PDA

View Full Version : Stoops hopes Baker Mayfield will be eligible this fall.

soonergirlNeugene
7/22/2014, 08:31 PM
http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/07/22/bob-stoops-baker-mayfield-oklahoma-eligible

Good for him. At least we will have a solid #2. Heh..

EatLeadCommie
7/22/2014, 08:33 PM
The article merely says that Stoops expects him to be eligible. It doesn't say that his waiver was granted.

Mazeppa
7/22/2014, 09:13 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/oklahoma-waiting-on-eligibility-for-dorial-green-beckham-and-baker-mayfield-185619859.html

SoonerMarkVA
7/22/2014, 09:19 PM
It's patently absurd this is even an issue for a walk-on player.

8timechamps
7/22/2014, 10:20 PM
It's patently absurd this is even an issue for a walk-on player.

It really is!

Stoops addressed this in his press conference today, and his views are in line with everyone else's. I only hope the folks reviewing his eligibility feel the same. It just makes no sense to not allow the waiver.

EatLeadCommie
7/23/2014, 12:23 AM
Been a while since I read the statute, but I seem to remember thinking he'd get a waiver but still have to sit out a year due to transferring within the conference. Basically, he wouldn't have to sit out two years.

ouflak
7/23/2014, 02:14 AM
Been a while since I read the statute, but I seem to remember thinking he'd get a waiver but still have to sit out a year due to transferring within the conference. Basically, he wouldn't have to sit out two years.

I am not aware of any scenario where a player has to sit out two years because they transferred.

yermom
7/23/2014, 07:16 AM
with no waivers or exceptions, that seems to be the normal amount when transferring in-conference if nothing has changed

cherokeebrewer
7/23/2014, 01:59 PM
If Baker Mayfield is ruled eligible, things could get interesting. The kids got some moxey and at the very least would be a very high quality backup...

8timechamps
7/23/2014, 02:36 PM

He would only have to sit out one year if his waiver isn't granted.

IF he gets the waiver, he will be eligible to play this season. I don't think the NCAA differentiates transferring out of conference and transferring in conference. That's something the coach (at the "losing" program) can stipulate in a waiver. Kingbury did that, but that is part of the appeal.

stoops the eternal pimp
7/23/2014, 03:15 PM
I've had a few solid #2s this week.

KantoSooner
7/23/2014, 03:17 PM
your post is worthless without pics

BoulderSooner79
7/23/2014, 03:26 PM
your post is worthless without pics

and I hope it stays that way.

birddog
7/23/2014, 08:29 PM
I'm proud of him but visuals are just fine. It's not worthless without pics, it's merely noteworthy

bluedogok
7/23/2014, 09:33 PM

I am not aware of any scenario where a player has to sit out two years because they transferred.
I think the NCAA rule is one year, the extra year for an in conference transfer was a Big 8 Conference rule and when they went to the Big 12 they dropped the extra year.

Widescreen
7/23/2014, 10:06 PM
The OP needs to change the thread title. We don't know if he will be eligible or not (yet).

TheUnnamedSooner
7/23/2014, 11:09 PM
If this was a normal transfer, he'd have to sit out one year per ncaa, then lose a year eligibility for transferring within the conference. Doesn't mean he'd have to sit out two years in a row...

swardboy
7/24/2014, 06:14 AM
The OP needs to change the thread title. We don't know if he will be eligible or not (yet).

Yeah, add a question mark, like yo axin' a question?

soonergirlNeugene
7/24/2014, 02:03 PM
Yeah, add a question mark, like yo axin' a question?

Made this change last night? Idk why it doesn't show until you've clicked on the thread.

olevetonahill
7/24/2014, 02:10 PM
http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/07/22/bob-stoops-baker-mayfield-oklahoma-eligible

Made this change last night? Idk why it doesn't show until you've clicked on the thread.

It will only show on your OP, or unless some quotes it.

olevetonahill
7/24/2014, 02:11 PM

See?