PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo - Former Missouri WR Dorial Green-Beckham officially joining Oklahoma program (

Jenni Carlson
7/3/2014, 02:10 PM
Well, that didn’t take long. A few hours after being spotted on campus , Oklahoma made it official that former Missouri wide receiver Dorial Green-Beckham would join the Sooners program. In compliance with NCAA transfer rules, Green-Beckham can immediately enroll in classes and join the team, but he will have to sit out the 2014 season before suiting up for OU in 2015. Excited to welcome Dorial Green Beckham to our Oklahoma Family. #Boomer ! pic.twitter.com/HEQk6XOYCE — Jay Norvell (@OU_CoachNorvell) July 3, 2014 “We are pleased to welcome Dorial to the University of Oklahoma, where he is excited to continue his education and resume his playing career” said Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops . “Dorial understands the privilege and responsibilities of representing the Oklahoma Football program. He is a talented young man who is eager to work with the rest of our team in the classroom and on the field.” Green-Beckham, a rising junior, was dismissed from Missouri following multiple violations of team rules. In his two years at Missouri, Green-Beckham was twice arrested on marijuana charges . In April, Green-Beckham was involved in a “ physical altercation ” where he allegedly pushed a female, causing her to fall down several stairs. The April incident led to his dismissal by Mizzou head coach Gary Pinkel. “I appreciate this opportunity from Coach Stoops and the University of Oklahoma,” Green-Beckham said in a statement . “There are people here who will help me build a strong foundation. I’ve disappointed myself and others in the past. I know that I have a lot of work to do and I’m ready to get started. OU is a great program and I feel privileged to be part of it. The university has made the expectations clear and I want to live up to them and be a positive part of the campus and team. I also want to thank Coach Gary Pinkel and the University of Missouri.” The 6-foot-6, 225-pound Green-Beckham was the top-rated recruit in the nation in the 2012 class. He played two seasons for the Tigers, tallying 87 total receptions for 1,278 yards and 17 touchdowns. He has two years of eligibility remaining and The Oklahoman’s Jason Kersey is reporting that OU and Green-Beckham will pursue a waiver to grant him immediate eligibility. The release says he'll be eligible in 2015, but I've been told OU is pursuing a waiver for immediate eligibility #Sooners — Jason Kersey (@jasonkersey) July 3, 2014 If Green-Beckham were to somehow become immediately eligible to suit up for the Sooners in 2014, they would raise expectations for a team that is considered a contender for the College Football Playoff coming off last year’s Sugar Bowl win over Alabama. For more Oklahoma news, visit SoonerScoop.com . - - - - - - - Sam Cooper is a contributor for the Yahoo Sports blogs. Have a tip? Email him or follow him on Twitter! Follow @SamDCooper

More... (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/sports/rss/ncaaf/SIG=14et64rr7/*http%3A//rivals.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/former-missouri-wr-dorial-green-beckham-officially-joining-oklahoma-program-183646210.html)