friday and have hammered him ever since. What a joke.

olevetonahill
7/29/2014, 04:05 PM
Stop posting this crap.

Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

"If people want to read what other message boards are saying, they can do that, just don't bring it here."-8timechamps

no problem

Dont just quote a small portion thats taken out of context bro. Its obvious to me and I think most every one else what 8TC meant ,
I like ya bro but at times you can be more obstinate than ME :wink:

badger
7/29/2014, 04:11 PM
The sports animal afternoon talking heads have this kid charged (which btw he still is not), tried, convicted and rotting for the rest of his life in prison. They were quick to jump on this story on Friday and have hammered him ever since. What a joke.

If he really had a warrant out, he'd turn himself in, post bail and leave again. You can't hide a Sooner five-star recruit anywhere in Norman. He doesn't need to hide himself. The only thing hiding right now is the surveillance video... and the woman that accused him who apparently has an outstanding warrant. She's the one that needs to hide to avoid arrest

7/29/2014, 04:32 PM
Dont just quote a small portion thats taken out of context bro. Its obvious to me and I think most every one else what 8TC meant ,
I like ya bro but at times you can be more obstinate than ME :wink:I think the quote I gave was not out of context. He didn't want to have Landthieves, especially quotes from Landthieves, and possibly any other message board, in the conversations here. JMO

Wishboned
7/29/2014, 04:34 PM

I was really disappointed in Dusty Dvoracek. He said Mixon has to go. He said he's not saying Mixon doesn't deserve a second chance, just not a second chance at Oklahoma.

I wonder how high the utility bills are for that glass house he's living in?

8timechamps
7/29/2014, 04:45 PM

Jeez, you really took that post personal. That wasn't my intent (and I think you know that).

Look, my point was that we don't need a bunch of rumors disguised as facts here. If someone has/had information with a verifiable source, then post it all day long. What you did was to copy/paste something from another board and post it here right after I asked that kind of information not be posted. If you really can't see a difference, then I don't know what to tell you. If you can't get over my post because you felt like it was some kind of attack on you personally, I don't know what to tell you.

I think that's as clear as I can make it.

olevetonahill
7/29/2014, 04:52 PM
I think the quote I gave was not out of context. He didn't want to have Landthieves, especially quotes from Landthieves, and possibly any other message board, in the conversations here. JMO

Ok Bro whatever . I aint gettin anymore in the middle of this any more than i already am

cherokeebrewer
7/29/2014, 05:06 PM
I was really disappointed in Dusty Dvoracek. He said Mixon has to go. He said he's not saying Mixon doesn't deserve a second chance, just not a second chance at Oklahoma.

Yep, Dusty needs to stay out of this one...

7/29/2014, 05:10 PM
Ok Bro whatever . I aint gettin anymore in the middle of this any more than i already amand, I thank you.

EatLeadCommie
7/29/2014, 05:22 PM
I find it hard to believe that this took place in Norman and yet no Sooner fans were a witness to it. Would think we'd have the token message board poster who witnessed the whole thing by now (or that at least somebody who knew somebody who saw it would show up).

SoonerLB
7/29/2014, 05:41 PM

If it had been an SEC player their headline would have read "Miserable, obnoxious, drunken slut from outside the conference verbally abuses and mauls valued SEC freshman, then slips, falls, and injures herself while attempting to flee the scene."

Just sayin' . . . . . :cocksure: :friendly_wink:

BoulderSooner79
7/29/2014, 05:47 PM
I think the quote I gave was not out of context. He didn't want to have Landthieves, especially quotes from Landthieves, and possibly any other message board, in the conversations here. JMO

I guess we'll see if I get BAINED. And I just wrote "LT" not L***t*****, so you must be reading between the lines.

yermom
7/29/2014, 07:12 PM
I have come to the point, that if she hit(slapped) him first... Joe shouldn't be suspended or charged.

legality and OU football aren't the same thing

i mean, at best he was out drinking on his 18th birthday, right? he shouldn't have been there. also a citizen might have the right to defend himself against a girl that is MUCH smaller than he is. i don't really think a Division I running back does.

Wishboned
7/29/2014, 07:14 PM

i mean, at best he was out drinking on his 18th birthday, right? he shouldn't have been there. also a citizen might have the right to defend himself against a girl that is MUCH smaller than he is. i don't really think a Division I running back does.

There has been no confirmation that he was drinking that night. He had a legal right to be there, and no matter what his athletic status is he has a right to defend himself. If she struck him first she ceased to be a girl, and she became an assailant.

NorthernIowaSooner
7/29/2014, 07:17 PM

He has a right to defend himself. However, defending himself is much easier due to his strength than the average 18 yo. I can easily live with him pushing someone away that was in his face unprovoked. Where he crosses from self defense to something far worse is when he throws a punch.

7/29/2014, 07:17 PM
Supposedly, JM wasn't drinking at all, and he doesn't drink, period..

yermom
7/29/2014, 07:29 PM
There has been no confirmation that he was drinking that night. He had a legal right to be there, and no matter what his athletic status is he has a right to defend himself. If she struck him first she ceased to be a girl, and she became an assailant.

legally, sure, but if he actually punched her, i can't imagine him playing this year, or ever at Oklahoma.

maybe he wasn't drinking. that seems to be the impression i got. him disappearing for the night probably is not a bad idea if he was...

olevetonahill
7/29/2014, 07:30 PM
Yea he could just have easily pulled a Glock and shot her face off. My god quit the ****in speUlatin how much more can be said? When the Vid is released we all know the truth

Wishboned
7/29/2014, 07:37 PM
Yea he could just have easily pulled a Glock and shot her face off. My god quit the ****in speUlatin how much more can be said? When the Vid is released we all know the truth

That video is going to be more analyzed than the Zapruder film.

"Her head goes back, and to the left...back and to the left."

CK Sooner
7/29/2014, 08:16 PM
he said not to discuss the content of other websites. landthieves isn't a valid source to report from. it's just more rumor mongering to post crap about this from there.

LOL, we are not writing a research paper. Its a message board....guys getting riled up for nothing.

CK Sooner
7/29/2014, 08:19 PM
I find it hard to believe that this took place in Norman and yet no Sooner fans were a witness to it. Would think we'd have the token message board poster who witnessed the whole thing by now (or that at least somebody who knew somebody who saw it would show up).

I have actually eaten there a few times during school. Since schools out there aren't many students there as their would be. Place is usually quiet late at night most of the time...

so I have heard. - source, my friend , ou student - 7/28 5PM

CK Sooner
7/29/2014, 08:19 PM
also a citizen might have the right to defend himself against a girl that is MUCH smaller than he is. i don't really think a Division I running back does.

Yes, yes he does.

Curly Bill
7/29/2014, 09:40 PM

I'm with ya

Curly Bill
7/29/2014, 09:42 PM

So, he should just be a victim because he happens to be a D-1 running back? You really get off on that victim thing don't you?!

Wishboned
7/29/2014, 11:19 PM
We might be waiting for the surveillance tape for a while.

http://newsok.com/surveillance-video-in-joe-mixon-investigation-likely-wont-be-released-soon/article/5102417

ith the 911 tape in the investigation involving Oklahoma freshman running back Joe Mixon released Tuesday, one other key piece of evidence remains unreleased — the surveillance video.

The video from inside Pickleman’s Gourmet Cafe, where the alleged assault took place early Friday morning, might not become public for a long while, if at all.

The presence of surveillance footage was mentioned multiple times in the 911 call made around 2:30 a.m. Friday.

Mixon’s attorney, Kevin Finlay, requested a copy of the surveillance video from the Norman Police Department.

Norman Police did not provide Finlay with a copy of the video but did allow Finlay to view the tape at the department on Monday afternoon.

Police have said they are not prepared to release the tape due to its “evidentiary value” as the investigation into the incident continues.

Barring a leak of the tape, it likely wouldn’t be viewed by the public until a preliminary hearing or a trial if there are eventually charges filed in the case.

It could also be released if Cleveland County District Attorney Greg Mashburn declines to file charges in the case.

Salt City Sooner
7/29/2014, 11:20 PM

I'd be willing to bet that the Shannon & DGB situations are a more than minor contributing factor toward him taking that stance. I can just see the media running with the "Woman Beater/Raper U" mantra, with "Here we go, back to the Switzer era" not far behind, & I think we can all agree that the program can do without that headache.

Curly Bill
7/29/2014, 11:31 PM
I'd be willing to bet that the Shannon & DGB situations are a more than minor contributing factor toward him taking that stance. I can just see the media running with the "Woman Beater/Raper U" mantra, with "Here we go, back to the Switzer era" not far behind, & I think we can all agree that the program can do without that headache.

We all don't agree, because as long as Stoops does what is right be the players and the program, I could give a rats a** what the media thinks/says.

Wishboned
7/29/2014, 11:39 PM
We all don't agree, because as long as Stoops does what is right be the players and the program, I could give a rats a** what the media thinks/says.

Exactly. He has to show a willingness to stand behind his players.

birddog
7/29/2014, 11:54 PM
I have no problem cutting him loose if he has such a lack of discipline and restraint. At the most, tell the girl to go to hell and find something else to do, like go home because it's after 2am. Second chances are usually meant to be granted at other schools . We've had our fair share. Sorry, Joe, ya gotsta go, if what's being said us true.

7/30/2014, 12:00 AM
We all don't agree, because as long as Stoops does what is right be the players and the program, I could give a rats a** what the media thinks/says.The university would be fools indeed to let the Media run their business.

CK Sooner
7/30/2014, 03:01 AM
I have no problem cutting him loose if he has such a lack of discipline and restraint. At the most, tell the girl to go to hell and find something else to do, like go home because it's after 2am. Second chances are usually meant to be granted at other schools . We've had our fair share. Sorry, Joe, ya gotsta go, if what's being said us true.

Second chances are actually given a lot at the school where the incidents occur. It was he's 18th birthday and him and some buddies went to a restaurant. I don't believe they have curfew...and you are wanting him gone when he potentially (most likely) punched the girl after she spat/punched him, which is well within the law unless he took it to far with multiple punches, etc.

I am not seeing it man. At the most if charges aren't even brought maybe a 1-2 game suspension for putting himself in that situation. If he gets a misdemeanor the suspension will be longer. Only way I see him getting kicked off is if he threw multiple punches, or it gets upgraded to a agg assault.

Wanting an 18 year old kid kicked off because he did something within the law is petty and unrealistic. Maybe if he had a past history of breaking the law, but probably not.

Let me be brutally honest, I have no sympathy for the girl, sorry....she ceased to be a woman when she assaulted him, and that's without bringing up her trashy past.

Sooner in Tampa
7/30/2014, 07:01 AM
Take this with a grain of salt...supposedly someone in 'the know'

Quote deleted

If the person in the know has a verifiable source, you can repost.

KantoSooner
7/30/2014, 08:06 AM

Were you on campus during the 'Switzer Era'? I was. There were no open gun battles, no roaming bands of rapists on the streets. It was very normal. Barry's political opponents did him because he had too much perceived power. (Imagine Bob with victories over LSU and USC). So let's drop the casual slanging of his name.

SoonerorLater
7/30/2014, 09:37 AM
We might be waiting for the surveillance tape for a while.

http://newsok.com/surveillance-video-in-joe-mixon-investigation-likely-wont-be-released-soon/article/5102417

It's possible, even likely we will never see the video if this does not go to trial.

Soonerwake
7/30/2014, 09:56 AM
Were you on campus during the 'Switzer Era'? I was. There were no open gun battles, no roaming bands of rapists on the streets. It was very normal. Barry's political opponents did him because he had too much perceived power. (Imagine Bob with victories over LSU and USC). So let's drop the casual slanging of his name.

Thats the most refreshing, true statement about that time period that I have ever read. I was there too, and this is spot on. There was not the open craziness that is now assumed. The problem was that the stuff that happened at OU that made the news was everywhere, at every top football program. Doesn't make it right, it's just the truth. The times were different, no social media, no cellphone cameras. OU players were treated like gods, and they took advantage. OU's problems seems to all happen within a few months of each other and it got blown up, and of course it didn't help that there was a faction that wanted Switzer gone, so this made it easy.

Salt City Sooner
7/30/2014, 10:26 AM
I know that; those stories were overblown to the nth degree. It didn't stop the media from dragging him & OU through the dirt though, even if it was just the 4-5 players who they focused on. Let this get back up to those levels again & you'll see it again, & if you don't think that the powers that be (esp. Mr. PC himself Boren) don't care about public perception, we're just going to have to agree to disagree. I probably did a poor job of trying to intimate that in my previous post, but that's the point I was making.

KantoSooner
7/30/2014, 10:35 AM
I apologize if my comment was over harsh. Sincerely.
I get a bit defensive about that era with people I perceive to be too young to have personal knowledge. It's as though, for some, that Barry was a nazicommiedruglordmafiadon who was somehow allowed to run amok until his reign of terror was ended by a popular uprising. I can understand horns feeling that way; considering that he used them and their team like toilet paper for decades. But, it seems odd to me that Sooners would buy into the revisionist history.
But, again, my apologies, nothing personal intended.

CK Sooner
7/30/2014, 02:59 PM
To the person deleting insider info comments....at this point any info will be coming out from sources that can not be named. Obviously.

badger
7/30/2014, 03:21 PM
Interesting insight from a Tulsa assistant DA (http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/news/mikestrain/mike-strain-what-s-taking-so-long-in-joe-mixon/article_083fecaf-50e0-5658-99c5-4f8d2b1d6ca8.html):

Excerpt:

1) Drummond said prosecutors are ethically bound to provide a fair trial. Releasing evidence – whether a video, a confession, DNA – can compromise the ability to provide that fair trial. Jury pools can be tainted.

2) I asked him specifically about the case at OU, and how that video could help school officials determine Mixon’s playing future. Drummond wouldn’t discuss the specifics of that case, but he said if he showed evidence, it would create a problem.

“Then it looks like I’m kind of bed with them, and I’m supposed to be independent,” Drummond said. “It’s not going outside our office. Only law enforcement and prosecutors are going to see it.”

birddog
7/30/2014, 05:57 PM
As of now he is suspended from all football related activity. Practice begins at 530 am tomorrow.

7/30/2014, 06:00 PM
As of now he is suspended from all football related activity. Practice begins at 530 am tomorrow.Understandable. He would be a tremendous distraction for everyone on the team.

BoulderSooner79
7/30/2014, 06:05 PM
As of now he is suspended from all football related activity. Practice begins at 530 am tomorrow.

That's terrible news - 5:30am is inhuman!

stoopified
7/30/2014, 07:21 PM
I find it interesting that Dusty thinks Joe does not deserve a second chance at OU just because he hit a woman. I guess when he9DUSTY) beat his best friend so badly that he nearly killed him,THE SAVING GRACE WAS THAT HIS BEST FRIEND WAS A GUY.APPARENTLY DEFENDING YOURSELF AGAINST AN ATTACK FROM A DRUNKEN WOMAN IS A MUCH BIGGER ISSUE.

8timechamps
7/30/2014, 07:38 PM
To the person deleting insider info comments....at this point any info will be coming out from sources that can not be named. Obviously.

I'm the person deleting the "insider information". I've made it clear (twice) not to post things without a verifiable source. We can speculate all day long, but that's all it is at this point. No reason to start the whole "I heard from a friend, who heard from a friend..." stuff.

Widescreen
7/30/2014, 07:38 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11288706/joe-mixon-oklahoma-sooners-suspended-team-amid-investigation

Suspended.

8timechamps
7/30/2014, 07:40 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11288706/joe-mixon-oklahoma-sooners-suspended-team-amid-investigation

Suspended.

Interesting.

Doesn't feel like a positive.

BoulderSooner79
7/30/2014, 07:50 PM
Interesting.

Doesn't feel like a positive.

No, it doesn't. But it could just be a prudent move by the university until the police investigation is finished.

Ruf/Nek7
7/30/2014, 08:01 PM
No, it doesn't. But it could just be a prudent move by the university until the police investigation is finished.

My thoughts exactly. No need for distractions when you are just getting going. In the long run, I think Mixon leaves the program.

BoulderSooner79
7/30/2014, 08:05 PM

Suspended.

ESPN says "suspended" but the article in our own news forum quotes Mixon's attorney as saying Mixon is *not* suspended. He is being held out of football activities pending the investigation results. Of course, Mixon's attorney is going to spin it as positive as he can, so take it FWIW.

8timechamps
7/30/2014, 08:06 PM

This could be typical protocol (I can't remember off the top of my head if there is some precedent for it). Certainly prudent for OU, especially given the current atmosphere in the NCAA.

Not that there's ever a good time for something like this, but with Shannon's ordeal and DGB's arrival, the timing couldn't be much worse.

8timechamps
7/30/2014, 08:07 PM
ESPN says "suspended" but the article in our own news forum quotes Mixon's attorney as saying Mixon is *not* suspended. He is being held out of football activities pending the investigation results. Of course, Mixon's attorney is going to spin it as positive as he can, so take it FWIW.

The "headline" on the main NCAAF page on ESPN says he's "banned" from the team. So, like everything else with this, there's no clarity.

Widescreen
7/30/2014, 08:10 PM
Banned or suspended - seems like basically the same thing.

tx sooner
7/30/2014, 08:52 PM
I have a bad feeling the university knows that charges are coming....hope im wrong.

swardboy
7/30/2014, 09:13 PM
"Joe Mixon is not reporting for team activities at this time. We will continue to monitor the situation."
SoonerScoop contacted Mixon's attorney, Kevin Finlay, following the release from OU.
"It's our understanding that he's not being suspended, that he's simply being held out from team activities, pending the conclusion of the investigation," Finlay said. "My understanding is that that's University of Oklahoma policy, and that he's being treated as would any student athlete."
- See more at: https://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1664323#sthash.pldnmL04.dpuf

BoulderSooner79
7/30/2014, 09:50 PM
Banned or suspended - seems like basically the same thing.

Depends. Suspended seems to carries an official designation that requires a protocol to become reinstated. Being "held out of team activities" may not carry any official status. Yes, I'm speculating why Mixon's attorney specifically stated Mixon was not suspended - there must be a rules difference (for now).