PDA

View Full Version : Tell me who to vote for Tuesday

badger
6/20/2014, 12:31 PM
Here's my sample ballot. It's a Republican in Tulsa, woot woot for both!*

*I am affiliated with a party because unlike you "independents," I get to vote in an Oklahoma primary. Change the primaries to "open" and I'll join ya. Till then, nyah nyah I get to vote and you don't

Link (http://www.tulsacounty.org/Tulsacounty/sampleballots/2014/june24/17.pdf)

Effing hillbillies, here is what I need to pelt oranges at:
Governor: Dax Ewbank or Chad Moody?

Not voting for Fallin this primary, as I found her adamacy for lowering taxes when our state revenue was already falling to be highly questionable... and her vetoing was weird too. I may consider her when she inevitably makes it to November regardless of my misplaced voter angst.

Senate: Inhofe or one of the other four choices?

Is Inhofe getting too old for office? Even if he wasn't old, is he healthy enough to represent us another SIX years? I really wish he would retire... but I have no idea who the other four are.

Tulsa DA: Steve Kunzweiler or Fred Jordan?

Does anyone know anything about either? The third guy on the ballot has withdrawn already.

The rest I'm not seeking advice on, but I would welcome your opinion on who should replace Coburn (who's retiring) or if we need to vote Barresi out now or in November. I would totally do both if she made it past Tuesday

okie52
6/20/2014, 01:54 PM
Chad Moody is a good laugh in the primary but would bea bad joke in the general.

TAFBSooner
6/23/2014, 01:06 PM
Too Easy.

Shannon vs. Lankford. Go.

Sooner8th
6/23/2014, 01:31 PM
Here's my sample ballot. It's a Republican in Tulsa, woot woot for both!*

*I am affiliated with a party because unlike you "independents," I get to vote in an Oklahoma primary. Change the primaries to "open" and I'll join ya. Till then, nyah nyah I get to vote and you don't

Link (http://www.tulsacounty.org/Tulsacounty/sampleballots/2014/june24/17.pdf)

Effing hillbillies, here is what I need to pelt oranges at:
Governor: Dax Ewbank or Chad Moody?

Not voting for Fallin this primary, as I found her adamacy for lowering taxes when our state revenue was already falling to be highly questionable... and her vetoing was weird too. I may consider her when she inevitably makes it to November regardless of my misplaced voter angst.

Senate: Inhofe or one of the other four choices?

Is Inhofe getting too old for office? Even if he wasn't old, is he healthy enough to represent us another SIX years? I really wish he would retire... but I have no idea who the other four are.

Tulsa DA: Steve Kunzweiler or Fred Jordan?

Does anyone know anything about either? The third guy on the ballot has withdrawn already.

The rest I'm not seeking advice on, but I would welcome your opinion on who should replace Coburn (who's retiring) or if we need to vote Barresi out now or in November. I would totally do both if she made it past Tuesday

I thought this was a joke, but i see you're serious. You should not be allowed to vote, PERIOD. Ever again. Can't even think for yourself. Lemming - tell me who to vote for - typical conservative. WOW

TAFBSooner
6/23/2014, 01:43 PM
I thought this was a joke, but i see you're serious. You should not be allowed to vote, PERIOD. Ever again. Can't even think for yourself. Lemming - tell me who to vote for - typical conservative. WOW

WTF? Did she ever say she was going to vote for what people on this site said? She was starting a conversation, asking for opinions, maybe finding people in this small state who actually know some of the participants.

Hey, Soonerfans: plz don't judge liberals by this guy. kthx.

okie52
6/23/2014, 01:48 PM

So who are you voting for tomorrow 8th? I'm just guessing you won't be voting in the republican primaries.

MsProudSooner
6/23/2014, 01:56 PM
Vote for anyone other than Baressi in the State School Supt. race.

badger
6/23/2014, 02:23 PM
Oh yes, I've been given many reminders to do this over the past week or so.

As for asking for voting advice, I think it's perfectly fair. I do it in person pretty much every election --- do you know such-and-so? Have you worked with their law firm? Etc etc. I've been on this board a long time and have gotten to know posters outside of being anonymous usernames on the Internet, so it isn't like I'm casting a net into untrusted waters here.

I talked to a trusted person on the Tulsa DA race, and apparently, everyone trusts and endorses Fred Jordan among the law pros, so I'll go that route tomorrow. I have heard of Chad Moody more than Dax, but as I really don't know enough about either guy, I'll just the governor's place blank tomorrow. Not voting for Fallin this primary, even though I know she's a shoo-in. Her behavior this past legislative session was just too questionable. Oddly placed vetoes, the Common Core crap, etc.

Shannon vs. Lankford. Go.

I think TW Shannon and James Lankford would both be equally good candidates. I would be happy with either one winning. I am not sure why Randy Brogdon doesn't just drift off into the sunset, but choosing to lose elections is his personal prerogative, I guess.

I personally will be voting for TW Shannon unless I'm given a good reason not to. I know that he has establishment Republican support, but that in and of itself is not a good reason to vote for or against a candidate. I liked his leadership as Speaker of the House this past term, I think he would be good for Oklahoma and the Republican Party in the Senate. But Lankford would too, so more power to him if he wins.

I also applaud Tom Coburn for stepping in when big shadow donor outside groups decided to turn this campaign negative and gave both campaigns a tongue lashing. I wish he was running again, but respect his decision not to

okie52
6/23/2014, 02:41 PM
Oh yes, I've been given many reminders to do this over the past week or so.

As for asking for voting advice, I think it's perfectly fair. I do it in person pretty much every election --- do you know such-and-so? Have you worked with their law firm? Etc etc. I've been on this board a long time and have gotten to know posters outside of being anonymous usernames on the Internet, so it isn't like I'm casting a net into untrusted waters here.

I talked to a trusted person on the Tulsa DA race, and apparently, everyone trusts and endorses Fred Jordan among the law pros, so I'll go that route tomorrow. I have heard of Chad Moody more than Dax, but as I really don't know enough about either guy, I'll just the governor's place blank tomorrow. Not voting for Fallin this primary, even though I know she's a shoo-in. Her behavior this past legislative session was just too questionable. Oddly placed vetoes, the Common Core crap, etc.

I think TW Shannon and James Lankford would both be equally good candidates. I would be happy with either one winning. I am not sure why Randy Brogdon doesn't just drift off into the sunset, but choosing to lose elections is his personal prerogative, I guess.

I personally will be voting for TW Shannon unless I'm given a good reason not to. I know that he has establishment Republican support, but that in and of itself is not a good reason to vote for or against a candidate. I liked his leadership as Speaker of the House this past term, I think he would be good for Oklahoma and the Republican Party in the Senate. But Lankford would too, so more power to him if he wins.

I also applaud Tom Coburn for stepping in when big shadow donor outside groups decided to turn this campaign negative and gave both campaigns a tongue lashing. I wish he was running again, but respect his decision not to

I would say that Lankford has much more GOP establishment support than TW. The tribes are behind T W and that is uncommon for a pub. Ted Cruz and Palin don't usually stump for the GOP establishment candidates, either.

okie52
6/23/2014, 02:44 PM

I found it odd that Freda Deskin's ads were against Baressi and ignored her dem opponent in the primary (at least around the OKC area). She is one of the few dems I've seen on a statewide ballot mention that she was a dem...

Sooner8th
6/23/2014, 02:46 PM
WTF? Did she ever say she was going to vote for what people on this site said? She was starting a conversation, asking for opinions, maybe finding people in this small state who actually know some of the participants.

Hey, Soonerfans: plz don't judge liberals by this guy. kthx.

The title to the thead is

Tell me who to vote for Tuesday

Not give me your opinion, not what do you think about these guys but - Tell me who to vote for Tuesday.

You live in a world that you make up as you go.

There is nothing you will not stand up that another conservative says or does. If a dem did that you would have a fit.

olevetonahill
6/23/2014, 02:53 PM
The title to the thead is

Tell me who to vote for Tuesday

Not give me your opinion, not what do you think about these guys but - Tell me who to vote for Tuesday.

You live in a world that you make up as you go.

There is nothing you will not stand up that another conservative says or does. If a dem did that you would have a fit.

Ya ****in Moran TAFB is a Lib. Boy you got no sense. No sense atall!