PDA

View Full Version : 99% of cops

olevetonahill
7/4/2014, 03:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-13eZZH7Yk

olevetonahill
7/4/2014, 10:40 PM
35 Freakin ****in reviews and NOT ONE COMMENT? Land of the FREE and Home of the Brave MYFU*CKINASS!

yermom
7/5/2014, 02:56 PM
i know that dude!

http://www.flipkik.com/uploads/pics/rapist-search.jpg

TAFBSooner
7/7/2014, 12:59 PM
35 Freakin ****in reviews and NOT ONE COMMENT? Land of the FREE and Home of the Brave MYFU*CKINASS!

At least, no one wanted to defend the CHiP.

I have no clue <hand over heart> why people don't want to express the flip side of that opinion on the guaranteed anonymity of a web site.

Maybe we've all become accustomed to police acting this way, like it's no big deal. Sad.

BTW, look up the etymology of "police" and "policy" sometime.

dwarthog
7/7/2014, 04:02 PM
He should have captured her with hugs and kisses...

TAFBSooner
7/7/2014, 05:14 PM
He should have captured her with hugs and kisses...

Really? You can't think of anything between letting her go and beating the stuff out of her?

Sorry, Vet. I guess the cop does have one fan.

olevetonahill
7/7/2014, 05:20 PM
Really? You can't think of anything between letting her go and beating the stuff out of her?

Wonder how he would sing if that was his Mother gettin the shat beat out of her.

Its Not about the Person Gettin curb stomped its about the Misuse of Power thats doing the Curb stomping that has me pissed.
I swear to God If a Cop ever did that to me or one of mine. I would snipe hisass!

rock on sooner
7/7/2014, 08:31 PM
Wonder how he would sing if that was his Mother gettin the shat beat out of her.

Its Not about the Person Gettin curb stomped its about the Misuse of Power thats doing the Curb stomping that has me pissed.
I swear to God If a Cop ever did that to me or one of mine. I would snipe hisass!

And I'd load the Barrett fer ya.....!

8timechamps
7/7/2014, 10:58 PM
Absolutely no excuse for this kind of ****.

You'd think with the abundance of cameras these days (everyone with a phone), this **** would cease to exist. Maybe in time, but until then the courts need to punish with a heavy hand.

BoulderSooner79
7/7/2014, 11:44 PM
You would think the shame of these videos would make these incidents extremely rare. But in every follow-up story I see, the cop is not charged, so maybe that confidence trumps potential shame. They do get suspended sometimes (with pay), so that ought to learn them.

dwarthog
7/8/2014, 08:00 AM

Certainly not a fan of his actions with regards to the need to beat the living hell out of her.

However, I wouldn't want that job, LE, for any amount of money. Everyone is a critic of your actions and always 100% right in said critique even after viewing something which may be out of context and while not in possession of all of the facts.

But that seems to be the way events are viewed in the media these days.

If his action are determined to be completely unwarranted by the circumstances, that guy needs to be shown the door and prohibited from being on any police force anywhere.

SoonerProphet
7/8/2014, 09:09 AM
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/seven-reasons-police-brutality-is-systematic-not-anecdotal/

olevetonahill
7/8/2014, 10:35 AM
Certainly not a fan of his actions with regards to the need to beat the living hell out of her.

However, I wouldn't want that job, LE, for any amount of money. Everyone is a critic of your actions and always 100% right in said critique even after viewing something which may be out of context and while not in possession of all of the facts.

But that seems to be the way events are viewed in the media these days.

If his action are determined to be completely unwarranted by the circumstances, that guy needs to be shown the door and prohibited from being on any police force anywhere.

Dude there are absofukinglutly NO circumstances that could justify that Pig beating her 15 times with his fist NONE.

okie52
7/8/2014, 11:35 AM
Dude there are absofukinglutly NO circumstances that could justify that Pig beating her 15 times with his fist NONE.

Heh...vet...maybe the cop has a really weak punch.

stoopified
7/8/2014, 12:21 PM
The biggest problem with cops? Ist is that they are human and there as of yet is no perfect way to screen out all those who may not deserve to wear a badge. As a former officer I can tell you that just like the rest of humanity the spectrum o behaviors and personalities among cops is wideranging and varied.As both a cop and a civilian I have witnessed both the best and worst in those thaat man the thin blue line.In this instance I would say this cop appears way out of line,should lose his job and be prosecuted. I do however take exception to the staatement thaat most cops are azzholes.I would say 75% do the best job they can ,2% do the minimum required to be a cop,and around 5% use their jobs to make themselves feel better,including abusing their authority.

TAFBSooner
7/8/2014, 03:24 PM
The biggest problem with cops? Ist is that they are human and there as of yet is no perfect way to screen out all those who may not deserve to wear a badge. As a former officer I can tell you that just like the rest of humanity the spectrum o behaviors and personalities among cops is wideranging and varied.As both a cop and a civilian I have witnessed both the best and worst in those thaat man the thin blue line.In this instance I would say this cop appears way out of line,should lose his job and be prosecuted. I do however take exception to the staatement thaat most cops are azzholes.I would say 75% do the best job they can ,2% do the minimum required to be a cop,and around 5% use their jobs to make themselves feel better,including abusing their authority.

(Supposing your numbers are correct)
So why do the 95% stick up for the 5% that should be imprisoned themselves? There's a thick blue wall that protects the abusers and lets them re-offend.

I think the 1% (or the crony capitalists for y'all conservatives) is worried about some large fraction of the rest of us rising up, and is being blatant about their willingness to use the police to bust heads to scare us into sheephood.

See last paragraph of item 2:
http://www.salon.com/2014/07/06/robocop_nation_4_disturbing_facts_about_american_p olice_militarization_partner/

"One SWAT training PowerPoint presentation uncovered by the ACLU illustrates this perfectly: The slides “urge trainees to ‘Steel Your Battlemind’ and defines ‘battlemind’ as ‘a warrior’s inner strength to face fear and adversity during combat with courage. It is the will to persevere and win. It is resilience.’” "

olevetonahill
7/8/2014, 04:50 PM

Bro I was a cop for 2 years I agree with you to a point except your percentages. Maybe things have changed in 30 years, But if so they have changed for the worse! At some Point 99% do have a Power trip ego , Most corral it and dont over react. THIS cop was IN the wrong and deserves to spend time Behind bars with Former Cop written on his forehead!

PS I got fired for giving a city Councilmans Wife a ticket.

8timechamps
7/8/2014, 09:07 PM

Well said.

I had a "friend" on Facebook, a guy I went to high school with years ago, and he consistently posted these kinds of videos and talk about how horrible the police were (he did this daily). I finally had enough and just deleted him as a friend. Anyone with a functioning brain should understand that cops are human, and there will be the fools that slip through the crack. However, I suspect that the majority of LE folks are doing things the right way. At least that's what I teach my boys.

LakeRat
7/17/2014, 03:02 PM
The issue isn't the percentage, it is whether or not the people like this are prosecuted like civilians would be. It is like politicians who don't have to follow the same rules and laws that average joe's follow.

Wishboned
7/17/2014, 04:18 PM
Years ago I was living in Florida. My dad was desperate for me to move back to Oklahoma to be closer, so he was always looking to find a job for me.

One day he called and said he was good friends with a state senator, and she could get me into the highway patrol academy. I told him I didn't have the temperament for it, and I'd probably beat someone with a nightstick just because they were being an idiot.

A man's got to know his limitations.

olevetonahill
7/17/2014, 04:47 PM
The 99% deal was from the old thread years ago, I was trying for funny in a sad situation. But I have noticed that More and More Cops are acting like aszholes in the last few years.

hawaii 5-0
7/19/2014, 10:40 PM
Saw the video and thought it was Trey Gowdy Doody.

5-0

olevetonahill
7/19/2014, 11:32 PM

5-0
H2O heres the deal. DO YOU really believe he was acting in the Public's best interest?
I dont care what the old Chick was doing WRONG! I do care about what a Public Servant did WRONG

Turd_Ferguson
7/20/2014, 12:44 AM

5-0

Why do you always have to be a dick? WTF does Gowdy have to do with this?

Turd_Ferguson
7/20/2014, 05:36 AM
H2O heres the deal. DO YOU really believe he was acting in the Public's best interest?
I dont care what the old Chick was doing WRONG! I do care about what a Public Servant did WRONG

I agree with ya Howard, but lets break this **** down. You know as well as I that there are very few that can put up with the same **** every day that big city pd's/deputy's/troopers put up with. They're human, they get tired of that **** and they lose it. Every town/city/county/state has it's hard areas to deal with all the time. There are good cops out there, but they get drowned out by pecker heads like the one in that video. I think they should have there jobs changed every few months, from running traffic, to patrol, to booking to pencil pusher. Maybe something like that would give them a reprieve from seeing the same type person everyday and wanting to beat the **** out of them.

I will say, I think the police are getting way to militarized. Just this last week, 2 or 3 dip****s got caught steeling computers out of a defunct business in Goldsby. One of the men, while in the back of the Norman PD cop car, jumped his cuff's and runned oft. They had OCPD's Air 1 and OHP's Air 1, plus Normans SWAT team that were dressed in boonies, throat mic's, Army fatigues bloused in their Army boots, out looking for this guy. All of them carried either M-4's or HK MP-5's. This kind of **** is ridiculous. To this date, he still hasn't been caught, and the reports are he is considered dangerous and MAY be armed. How the **** could he be armed if you stuck him in the back of your ****ing car???

hawaii 5-0
7/20/2014, 12:15 PM
Why do you always have to be a dick? WTF does Gowdy have to do with this?

....and what does this thread have to do with politics?

It should have been on South Oval. Instead, it was put on the Political Forum. Thus, political comments are welcomed.

Is that Gowdy's hair or is there a ferret on his haid ?

Toad, who are you to think you can judge another Poster on this Board ? Maybe you should make comments about topics and stay away from personal attacks on other Posters.

5-0

Turd_Ferguson
7/20/2014, 12:36 PM

It should have been on South Oval. Instead, it was put on the Political Forum. Thus, political comments are welcomed.

Toad, who are you to think you can judge another Poster on this Board ? Maybe you should make comments about topics and stay away from personal attacks on other Posters.

5-0

So, instead of bypassing a thread you deem unworthy of the political forum, you decided to drop in a be your typical dick self. Go tit.

olevetonahill
7/20/2014, 01:07 PM

5-0

Dint put it here for any particular reason. Just No one uses the SO much anymore.

nighttrain12
7/22/2014, 09:59 PM

She didn't listen the first 14 times? Just kidding!

olevetonahill
7/23/2014, 01:52 AM
She didn't listen the first 14 times? Just kidding!

Well I guess if he told her to make him a sammich LOL

TAFBSooner
7/25/2014, 02:23 PM
http://www.salon.com/2014/07/25/polices_common_sense_trouble_how_minor_offense_sit uations_turn_deadly/

Digby is a well-known liberal. I'd like to read what conservative commentators are saying about police misconduct.

Curly Bill
7/25/2014, 03:56 PM
There's this kind of stuff, and then there's the post I saw on Facebook recently from a lad who wished to thank his supporters, that he'd finally been excepted into the local police academy.

And I'm thinking: this guy could one day be empowered to enforce laws, to be given a gun and a badge, and be faced with making life and death decisions in the use of said gun?

Then I thought back to what little interaction I've had with cops and I'm hardly surprised.

CK Sooner
7/25/2014, 04:10 PM
Force was excessive? Yes...I doubt he will get in trouble though since she was technically probably resisting, although I don't know the whole story.

CK Sooner
7/25/2014, 04:12 PM
There's this kind of stuff, and then there's the post I saw on Facebook recently from a lad who wished to thank his supporters, that he'd finally been excepted into the local police academy.

And I'm thinking: this guy could one day be empowered to enforce laws, to be given a gun and a badge, and be faced with making life and death decisions in the use of said gun?

Then I thought back to what little interaction I've had with cops and I'm hardly surprised.

Getting on smaller departments is easy...most just require a high school diploma. When you get into larger departments such as OKC than you are gonna have a lot harder requirements. I know some real dip****s who have gotten on in small cities.

Turd_Ferguson
7/25/2014, 04:23 PM
HO. LEE. DOG. ****.

TAFBSooner
7/25/2014, 05:22 PM

Some police departments screen out applicants with too high of an IQ. The stated reason (if they're called on it at all) is that higher-IQ people might get bored with the 95% of patrol duty that is boring, and leave, thereby wasting all that Police Academy training.

Curly Bill
7/25/2014, 06:10 PM
Some police departments screen out applicants with too high of an IQ. The stated reason (if they're called on it at all) is that higher-IQ people might get bored with the 95% of patrol duty that is boring, and leave, thereby wasting all that Police Academy training.

Hmmmmmm, well....this cat I know definitely won't have any problem with his IQ being too high.

Curly Bill
7/25/2014, 06:11 PM
Getting on smaller departments is easy...most just require a high school diploma. When you get into larger departments such as OKC than you are gonna have a lot harder requirements. I know some real dip****s who have gotten on in small cities.

Same here. Like I said: what little interaction I've had with local cops supports them fitting this criteria.