PDA

View Full Version : Obama out in my neck of the woods again

BoulderSooner79
7/23/2014, 12:12 PM
I forgot Obama was here today on the San Francisco peninsula. But I was out on my morning bike ride and I passed a large group of people protesting for internet neutrality. There were a few signs about the Gaza conflict too, but mostly the internet thing (this is silicon valley). I assume they knew the route the POTUS caravan was taking and there were a bunch of news crews there filming them. Maybe I'll be on the local news - Hi, Mom!!!

olevetonahill
7/23/2014, 03:28 PM
He Bummin moneys for the Other Libs that are up fer election

badger
7/23/2014, 04:42 PM
Isn't it nice being a guaranteed vote for a particular party, California? Candidates come for your money, because they already have your vote.

Oklahoma here, and no it isn't nice to be ignored outside primary season. I wonder how Ohio feels

Sooner8th
7/23/2014, 05:29 PM
Isn't it nice being a guaranteed vote for a particular party, California? Candidates come for your money, because they already have your vote.

Oklahoma here, and no it isn't nice to be ignored outside primary season. I wonder how Ohio feels

You can say the same thing about texass for conservatives.

olevetonahill
7/23/2014, 05:41 PM

Spin and deflect Moran spin and deflect!

BoulderSooner79
7/23/2014, 08:04 PM

We have a system where $$ buys elections, so that's what is gonna happen.

Sooner8th
7/23/2014, 10:01 PM

You are just ****ing stupid, what am I spinning and deflecting? Just pointing out both sides do it. ****ing moron.

olevetonahill
7/23/2014, 10:10 PM
You are just ****ing stupid, what am I spinning and deflecting? Just pointing out both sides do it. ****ing moron.

asswipe, This is about Obammy and Cal. Nothing to do with Saxet. Go back to fingerin the neighbors kids

Sooner8th
7/23/2014, 10:33 PM
asswipe, This is about Obammy and Cal. Nothing to do with Saxet. Go back to fingerin the neighbors kids

spinning and deflecting, spinning and deflecting loser. You accuse me of spinning and deflecting - tell me what EXACTLY I'm spinning and deflecting.

olevetonahill
7/23/2014, 10:36 PM

spinning and deflecting, spinning and deflecting loser. You accuse me of spinning and deflecting - tell me what EXACTLY I'm spinning and deflecting.

Spin =Turn things around.YOU Did when ya said Brot in Saxet,therby deflectin away from Obanny and Cal. Is this really so hard to understand? Yer Boy Slick Willie of BJ fame perfected it.

:cupcake:

Sooner8th
7/24/2014, 06:39 AM
Spin =Turn things around.YOU Did when ya said Brot in Saxet,therby deflectin away from Obanny and Cal. Is this really so hard to understand? Yer Boy Slick Willie of BJ fame perfected it.

:cupcake:

Since when is pointing out both sides do it spin and deflect? Did I say dems didn't do it? Just can't handle someone breaking up your ignorant little circle jerk can you?

Loser.

olevetonahill
7/24/2014, 06:50 AM
Since when is pointing out both sides do it spin and deflect? Did I say dems didn't do it? Just can't handle someone breaking up your ignorant little circle jerk can you?

Loser.

And a Good morning to you sir. I see you woke up with your Vag all twisted in knots!

BoulderSooner79
7/24/2014, 12:41 PM
Dang, a lot of hot air in this thread when all I was doing was letting folks know I was on TV! My peeps wanna know about the trends I'm setting.

olevetonahill
7/24/2014, 01:50 PM
Dang, a lot of hot air in this thread when all I was doing was letting folks know I was on TV! My peeps wanna know about the trends I'm setting.

See how you Libs are? :cocksure:

Did ya get on the Telebision? post a Link if ya did.

TAFBSooner
7/24/2014, 03:40 PM

We're basically ignored outside of Sugar Bowl season . . .

Careful what you wish for - battleground states have wall to wall campaign ads for a few months every four years.

TAFBSooner
7/24/2014, 03:43 PM

Pubs only have to hit up about 1% as many people to fund their campaigns as Dems do. So yeah, he's doin' what he does.

BoulderSooner79
7/24/2014, 04:03 PM
We're basically ignored outside of Sugar Bowl season . . .

Careful what you wish for - battleground states have wall to wall campaign ads for a few months every four years.

Very true! When I lived in Boulder, I felt popular being a swing voter in a swing state. (You all call me liberal, but that's only compared to Okies - I often split my ticket). But that swing state label gets tedious after a while with all the non-stop campaign ads appearing everywhere. I learned to tune it out.

BoulderSooner79
7/24/2014, 04:06 PM
See how you Libs are? :cocksure:

Did ya get on the Telebision? post a Link if ya did.

It was just the local news trucks at the demonstration. I didn't bother checking the news since Obama wasn't going by at the time. My lovely wife did get on the news last time Obama was here because she waited for the black SUV parade to go by.

FaninAma
7/24/2014, 04:10 PM
Pubs only have to hit up about 1% as many people to fund their campaigns as Dems do. So yeah, he's doin' what he does.

What are you talking about? Does George Soros ring a bell? Wall Street gives to both sides. Trial lawyers and Big Labor are about 100 % in the Democrat's camp.

REDREX
7/24/2014, 04:32 PM
Pubs only have to hit up about 1% as many people to fund their campaigns as Dems do. So yeah, he's doin' what he does.--- The Unions get what they want from their donations

olevetonahill
7/24/2014, 04:48 PM

Come on bro, you cant be serious. How much did Obammy spend the 1st time? 2nd?

BoulderSooner79
7/24/2014, 04:54 PM

Enough, apparently.

TAFBSooner
7/24/2014, 04:56 PM
--- The Unions get what they want from their donations

The unions wanted card check, bad, and they didn't get it.

olevetonahill
7/24/2014, 04:57 PM
Enough, apparently.

Heh.

REDREX
7/24/2014, 05:09 PM
The unions wanted card check, bad, and they didn't get it.---Well that's one thing they didn't get----What about the joke Obama made of the NLRB

TAFBSooner
7/24/2014, 05:16 PM
What are you talking about? Does George Soros ring a bell? Wall Street gives to both sides. Trial lawyers and Big Labor are about 100 % in the Democrat's camp.

The Koch brothers alone spend more than Soros ($50 million vs $13 million from 1998 to 2010). Then there's Pete Peterson, another billionaire, who has a monomaniacal drive to destroy Social Security while he's still alive to see it. I wish him long life and continued :) frustration in his goal.

You are right about Wall Street buying both sides. Obama told them off but didn't allow any prosecutions. (I'm "the only thing between you and the pitchforks," he said.) It wasn't enough for them that they kept their freedom and most of their bonuses; they wanted him to convince the public that was just a bad rainstorm in 2008, rather than Wall Street pizzing on the rest of us. However, 2008 was the first time that FIRE invested as much in the Dems as they did in the Republicans.

Trial lawyers are multi-millionaires, not billionaires - they don't give as much as Big Money and Big Oil. And Big Labor's value to the Democrats is staffing the ground game, not in the money they give.

TAFBSooner
7/24/2014, 05:24 PM

If you're just looking at Obama, it's true that Wall Street gave him more than they gave Bomb-bomb in 2008. But they're no dummies - did you seriously think that a Republican was gonna get elected in 2008?

I hope that the Democrats nominate somebody who DOESN'T get any $$$ from Wall Street. But I'm not holding my breath.

Turd_Ferguson
7/24/2014, 05:32 PM
Then there's Pete Peterson, another billionaire, who has a monomaniacal drive to destroy Social Security while he's still alive to see it.

It'll be a short ****'n drive, that's for sure.

BoulderSooner79
7/24/2014, 06:48 PM
I hope that the Democrats nominate somebody who DOESN'T get any $$$ from Wall Street. But I'm not holding my breath.

I don't see a candidate from either party getting that far w/o Wall Street $$$.

REDREX
7/24/2014, 07:00 PM
Union Political spending---- http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304782404577488584031850026

TAFBSooner
7/25/2014, 02:19 PM
Union Political spending---- http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304782404577488584031850026

Union spending is four times as high as was previously thought . . . and Paywall. And I'm not going to spend my money where it's obviously going to help further the political motivations of Rupert Murdoch.

Does the article compare union spending to Wall Street spending?

Curly Bill
7/25/2014, 03:36 PM

George Soros, Tom Steyer...glad these paupers manage to give what little they can to help the donks out.