PDA

View Full Version : House of Cards

8timechamps
6/18/2014, 10:17 PM
Just (finally) finished season 1, and I have to say it's the best TV series I've ever watched. Of course there are some reaching artistic liberties taken, but that kinda makes it even better.

I find myself pulling for Kevin Spacey's character (Frank Underwood), but he can be such a waste of life. Yet, I anxiously await the next episode just to see what he's going to do.

Very well made.

I will try to start Season 2 this weekend. Any word on a Season 3?

olevetonahill
6/19/2014, 12:13 AM
Never heard of it, whats it about?

Eielson
6/19/2014, 07:38 AM
Just (finally) finished season 1, and I have to say it's the best TV series I've ever watched. Of course there are some reaching artistic liberties taken, but that kinda makes it even better

I find myself pulling for Kevin Spacey's character (Frank Underwood), but he can be such a waste of life. Yet, I anxiously await the next episode just to see what he's going to do.

Very well made.

I will try to start Season 2 this weekend. Any word on a Season 3?

Honestly, I feel like Season 2 was better. That's when things really get going. I had a break of several months between seasons, though. It's dark and engaging enough that I needed that break, and I don't know if I could have watched both seasons back to back. Word of caution, though; once you start Season 2, there's no going back. I know they're doing a Season 3, and I'm thinking it will be released in February. I'm not sure if I heard February, or if I'm just thinking that because that's when the first two seasons were released.

Turd_Ferguson
6/19/2014, 07:56 AM
Looks like I'm gonna have to commandeer my kid's Wii.

achiro
6/19/2014, 08:16 AM
It's ok but no way I would say it's the best I've ever seen. Frankly it bored the hell out of me at times. I got few episodes into season 2 a couple months ago and just kind of walked away from it. I'm sure I'll finish it out at some point but there isn't anything "gripping" enough to make me rush back to it.

Turd_Ferguson
6/19/2014, 12:42 PM
I'm already on S1 E6...

8timechamps
6/20/2014, 07:44 PM
Never heard of it, whats it about?

Here's the "official" description:

A Congressman works with his equally conniving wife to exact revenge on the people who betrayed him.

It's about political power and the shady side of government, with a heavy dose of The Sopranos thrown in. There is a lot of fiction, but that's what makes it entertainment.

8timechamps
6/20/2014, 07:46 PM
It's ok but no way I would say it's the best I've ever seen. Frankly it bored the hell out of me at times. I got few episodes into season 2 a couple months ago and just kind of walked away from it. I'm sure I'll finish it out at some point but there isn't anything "gripping" enough to make me rush back to it.

It hits in my interest wheel-house. I've always been interested in the workings of the government (not so much the "official" dealings, but the side deals/lobbyist type stuff). If I didn't have that interest, it would probably be just another "okay" show. Plus, I've been a Spacey fan for a long time...and have a pretty big crush on Robin Wright.

Eielson
6/20/2014, 08:54 PM
It hits in my interest wheel-house. I've always been interested in the workings of the government (not so much the "official" dealings, but the side deals/lobbyist type stuff). If I didn't have that interest, it would probably be just another "okay" show. Plus, I've been a Spacey fan for a long time...and have a pretty big crush on Robin Wright.

I'm not attracted to Robin Wright, but Spacey's acting is near-perfection for this role. I'd probably (it's been a while since I've seen it) rank his acting above Denzel in Training Day, and that's say a lot from me.

achiro
6/21/2014, 08:20 AM
I completely agree about Spacey. He's awesome in the role(and it looks like the makers of the new Call of Duty agree). Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it most of the time and do plan on going back to it. Just saying it gets a bit slow at times.

Turd_Ferguson
6/21/2014, 04:49 PM
I'm at S2 E3 right now. I want to see Clair nekked.

Turd_Ferguson
6/22/2014, 04:11 PM
On S2 E12. Still ain't seen Claire nekked, but Kevin Spacey just went tri-saxual...

hawaii 5-0
6/22/2014, 09:26 PM
I know someone who knows him. He's ghey, not that there's anything wrong with that.

5-0

yankee
6/25/2014, 02:17 PM
An incredible show. Was the reason I got Netflix last year and I binge-watched season 2 when it came out in February in about 3 days.

TAFBSooner
7/8/2014, 04:15 PM
I think we took 4. Very compelling.

Eielson
7/8/2014, 10:59 PM
It took me a week for season 2. I had the whole week off, so I was pretty proud that it took me that long.