PDA

View Full Version : old beer commercials that need to be brought back

usmc-sooner
8/12/2004, 12:59 PM
Pabst = I've got Pabst blue ribbon on my mind

Miller = Less filling!!! Taste Great!!!!

Miller = Here's to good friends tonight is kinda special...................if you got the time we got the beer Miller beer.

Petro-Sooner
8/12/2004, 01:04 PM
I like the last one.

GDC
8/12/2004, 01:07 PM
the old, old, old Olympia beer commercials with the bears

Boarder
8/12/2004, 01:08 PM
Hey, Johnson!

You can call me Ray, you can call me Jay, but you doesn'ts has to call me Johnson!

Anyone remember that one?

Paperclip
8/12/2004, 01:08 PM
Miller = Here's to good friends tonight is kinda special...................if you got the time we got the beer Miller beer.

You've combined two different ones here. The first part of that is actually a Lowenbrau commercial. Here's to good friends, tonight is kinda special...tonight let it be Lowenbrau.

Paperclip
8/12/2004, 01:09 PM
When it's time to relax one beer stands clear (beer after beer). If you've got the time, we've got the beer.

usmc-sooner
8/12/2004, 01:10 PM
You've combined two different ones here. The first part of that is actually a Lowenbrau commercial. Here's to good friends, tonight is kinda special...tonight let it be Lowenbrau.

woops

well I was way under drinking age back then I just liked the jingle. I knew it didn't sound quite right.

Boarder
8/12/2004, 01:10 PM
the beer we'll pour, must say something more, somehow. So toniiiiiight, let it be Lowenbrau.

I've never had a Lowenbrau. I think I'll try one next time I'm out to dinner.

King Crimson
8/12/2004, 01:11 PM
the one's with Leon Redbone.

Paperclip
8/12/2004, 01:12 PM
woops

well I was way under drinking age back then

Me too. I'm just blessed (cursed?) with a memory for that kind of thing.

King Crimson
8/12/2004, 01:12 PM
or SChlitz Malt Liquor Bull with Billy Dee Williams.

Mjcpr
8/12/2004, 01:13 PM
Good luck finding one. I haven't seen those in years.

usmc-sooner
Don't say beer say Bull, Bull!!!! Schlitz malt liquor bull.

I think this is the one where the bull runs through the paper screen or through a house

Paperclip
or SChlitz Malt Liquor Bull with Billy Dee Williams.

Wasn't Billy Dee in the Colt 45 commercials?

King Crimson
8/12/2004, 01:14 PM

maybe you are right. i was kind of waffling on that one....

Mjcpr
8/12/2004, 01:15 PM
Yeah, I think so. Isn't that racial profiling?

Boarder
8/12/2004, 01:15 PM
the one's with Leon Redbone.

The "This Bud's For You" ones?

Me and another guy used to play that little jingle in the stands at high school football games (we were in the band). He played the bass part, I played the melody. Before the end of the season, we had about 10 others join in. The band director had to make us stop doing it, being a beer jingle and all.

Oh, but we were hella cool band dudes, I tell ya!

Boarder
8/12/2004, 01:16 PM
I've never had a Schlitz or Colt 45, either, but I don't think I'll try them the next time I'm out to dinner.

usmc-sooner
8/12/2004, 01:17 PM

Me and another guy used to play that little jingle in the stands at high school football games (we were in the band). He played the bass part, I played the melody. Before the end of the season, we had about 10 others join in. The band director had to make us stop doing it, being a beer jingle and all.

Oh, but we were hella cool band dudes, I tell ya!

are we talking that Christmas Budweiser music with the Clydesdales pulling the wagon through the snow.

Paperclip
8/12/2004, 01:19 PM
I liked the L.C. Greenwood/Bert Jones Miller Lite commercials.

GDC
8/12/2004, 01:34 PM

What Mjcpr said. The last Lowenbrau I drank or saw was in Germany 2 or 3 years ago.

salth2o
8/12/2004, 01:42 PM
Old Milwaukee...."It don't get no better than this"

TUSooner
8/12/2004, 02:10 PM
What about "You only go around once in life, so go for the gusto!" (Schlitz). That's old.

Viking Kitten
8/12/2004, 02:15 PM
I like that old one where the two guys go up to the bar to order and this really bitchy looking Eurotrash chick goes, "Velcome to House of Beerrr. Ve have over 170 different kind of Beerrr. Call me ven you arrrre rrrready. The she all slams the book down and starts to walk away. But OH NO YOU DI'UNT!!!! The guy is all like get your ho *** back here missy. Cause he says, all sure and steady like, "I'm ready. I'll have a Sam Adams."
And Eurotrash gives him this smiley look like, "You are sexy man who knows vhat you vant. I vould like to sleep vith you rrright here on bar.

Rockin' beer commercial right there. And by "old" I mean it came on so many times during Joe Schmo II that it was REALLY getting old.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/12/2004, 02:18 PM

Oh, but we were hella cool band dudes, I tell ya!That's funny because the only song out band knew was "Tequila"

Bourbon St Sooner
8/12/2004, 02:18 PM
Swedish Bikini Team

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/12/2004, 02:19 PM
Who didn't want a Spuds McKenzie dog, that is until we realized he was a pit bull who ate people.

Viking Kitten
8/12/2004, 02:23 PM
Spuds was also a bitch, as have been most famous screen dogs except maybe Benjy. Girl dogs don't pee everywhere.

Boarder
8/12/2004, 02:25 PM
Spuds was also a bitch, as have been most famous screen dogs except maybe Benjy. Girl dogs don't pee everywhere.

They just poot on your hand.....

BUT SERIOUSLY! WHOAA!

the-boulder
8/12/2004, 02:29 PM
Yeah, I think so. Isn't that racial profiling?

I Yep, it was Colt 45 and I think he said soimething like "when I want to have a few friends over"... and also I beleive he says

"Colt 45- works everytime..."

These commericals were what spured me to purchase the 16 ounce big daddy Colt 45's in high school- everyone knew it was my M.O. The rest of friends drank sisco.

Scott D
8/12/2004, 02:38 PM
Most any old beer commercial that doesn't have the WAZZZUP guys.

King Crimson
8/12/2004, 02:38 PM
speaking of high school.....i don't seem to remember any Black Label commercials.

i guess BL already had it's demographic wired.

Howzit
8/12/2004, 02:41 PM
Bud Light - "I love you, man!"

Was it Bud Light?

Scott D
8/12/2004, 02:44 PM
Yah Howzit, but no you can't have my Bud Light!

Howzit
8/12/2004, 02:46 PM
heh.

Howzit
8/12/2004, 02:47 PM
And since I'm closing in on 2K, heh again.

royalfan5
12/6/2006, 04:40 PM
I really like the Dakota wheat beer commercials when I was kid. Mostly cause they had people combining wheat in them.

afs
12/6/2006, 04:53 PM
Rainier Beer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz-WuLQz_ns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCW9gqN-_mE&mode=related&search=

http://www.gasolinealleyantiques.com/images/Radios%20Page/r-rainie.jpg

Miko
12/6/2006, 05:26 PM
Hamms! The beer refreshing,
Hamms! The beer refreshing.

:D :pop:

william_brasky
12/6/2006, 05:36 PM
Who didn't want a Spuds McKenzie dog, that is until we realized he was a pit bull who ate people.

Spuds was a Bull Terrier, not an American Pit Bull Terrier.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/6/2006, 07:48 PM
Spuds was a Bull Terrier, not an American Pit Bull Terrier.I tell ya, Bud Light would sell throught the roof if it brought back Spuds McKenzie commercials. There were always 3 of the hottest girls in the world that were fawning over Spuds. Still don't know why they loved him so.

Mongo
12/6/2006, 07:53 PM
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o259/hobbs70/slurms.jpg

AllAboutThe'O'
12/6/2006, 10:42 PM
I kinda liked the Miller Lite "Ads by Dick" about a decade ago, where a fictional guy named Dick (whose picture was shown looking like he stepped out of a '70s disco) drew up these offbeat ads. One such ad was a naked guy running through a field whose, shall we say, nether regions was hidden by a Miller Lite logo.

AllAboutThe'O'
12/6/2006, 10:45 PM
I liked the L.C. Greenwood/Bert Jones Miller Lite commercials.
How 'bout the ones with John Madden tearing through the sign at the end? One time, as a youngster, while we were watching Monday Night Football, the John Madden ad was on and my dad had dozed off, which at the time I was unaware of. The moment he tore through the paper, I slapped my hand on top of his head, immediately waking him. He gave me a couple of good licks afterward.

SoonerTitan
12/6/2006, 11:05 PM
Bring back the Bud Bowl!!!

sooneron
12/7/2006, 11:50 AM
Lowenbrau, they kind of go together with the Riunite on ice spots. So nice!

OhU1
12/7/2006, 12:12 PM
I tell ya, Bud Light would sell throught the roof if it brought back Spuds McKenzie commercials. There were always 3 of the hottest girls in the world that were fawning over Spuds. Still don't know why they loved him so.

Spuds was a bitch not a male by the way. Don't ask me why I remember that useless factoid. The less information I retain in my brain about the World's most mediocre beer the better.

I liked the "red neck" Miller High Life commercials from a few years ago. Bashing the French who we bailed out of two world wars but damning with faint praise that they did do a pretty good job coming up with the idea for mayonnaise.

Another was shot from the view point of a working guy watering his lawn looking on in irritation at his yuppie neighbor who was not "manly" enough to be able to back a truck and large boat into his drive way properly. The commercial implied that working Joe was full of disgust and loathing at a guy who could afford such fancy gear and not be able to appreciate how to operate and use it.

Pricetag
12/7/2006, 02:26 PM
The Stroh's commercials with Alex the dog were pretty good.

OUstud
12/7/2006, 08:03 PM
:les: BITTER BEER FACE!

WA. Sooner
12/8/2006, 02:12 AM
The hell with your mountains show me your BUSH