PDA

View Full Version : Joe Mixon rumor.....?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Salt City Sooner
7/31/2014, 12:48 AM
I apologize if my comment was over harsh. Sincerely.
I get a bit defensive about that era with people I perceive to be too young to have personal knowledge. It's as though, for some, that Barry was a nazicommiedruglordmafiadon who was somehow allowed to run amok until his reign of terror was ended by a popular uprising. I can understand horns feeling that way; considering that he used them and their team like toilet paper for decades. But, it seems odd to me that Sooners would buy into the revisionist history.
But, again, my apologies, nothing personal intended.
No harm no foul dude. Like I said, I probably did a cruddy job saying what I was trying to say in my first post.

Oh, fwiw, I'm 47, remember those days WAY too well, & I'm totally with you on the revisionist history thing. It was a crock, but it didn't stop those with the platform to do so from screaming to the hills about it. It got old in a hurry, & I'd hate to see us even come close to giving them an excuse to go at it again.

cherokeebrewer
7/31/2014, 01:59 PM
I appreciate this article from Berry Tramel...The Father sounds sincere and it seems to fit in this thread.

http://newsok.com/father-of-a-disciplined-sooner-thanks-bob-stoops/article/5108917

LakeRat
7/31/2014, 02:12 PM
I appreciate this article from Berry Tramel...The Father sounds sincere and it seems to fit in this thread.

http://newsok.com/father-of-a-disciplined-sooner-thanks-bob-stoops/article/5108917
Great article.

CK Sooner
7/31/2014, 02:13 PM
I have a bad feeling the university knows that charges are coming....hope im wrong.

This is baseless. It's school policy to suspend during stuff like this.

badger
7/31/2014, 03:08 PM
This is baseless. It's school policy to suspend during stuff like this.

It's the school mercy rule. The longer you're suspended/banned, the longer you hold off on your date with this guy:
https://cscca.org/content/images.members/251.standard.jpg
Advice: When he asks you how many yards you're going to rush for in your OU career, aim low. It's his cruel way of figuring out how many stairs you're going to run :(:(:(:(

CK Sooner
7/31/2014, 03:22 PM
It's the school mercy rule. The longer you're suspended/banned, the longer you hold off on your date with this guy:
Advice: When he asks you how many yards you're going to rush for in your OU career, aim low. It's his cruel way of figuring out how many stairs you're going to run :(:(:(:(

He's licking his chops waiting for him to come back. He is probably actually at Borens office on his hands and knees begging for him to come back.

dwarthog
7/31/2014, 03:54 PM
Post just to get this off page 13, I hope. Not that I'm superstitious or anything like that...

SoonerPride
7/31/2014, 04:35 PM

He's licking his chops waiting for him to come back. He is probably actually at Borens office on his hands and knees begging for him to come back.

Um

what?

blacktop
7/31/2014, 04:39 PM

Priceless. Coack Stoops et al., have been there, done that. I trust Coach with his second chances. Mixon, as well as the plaintiff, will get a fair hearing. I'm sitting here in Georgia and always feel removed from the chaos. Thanks for the link.

8timechamps
7/31/2014, 04:43 PM

That's the best perspective I've seen on all of this.

It's too bad that these kinds of stories aren't publicized more. I guess they don't grab headlines.

KantoSooner
7/31/2014, 04:50 PM
Well, to be fair, it requires a wee bit of talent to write an engaging story that's positive; so that removes the option from the palettes of 99% of all journalists.

8timechamps
7/31/2014, 04:52 PM
Well, to be fair, it requires a wee bit of talent to write an engaging story that's positive; so that removes the option from the palettes of 99% of all journalists.

Good point. There used to be a difference between "journalist" and "blogger". I think that distinction is gone.

KantoSooner
7/31/2014, 04:53 PM
Pretty.

Much.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/31/2014, 05:13 PM
Personally, I think it would be easier for all involved if Stoops brought him in and told him he was going to suspend him for a year (like he did with Broyles). That way, the media furor would die down just like it did with Broyles (who wants to read reports on a suspended running back).

8timechamps
7/31/2014, 05:17 PM
Personally, I think it would be easier for all involved if Stoops brought him in and told him he was going to suspend him for a year (like he did with Broyles). That way, the media furor would die down just like it did with Broyles (who wants to read reports on a suspended running back).

I've come to the conclusion that Mixon won't play this year, for that very reason (assuming no felony charge). It's going to be up to Mixon to have the resolve to stay with the program and earn his way back. It would be really easy for him to bolt and try to put this behind him. We'll see.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/31/2014, 06:25 PM
It would be really easy for him to bolt and try to put this behind him. We'll see.

Oh that is what I expect him to do. For whatever reason, top rated Cali running backs just do not pan out (since Bush anyway).

stoopified
7/31/2014, 07:01 PM
Oh that is what I expect him to do. For whatever reason, top rated Cali running backs just do not pan out (since Bush anyway).Brennan Clay ?

BoulderSooner79
7/31/2014, 07:04 PM
Brennan Clay ?

He did okay for us the last couple of years - didn't really show us the explosive jab ala Mixon.

Blue
7/31/2014, 07:14 PM
If he was just defending himself, suspending him for a year would be a horrible decision. People shouldn't be punished for being human.

CK Sooner
7/31/2014, 07:17 PM
I've come to the conclusion that Mixon won't play this year, for that very reason (assuming no felony charge). It's going to be up to Mixon to have the resolve to stay with the program and earn his way back. It would be really easy for him to bolt and try to put this behind him. We'll see.

Why would you come to that conclusion if the story that is out is that she spit and punched him and he punched her back once...?

I heard a guy that said an offensive player told him the story. She punched and called him the N word MULTIPLE times before he hit her.

Coming to the conclusion that he will be suspended with the current info that is out makes no sense.

If he doesn't get a felony (which is far fetched) then he won't get a year suspension....if there is no charge I would be surprised to see a suspension past two games.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/31/2014, 07:24 PM
Why would you come to that conclusion if the story that is out is that she spit and punched him and he punched her back once...?

I heard a guy that said an offensive player told him the story. She punched and called him the N word MULTIPLE times before he hit her.

Coming to the conclusion that he will be suspended with the current info that is out makes no sense.

If he doesn't get a felony (which is far fetched) then he won't get a year suspension....if there is no charge I would be surprised to see a suspension past two games.This seems sound thinking

cherokeebrewer
7/31/2014, 07:29 PM
He did okay for us the last couple of years - didn't really show us the explosive jab ala Mixon.

No but he sure was a warrior & gave it all he had. The player we're going to miss the most is Jalen Saunders.

Widescreen
7/31/2014, 07:39 PM

My guess is that would be premature. I don't think he wants to announce a specific punishment until he finds out exactly what happened and what Mixon will be charged with (if anything).

7/31/2014, 07:53 PM
My guess is that would be premature. I don't think he wants to announce a specific punishment until he finds out exactly what happened and what Mixon will be charged with (if anything).Duh! the hell with the media, all their condemnation, recommendations and gossip.

7/31/2014, 08:09 PM
Some folks here are acting like they are ready to sacrifice him regardless of the investigation results.

Curly Bill
7/31/2014, 08:14 PM
Some folks here are acting like they are ready to sacrifice him regardless of the investigation results.

And while a lot has to be found out, instead of condemnation he might actually deserve a medal for putting some worthless piece of trash in its place!

CK Sooner
7/31/2014, 08:18 PM
And while a lot has to be found out, instead of condemnation he might actually deserve a medal for putting some worthless piece of trash in its place!

This is where I think most people are different on. The only reason ever I would ever hit a woman is if she punched me or assaulted me in some way. In some cases, I might take a punch and walk away if she backs off.

The other side is delusional and thinks that you shouldn't never hit a woman no matter what because they can't do wrong.

If there was one person I don't mind getting hit, its that girl. Trashy, long criminal record and she assaults people because she thinks she won't get hit back.

Curly Bill
7/31/2014, 08:22 PM
This is where I think most people are different on. The only reason ever I would ever hit a woman is if she punched me or assaulted me in some way. In some cases, I might take a punch and walk away if she backs off.

The other side is delusional and thinks that you shouldn't never hit a woman no matter what because they can't do wrong.

If there was one person I don't mind getting hit, its that girl. Trashy, long criminal record and she assaults people because she thinks she won't get hit back.

Yep, and I don't buy into that anymore. Want to be treated like a woman, then act like a woman. Act like some piece of crap because you think your lady parts give you some magic immunity, and you get treated roughly, well....that's too damn bad!

...and for the record: Any female that truly acts the part, and deserves to be treated as such, I treat with utmost reverence, and would defend them with considerable alacrity if need be.

VA Sooner
7/31/2014, 08:30 PM
I was really disappointed in Dusty Dvoracek. He said Mixon has to go. He said he's not saying Mixon doesn't deserve a second chance, just not a second chance at Oklahoma.

I wonder how high the utility bills are for that glass house he's living in?

I was thinking the same thing. Come on Dusty... you got a second chance... and at Oklahoma. Double standard?

8timechamps
7/31/2014, 08:43 PM

If he doesn't get a felony (which is far fetched) then he won't get a year suspension....if there is no charge I would be surprised to see a suspension past two games.

Look at how polarizing this issue is within the fanbase. I haven't taken a poll to find out how many people think it's okay to hit a woman in "self defense", but I'll tell you how I feel. Short of a woman pulling a gun on me, I would never hit a woman. I understand that there are people that would, but either way, it's a controversial action. Combine that with the current atmosphere in the NCAA (any kind of violence against women is a hot button issue), and it's not hard to reason that Stoops could err on the side of caution and suspend him for a year.

However, I didn't say I had come to the conclusion that he would be suspended. I said I've come to the conclusion that Mixon won't play this year. That will either be because he's suspended, or he decides to leave the program.

If you think there isn't a chance of either of those, then that makes no sense to me.

Wishboned
7/31/2014, 08:52 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZaEP51rtmg

Curly Bill
7/31/2014, 08:54 PM
If he ends up leaving or being removed from the program that brings to mind a strategy we could employ against any number of teams that might be a threat to beat us: Round up some of the trashiest "women" we can find, send them to Austin, Stillwater, Waco, etc, have them frequent establishments were football players are likely to hang out, and at the opportune time let fly on them with any number of expletives, cuss their mamas, call them the most vile racist names you can come up with, punch, slap, kick, hit and bite them until they are forced to defend themselves, and then lets hit the news: UT football player punches woman in face!

Then we got ol Charlie Strong saying: well damn fella, you've got no previous criminal record, haven't been a problem since ya got here, but I got no choice: I gotta send ya packing. What with that there NCAA, and the news media and whatnot, we just can't afford to give ya a fair chance.

8timechamps
7/31/2014, 08:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZaEP51rtmg

With the accompanying soundtrack, I couldn't stop laughing.

Wishboned
7/31/2014, 08:55 PM
With the accompanying soundtrack, I couldn't stop laughing.

The music makes the video. :)

Wishboned
7/31/2014, 09:06 PM
One of my "sources" supplied me with a copy of the surveillance tape. It's been edited for time constraints.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8cDfnQD0ws

CK Sooner
7/31/2014, 09:10 PM
Look at how polarizing this issue is within the fanbase. I haven't taken a poll to find out how many people think it's okay to hit a woman in "self defense", but I'll tell you how I feel. Short of a woman pulling a gun on me, I would never hit a woman. I understand that there are people that would, but either way, it's a controversial action. Combine that with the current atmosphere in the NCAA (any kind of violence against women is a hot button issue), and it's not hard to reason that Stoops could err on the side of caution and suspend him for a year.

However, I didn't say I had come to the conclusion that he would be suspended. I said I've come to the conclusion that Mixon won't play this year. That will either be because he's suspended, or he decides to leave the program.

If you think there isn't a chance of either of those, then that makes no sense to me.

If the law allows it then it shouldn't be an issue with him in regards to the university. With the past decisions Bob has made, it really is a baseless opinion that he will not play for a year, or will leave. Again, if the charges are dropped the suspension won't be more than 4 games. If its a misdemeanor he may be out half the year. I will come and eat crow if I am wrong.

EatLeadCommie
7/31/2014, 09:12 PM
Good grief, how was the guy able to find and compile so many?

Wishboned
7/31/2014, 09:15 PM
Good grief, how was the guy able to find and compile so many?

I recognized a few. I had never seen the one with Reagan though.

BoulderSooner79
7/31/2014, 09:19 PM
Man, if I had a nickel for every time I slapped a women and then we engaged in angry sex…

SoonerorLater
7/31/2014, 09:29 PM
If he ends up leaving or being removed from the program that brings to mind a strategy we could employ against any number of teams that might be a threat to beat us: Round up some of the trashiest "women" we can find, send them to Austin, Stillwater, Waco, etc, have them frequent establishments were football players are likely to hang out, and at the opportune time let fly on them with any number of expletives, cuss their mamas, call them the most vile racist names you can come up with, punch, slap, kick, hit and bite them until they are forced to defend themselves, and then lets hit the news: UT football player punches woman in face!

Then we got ol Charlie Strong saying: well damn fella, you've got no previous criminal record, haven't been a problem since ya got here, but I got no choice: I gotta send ya packing. What with that there NCAA, and the news media and whatnot, we just can't afford to give ya a fair chance.

This is exactly what I was thinking the other day as I listened to some of the media pundits who say hitting a woman is never justified. As soon as you take away the threat of retaliation against aggression then you might as well declare open season on these athletes.

LA.SoonerFan
7/31/2014, 09:34 PM
There you go. It's perfectly fine to hit a woman. Case closed. Now let's play football.

CK Sooner
7/31/2014, 09:38 PM
There you go. It's perfectly fine to hit a woman. Case closed. Now let's play football.

LOL, you aren't playing anything girly.

Curly Bill
7/31/2014, 10:01 PM
This is exactly what I was thinking the other day as I listened to some of the media pundits who say hitting a woman is never justified. As soon as you take away the threat of retaliation against aggression then you might as well declare open season on these athletes.

I heard the same thing from some of those media fools. Hopefully Stoops has more sense than the media tools and the other simpleminded folks who make and believe in blanket statements like that.

BoulderSooner79
7/31/2014, 10:08 PM
I don't think Stoops pays any attention to what comes out of the media and he has proven that in the past. But he might hold a different standard for an OU football player than a random guy on the street. He might not care if a response was justified or not.

8timechamps
7/31/2014, 10:18 PM
If the law allows it then it shouldn't be an issue with him in regards to the university. With the past decisions Bob has made, it really is a baseless opinion that he will not play for a year, or will leave. Again, if the charges are dropped the suspension won't be more than 4 games. If its a misdemeanor he may be out half the year. I will come and eat crow if I am wrong.

Trust me, I hope I'm wrong. I want nothing more than to see the kid in a Sooner jersey scoring touchdowns.

And, I'm probably wrong more than I'm right, so that's good news.

Curly Bill
7/31/2014, 10:29 PM
I don't think Stoops pays any attention to what comes out of the media and he has proven that in the past. But he might hold a different standard for an OU football player than a random guy on the street. He might not care if a response was justified or not.

True enough, and if I was a potential recruit I'd take that into account.

Wishboned
7/31/2014, 11:33 PM
I'm thinking we need to create a couple of drinks to commemorate the memorable week leading up to practice.

The Molitor Cocktail is a tiny drink that will only get you buzzed, but the Mixon It On Up packs a hell of a punch.

8/1/2014, 12:30 AM
This is exactly what I was thinking the other day as I listened to some of the media pundits who say hitting a woman is never justified. As soon as you take away the threat of retaliation against aggression then you might as well declare open season on these athletes.Duh, right! "Look, we're disarming, Russia(China, N Korea, Iran, Hezbola, Hamas etc.)! Now you HAVE TO!"

SoonerFanTexasBM
8/1/2014, 08:32 AM
Lets face it, Mixon was a sweet addition when he signed. Although in saying that he was not a make or break player in my mind. If he gets to play, great. If he winds up in big time trouble, fine. I am still keen to see Keith Ford get a bigger role this year. I see flashes of AD in Ford if he can just hold on to the ball.

Gonna be a good year!

Boomer Sooner!!!

KantoSooner
8/1/2014, 08:32 AM
I was thinking the same thing. Come on Dusty... you got a second chance... and at Oklahoma. Double standard?

Dusty, bless his little heart, is not the first person I'd go to for wisdom on much of anything other than advice on how to hit/tackle people. Although he's under control now, it would seem, inside him one senses that the knucklehead lurks.

badger
8/1/2014, 08:34 AM
My Dvoracek story: Dusty and company (I think the other team captains) were at the unveiling of the first Heisman statue the night before opening game. A speaker made an offhanded remark about being in pursuit of championship #8 and Dusty and other players laughed.

The next day TCU beat us :(

CK Sooner
8/2/2014, 03:28 PM
Mixon hosted a recruit today....can't find anything but good about that.

birddog
8/3/2014, 04:41 PM
They let mixon out of the shed!?

salth2o
8/4/2014, 04:41 PM
I have it on good authority that Mixon and Stoops met with Boren earlier today.

Not exactly sure what that indicates but I'm certain it was a serious discussion.

KantoSooner
8/4/2014, 04:55 PM
Could be good or bad news. We won't know until some sort of legal deal comes out: either charges are filed, DA declines to file, skank files suit, etc. One would think that the first one out will be Norman PD/DA. Can't imagine it would take them much beyond end of this week to review the tape, interview, take statements, etc. And, at that point, you're going to know pretty much all you're ever going to know, factually.

I would suspect that this was more along the lines of "If this happens, then X, If Y, then Z" type of thing so that Mixon is not blind sided or feels abandoned. It may be that Boren was approached by her family with a settlement offer. (Boren would not have approached them).

cherokeebrewer
8/4/2014, 05:02 PM
Who is the "good authority"...All I've seen is what some unknown guy on twitter said.

salth2o
8/4/2014, 07:02 PM
Who is the "good authority"...All I've seen is what some unknown guy on twitter said.

Somebody who works at the university saw them today.

Mazeppa
8/4/2014, 08:03 PM
Oh, That guy, It must be so then.

smackramensooner
8/5/2014, 07:26 AM
At this point, if he is indeed kicked off the team, I'm about to brand this the "Reggie Bush Curse". That will make 8 5* running backs in a row from the state of CA since Bush that have bombed out at their first schools.

this is intriguing. you got the list?

JLEW1818
8/5/2014, 08:05 AM
Smells like a Red-Shirt

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/5/2014, 01:19 PM
this is intriguing. you got the list?

2002 - Lorenzo Booker (3rd round), Chris Bruhn (None)
2003 - Reggie Bush (1st round)
2004 - None
2005 - Marlon Lucky (none) - I thought he was kicked off the team, but apparently not
2006 - Stafon Johnson (none) - barbell incident
2007 - Marc Tyler (none) - Spitting Incident
2008 - Darrell Scott (none) - transferred from colorado to south florida
2009 - None
2010 - Dillon Baxter - (none yet) - transferred from USC to Baker
2011 - None
2012 - None
2013 - None

I think my original data was on all of California's 5*s. Outside of Allen Bradford (who was listed as a linebacker out of high school and ended up playing running back), they've had much more success in the 2* range than the 5* range.

Last several drafts
5* - 6
4* - 18
3* - 31
2* - 21

The 5*s
Allen Bradford*
Barkley, Matt
McDonald, T.J.
Woods, Robert
Tyron Smith*
Matt Kalil†*

the 2*s
Jerome Long*
Virgil Green*
Scotty McKnight*
Brandyn Thompson*
DeMarco Sampson*
Harris, Jeremy
Mike Mohamed*
Wooten, Khalid
Isaiah Frey*
Josh Kaddu*
Devon Wylie*
Bakhtiari, David
Robert Turbin*
James-Michael Johnson*
Greg Salas*
Vincent Brown*
Curtis Marsh*
McFadden, Leon
Bobby Wagner*
Escobar, Gavin
Doug Martin†*

Sooner in Tampa
8/5/2014, 02:53 PM
This is from another Sooner site...it is consistent with a ton of 'rumors' out there about "The Tape"

From someone who has seen the tapes.
Obviously, I don't know exactly what was seen /heard on tape and what was gathered via interview from witnesses:

Mixon and a group of football players were standing outside of Pickleman's when Amelia and her gay friend walk by. The players say something to the gay guy and arguing begins, goes back and forth but nothing serious.
Mixon goes independently up to the counter a few minutes later and orders a sandwich. The duo led by Amelia then confronts Mixon. They jaw back and forth with witnesses claiming she was yelling at him and calling him a f'ing n'gr over and over again and spits at him. The gay guy won't make eye contact with Mixon. Mixon puts his hands up like he doesn't want any problems and turns his back. She then hits him in the back of the head. He turns around and looks at her like are you crazy and says something again. He then puts his hands up like he doesn't want any problems and turns around. She comes up and wacks him pretty good in the back of the head. He then turns and gives her a punch that would make Mike Tyson proud. Very violent hit. He then walks away.
From what I've been told, legally Mixon is innocent but if that tape becomes public it will be a pr nightmare for OU, Stoops, and Mixon.

SoonerMarkVA
8/5/2014, 03:41 PM
This is from another Sooner site...it is consistent with a ton of 'rumors' out there about "The Tape"

Gah. Like they say: nothing good happens after midnight.

And you know that tape'll go public. It has to.

What a crapfest.

8/5/2014, 04:00 PM
Gah. Like they say: nothing good happens after midnight.

And you know that tape'll go public. It has to.

What a crapfest.it will come out just before the TN hounds game, or the cows game.

KantoSooner
8/5/2014, 04:05 PM
IF that's what the tape shows, then it's a PR problem and only that. And only with a portion of the community. If that's what's shown, I'm good with his actions. Morally, and legally, the slag had it coming. And PR can be handled. I don't encourage a resort to violence; but I won't walk away from one of our own IF that's what went down. And, frankly IF that's what went down, I wouldn't want the university to walk away from Mixon, either. You raise your boys to not hit girls, if you're any kind of parent. You also raise your girls to behave like ladies and not like street ho's (any prostitutes reading this, please excuse me, I realize that 99% of the ladies in your trade would have behaved far better and are undoubtedly of higher moral timbre than the young woman in question here, my apologies.)

Sit him a bit. Have him go do play dates with sick children. Film him singing in church. Introduce the community to his work walking cast away dogs at the animal shelter. Have your PR boys make sure her criminal record is endlessly available and each time she so much as farts or wears a T-shirt two days in a row it's recorded. Pictures of her in a prison jumpsuit after her arrest would be a nice touch.

If that's what the film shows.

If.

CK Sooner
8/5/2014, 04:07 PM
Smells like a Red-Shirt

I think that is the least likely thing to happen with the current info of what happened.

Wishboned
8/5/2014, 04:11 PM
IF that is what the tape shows then he gave her three strikes and then she was out.

KantoSooner
8/5/2014, 04:19 PM
IF that is what the tape shows then he gave her three strikes and then she was out.

Damn. It only took you a single sentence. I am abashed.

EatLeadCommie
8/5/2014, 04:37 PM
IF that's what the tape shows, then it's a PR problem and only that. And only with a portion of the community. If that's what's shown, I'm good with his actions. Morally, and legally, the slag had it coming. And PR can be handled. I don't encourage a resort to violence; but I won't walk away from one of our own IF that's what went down. And, frankly IF that's what went down, I wouldn't want the university to walk away from Mixon, either. You raise your boys to not hit girls, if you're any kind of parent. You also raise your girls to behave like ladies and not like street ho's (any prostitutes reading this, please excuse me, I realize that 99% of the ladies in your trade would have behaved far better and are undoubtedly of higher moral timbre than the young woman in question here, my apologies.)

Sit him a bit. Have him go do play dates with sick children. Film him singing in church. Introduce the community to his work walking cast away dogs at the animal shelter. Have your PR boys make sure her criminal record is endlessly available and each time she so much as farts or wears a T-shirt two days in a row it's recorded. Pictures of her in a prison jumpsuit after her arrest would be a nice touch.

If that's what the film shows.

If.

Agree.

SoonerLB
8/5/2014, 06:16 PM
The young man shouldn't have his life ruined because he protected himself from a physical attack. He has just as much right to protect himself as she does to be a drunken **** in public. I guess I'm old school, but from that description of the events I say she got just what she deserved. Yeah, he may have over-reacted, but isn't that a common trait when it comes to teenagers? Taking this scenario and other things that point to her lack of credibility and maturity, Joe would get very little disciplinary action from me, and she would be the one getting booted from campus.

Curly Bill
8/5/2014, 09:21 PM
Sounds like he might deserve a medal!

Wishboned
8/5/2014, 09:51 PM
Sounds like he might deserve a medal!

He was just taking out the trash.

Wishboned
8/5/2014, 10:25 PM
Smells like a Red-Shirt

That's not red shirt you're smelling, it's your leftover fear from not wanting to play Alabama in the Sugar Bowl.

sendbaht
8/6/2014, 04:55 AM
The music makes the video. :)

I know this is serious but it was funny..how sad I guess but I laughed a lot....maybe because it was silly...not sure..

Sooner in Tampa
8/6/2014, 08:38 AM
More 'inside' info from another Sooner Site

Just got another dm saying both Molitor and Joe will get misdemeanors and community service or Joe might not get charged at all in this whole ordeal.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/6/2014, 09:04 AM

From someone who has seen the tapes.
Obviously, I don't know exactly what was seen /heard on tape and what was gathered via interview from witnesses:

this entire story makes my head hurt

dwarthog
8/6/2014, 09:16 AM
Karma, it's a beotch.... the sucky part is that it was one of the players, one we were really looking forward to seeing this fall, that was stuck with the delivery.

birddog
8/6/2014, 12:59 PM
He could have handled it all in so many less violent ways. He ccould have spit on her, he could have pushed her away, he could have told the manager there's a crazy chick in the area. I guess I just think he should take a break for a year and focus on school and staying in shape. Legally he's good and as time goes and as time passes people remember the incident but so many other incidents have occurred the mixon mistake is merely an afterthought.

yermom
8/6/2014, 01:35 PM
legal is one thing, OUAD and OU Public Affairs is another.

we'll see what happens, but there isn't really a good way to predict it, if that report of the tape contents is true or not...

CK Sooner
8/6/2014, 02:11 PM
He could have handled it all in so many less violent ways. He ccould have spit on her, he could have pushed her away, he could have told the manager there's a crazy chick in the area. I guess I just think he should take a break for a year and focus on school and staying in shape. Legally he's good and as time goes and as time passes people remember the incident but so many other incidents have occurred the mixon mistake is merely an afterthought.

Why should he take a break? I can tell you that you are in the minority if that is what you are thinking. The most this is gonna be is a misdemeanor, but possibly a no charge. There is no need to redshirt a kid for a misdemeanor. I guess this is why you aren't a coach/admin.

Curly Bill
8/6/2014, 02:51 PM

What a nonsensical bunch of gibberish.

KantoSooner
8/6/2014, 02:59 PM
If there are no criminal charges, then he's good on that score
If she doesn't file civil charges, then he's free of that taint, as well.
If the 'gay' guy doesn't file whatever could be made out of what seems at worst to have been a verbal slur, then there's that gone.
He does not now appear to have caused any damage to the restaurant, so I don't see a cause of action there.
He doesn't seem to have violated any curfew or to have been engaged in underaged drinking.
And, to our knowledge, the university has not opened any code of conduct or related administrative proceeding against him.

Most of these hinge, to some degree, on his situation with Norman PD. Without those charges, the rest of this all starts to fall apart quite rapidly.

So, to speculate, if the PD/DA does not file any criminal charges either felony or misdemeanor and the rest of this stuff goes away, then what? You've got a young man who is guilty of .... what? Being associated with an unsavory incident? That's supposed to be grounds for serious punishment (which sitting him for a year most certainly is)?

If he's guilty of a crime, I trust and insist that Norman PD charge him and that he gets a fair, but unbiased punishment if those charges are proved AND that the athletic department follows suit.
On the other hand, if there's not enough there for the Norman PD, then there shouldn't be enough for OU or the athletic department to ground any punishment upon.
The opaque nature and unfixed standards are an excellent reason that 'codes of conduct' should be banned. They are all in the eye of the beholder.

cvsooner
8/6/2014, 03:03 PM

So, a student at the University of Oklahoma, celebrating his birthday, decides to get a sandwich and is forced to endure verbal and physical harassment by another student? Gender notwithstanding, nor his status as a student athlete...how do you think this would play out if it was just two run-of-the-mill students? Admittedly, we (still) don't know all the details of who said what and when, and how it actually played out, but this situation just escalated, fueled by alcohol consumed to excess by a student with a felonious past...

From what I can tell, the University is handling this with kid gloves because he is a prominent student athlete and there's additional scrutiny being paid to athletes in other incidents involving physical abuse, specifically of women. But at the same time, no student should be forced to endure racial prejudice. Now this was in an off-campus setting so the school isn't especially liable, but ... this is no situation any coach wants to be in right as practice is starting. Bad all-round.

My impression is Mixon seems like a good kid and the other party...not so much. But then, she's from Texas. So, there's that.

KantoSooner
8/6/2014, 03:31 PM
I heard a rumor that her aunt is that Bama fan who went airborne at the Sugar Bowl.

Wishboned
8/6/2014, 04:12 PM

Spitting is battery. Okla. Stat. Ann. Tit. 21, §642.

KantoSooner
8/6/2014, 04:19 PM
birddog, The legal issue will be settled by what he was obligated by law to do. And he was not obligated to take the least violent course. Morally, we might condemn him for lashing out and call upon him to show more introspection and consideration; but even morally we could not call upon him to simply take abuse without end.
So, we're basically arguing over whether his reaction was the best reaction. And, when matters come down to such splitting of hairs and application of individualistic conceptions of gradations of righteousness or wrongness, I think we have long ago departed from any place that warrants any sort of harsh punishment.

Plus she's a felonious, drunk, drugged out, street pusher of a slattern.

Did I mention that?

70sooner
8/6/2014, 04:24 PM
If the 'gay' guy doesn't file whatever could be made out of what seems at worst to have been a verbal slur, then there's that gone.

OK, so allegedly Mixon or another player made the gay remark, but is it known for sure who made the remark??

KantoSooner
8/6/2014, 04:42 PM
At this stage, the only folks who know what went down are the actors themselves. Even the investigators and DA are probably missing some of what they'd like to have.

I'm guessing the tapes are silent, so for the words, they'll have to rely on witness testimony.

birddog
8/6/2014, 04:52 PM
Spitting is battery. Okla. Stat. Ann. Tit. 21, §642.

Yeah I'm sure it's in there but from a pr perspective it looks Alot better than laying out a girl.

KantoSooner
8/6/2014, 05:04 PM
Get on message: "Laying out a drug dealing, drunk off her azz three time felon on the lam from the law who attacked him from behind."

Wishboned
8/6/2014, 05:05 PM
Yeah I'm sure it's in there but from a pr perspective it looks Alot better than laying out a girl.

She wasn't a girl. She was an assailant.

yermom
8/6/2014, 05:11 PM
not to ESPN and the twitterverse

Wishboned
8/6/2014, 05:14 PM

Two things that even combined I couldn't be bothered to give a **** about.

CK Sooner
8/6/2014, 05:15 PM

That's all you can think about in this situation is it was a girl. Get over it. I don't care if it was a girl or not....she assaulted him more than once and he only reacted after trying to resist (according to what we are hearing). I can tell the feeling on this board and in other places that if you assault someone like this, you should be able to defend yourself within reason, I believe he did that. If I am getting leveled by a girl I am not going to try to restrain her or push her away while getting spit on and punches thrown at me. If women don't want to be punched then don't punch other people.

Wishboned
8/6/2014, 05:20 PM
If women don't want to be punched then don't punch other people.

That's basically what it all boils down to. The idea of never striking a woman comes from a time when the majority of women acted like ladies. That idea has been perverted through the years to where some "women" have the idea that they basically have a license to kill, and that a man will never, or should never, retaliate.

Basically, in the words of the Tibetan philosophers,
http://www.heygidday.biz/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/265x265/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/P/A/PAT-0551-01367870358.JPG

yermom
8/6/2014, 05:38 PM
Two things that even combined I couldn't be bothered to give a **** about.

you think Stoops and Boren do?

Wishboned
8/6/2014, 05:58 PM
you think Stoops and Boren do?

Do I think Stoops gives a **** about opinions on ESPN and Twitter? I'm pretty sure it's been proven time and time again that he doesn't.

CK Sooner
8/6/2014, 06:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/hwIqkZM.jpg

8/6/2014, 07:45 PM
wheeedoggies!

BoulderSooner79
8/6/2014, 07:53 PM
Do I think Stoops gives a **** about opinions on ESPN and Twitter? I'm pretty sure it's been proven time and time again that he doesn't.

No he doesn't. Just as he doesn't give a ratzazz what a bunch of message board jockeys think.

birddog
8/6/2014, 08:00 PM
That's all you can think about in this situation is it was a girl. Get over it. I don't care if it was a girl or not....she assaulted him more than once and he only reacted after trying to resist (according to what we are hearing). I can tell the feeling on this board and in other places that if you assault someone like this, you should be able to defend yourself within reason, I believe he did that. If I am getting leveled by a girl I am not going to try to restrain her or push her away while getting spit on and punches thrown at me. If women don't want to be punched then don't punch other people.
I haven't heard that he was leveled. Never heard she squared up to him. It's been reported that she called him the unnecessary n word and smacked him in the back of the head. Again, as a representative of the university you think it's cool that he smashes a girls bones? Ok, we disagree on how to handle a girl that bows up to us.

SoonerorLater
8/6/2014, 08:17 PM

The abused woman angle is the latest "cause célèbre" by a pseudo enlightened sports media. Coupled with the fact that they can tie into a homosexual angle, gives these self important social crusaders a platform to stoke their inflated sense of relevance. If only this woman could have also been an illegal immigrant ESPN could have went for the hat-trick.

Soonerjeepman
8/6/2014, 08:26 PM
The abused woman angle is the latest "cause célèbre" by a pseudo enlightened sports media. Coupled with the fact that they can tie into a homosexual angle, gives these self important social crusaders a platform to stoke their inflated sense of relevance. If only this woman could have also been an illegal immigrant ESPN could have went for the hat-trick.

holy $hit...that is so true and funnier than anything...good one~

Wishboned
8/6/2014, 09:20 PM
Molitor returned to Oklahoma to face the judge regarding her bench warrant.

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-football-alleged-victim-in-joe-mixon-incident-appears-in-court-on-unrelated-case/article/5133937

Still trying to confirm if she had to be transported by ambulance due to the severity of her injuries.

Curly Bill
8/6/2014, 10:29 PM

Nailed it!

Curly Bill
8/6/2014, 10:30 PM

Nailed it 2.0!

Curly Bill
8/6/2014, 10:30 PM
That's basically what it all boils down to. The idea of never striking a woman comes from a time when the majority of women acted like ladies. That idea has been perverted through the years to where some "women" have the idea that they basically have a license to kill, and that a man will never, or should never, retaliate.

Basically, in the words of the Tibetan philosophers,
http://www.heygidday.biz/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/265x265/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/P/A/PAT-0551-01367870358.JPG

Nailed it 3.0!

CK Sooner
8/7/2014, 03:19 AM
I haven't heard that he was leveled. Never heard she squared up to him. It's been reported that she called him the unnecessary n word and smacked him in the back of the head. Again, as a representative of the university you think it's cool that he smashes a girls bones? Ok, we disagree on how to handle a girl that bows up to us.
I have been on this story since it came out and I don't remember hearing your story once on how it went down.

KantoSooner
8/7/2014, 08:32 AM
How do you get 'squared up' or 'bows up' out of an unprovoked attack from the rear?

Bottom line: drunk azz bitch attacked him and got clocked for her trouble. Cops should pay for his sandwich and jail her happy azz.

birddog
8/7/2014, 09:39 AM
Hehe. Good, ck. Your comprehension needs work. Read thru the first few pages. Witnesses report stuff. Now we have the internet. I never said it was true. But some of u guys are telling me the only way he could have handled it was to sock her in the face? Classy, just like molitor.

birddog
8/7/2014, 09:43 AM
How do you get 'squared up' or 'bows up' out of an unprovoked attack from the rear?

Bottom line: drunk azz bitch attacked him and got clocked for her trouble. Cops should pay for his sandwich and jail her happy azz.
Don't take the terminology so literally. It was said in jest. Have some of u been chickhandled before? Are u little fellas that get picked on by girls?

Curly Bill
8/7/2014, 09:58 AM
Don't take the terminology so literally. It was said in jest. Have some of u been chickhandled before? Are u little fellas that get picked on by girls?

You sure do have a hard-on for Joe Mixon. You care to explain the psychology behind it?

KantoSooner
8/7/2014, 09:59 AM
Not since my mama did about 50 years ago.

There is much to be mirthful about in this case. I personally find it hilarious that Molitor ran her mouth and then got it closed for her trouble. You see, I'm for gender equality and if some male had done what she is alleged to have done, Mixon would not have stopped at one punch and the entire affair would not be a topic of discussion.

What I'd really like is to put the Doxie in the trashbin of history and get on with football season.

birddog
8/7/2014, 10:12 AM
Amen

birddog
8/7/2014, 10:17 AM
You sure do have a hard-on for Joe Mixon. You care to explain the psychology behind it?when I got my scholarship I didn't think about losing it. It didn't seem like a big deal. But mixon is part of the future of what we want to enjoy over the next 4 years. I happen to think he could have talked to Mr. Pickelman and had the chick removed while telling her what a hydrocodone whore she was. People on here think it's warranted he smashed her face in. I haven't been on the story from day one, just read this thread and react to what I see.

KantoSooner
8/7/2014, 10:53 AM
You haven't missed much. Other than her allegations and Norman PD saying that they're investigating, nobody knows much of anything.

No one is arguing that Mixon would not have been better advised to not punch her. Hell, for that matter, he would have been better off to cancel the birthday party, have a stiff milk and cookie break around 7:30 and be in bed, asleep by 8:30 with freshly brushed teeth. That apparently having been given a miss, we now arrive at whether he will face criminal liability or have his football career at OU impacted.

Curly Bill
8/7/2014, 11:00 AM
Mr. Mixon needs to set out a year, bake cookies, knit sweaters, but most of all somberly reflect on what he has done.

There now...Did that properly capture the touchy-feely handwringing angst displayed by some of our commenters?

dwarthog
8/7/2014, 11:04 AM

My mom worked me and my brother over with a fly swatter regularly. Had to run for my life more than once.... I'm scarred for life... :-)

olevetonahill
8/7/2014, 11:22 AM
when I got my scholarship I didn't think about losing it. It didn't seem like a big deal. But mixon is part of the future of what we want to enjoy over the next 4 years
. I happen to think he could have talked to Mr. Pickelman and had the chick removed while telling her what a hydrocodone whore she was. People on here think it's warranted he smashed her face in. I haven't been on the story from day one, just read this thread and react to what I see.

Lets see at 2:30 AM you really think the owner is there? Come on Bro.

KantoSooner
8/7/2014, 11:23 AM
And my mom's fly swatter (wire and blue plastic, purchased in St. Louis in 1960) hangs to this day on the back of her kitchen door; ready for the time a third generation of small miscreants need an attitude adjustment. She may be older now, but she still has impressively quick hands.

Pricetag
8/7/2014, 12:43 PM
Has it been proven that the girl had to have surgery?

HToady
8/7/2014, 01:02 PM
And my mom's fly swatter (wire and blue plastic, purchased in St. Louis in 1960) hangs to this day on the back of her kitchen door; ready for the time a third generation of small miscreants need an attitude adjustment. She may be older now, but she still has impressively quick hands.

We Italians NEVER punch our women. We use the belt.

Curly Bill
8/7/2014, 01:19 PM
We Italians NEVER punch our women. We use the belt.

Kinky!

8/7/2014, 01:40 PM
Has it been proven that the girl had to have surgery?This has been of interest to me, too.

Curly Bill
8/7/2014, 01:45 PM
Regardless of whether this girl had surgery or was in anyway harmed, Joe should set out the year so the media doesn't talk bad about us, and he can get his knitting and baking skills in proper order.

KantoSooner
8/7/2014, 01:46 PM

Well, she said she was going to need surgery....and who wouldn't take the word of such a solid citizen?

Curly Bill
8/7/2014, 01:48 PM
Well, she said she was going to need surgery....and who wouldn't take the word of such a solid citizen?

Hell, she should probably be our next Secretary of State, but she doesn't like black guys so Obammy and Holder would never go for it.

CK Sooner
8/7/2014, 01:54 PM
Hehe. Good, ck. Your comprehension needs work. Read thru the first few pages. Witnesses report stuff. Now we have the internet. I never said it was true. But some of u guys are telling me the only way he could have handled it was to sock her in the face? Classy, just like molitor.

Insulting comprehension while misspelling words...lol. Let me try this again.

If she punched him and spit on him, and THEN he hit her back once then it is lawful if he didn't completely take it to far. Again you can't get past the "its a girl" part of this. He could of handled it differently by grabbing her or pushing her away. In both of those situations she still could of possibly continued punching him.

CK Sooner
8/7/2014, 01:57 PM

No

when I got my scholarship I didn't think about losing it. It didn't seem like a big deal. But mixon is part of the future of what we want to enjoy over the next 4 years. I happen to think he could have talked to Mr. Pickelman and had the chick removed while telling her what a hydrocodone whore she was. People on here think it's warranted he smashed her face in. I haven't been on the story from day one, just read this thread and react to what I see.

Like Vet said, what are the chances of the owner being at the restaurant at 2am? Use your brain. Yes," Mr. Pickelman there is a girl spitting and hitting me in my face behind me"...I am sure that would have worked.

Also, smashed her face in? Man you are so out of the loop.

CK Sooner
8/7/2014, 01:59 PM

No

Regardless of whether this girl had surgery or was in anyway harmed, Joe should set out the year so the media doesn't talk bad about us, and he can get his knitting and baking skills in proper order.

This is the most idiotic thing I have heard people try to say about this situation.

I always thought never hit a girl meant don't instigate with a girl into fighting and never punch a girl first. I don't think that matters though, because like you said, things have changed a lot.

BoulderSooner79
8/7/2014, 02:23 PM
No

This is the most idiotic thing I have heard people try to say about this situation.

I always thought never hit a girl meant don't instigate with a girl into fighting and never punch a girl first. I don't think that matters though, because like you said, things have changed a lot.

I don't understand why you are so hostile about peoples opinions. Do you think they will sway Stoops in some way?

EatLeadCommie
8/7/2014, 02:26 PM

lol. Didn't ESPN suspend Stephen A. Smith for saying what most people on this thread are saying?

Curly Bill
8/7/2014, 02:29 PM
lol. Didn't ESPN suspend Stephen A. Smith for saying what most people on this thread are saying?

Well...that and he didn't talk enough about, and with enough reverence for their poster boy Johnny Manziel.

CK Sooner
8/7/2014, 03:02 PM
I don't understand why you are so hostile about peoples opinions. Do you think they will sway Stoops in some way?

Disagreeing and giving a counter point is not being hostile. Why would I think writing on this thread would sway Stoops? You've mentioned that twice in this thread. Makes no sense.

BoulderSooner79
8/7/2014, 03:14 PM
Disagreeing and giving a counter point is not being hostile. Why would I think writing on this thread would sway Stoops? You've mentioned that twice in this thread. Makes no sense.

Just using terms like "idiotic things people say" gives a more hostile vibe than just disagreeing. Not just your post, but several others seemed have turned a bit snarky lately. Maybe a good study for a psych student to use for a paper. I think the lack of new or definitive information has people ready to just get it over with.

birddog
8/7/2014, 03:14 PM
You've been on this story since day one but I haven't seen anything that puts the puzzle in their place regarding this story. Whatcha got ck, you stalking people then realizing that its a pretty cut n dry incident?

CK Sooner
8/7/2014, 03:17 PM
Just using terms like "idiotic things people say" gives a more hostile vibe than just disagreeing. Not just your post, but several others seemed have turned a bit snarky lately. Maybe a good study for a psych student to use for a paper. I think the lack of new or definitive information has people ready to just get it over with.

Understandable.

CK Sooner
8/7/2014, 03:19 PM
You've been on this story since day one but I haven't seen anything that puts the puzzle in their place regarding this story. Whatcha got ck, you stalking people then realizing that its a pretty cut n dry incident?

I just know this will at most be a misdemeanor crime that will be punished by a 0-4 game suspension. Just disagreeing with what he did is such a horrible thing.

I will come eat crow if its a felony, or longer than a 4 game suspension, but it's not happening.

birddog
8/7/2014, 03:19 PM
Insulting comprehension while misspelling words...lol. Let me try this again.

If she punched him and spit on him, and THEN he hit her back once then it is lawful if he didn't completely take it to far. Again you can't get past the "its a girl" part of this. He could of handled it differently by grabbing her or pushing her away. In both of those situations she still could of possibly continued punching him.
Nah, no misspellings. You're just reaching. Give us the facts on the story since you've been all over this story since day one, for whatever reason.

birddog
8/7/2014, 03:21 PM
And it's been decided it will be either no punishment or 4 games?

CK Sooner
8/7/2014, 03:22 PM

Nah, no misspellings. You're just reaching. Give us the facts on the story since you've been all over this story since day one, for whatever reason.

So you don't know the story people are telling? There have been multiple people that have given out really pin point information in the past that all have pretty much the same story. Is this really what happened? Probably, but there is a small chance that something else entirely happened.

So you have been giving your opinion on this over and over again not even knowing the story? lol, figures.

birddog
8/7/2014, 03:24 PM
Good. Thanks for the updates. Ready for it to be official that mixon did nothing wrong. With no manager at pickelmans I can now understand why he went violent on a girl.

CK Sooner
8/7/2014, 03:25 PM
And it's been decided it will be either no punishment or 4 games?

According to the story that is out there with multiple reputable sources, yes. There is nothing there that warrants a felony, nor warrants over a 4 game suspension.

birddog
8/7/2014, 03:26 PM
So you don't know the story people are telling? There have been multiple people that have given out really pin point information in the past that all have pretty much the same story. Is this really what happened? Probably, but there is a small chance that something else entirely happened.

So you have been giving your opinion on this over and over again not even knowing the story? lol, figures.

yeah. Lots of opinions on how it could be handled. Used to like your posts but now you just sound like a fool

CK Sooner
8/7/2014, 03:29 PM
yeah. Lots of opinions on how it could be handled. Used to like your posts but now you just sound like a fool

No, the law is the law. There is no opinion about that. I am basing the 4 game suspension on Bob's past decisions and other decisions with similar events around the college football world. You see I am actually making an educated opinion on what I have heard. You are just making your opinion about the alleged assailant being a girl and also an unrealistic PR view.

Sorry you feel that way about my posts. I still enjoy your input, even if I strongly disagree.

birddog
8/7/2014, 03:34 PM
Yeah, I'm discussing ethics. I'm talking about how to handle a hydrocodone whore. You tell the dude in charge that this chick needs to leave your establishment. Why do u insist to make so nuch more our of it?

Jason White's Third Knee
8/7/2014, 03:36 PM
Good. Thanks for the updates. Ready for it to be official that mixon did nothing wrong. With no manager at pickelmans I can now understand why he went violent on a girl.

It would appear that he went violent on a person that went violent on him. That's self defense. Toss in the "N" word and spitting and now you have a hate crime that he was thwarting. It could look almost noble, depending on her actions, however unlikely.

CK Sooner
8/7/2014, 03:37 PM
Yeah, I'm discussing ethics. I'm talking about how to handle a hydrocodone whore. You tell the dude in charge that this chick needs to leave your establishment. Why do u insist to make so nuch more our of it?
Are you talking about before or after he was assaulted? If before...then I agree with you.

SoonerMarkVA
8/7/2014, 03:53 PM
I'll only say, if he punched her so hard she actually needed surgery, then the response was excessive. That's a serious punch. And it doesn't matter to me what her gender was. If she'd been a smaller guy, it'd be the same thing.

Was he justified in responding (assuming the story is as we're alleging here)? Yup. And it's understandable in the heat of the moment that he reacted so forcefully, but ideally he should have had more restraint.

I'll say it again: nothing good happens after midnight. He's learning a hard lesson.

BoulderSooner79
8/7/2014, 04:08 PM
It would appear that he went violent on a person that went violent on him. That's self defense. Toss in the "N" word and spitting and now you have a hate crime that he was thwarting. It could look almost noble, depending on her actions, however unlikely.

I'm not making predictions in general since the public information is muddy. But I'd bet real money that "noble" won't be used to describe the incident unless you include opinions of personal enemies of the woman involved.

EatLeadCommie
8/7/2014, 04:34 PM
I'll only say, if he punched her so hard she actually needed surgery, then the response was excessive. That's a serious punch. And it doesn't matter to me what her gender was. If she'd been a smaller guy, it'd be the same thing.

Was he justified in responding (assuming the story is as we're alleging here)? Yup. And it's understandable in the heat of the moment that he reacted so forcefully, but ideally he should have had more restraint.

I'll say it again: nothing good happens after midnight. He's learning a hard lesson.

If I had listened to my parents with that little nugget of wisdom, I would've been a virgin into my 40s.

8/7/2014, 04:47 PM
If I had listened to my parents with that little nugget of wisdom, I would've been a virgin into my 40s.the artificialities are played out, the booze wearing down the gamesmanship, and the resistances. The time is running out, and the moves are made.

Wishboned
8/7/2014, 04:49 PM
If I had listened to my parents with that little nugget of wisdom, I would've been a virgin into my 40s.

A 2 at 10, is a 10 at 2.

KantoSooner
8/7/2014, 04:57 PM
Alternatively, it was adviseable to be gone before closing time at bars in China when I worked there. By 2 a.m., the hookers really were not prone to taking 'not interested' for an answer.

BoulderSooner79
8/7/2014, 05:11 PM
Alternatively, it was adviseable to be gone before closing time at bars in China when I worked there. By 2 a.m., the hookers really were not prone to taking 'not interested' for an answer.

A friend of mine was on a business trip to China and hit a variant of this. He was checking into his hotel and the desk clerk said "message?" in a thick accent. He thought she was going to check to see if he had any messages and he was perplexed when she didn't seem to follow-up. Well, she was really asking if he wanted a "massage". A women shows up at his room insisting to give him a massage (with happy ending I suspect) and wasn't very interested in his explanation that it was a mistake. Her pimp then showed himself and he wasn't interested either. My friend paid a bit of extortion money to get them to leave.

EatLeadCommie
8/7/2014, 05:31 PM
A 2 at 10, is a 10 at 2.

Confucius say, "A hole is a hole."

birddog
8/7/2014, 05:55 PM
Dbl

birddog
8/7/2014, 05:57 PM
Are you talking about before or after he was assaulted? If before...then I agree with you.

Yeah, when he raised his arms to signal he wanted no part of what she was up to he could have brought it to the attention of pickelman and co that there's a crazed psycho in the house and it'd be cool if they could call the police or just tell her to get the hell out and toss her. Just sayin it didn't have to escalate to that point. Don't have a hard on for mixon, just want to see what he can offer on the field. If its 0-4 games, coo. We're loaded in the backfield so I think they'll manage just fine.

cvsooner
8/7/2014, 06:19 PM
Guerin Emig at the Tulsa World just tweeted Norman PD said investigation will likely go into next week.

cvsooner
8/7/2014, 06:56 PM
More from the DOK:

"The investigation into the July 26 incident near Oklahoma’s campus involving Sooners’ freshman running back Joe Mixon continues.

"Norman Police said it is still interviewing people in connection with the incident, in which Mixon is alleged to have hit 20-year-old OU student Amelia Rae Molitor.

"While police could turn over its findings to the Cleveland County District Attorney earlier, it’s likely the investigation stretches into at least next week.

"Mixon, who was celebrating his 18th birthday at the time of the incident, has not participated in practice for the Sooners.

"Molitor alleged Mixon hit her in an early morning altercation at Pickleman’s Gourmet Cafe.

"“He punched me one time,” Molitor told The Oklahoman the next day. “He broke my face in four places... my nose, my sinuses... they’re broken.”

"Through his attorney, Kevin Finlay, Mixon claims he acted in self-defense.

"Finlay said Mixon “instinctually defended himself against further harm” in the incident.

"Norman Police said last week that it would likely be late this week at the earliest before a decision on whether or not charges would be filed. Police stressed it would be thorough in its investigation and wasn’t working on a specific timetable."

EatLeadCommie
8/7/2014, 07:21 PM
Good grief. Not sure what to read into this taking so long, but my take is that if it were that cut and dry, he would be charged by now. Since he is high profile, they want to dot every I and cross every T if they're going to decline charges on the matter. The criticism of the Winston investigation from last year makes them very cautious.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/7/2014, 09:29 PM

I'm not making predictions in general since the public information is muddy. But I'd bet real money that "noble" won't be used to describe the incident unless you include opinions of personal enemies of the woman involved.

Yeah. Unlikely. Just saying, if she dropped enough recorded N bombs and poked him in the head a few times, we have a different ballgame. Did he eyeball her, load up, and drop her? Also unlikely. It may have been more reflexive.

The N bombs can turn this totally upside down if audio was recorded.

JLEW1818
8/7/2014, 10:20 PM
Ray Rice was only suspended two NFL games for beating his wife.

Greg oden just punched is ex in the face.

Donald Sterling said legal words on a hidden recorder and banned from the NBA for life.

nighttrain12
8/7/2014, 10:25 PM
A 2 at 10, is a 10 at 2.

"All The Girls Get Prettier At Closin' Time"

Jason White's Third Knee
8/8/2014, 07:43 AM
Ray Rice was only suspended two NFL games for beating his wife.

Greg oden just punched is ex in the face.

Donald Sterling said legal words on a hidden recorder and banned from the NBA for life.

Eggs-actly. It's pretty damned odd. Stick and stones?

Soonerjeepman
8/8/2014, 11:45 AM
from what I read, WEEKS ago...

Mixon and his buds were giving the girl's gay friend (a guy) a hard time as they went in...well, not a HARD time, but you get my drift...

I'd say unfortunately if the "hate" bs come up they will attack Mixon as well..."hating" gays.

Honestly both were wrong..no one knows limits anymore. She should be arrested for assault, and Mixon should have walked away, or called the manager.

* on a side note, I thought some folks' hands are or can be registered as "weapons" or is that just myth? lol. If this is the case, Mixon used excessive force. Before you label me some liberal panzie, go to the political board...or ask 8th lol.

EatLeadCommie
8/8/2014, 01:47 PM
I could easily see a scenario whereby the group Mixon was in starting ribbing the gay guy, maybe even calling him a "f----t," which led to Drunky Miss Drunkypants giving Mixon grief and leading to her saying something like, "How would you like it if I called you a n****r?" (hence the allegations that she called him that) to make some kind of really dumb point. But her physicality would be unnecessary, and if she did get physical, she probably did so under the assumption that she was a girl and he wouldn't hit back. Oops. Don't act like a dumb [insert profane name of your choice here] and you won't get popped.

Note: This is said under the assumption that what has been reported to be in the video here and elsewhere is actually what happened.

KantoSooner
8/8/2014, 02:00 PM
One thing that hasn't had nearly enough attention, in my opinion, is the concatenation of two facts.
First, that Ms. Molitor was 'significantly inebriated' according to witnesses and in fact said she had to have critical details of the event recounted to her by friends as she couldn't remember them.
Second, she's 20 years old.

Sooooo, that's one more little legal difficulty for our heroine (yes, I know, she prefers more refined opiates). Wonder where she got the alkiehaul on board? Perhaps at a local establishment using an alternative fake I.D. (alternative to the one Norman PD had previously confiscated from her).

SoonerorLater
8/8/2014, 03:01 PM
from what I read, WEEKS ago...

Mixon and his buds were giving the girl's gay friend (a guy) a hard time as they went in...well, not a HARD time, but you get my drift...

I'd say unfortunately if the "hate" bs come up they will attack Mixon as well..."hating" gays.

Honestly both were wrong..no one knows limits anymore. She should be arrested for assault, and Mixon should have walked away, or called the manager.

* on a side note, I thought some folks' hands are or can be registered as "weapons" or is that just myth? lol. If this is the case, Mixon used excessive force. Before you label me some liberal panzie, go to the political board...or ask 8th lol.

I'm not sure about the hands "registered as weapons" thing. He's a freshman RB, not Chuck Norris.

Soonerjeepman
8/8/2014, 03:22 PM
I'm not sure about the hands "registered as weapons" thing. He's a freshman RB, not Chuck Norris.

I understand that....he's still a heck of a lot stronger than an lot folks...older, younger, same age. Again, I'm just being devil's advocate here...I'm sure he'd kick the $hit out of me and I'm 6'1 220.

Good point about the 20 yr old being drunk...and having alcohol under age.

KantoSooner
8/8/2014, 03:31 PM
I know that pro boxers used to register their hands as lethal weapons back in the 1950's...but I was never sure whether it was a legal requirement or more of a promotional gimmick that their managers had come up with.
I mean, people were travelling all the time with pistols in their possession and nobody was making first stops at the PD to register them and almost any pistol is way more lethal than anyone's hands.

stoopified
8/8/2014, 04:13 PM
Keith Ford is tha schizzznit. Always thot that. Sue me! :cool: Ford? Who he? Who he hit? :)

Soonerus
8/8/2014, 05:27 PM
I think the longer this goes the better it is for Mixon playing pretty soon...

Wishboned
8/8/2014, 05:55 PM
Dean Blevins made the statement that Mixon would never play a down at Oklahoma.

So I'm pretty sure that means a record setting Heisman season for the kid.

Soonerus
8/8/2014, 06:19 PM
Heisman as a freshman..

8/8/2014, 06:37 PM
Dean Blevins made the statement that Mixon would never play a down at Oklahoma.

WTF would get into the head of anyone to come up with such an outrageous pronouncement?

cvsooner
8/8/2014, 06:53 PM
Dean-o was thinking about most of his own career as a Sooner.

8/8/2014, 06:55 PM
Dean-o was thinking about most of his own career as a Sooner.He had some human plumbing problems of some sort, didn't he?

Wishboned
8/8/2014, 07:06 PM
WTF would get into the head of anyone to come up with such an outrageous pronouncement?

Much like his football career he's throwing crap against the wall and hoping it sticks. I don't know what's worse, his college completion percentage, or his commentating predictions percentage.

cvsooner
8/8/2014, 07:13 PM
He had some human plumbing problems of some sort, didn't he?

That was the story. The main thing that happened to his career was Thomas Lott was a better QB. Though to be fair to Dean, he made a couple of key throws in a win over Nebraska and the win over Ohio State. That's about it though...Lacoltan Bester had a better QB career at OU than Dean did.

I suppose Dean could say he has played more downs than Joe Mixon at this point. Heck, he could make that statement about me too, and also be accurate.

Full disclosure: I had journalism classes with Dean. He was a first class dick.

8/8/2014, 07:19 PM
That was the story. The main thing that happened to his career was Thomas Lott was a better QB. Though to be fair to Dean, he made a couple of key throws in a win over Nebraska and the win over Ohio State. That's about it though...Lacoltan Bester had a better QB career at OU than Dean did.

I suppose Dean could say he has played more downs than Joe Mixon at this point. Heck, he could make that statement about me too, and also be accurate.

Full disclosure: I had journalism classes with Dean. He was a first class dick.I know he played a little bit. What I remember about him was that the women thought he was hot(Dean the Dream), and there was a bodily malfunction of some kind that had to do with his private parts. I don't remember any specifics.

Wishboned
8/8/2014, 07:22 PM

And he clearly didn't learn anything from those classes.

ouwasp
8/8/2014, 09:30 PM

I wonder if Dean is doing his own form of fishing; tossing that bit of dynamite in the drink hoping to cause a statement to be issued?

8timechamps
8/8/2014, 10:09 PM

It's not beyond reason to think he may leave OU. However, for a person in the public eye to speculate like that is nuts.

8/8/2014, 11:54 PM
It's not beyond reason to think he may leave OU. However, for a person(Dean the Dream) in the public eye to speculate like that is nuts.Of course it's not unreasonable to think he MIGHT leave, but to actually and aggressively predict it, is a hostile or stupid move, fitting a person who doesn't wish OU well.

King Crimson
8/9/2014, 09:37 AM

all of this is true. against Ohio State, Jay Jimerson comes off the bench to replace Lott. Dean is #3 on the depth chart. i used to work at a golf course where Dean played sometimes, and he's a fool. he does make a nice throw to the super awesome Steve Rhodes on the hook and lateral and Peacock score at Nebraska.

anyway, all of this seems like a supernova of stupidity with Mixon and the girl.

CK Sooner
8/9/2014, 11:51 AM
Mixon on sideline during scrimmage today with cleats in hand intently watching O-line

CK Sooner
8/9/2014, 11:51 AM
Per Will Sunderland (recruit)

https://twitter.com/kp_projectt

Curly Bill
8/9/2014, 12:06 PM
Mixon on sideline during scrimmage today with cleats in hand intently watching O-line

I thought he was supposed to be hidden away baking cookies and knitting?

Oh wait, that was just the lame suggestion by one of our resident handwringers.

SoonerorLater
8/9/2014, 12:30 PM
I thought he was supposed to be hidden away baking cookies and knitting?

Oh wait, that was just the lame suggestion by one of our resident handwringers.

Yes he needs to go somewhere(?) and get his life in order. This obviously can't be done while playing football at OU. His two-a-days need to consist of Oprah in the morning and Dr. Phil in the evening.

Curly Bill
8/9/2014, 01:43 PM
He may or may not have smacked some piece of trash that it seems needed smacking. Give him a medal and a football uniform and put his a** on the practice field.

...and I couldn't give a good goshdamn what the media or the handwringers think about it about it!!!!!

olevetonahill
8/9/2014, 01:50 PM
He may or may not have smacked some piece of trash that it seems needed smacking. Give him a medal and a football uniform and put his a** on the practice field.

...and I couldn't give a good goshdamn what the media or the handwringers think about it about it!!!!!

Agreed

King Crimson
8/9/2014, 02:00 PM
right, because it's important to form opinions and make decisions on what may or may not seemed to happen. :texan:

i'mma trust the coaches and David Boren on this one. more than any of us, they have their *** in the PR sling that is contemporary university politics and media BS world. one 5 star RB isn't going to make or break OU football.

i hope Mixon has a great career for us....but if not, so be it.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/11/2014, 05:01 PM
Dean-o was thinking about most of his own career as a Sooner.

Someone should post the audio of the call from Al to Dean while he was still hopped up on pain meds after his latest facelift and urinated into a toilet while he was talking to Al on the phone over the radio...

olevetonahill
8/11/2014, 09:06 PM
Someone should post the audio of the call from Al to Dean while he was still hopped up on pain meds after his latest facelift and urinated into a toilet while he was talking to Al on the phone over the radio...

This?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqAIN5zX4jA

birddog
8/11/2014, 09:46 PM
That's friggin hilarious

TheHumanAlphabet
8/12/2014, 09:38 AM
This?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqAIN5zX4jA

Yep... :)

KantoSooner
8/12/2014, 09:42 AM
Kind of like clubbing baby seals.

SoonerSeattle
8/12/2014, 10:46 AM
http://manrepeller.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/stop_clubbing_baby_seals1.jpg

cvsooner
8/14/2014, 12:42 PM
Norman PD is interviewing (finally) the alleged victim today? Today, now? The episode happened July 25...

http://newsok.com/ou-football-norman-police-close-to-finishing-investigation-into-joe-mixon-incident/article/5210974

Well, at least, hopefully, NPD says it will forward its investigation to the DA by the end of the week. It's not specified which week that is, though.

SMH.

SoonerMarkVA
8/14/2014, 01:06 PM
It's like they're enjoying toying with University. *sigh*.

Sooner in Tampa
8/14/2014, 01:10 PM
Jesus, Mary, and Joseph...it takes 3 friggin weeks to interview the alleged victim? With all of the dirt dug up on her past, how much can she actually remember from something that happened 3 weeks ago?

Oy Vey

BoulderSooner79
8/14/2014, 01:14 PM
This seems unfair to Mixon. Every account of the story agrees the woman was very intoxicated. So I doubt she could remember much the next day, let alone 3 weeks later. All they can get from her is the story she has been rehearsing with her attorney for 3 weeks. I assume the DA will weight her story accordingly.

CK Sooner
8/14/2014, 02:48 PM
Most of the suspension he will be given should be offset by time served during his long current suspension.

EatLeadCommie
8/14/2014, 03:06 PM
Didn't she skip town? That might explain why they're only interviewing her now.

Mixon has his friends and she has her one friend. The video will tell the truth so there really isn't much wiggle room for fibbing to the police here. I doubt anybody there outside of those groups saw much of anything except the aftermath. Hopefully, all this nonsense will be cleared up soon.

BoulderSooner79
8/14/2014, 03:18 PM

Mixon has his friends and she has her one friend. The video will tell the truth so there really isn't much wiggle room for fibbing to the police here. I doubt anybody there outside of those groups saw much of anything except the aftermath. Hopefully, all this nonsense will be cleared up soon.

Most security video does not have sound and much of this case will revolve around the N-word and F-word. But as you say, there are plenty of witnesses to hone in on the truth. Someone on another board mentioned that when this gets revolved by the police/DA, it will then go into the title IX process since the drunk chick was another student.

Phil
8/14/2014, 04:16 PM
Someone on another board mentioned that when this gets revolved by the police/DA, it will then go into the title IX process since the drunk chick was another student.

No, it won't. That's only in sexual assault/rape type cases.

Wishboned
8/14/2014, 04:18 PM

She actually made a court appearance on the 6th with regards to her violating probation in her misdemeanor case. They could have snagged her then.

BoulderSooner79
8/14/2014, 04:48 PM
No, it won't. That's only in sexual assault/rape type cases.

Right! Should have thought of that.

Sooner91ATL
8/14/2014, 08:14 PM
Methinks that the outcome of the charges are irrelevant at this point for Mixon's prospects of playing this season to any meaningful extent. No player who misses 3-4 weeks of practice to start the season will ever catch up enough to see the field under Bob Stoops. Not unless this guy is the second coming of Billy or Adrian. Even then, I would predict midseason appearance at earliest. Stoops always goes with who has practiced...after a month of fall camp, the other backs have to be way ahead in assignments, including blocking, and physical readiness.

olevetonahill
8/14/2014, 08:45 PM
Methinks that the outcome of the charges are irrelevant at this point for Mixon's prospects of playing this season to any meaningful extent. No player who misses 3-4 weeks of practice to start the season will ever catch up enough to see the field under Bob Stoops. Not unless this guy is the second coming of Billy or Adrian. Even then, I would predict midseason appearance at earliest. Stoops always goes with who has practiced...after a month of fall camp, the other backs have to be way ahead in assignments, including blocking, and physical readiness.

Yea I figure he will Red shirt this year.

WA. Sooner
8/15/2014, 12:29 AM
wont play untill 10-11

CK Sooner
8/15/2014, 02:02 AM
#freemixon

Wishboned
8/15/2014, 11:13 AM
Charges could be filed today.

http://www.koco.com/news/police-charges-in-norman-assault-involving-joe-mixon-could-come-on-friday/27507032#!bDZbEH

BoulderSooner79
8/15/2014, 12:04 PM

http://www.koco.com/news/police-charges-in-norman-assault-involving-joe-mixon-could-come-on-friday/27507032#!bDZbEH

I guarantee charges will be filed "today".

Sooner in Tampa
8/15/2014, 12:07 PM

That may be the most worthless article in the history of journalism...it does not add ONE single new thing to what everybody already knows...

Pure Hot Garbage!!!

cherokeebrewer
8/15/2014, 12:24 PM
Did you guys know charges 'could be filed' today?

TheHumanAlphabet
8/15/2014, 01:01 PM
I guarantee charges will be filed "today".

Are you saying that from "inside" information or a gut feeling...

Phil
8/15/2014, 02:33 PM
Misdemeanor charge for Mixon. Chick gets no charge.

BoulderSooner79
8/15/2014, 02:35 PM
Are you saying that from "inside" information or a gut feeling...

No, I'm just saying whenever that day gets here, we'll be calling it "today".

Wishboned
8/15/2014, 02:37 PM
Misdemeanor charge for Mixon. Chick gets no charge.

No justice. No peace.

Phil
8/15/2014, 02:48 PM

It's today.

Phil
8/15/2014, 02:52 PM
http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/GetCaseInformation.asp?submitted=true&viewtype=caseGeneral&casemasterID=2180708&db=Cleveland

BoulderSooner79
8/15/2014, 02:55 PM

It's today.

I knew it!

:frog:

EatLeadCommie
8/15/2014, 03:13 PM
what's the misdemeanor? it doesn't say

nighttrain12
8/15/2014, 03:19 PM
http://newsok.com/oklahoma-football-joe-mixon-case-wont-be-resolved-quickly/article/5215724

Its funny that Jenni Carlson has 1 of her typical sanctimonious columns out today about how this case won't be decided (for charges) any time soon and soon thereafter, it was.

nighttrain12
8/15/2014, 03:19 PM
http://newsok.com/ou-freshman-rb-joe-mixon-to-be-charged-with-one-misdemeanor-count/article/5232267

The Oklahoman has confirmed that the Cleveland County District Attorney will charge Mixon with one misdemeanor count of an act resulting in gross injury. The charge is generally referred to as outraging public decency.

cvsooner
8/15/2014, 03:20 PM
what's the misdemeanor? it doesn't say

Disturbing the peace. Technically, 'grossly disturbing the peace' or 'public indecency.' Basically, I'm assuming, when he responded with the punch, his response was out of proportion for the circumstances.

This is kind of a 'meh' charge. No big deal, as long as he keeps himself out of trouble he'll be fine. Probably a bunch of stadium steps. Which he may already have done.

EatLeadCommie
8/15/2014, 03:23 PM
http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=68956

Every person who willfully and wrongfully commits any act which grossly injures the person or property of another, or which grossly disturbs the public peace or health, or which openly outrages public decency, including but not limited to urination in a public place, and is injurious to public morals, although no punishment is expressly prescribed therefor by this code, is guilty of a misdemeanor.

In other words, it's the same as taking a leak behind a building. I hope he gets to play.

Curly Bill
8/15/2014, 03:23 PM
I guess that's the charge you go with when you don't have a charge called:

Putting a Nasty Skank In Her Place?

birddog
8/15/2014, 03:24 PM
Saweet. Sure beats gettin acid thrown in your face. Season on!

EatLeadCommie
8/15/2014, 03:26 PM
No punishment, no fine. He'll plea out and the case will be behind him while dufus girl tries to figure out how she can sue a kid who hasn't made NFL millions yet for something that she apparently instigated. And judging from the symbolism of the charges, the cops are basically saying, "Nothing to see here because she did, in fact, instigate it." I suspect the Norman PD issues about 20-25 outraging public decency citations on any given weekend.

cvsooner
8/15/2014, 03:29 PM
Edited because: Whoops, someone beat me to it on the language. Sorry about that.

Here's the actual legal statute: "Every person who willfully and wrongfully commits any act which grossly injures the person or property of another, or which grossly disturbs the public peace or health, or which openly outrages public decency, including but not limited to urination in a public place, and is injurious to public morals, although no punishment is expressly prescribed therefor by this code, is guilty of a misdemeanor."

So, basically, Joe lost his cool and responded too harshly.

cvsooner
8/15/2014, 03:29 PM
There probably will be a fine. I believe and am informed the local fine is $275 to $375.

BoulderSooner79
8/15/2014, 03:40 PM
So, basically, Joe lost his cool and responded too harshly.

Which about 90% of us called out the day after it happened.

It cost Mixon fall camp; we'll now see if Stoops adds on team punishment.

REDREX
8/15/2014, 03:42 PM
Stoops will do what Boren tells him to do

nighttrain12
8/15/2014, 03:44 PM
https://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1670557

Her height and weight are listed at 5-foot-6, 130 pounds, and Mixon's height and weight are listed at 6-foot-2, 210 pounds.

Molitor told officers that the altercation stemmed from the use of a homosexual slur directed toward her friend by Mixon. He lunged at her aggressively leading with his head and right fist.

Molitor reacted by slapping Mixon with an open right hand around his left ear. Mixon then hit Molitor on the left side of her face, "knocking her into a table top and then to the ground where she laid motionless." Mixon then fled the scene.

Mashburn said he looked into charges of assault and battery against Mixon as well as assault and battery against both parties and even mutual combat, which would have led to no charges being filed.

But the Norman police's investigation and Mashburn's own understanding led him to a different conclusion.

"You can't look past the injuries to Ms. Molitor," Mashburn said. "You can't look past that it is a guy and a girl.

nighttrain12
8/15/2014, 03:52 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11358699/rb-joe-mixon-oklahoma-sooners-charged-misdemeanor

Oklahoma freshman running back Joe Mixon was charged Friday with a misdemeanor stemming from an alleged incident in which he was accused of punching a woman in the face.

According to the Cleveland Country district attorney's office, the penalty for an act resulting in gross injury could be up to one year in jail if convicted.

EatLeadCommie
8/15/2014, 04:00 PM
Really, really want to see the video now.

cvsooner
8/15/2014, 04:08 PM
DA confirms if convicted of the charge Mixon could face up one year in jail and/or up to a $500 fine.

Wishboned
8/15/2014, 04:22 PM
"You can't look past the injuries to Ms. Molitor," Mashburn said. "You can't look past that it is a guy and a girl.

Nice to know it's open season to assault a man if you're a woman.

olevetonahill
8/15/2014, 04:23 PM
I guess that's the charge you go with when you don't have a charge called:

Putting a Nasty Skank In Her Place?

heh.

nighttrain12
8/15/2014, 04:26 PM

It's been that way since the days of Adam & Eve (not Steve though).

EatLeadCommie
8/15/2014, 04:39 PM

Yeah, I think him throwing that in there is a bit of bunk, and could possibly influence an attorney to have the charges dismissed. The disproportionate way the injuries were inflicted may be a viable reason to not dismiss it entirely, but one has the right to self-defense.

The problem is a lot of folks on juries will be inclined to agree with the prosecutor no matter what the circumstance.

BoulderSooner79
8/15/2014, 04:43 PM

Except the account given by Molitor has Mixon starting it. That's no surprise, but the DA filed charges on that story, so I must assume that the video + witnesses backed it up. And no mention of any racial slur as was rumored. So if this is all indeed fact, no way to call it open season for assault on some innocent dude by a woman.

EatLeadCommie
8/15/2014, 04:48 PM
Copy of the charging doc http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24662472/report-oklahoma-rb-joe-mixon-charged-with-misdemeanor-in-july-incident

It does not cite any witness support for her story. It only says there was a verbal altercation followed by a physical one. The video says she took issue with him insulting her gay friend, confronted him verbally, and pushed him. He responded with a lunge (it sounds like the thing you do to get somebody to flinch or, in this case, to back the hell off). She slapped him in response, and he decked her. It should be noted that at no time does the document indicate that he threw his hands up as if to say, "Who, crazy lady! Back off!" Aggression sounds like it was met with aggression.

Wishboned
8/15/2014, 04:52 PM
Except the account given by Molitor has Mixon starting it. That's no surprise, but the DA filed charges on that story, so I must assume that the video + witnesses backed it up. And no mention of any racial slur as was rumored. So if this is all indeed fact, no way to call it open season for assault on some innocent dude by a woman.

According to the affidavit the only one to claim the use of slurs was Molitor. The witnesses only claimed that a verbal altercation was occuring. The video showed Molitor shoving Mixon. Mixon responding in an aggressive manner by lunging at Molitor. Molitor slapping Mixon. The Mixon striking Molitor knocking her into a tabletop.

Combine the fact that she was inebriated, and by her own admission doesn't remember anything after entering Pickleman's, then I wouldn't trust any statements she made.

Curly Bill
8/15/2014, 04:54 PM
According to the affidavit the only one to claim the use of slurs was Molitor. The witnesses only claimed that a verbal altercation was occuring. The video showed Molitor shoving Mixon. Mixon responding in an aggressive manner by lunging at Molitor. Molitor slapping Mixon. The Mixon striking Molitor knocking her into a tabletop.

Combine the fact that she was inebriated, and by her own admission doesn't remember anything after entering Pickleman's, then I wouldn't trust any statements she made.

But she's a chick, and according to the handwringers she gets the benefit of the doubt based solely on that.

swardboy
8/15/2014, 05:05 PM
Any word yet on discipline from Stoops?

BoulderSooner79
8/15/2014, 05:07 PM

I'm just going by Mashburn's statement. I haven't seen any video or talked to any witnesses. Almost all early accounts had both racial and gay slurs thrown about. Mashburn mentioned the gay slur and attributed it directly to Mixon - that's the first time I read that statement. I don't trust anything the chick said and I would hope the DA wouldn't either, but he has access to all the real evidence available and has to stand behind it in court. I'm not saying I agree with the charges - just saying *if* Mixon threw out the first provocative slur, he is not an innocent victim of assault.