PDA

View Full Version : aTm has videoboard envy?

Mazeppa
7/9/2014, 08:31 PM
Not anymore they are the biggest.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24612754/photos-texas-am-completes-cfbs-largest-videoboard

SoonerMarkVA
7/9/2014, 08:49 PM
OK, this comment was awfully funny: "The biggest thing in Texas is Texas A&M's insecurity"

Mazeppa
7/9/2014, 09:25 PM
OK, this comment was awfully funny: "The biggest thing in Texas is Texas A&M's insecurity"

That comment is "spot on"

SoonerPride
7/9/2014, 09:57 PM
The whole A&M scene is equal parts distasteful and sad.

They loathe/envy Texas so much that their bizarro traditions are built around the longhorns. It is their raison d'être.

At first I thought it was amusing.

Then fascinating.

Then ultimately I decided it was just pathetic.

tycat947
7/9/2014, 11:10 PM

They loathe/envy Texas so much that their bizarro traditions and raison d'être are built around longhorns.

At first I thought it amusing.

Then fascinating.

Totally agree!

badger
7/10/2014, 08:40 AM
The comments are cute.

When I lurk at texags (as part of my meltdown thread community service) it seems there are a lot of complaints about ads and the commercialization of their football games, where everything is scripted down to the band and the yell leaders and they have the screen blaring at them constantly during TV timeouts.

So my guess is that while the screen is bigger than UT's, Aggie is bracing for even more blaring timeout nuisances.

KantoSooner
7/10/2014, 09:20 AM
While we're talking Ags, let's not miss the chance to bring to the forefront the skin crawling homoerotic-Nazi vibe that is, the Corps of Cadets. One stands in slack jawed awe at the sheer number of psychiatric maladies on parade as a group of grown men play army soldier and critique each other's clothes and personal deportment....and the University plays along. Pathetic beyond words.

PrideMom
7/10/2014, 10:03 AM
The WORST is at Jerry's world! It is in the center of the field, and takes over the game. If I wanted to watch the entire game on TV I would have not bought a ticket. I do enjoy seeing a special play over again on the jumbotron, but not the entire game. The camera cannot see the complete play where every player is positioned, and how the play develops, there is more to watch than just the person that gets the ball. That is why listening to Merv Johnson describe who was successful or busted on a play in the line, etc., that the TV misses.

Mac94
7/10/2014, 11:22 AM
You guys really love us ... admit it ;)

badger
7/10/2014, 12:57 PM
You guys really love us ... admit it ;)

Before you get ahead of yourself, you guys are the ones that we expect to upset the SEC threats for the playoff, so we pay attention to you. We don't expect you in playoff contention, but you could play spoiler to some SEC stallwarts that might.

We've "loved" Arizona State in the early aughts (and been let down many times), "loved" Virginia Tech when Miami had no other competition in the Big East, and have "loved" random SEC programs whenever we can imagine them beating LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, whoever is in the top 5 of the polls at any given moment.

So go ahead and feel loved resident Aggie but continue to be irrelevant when it's time for the BCS/playoff to begin :rcmad:

Mac94
7/10/2014, 01:16 PM
So go ahead and feel loved resident Aggie but continue to be irrelevant when it's time for the BCS/playoff to begin

:love_heart: :love-struck: :tickled_pink:

SoonerMarkVA
7/10/2014, 02:07 PM
You're a good Ag representative, Mac94. Glad to have you on the board.

It's also very entertaining to see you can Sic 'Em cat fighting :)

badger
7/10/2014, 03:28 PM
You're a good Ag representative, Mac94

Agg-ree. :P

8timechamps
7/10/2014, 05:45 PM

They loathe/envy Texas so much that their bizarro traditions are built around the longhorns. It is their raison d'être.

At first I thought it was amusing.

Then fascinating.

Yep.

That's the sole reason they are expanding their stadium. What was/is funny is that Texas saw that as a challenge, and is looking to expand further, yet they can't sell out the one they have now.

badger
7/11/2014, 08:24 AM
That's the sole reason they are expanding their stadium. What was/is funny is that Texas saw that as a challenge, and is looking to expand further, yet they can't sell out the one they have now.

Yeah, it's been an interesting turn of events down in Baja Oklahoma. Meanwhile, normal Oklahoma is up here sitting back watching the show :pop:

picasso
7/11/2014, 09:02 AM
It really is too bad they don't play each other any longer.
It's kinda like our old rivalry game with Nebraska. Minus the titles and Heismans.

soonerboomer93
7/11/2014, 09:13 AM
They really should have just tore that place down and built it from scratch instead of adding to the erector set.

They can have the title for a couple years, until our new board goes in.

Jacie
7/11/2014, 09:24 AM
More choice bits:

LonghornsUnite!
Texas goes 9-4, and it's a disappointment. A&M goes 9-4 with their most talented team ever.

HornsNbr1
Texas goes 9-4 and the coach gets fired. a&m goes 9-4 and build a bigger stadium.

Markus Wynne Thiesen
Is it bigger than their holes on defense?

Daniel Elliott
Are they compensating for something

Nathan Miller
Win a championship, then brag about a t.v.

jkjsooner
7/11/2014, 12:45 PM
They really should have just tore that place down and built it from scratch instead of adding to the erector set.

They can have the title for a couple years, until our new board goes in.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Right now our new board is just an image on a computer screen. Nothing has been paid for yet.

champions77
7/11/2014, 01:54 PM
Everyone on here is sounding like a bunch of 'horn fans. I guess y'all on here never heard of the old saying "your enemy's enemy is your friend"?
In all the times OU played at Kyle Field, me and my family were always treated with the utmost respect, every time. Loved those A&M trips every other year.

I don't know if you are mad at A&M for leaving us behind for a better conference or what the deal is, but all the hating on A&M seems really silly to me.

SoonerPride
7/11/2014, 02:43 PM
Everyone on here is sounding like a bunch of 'horn fans. I guess y'all on here never heard of the old saying "your enemy's enemy is your friend"?
In all the times OU played at Kyle Field, me and my family were always treated with the utmost respect, every time. Loved those A&M trips every other year.

I don't know if you are mad at A&M for leaving us behind for a better conference or what the deal is, but all the hating on A&M seems really silly to me.

I've thought A&M fans were goofy and delusional since I first encountered them.

tycat947
7/11/2014, 03:02 PM

I agree. I always thought they acted pretty much the same.......the Texas arrogance!

champions77
7/11/2014, 03:14 PM

I agree there was a degree of that "Texas Arrogance" after all, they are Texans. But I never had that in your face, "you scumbag okie trailer trash, go back to mobilehoma you backward sob" that I have gotten from the 'horn fans a few times while exiting the Cotton Bowl after a loss. Again, my experiences were all positive. My son went to yell practice one night before we played them, and they were giving it up to OU saying "now those sooners don't like the tea sips as much as we do, so we have that in common with them" routine.

Again, I hear about all of this cult stuff from 'horn fans about A&M. I just haven't seen it. We beat them most every time I went down there (except 2002) and I never had one Aggie say anything to me negative while leaving the stadium. Only "great game, have a safe trip home". That is rare in this day and time with all the drunk idiot fans all schools have.

SoonerPride
7/11/2014, 03:22 PM
I agree there was a degree of that "Texas Arrogance" after all, they are Texans. But I never had that in your face, "you scumbag okie trailer trash, go back to mobilehoma you backward sob" that I have gotten from the 'horn fans a few times while exiting the Cotton Bowl after a loss. Again, my experiences were all positive. My son went to yell practice one night before we played them, and they were giving it up to OU saying "now those sooners don't like the tea sips as much as we do, so we have that in common with them" routine.

Again, I hear about all of this cult stuff from 'horn fans about A&M. I just haven't seen it. We beat them most every time I went down there (except 2002) and I never had one Aggie say anything to me negative while leaving the stadium. Only "great game, have a safe trip home". That is rare in this day and time with all the drunk idiot fans all schools have.

I agree that they were civil and polite and good hosts.

They treated us very nicely every time we went down there.

That didn't make it seem any less bizarre and cultish.

If you've been there in person and you didn't feel like you had wandered into Jonestown I don't know what to say.

I couldn't wait to get out of town.

They seemed like pod people.

olevetonahill
7/11/2014, 03:40 PM
I agree. I always thought they acted pretty much the same.......the Texas arrogance!

Yup . went ONE time to a game there will never go back Rude an Obnoxious Plus slingin their dayumSnot rags around everywhere . Couple in Front of Me let there 10 an 12 year Old kids stand up of the Seats In front of me thw whole dayum game waving their hankies and jumping up an down just so we couldnt see anything. **** em.

soonergirlNeugene
7/11/2014, 04:00 PM
I've never traveled to Kyle Field to catch a game. Generally, I try to avoid the state of Texas unless it involves a trip to Dallas for the RRS. I never really encountered an A&M fan in the stands at an OU home game either, so my experience with them is limited. The one time I did run into some was in Alaska of all places when I was up there for summer vacation in 2006. I noticed these guys in the parking lot wearing A&M hats and I flashed em a horns down sign and pointed at my OU hat. After all, that was the year that their late season victory over Texas allowed us a berth in the conference championship game and 5th B12 championship under Stoops. Their first reaction was surprisingly hostile, talking trash about OU in general and then less surprisingly about the Boise State game that year. After I said I wanted to thank them for beating Texas that year, they warmed up a bit, but were still kinda stand-offish. But maybe that had more to do w/ the squeaker we pulled on their home field that season than anything else.

So I wouldn't say I had a bad experience with them, but that on the whole they were much more interested in talking about Texas than either OU or even their own team.

8timechamps
7/11/2014, 06:26 PM

You may, or may not realize this, but A&M has taken over (from Texas) as our biggest obstacle in recruiting in the region. In addition, they beat the **** out of us in the Cotton Bowl and even though OU owned A&M all the years they were in the conference, their fans are living on that beatdown.

Besides, this has nothing to do with how we were treated at the opponents home stadium. I've been treated great by both Texas fans and OSU fans, and still dislike both programs immensely.

Finally, this is a Sooner message board. If you're looking for compliments for A&M (or any team for that matter), you'd be better off checking out an Aggie board.

picasso
7/11/2014, 08:28 PM

Not me. They're dorks and should be treated as so.

bluedogok
7/13/2014, 01:29 PM
The comments are cute.

When I lurk at texags (as part of my meltdown thread community service) it seems there are a lot of complaints about ads and the commercialization of their football games, where everything is scripted down to the band and the yell leaders and they have the screen blaring at them constantly during TV timeouts.

So my guess is that while the screen is bigger than UT's, Aggie is bracing for even more blaring timeout nuisances.
My UT friends have the same gripe about their video board, they have said we have the biggest screen but watching replays/stats on it is like watching them in a picture-in-picture window because the main screen is filled with ads. It's pretty much worthless to most of them.

Mac94
7/14/2014, 08:00 AM
Finally, this is a Sooner message board. If you're looking for compliments for A&M (or any team for that matter), you'd be better off checking out an Aggie board.

Can I compliment us on the board??? ;)

We're good enough ... we're smart enough ... and gosh darn it people like us! ;)

champions77
7/14/2014, 09:10 AM
You may, or may not realize this, but A&M has taken over (from Texas) as our biggest obstacle in recruiting in the region. In addition, they beat the **** out of us in the Cotton Bowl and even though OU owned A&M all the years they were in the conference, their fans are living on that beatdown.

Besides, this has nothing to do with how we were treated at the opponents home stadium. I've been treated great by both Texas fans and OSU fans, and still dislike both programs immensely.

Not looking for compliments, just don't get all the A&M hate on here. That's all.

picasso
7/14/2014, 09:43 AM
Not looking for compliments, just don't get all the A&M hate on here. That's all.

You ever spend some time with their grads? I'm not talking about going to a game there.
I've been around them enough to be chock full of contempt. Not hatred.
Those goobs are still crying about the Calmus block in 2000.
Not to mention how they think they are an elite program without much to show for it other than bells and whistles.

PrideMom
7/14/2014, 10:57 AM
Mike Leach had the same opinion about Tex A&M with their swords and dead dogs with the score board for them! They are weird! The marching band with pseudo-military uniforms smack of Nazi-ism. The regular fans have always been nice to us, but when a school has ALL of their fight songs against Texas U., that is too much. If you did not know what the swaying back and forth represents it is the sawing off the horns of Varsity which was the first name for Bevo. For such a large school, they have always been second fiddle to Texas U. and now they finally moved away from them. The big splash aTm had in the SEC just showed to me that the SEC isn't as special of a conference that media would like for us to believe.

tycat947
7/14/2014, 04:55 PM
Mike Leach had the same opinion about Tex A&M with their swords and dead dogs with the score board for them! They are weird! The marching band with pseudo-military uniforms smack of Nazi-ism. The regular fans have always been nice to us, but when a school has ALL of their fight songs against Texas U., that is too much. If you did not know what the swaying back and forth represents it is the sawing off the horns of Varsity which was the first name for Bevo. For such a large school, they have always been second fiddle to Texas U. and now they finally moved away from them. The big splash aTm had in the SEC just showed to me that the SEC isn't as special of a conference that media would like for us to believe.

Cult, I tell ya, CULT!

Mazeppa
7/14/2014, 08:02 PM
Alabama flag "gate" at kyle field

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24620760/photo-construction-worker-flies-alabama-fan-at-kyle-field

badger
7/15/2014, 10:40 AM
Alabama flag "gate" at kyle field

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24620760/photo-construction-worker-flies-alabama-fan-at-kyle-field

Aggie is as Aggy does. Remember the OU bricks at Bone Pick Stadium? :P They probably think a flying flag at their beloved Kyle was defacing it. Boo hoo