PDA

View Full Version : Unbroken True WWII war hero passes away

TheHumanAlphabet
7/3/2014, 10:31 AM
Zamperini passes away (http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Louis-Zamperini-Dies-War-Hero-Angelina-Jolie-Unbroken-Subject-265671781.html)

If you have never read Unbroken, do it. This man's sacrifice for our country held no bounds...

olevetonahill
7/3/2014, 11:08 AM
Salute My Brother, Rest in Peace.

Turd_Ferguson
7/3/2014, 11:28 AM
RIP.

Sooner8th
7/3/2014, 02:04 PM
Salute My Brother, Rest in Peace.

Well put....every time i read or hear about how our POW's were treated in POW camps by the japs - I makes me glad we nuked 'em, twice.

hawaii 5-0
7/3/2014, 05:14 PM
Read the book a year or so ago. Very good story of what a person can do with enough desire, even under seemingly impossible circumstances.

Isn't there gonna be a movie?

Interesting that the biography was written by a woman.

5-0

TitoMorelli
7/3/2014, 10:55 PM
Read the book a year or so ago. Very good story of what a person can do with enough desire, even under seemingly impossible circumstances.

Isn't there gonna be a movie?

Interesting that the biography was written by a woman.

5-0

I'm going to put the book on my to-read list. The author also wrote the book on which the movie "Seabiscuit" was based. That was a great read.

TheHumanAlphabet
7/5/2014, 11:34 PM
The author found out about Zamperini while writing SeaBiscuit as I heard. Could be wrong. She was so taken by his story she wrote Unbroken. Movie to be released Christmastime. A. Jolie directed, maybe she is finally getting the message her Father has had for awhile...

SCOUT
7/5/2014, 11:39 PM
I can't wait to see this movie. His story is the stuff of legends.