PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tech "prized" freshman recruit booted from school

8timechamps
6/29/2014, 06:04 PM
So, last recruiting cycle, Tech landed a supposed stud corner back from Miami (Nigel Bethel). He was Tech's highest rated recruit, and was expected to start for the Raiders this coming season. I say "was", because Bethel was kicked out of school today for "punching a women's basketball player in the face during a pick-up basketball game".

Here's (http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11152834/texas-tech-red-raiders-cornerback-nigel-bethel-ii-dismissed-punching-women-hoops-player-amber-battle) the story from ESPN.

olevetonahill
6/29/2014, 06:13 PM
He told her once to make him a sammich, What else he gonna do when she dint?

SoonerMarkVA
6/29/2014, 06:38 PM
What a jackass.

Widescreen
6/29/2014, 07:39 PM
Sounds like she is going to have surgery to repair a broken bone in her face.

Mazeppa
6/29/2014, 07:42 PM
Sounds like he's a pretty tough guy.

SoonerPride
6/29/2014, 08:32 PM
What a freaking tool.

He deserves his future of minimum wage oblivion.

MsProudSooner
6/29/2014, 08:59 PM
Just one of those losers who can't take it when a girl beats him in a pickup basketball game.

TheUnnamedSooner
6/29/2014, 09:11 PM

Lol. Exactly

SoonerPride
6/29/2014, 09:12 PM

Lol. Exactly

I find no humor in violence against women.

Ever.

8timechamps
6/29/2014, 09:46 PM
I remember when this kid was being recruited, and he comes from a really rough part of Miami. That certainly doesn't excuse his behavior, as other players have come from that area without incident.

Glad to see Tech act quickly on this.

olevetonahill
6/29/2014, 10:17 PM

Ever.

Then dont laugh at the Joke!

Soonerjeepman
6/29/2014, 10:30 PM
one of the comments said they thought she started it and threw some punches as well...honestly I could see that happening. I never condone violence towards women, BUT a dude has a right to defend himself...which I doubt he was doing that, just saying.

ouwasp
6/29/2014, 10:35 PM
Warning: spare yourself and do not read the comments in the ESPN article. Unless you enjoy Jerry Springer/Al Sharpton sort of banter.

olevetonahill
6/29/2014, 10:52 PM
Warning: spare yourself and do not read the comments in the ESPN article. Unless you enjoy Jerry Springer/Al Sharpton sort of banter.

Heh, Now I gotta read the article LOL

Eielson
6/29/2014, 11:28 PM

Ever.

Quit being such a little girl about it...or I'll punch you.

olevetonahill
6/29/2014, 11:33 PM
Quit being such a little girl about it...or I'll punch you.

HEHEHE
Ya know what ya tell a woman with TWO black eyes?

Nothin, Ya done told her twice LMFAO

KantoSooner
6/30/2014, 08:28 AM
Everyone calm down.
This guy is simply scum, he's been dealt with. Don't give him any more notereity.
While violence against women is unacceptable and, if truth were told, demands that any witness kill the perpetrator, we can't do that in a civil society. The resultant stress is relieved, somewhat, through humor meant to draw attention to the ridiculousness of the situation.

badger
6/30/2014, 08:35 AM
From what I read on forums and such elsewhere, it sounds like the football dude got hit in the back of the head during the rec ball game, and without looking where or to who he was punching, just swung around... and hit the girl.

If you are rolling your eyes, I completely understand. Such a "defense" would not prevent you from being charged with assault, nor protect you from a civil suit for pain and suffering/hospital bills, and it certainly did not keep him playing football at Tech.

However, this does not sound like a simple case of putting a girl in her place for playing basketball better than a man or whatever. Apparently there was video that the coaches at Tech reviewed before making the decision.

Lesson: Don't just go swinging your fists, you moron.

olevetonahill
6/30/2014, 08:58 AM
Badj Ima Disagree, All joking aside. If Im attacked from behind and Hit upside the Head, Im going into Immediate Defense/attack mode! I am going to try to return attack with such Overwhelming force that whoever attacked me is rendered Unconscious or even dead Sorry thats just the way I was trained.

Simple way to NOT get hurt? Dont smack some one from behind.

picasso
6/30/2014, 10:14 AM
If you're playing co-ed basketball then leave the machismo at home. I always let girls shoot but that was it.
I can remember guys blocking girls shots and stuff.

Weak.

olevetonahill
6/30/2014, 10:42 AM
If you're playing co-ed basketball then leave the machismo at home. I always let girls shoot but that was it.
I can remember guys blocking girls shots and stuff.

Weak.

Kinda Condescending and arrogant to say "you let" the girls shoot dont ya think?

Myself, If a girl or little kid wants to play me at anything they should get my best. That if they win then they earned it.

badger
6/30/2014, 12:02 PM
Badj Ima Disagree, All joking aside. If Im attacked from behind and Hit upside the Head, Im going into Immediate Defense/attack mode!

It would have been better to go into defense mode. What if it wasn't a fist that hit you, but an errant basketball or an accidental collision (remember that this was rec ball).

Maybe it's the mommy in me, but being around kids at a playground. I may accidentally get hit either by a kid or by something else (can't count the number of times I've bonked my head on stuff that's too short). Swinging fists around people that are smaller and weaker than me?! Uggggh

TheHumanAlphabet
6/30/2014, 12:13 PM

Ever.

Not to flame, apparently SNL did...

cvsooner
6/30/2014, 12:45 PM
Then dont laugh at the Joke!

Why on earth did you ever think it was worth making a joke about? Pathetic.

olevetonahill
6/30/2014, 12:49 PM
Why on earth did you ever think it was worth making a joke about? Pathetic.

Cause Ima a Pathetic mother ****er, Pay Tention. Now go make me a sammich.

olevetonahill
6/30/2014, 12:56 PM
Oh and for what its worth I have NEVER in my life hit a woman. Have gotten in a few fight swith maggots that Have hit em in front of me tho.

Wait Sisters dont count when yer young do they?
I did knock crap out of 2 of mine when we were kids.

8timechamps
6/30/2014, 02:52 PM
From what I read on forums and such elsewhere, it sounds like the football dude got hit in the back of the head during the rec ball game, and without looking where or to who he was punching, just swung around... and hit the girl.

If you are rolling your eyes, I completely understand. Such a "defense" would not prevent you from being charged with assault, nor protect you from a civil suit for pain and suffering/hospital bills, and it certainly did not keep him playing football at Tech.

However, this does not sound like a simple case of putting a girl in her place for playing basketball better than a man or whatever. Apparently there was video that the coaches at Tech reviewed before making the decision.

Lesson: Don't just go swinging your fists, you moron.

ESPN is reporting that Bethel "took a swing" at the woman. That doesn't mean they are right, but if there is video of the incident (and I'm sure there is), then I would think it was pretty easy to tell the difference between a 'heat of the moment' elbow check and a punch to the face. I think it was probably more the latter since the decision was made so quickly.

olevetonahill
6/30/2014, 03:12 PM
ESPN is reporting that Bethel "took a swing" at the woman. That doesn't mean they are right, but if there is video of the incident (and I'm sure there is), then I would think it was pretty easy to tell the difference between a 'heat of the moment' elbow check and a punch to the face. I think it was probably more the latter since the decision was made so quickly.

I agree there should be Video of it somewhere Hell every body and their brother has a Phone now. Im sure it will surface, Hope some one posts it when it do!

virginiasooner
6/30/2014, 03:43 PM
Maybe I missed it, but has this joker been ARRESTED?

KantoSooner
6/30/2014, 04:54 PM
They could arrest him if they have film or a complaint. My suspicion here is that, presuming the injured party agrees, they just let the dismissal from the team and expulsion from school be sufficient and save the good citizens the cost.
Oh, and probably have a suit from the DA's office go by and have a little chat with the lad letting him know that his next trip to Lubbock should be sometime after never.

8timechamps
6/30/2014, 05:23 PM
I agree there should be Video of it somewhere Hell every body and their brother has a Phone now. Im sure it will surface, Hope some one posts it when it do!

Oh, if there's video (and you and I both know there is...somewhere), it'll make it's way online. That's the world we live in now.

cvsooner
6/30/2014, 05:28 PM
Reportedly hit in the face, broke a bone, woman needs surgery. SMH.

http://lubbockonline.com/crime-and-courts/2014-06-28/battle-hit-face-tech-football-recruit#.U7Be241dVmo

stoopified
6/30/2014, 05:35 PM
Badj Ima Disagree, All joking aside. If Im attacked from behind and Hit upside the Head, Im going into Immediate Defense/attack mode! I am going to try to return attack with such Overwhelming force that whoever attacked me is rendered Unconscious or even dead Sorry thats just the way I was trained.

Simple way to NOT get hurt? Dont smack some one from behind.Exactly.I'm surein large part because I was always small and often(at least initially) a target for bullys ,I developed an instant response to any attack which is still ingrained in me.

soonergirlNeugene
6/30/2014, 06:55 PM
Exactly.I'm surein large part because I was always small and often(at least initially) a target for bullys ,I developed an instant response to any attack which is still ingrained in me.

Ok, so even assuming that this football player has developed a complex from being undersized and often targeted by bullies, it doesn't excuse his actions. If he's going to respond with violence anytime he feels threatened and this complex causes him to irrationally feel threatened, then he doesn't need to be on campus.

olevetonahill
6/30/2014, 07:07 PM
Ok, so even assuming that this football player has developed a complex from being undersized and often targeted by bullies, it doesn't excuse his actions. If he's going to respond with violence anytime he feels threatened and this complex causes him to irrationally feel threatened, then he doesn't need to be on campus.

Thats why he GONE Girl
Pay Tention :friendly_wink:

soonergirlNeugene
6/30/2014, 07:12 PM
Yeah, I've been doing a bit more reading on this and it seems like the decision was based on a zero tolerance policy at the TTU rec center. Any student who hits another student at the rec center is immediately kicked out of school there. Apparently students at the rec center are constantly reminded of this policy etc. Seems odd tbh

olevetonahill
6/30/2014, 07:20 PM
Yeah, I've been doing a bit more reading on this and it seems like the decision was based on a zero tolerance policy at the TTU rec center. Any student who hits another student at the rec center is immediately kicked out of school there. Apparently students at the rec center are constantly reminded of this policy etc. Seems odd tbh

I aint read much, But she hit Him 1st from what little i read . Did she get kicked also?

cvsooner
6/30/2014, 07:23 PM
This guy was guaranteed penalty flags per game, no doubt. Might even help Tech if he's gone.

Mazeppa
6/30/2014, 09:40 PM
Maybe I missed it, but has this joker been ARRESTED?

This just in:

Ex-Texas Tech player could face aggravated charge
6-29-14
AP - Sports

LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) -- A former Texas Tech football player faces felony assault charges after he was accused of hitting one of the school's women's basketball players at the university's recreation center.

A Texas Tech Police Department offense report released Monday accuses freshman Nigel Bethel II of ''causing serious bodily injury'' by hitting Amber Battles on Saturday. The one-page report states the attack included ''hands, fists, feet, etc.''

Efforts to reach Bethel were unsuccessful. The highly regarded defensive back from Miami was released from custody pending formal charges by the Lubbock County district attorney's office.

Bethel was dismissed from the football team on Sunday.

Athletics spokesman Blayne Beal said Bethel is being allowed to complete his summer school session.

Battle led the Lady Raiders last season with 16.4 points per game.

picasso
6/30/2014, 11:50 PM
Kinda Condescending and arrogant to say "you let" the girls shoot dont ya think?

Myself, If a girl or little kid wants to play me at anything they should get my best. That if they win then they earned it.
Not really. I had game back in the day.

olevetonahill
7/1/2014, 12:07 AM
Not really. I had game back in the day.

heh

Widescreen
7/1/2014, 07:29 AM
I aint read much, But she hit Him 1st from what little i read . Did she get kicked also?

Where did you read that? I haven't seen any articles that said she hit him.

olevetonahill
7/1/2014, 08:42 AM

Sompun said in the 1st posts, let me go look again

olevetonahill
7/1/2014, 08:44 AM
one of the comments said they thought she started it and threw some punches as well...honestly I could see that happening. I never condone violence towards women, BUT a dude has a right to defend himself...which I doubt he was doing that, just saying.

Guess it was in the comments from the article. Oh well

PrideMom
7/1/2014, 10:34 AM
You "men" are disgusting! Why using illiterate language and making "fun" of men hitting women as acceptable is deplorable. In fact, anyone hitting anyone is deplorable, it is also against the law: it is called assault and battery and is a felony. All of you need to GROW UP! There is something wrong here...when young men can think their behavior does not have consequences.

badger
7/1/2014, 10:51 AM
You "men" are disgusting! Why using illiterate language and making "fun" of men hitting women as acceptable is deplorable. In fact, anyone hitting anyone is deplorable, it is also against the law: it is called assault and battery and is a felony. All of you need to GROW UP! There is something wrong here...when young men can think their behavior does not have consequences.

While I agree with what you're saying, remember the forum you're saying it on: The Internet. A message board on the Internet. A college football fan site with a message board on the Internet.

I don't expect the language and tone here to ever be reasonable, mature, or within reason on most occasions. So please, don't be offended, don't be upset, and take what you read here with a grain of salt, because you're on the Internet, and a football fan message board at that.

their behavior does not have consequences
:D:D:D:D The consequence: Losing more football games, nyah nyah Tech so much for having a decent cornerback, nyah nyah

;)

PrideMom
7/1/2014, 10:56 AM
I know that I am on the internet, that is the reason some people need to know the influence of it. I do not accept condoning poor judgment anywhere, and making fun of a serious society problem is troubling.

KantoSooner
7/1/2014, 10:57 AM
What do you do when you know there is unjust behavior taking place in the world? Theoretically, we should all be taking up arms and boarding transport to NE Nigeria to kill every last Boko Haram member. That is what good people would do. That we do not is excuseable as impossible or at least impractical, but it's only an excuse.
Likewise with violence towards women. 'We' should hunt this twerp down and murder him. That's what a righteous person would do. We do not because we are members of a 'civilized' society (which literally means 'governed by common or 'civil' laws'). But our basic sense of morality is unaffected: we know our moral obligation. That we are forbidden to act upon it causes discomfort which is sometimes relieved through humor.
Don't get wrapped up in it, you're among friends.

cvsooner
7/1/2014, 11:40 AM
Now facing felony assault charges. There you go.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/30/dismissed-texas-tech-player-could-face-felony-charges/

picasso
7/1/2014, 12:13 PM
Don't they know he has a handsome coach in Klingleberry?

How dare they! Them.

badger
7/1/2014, 12:18 PM

Agree. It's offseason, relax a little. At least it's Tech's problem. If it was at OU, I think a little bit more anger would be justified. Instead, we can just wish that every grain of sand hits him directly in the eyes for all eternity, because Lubbock has no trees.

Don't they know he has a handsome coach in Klingleberry?
He was so dreamy in Remember the Titans. I'm gonna go listen to "Aint No Mountain" in Coach Gosling's honor

Jason White's Third Knee
7/1/2014, 12:36 PM
I reserve the right to laugh at anything I find amusing.

This guy's actions seem deplorable from the little that I know of the story. Making a joke out of it doesn't make it less wrong or more acceptable.

A joke is just that. Get pissed at the real offense, not a joke about it.

olevetonahill
7/1/2014, 12:48 PM

Quit yer bitchin and Get back in the Kitchen!

olevetonahill
7/1/2014, 12:50 PM
What do you do when you know there is unjust behavior taking place in the world? Theoretically, we should all be taking up arms and boarding transport to NE Nigeria to kill every last Boko Haram member. That is what good people would do. That we do not is excuseable as impossible or at least impractical, but it's only an excuse.
Likewise with violence towards women. 'We' should hunt this twerp down and murder him. That's what a righteous person would do. We do not because we are members of a 'civilized' society (which literally means 'governed by common or 'civil' laws'). But our basic sense of morality is unaffected: we know our moral obligation. That we are forbidden to act upon it causes discomfort which is sometimes relieved through humor.

No Kanto we Must not interfer . If some Dude is beatin the hell out of a sammich maker we must stand back and Let him cause for Us to use violence on said Maggot is Deplorable and a Felony.

badger
7/1/2014, 01:39 PM

In dishonor of Tech, I say she only be allowed to use whatever ingredients Tech fans are know to throw at each other/the field:

1- Tortillas
2- Batteries

Deep fry some R/C wheels on that and you've baked yourself a taco truck :P

Widescreen
7/1/2014, 01:43 PM

You sure are painting with a broad brush.

KantoSooner
7/1/2014, 02:05 PM
No Kanto we Must not interfer . If some Dude is beatin the hell out of a sammich maker we must stand back and Let him cause for Us to use violence on said Maggot is Deplorable and a Felony.

Felony, yes. Deplorable, no. The one and only time I actually saw a man slap 'his' woman was in a bar in Alaska. Very quickly, three other guys started beating the crap out of him. And most of the people in the bar were having a good old time laughing and watching this guy take a severe beating. Bar tender didn't stop it until one guy wanted to use a bar stool as a club. I think the barkeep was afraid his stool might get damaged.

Eielson
7/1/2014, 02:15 PM

How did you get out of the kitchen?

Aries
7/1/2014, 02:16 PM
You sure are painting with a broad brush.

No she's not, men are pigs. Even my wife says so. :)

Eielson
7/1/2014, 02:17 PM

Shucks. You beat me to it.

olevetonahill
7/1/2014, 03:37 PM
In dishonor of Tech, I say she only be allowed to use whatever ingredients Tech fans are know to throw at each other/the field:

1- Tortillas
2- Batteries

Deep fry some R/C wheels on that and you've baked yourself a taco truck :P

Heh

Soonerwake
7/1/2014, 10:07 PM
My wife has kicked my butt in basketball for years. Of course, she played college ball, and I, well, didn't.

badger
7/2/2014, 11:39 AM
No she's not, men are pigs. Even my wife says so. :)

Especially male pigs. Totes pigs.

NASH79
7/3/2014, 10:44 AM
Big question is if TT knew that the player wouldn't get a felony, would they have kept him?

cvsooner
7/3/2014, 11:44 AM
Sounds to me like the school's policy is pretty much set in stone; he was dismissed as immediately as possible. So I'd say the answer is 'no.'

PrideMom
7/3/2014, 11:48 AM
Committing a felony, what part of the word "jail" do you not understand?

olevetonahill
7/3/2014, 02:24 PM
Committing a felony, what part of the word "jail" do you not understand?

What part of the Justice system do YOU not understand? A felony does not necessarily mean Jail time. He could very well get say a 1 year Deferred whit it being able to be expunged from his record after that year!

8timechamps
7/3/2014, 04:23 PM
I know that I am on the internet, that is the reason some people need to know the influence of it. I do not accept condoning poor judgment anywhere, and making fun of a serious society problem is troubling.

Nobody that has posted in this thread is "condoning" his behavior (or that of anyone that promotes/perpetuates violence against women). You've been around here long enough (or I think you have) to know that some folks are trying to be funny. Take olevet for instance, I know for a fact that he deplores violence against women, so his comment was tongue in cheek.

Let's face it, the football board is DEAD this time of year, and it's the same folks that post here day after day (and have been for a while). I think you're venting on the wrong folks. In fact, I'd bet everyone on here supports your stance.

Like Kanto said, you're among friends here.

olevetonahill
7/5/2014, 05:27 PM
Nobody that has posted in this thread is "condoning" his behavior (or that of anyone that promotes/perpetuates violence against women). You've been around here long enough (or I think you have) to know that some folks are trying to be funny. Take olevet for instance, I know for a fact that he deplores violence against women, so his comment was tongue in cheek.

Let's face it, the football board is DEAD this time of year, and it's the same folks that post here day after day (and have been for a while). I think you're venting on the wrong folks. In fact, I'd bet everyone on here supports your stance.

Like Kanto said, you're among friends here.

Hey bro theres a Double standard at TT Man Hits a woman hes booted from the team. The woman says She fired 1st and only gets a Month suspension from the BB team. Its still up in the air if hes going to be charged according to this.

You got it right about Men beatin on wimmens, Im against it all the way. Yet if a Woman Strikes me shes taking a chance of sever retaliation. I hope I wouldnt respond but Thats a situation that depends on the circumstances at the time

Any way heres the latest on this TT Battlegate deal

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/05/womens-hoops-star-punched-by-dismissed-red-raider-signee-suspended-for-a-month/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

8timechamps
7/5/2014, 08:09 PM
Hey bro theres a Double standard at TT Man Hits a woman hes booted from the team. The woman says She fired 1st and only gets a Month suspension from the BB team. Its still up in the air if hes going to be charged according to this.

You got it right about Men beatin on wimmens, Im against it all the way. Yet if a Woman Strikes me shes taking a chance of sever retaliation. I hope I wouldnt respond but Thats a situation that depends on the circumstances at the time

Any way heres the latest on this TT Battlegate deal

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/05/womens-hoops-star-punched-by-dismissed-red-raider-signee-suspended-for-a-month/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Yeah, things aren't as "clear" now as they seemed when the story first broke (big surprise). It certainly seems odd that Battle (the woman) instigates the fight (with the first strike), and she is only suspended while Bethel is booted.

I think there's more to the story than we're hearing, so it's hard for me to know what to think. If she started it, and hit him, then she too deserves to be booted. I thought Tech had a "zero tolerance" policy?!

olevetonahill
7/5/2014, 08:16 PM
Yeah, things aren't as "clear" now as they seemed when the story first broke (big surprise). It certainly seems odd that Battle (the woman) instigates the fight (with the first strike), and she is only suspended while Bethel is booted.

I think there's more to the story than we're hearing, so it's hard for me to know what to think. If she started it, and hit him, then she too deserves to be booted. I thought Tech had a "zero tolerance" policy?!

I think their Zero tolerance is only For guys smackin wimmens. Not the other way around.

Wishboned
7/5/2014, 11:10 PM
They don't list her weight, but Battle is taller than Bethel. Bethel is listed at 173 lbs. So there's a good chance she outweighed him too.

yermom
7/6/2014, 08:22 AM
They don't list her weight, but Battle is taller than Bethel. Bethel is listed at 173 lbs. So there's a good chance she outweighed him too.

her bio says 5'9, like his does

i can't imagine her being more than 173 pounds, but i don't pay that much attention to the weights of female athletes. i'd think she'd have to be a tank to weigh that much

Wishboned
7/6/2014, 03:03 PM
her bio says 5'9, like his does

i can't imagine her being more than 173 pounds, but i don't pay that much attention to the weights of female athletes. i'd think she'd have to be a tank to weigh that much

Rivals says he's 5'8"

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Nigel-BethelII-141674

yermom
7/6/2014, 07:10 PM
he must have snuck in an inch on ESPN :D

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/130066/nigel-bethel-ii

Wishboned
7/7/2014, 02:23 AM
he must have snuck in an inch on ESPN :D

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/130066/nigel-bethel-ii

I guess he's still a growing boy. :)

Cajun
7/15/2014, 09:36 PM
Now all charges dropped wonder if he is reinstated

jkjsooner
7/16/2014, 01:47 PM
Here's the video.

http://www.kcbd.com/clip/10371847/ttu-surveillance-video-of-bethelbattle-incident

swardboy
7/16/2014, 02:04 PM
Her shot is obscured, but doesn't look very damaging. He could have left it at that and charged her, but NOOOO.

Widescreen
7/16/2014, 02:30 PM
seems pretty mild. he shouldn't have done it but the initial reports made it sound like he punched her and knocked her down and then started kicking her.

cvsooner
7/16/2014, 04:15 PM
News conference set by Tech in about a half hour from now, according to media reports.

olevetonahill
7/16/2014, 05:22 PM
News conference set by Tech in about a half hour from now, according to media reports.

I aint turning my TeeVee on fer it. keep us posted if ya will.

olevetonahill
7/16/2014, 05:23 PM
MHO is they need to boot the girl also or reinstate the punk.

cvsooner
7/16/2014, 06:06 PM
They chose the latter: reinstated him. So...he is suspended for 25 percent of the season (first three games) Central Arkansas, Arkansas and OSewe.

olevetonahill
7/16/2014, 06:16 PM
They chose the latter: reinstated him. So...he is suspended for 25 percent of the season (first three games) Central Arkansas, Arkansas and OSewe.

That chick needs the same.

cvsooner
7/16/2014, 06:41 PM
That chick needs the same.

Sorry, thought you knew that. She was/is also suspended for 25 percent of the season, the entire month of November. So...everyone can move on. 45 days to the start of the season.

olevetonahill
7/16/2014, 06:50 PM
Sorry, thought you knew that. She was/is also suspended for 25 percent of the season, the entire month of November. So...everyone can move on. 45 days to the start of the season.

Thanks, I hadnt followed it cause I really dint GAS LOL

8timechamps
7/16/2014, 07:46 PM
What a cluster**** by Tech.

Let me get this straight, there was enough video evidence of the incident to convince Tech to boot him out of school almost immediately. But now, all charges have been dropped and they're bringing him back?!

So much for all the Tech fans that were saying "we don't need a thug like that on the team" or "I'm proud of the school for acting swiftly on this!!!1!!!"

The first Tech fan that tries to talk trash about OU accepting DGB is going to get donkey kicked in the throat.

KantoSooner
7/17/2014, 08:10 AM
Treat Tech fans with kindness. They must live out their bleak lives associated with a second rate school located in an area that a more organized country would reserve for use as a penal colony.

Jacie
7/17/2014, 10:14 AM

So she is ineligible to play pick-up basketball for a month?

freshchris05
7/17/2014, 11:22 AM
Treat Tech fans with kindness. They must live out their bleak lives associated with a second rate school located in an area that a more organized country would reserve for use as a penal colony.

Boom.

badger
7/21/2014, 02:58 PM
Tech: Quick! We need a diversion from bad publicity! Kliff! Go pose with the cheerleaders!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtFMkvpCIAEiYse.jpg
Audience: He's young! He's Gosling! He's posing with college girls!

SoonerMarkVA
7/21/2014, 04:12 PM
A situation fittingly ridiculous for Tech.

BoulderSooner79
7/21/2014, 05:02 PM
Why does his shirt look wet? Spill his tippy-cup?

Dallas
7/21/2014, 08:40 PM
What part of the Justice system do YOU not understand? A felony does not necessarily mean Jail time. He could very well get say a 1 year Deferred whit it being able to be expunged from his record after that year!

Anyone posting w "pride" in the name is seriously letting me down in this thread.

Maybe SP asked his ma to sign up and help defend the women of the world?

badger
7/22/2014, 08:32 AM
Why does his shirt look wet? Spill his tippy-cup?

maybe his man nipples leak