PDA

View Full Version : osu needs to upgrade their strength and conditioning program

Mazeppa
6/17/2014, 07:58 PM
This is just strange:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/report--oklahoma-state-wr-cameron-hunter-treated-and-released-after-alleged-stabbing--abduction-220515221.html

Wishboned
6/17/2014, 10:06 PM
Police said the victim reported a white male pulled him into a hunter green pickup after stabbing him sometime between 4:30 and 9 p.m. Monday on the 1100 block of South Ridge. The victim reported he was dumped at a location in southwest Stillwater.

That is a wide time frame.

And it seems that in Stillwater, crime, as well as the team, is on the rise.

Therealsouthsider
6/17/2014, 10:57 PM
...I never got an Orange alert

ss

CincySooner
6/18/2014, 08:18 AM
Ugh... I know he's a poke, but that sucks for this kid. I read a later report with more details that he was abducted at 5:30 pm... that's broad frikkin' daylight. That tells me this wasn't a wrong-place-wrong-time situation, which is usually the case when athletes are assaulted. To get kidnapped and cut up for money had to be terrifying. Hope they catch the creeps.

KantoSooner
6/18/2014, 08:24 AM
Innocent until proven guilty,
but,
where there's smoke, there's fire.

Seems like Pokey has some pretty serious character issues going down. Sure hope they're not fatal.

badger
6/18/2014, 08:35 AM
On top of that, they've had to deal with this early enrolling bozo (http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepage2/arrested-osu-running-back-suspended-in-for-distribution-of-child/article_8e107b19-bdaf-5f90-9c35-9513bd08fc51.html) who Gundy really needs to cut loose rather than have him be associated with OSU any longer.

Do you know why OSU stars like Dez need babysitters, or get indefinitely suspended like Blackmon in the NFL? Because every other program sees their red flags but only OSU will keep recruiting them despite all of the warning signs.

To their credit, they got one Gooner win in the past decade because of this recruiting policy. :stunned: [hairGel]

KantoSooner
6/18/2014, 08:59 AM
The growing thug culture in Stillie will ultimately come back to bite them in the azz. They would be far better advised to look to their wrestling and golf programs which, to the best of my knowledge, are quite clean and yet very competitive.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/18/2014, 12:36 PM
I'm a thinking that there is more to this story than what has been published...

badger
6/18/2014, 12:42 PM
I'm a thinking that there is more to this story than what has been published...

Or perhaps, everything in the infamous SI report, from the weed circle to the hot chicks luring recruits to campus, was all true and we just didn't believe it because it sounded too stupid, even for poke :stunned:

KantoSooner
6/18/2014, 01:15 PM
Let's see a show of hands: how many of you have been abducted and stabbed by total strangers in broad daylight? Ummmm <counts> that'd be none. zero. doesn't happen. When this kind of thing goes down, you can bet your very own money, quite safely, that the 'victim' was known to the 'perps'. And that there was more to the story.

CatfishSooner
6/18/2014, 09:45 PM
Let's see a show of hands: how many of you have been abducted and stabbed by total strangers in broad daylight? Ummmm <counts> that'd be none. zero. doesn't happen. When this kind of thing goes down, you can bet your very own money, quite safely, that the 'victim' was known to the 'perps'. And that there was more to the story.

Innocent until proven guilty... do you not agree with that?

8timechamps
6/18/2014, 10:03 PM
Shady charaters/Crime = Team on the rise.

This isn't exclusive to OSU. If you look at the stories surrounding teams that have been "on the rise" recently, it seems that the crime element is correlated to the increased number in the "W" column.

Look at TCU and Oregon as examples. These aren't traditionally great programs, yet they have improved significantly....and so has the frequency of stories surrounding players/crime.

Another reason why Stoops is the best coach in the country. We are very, very fortunate to have a coach that does it the right way...and has for a long time.

KantoSooner
6/19/2014, 07:19 AM
Innocent until proven guilty... do you not agree with that?

Absolutely. And I also believe that profiling leads to bad arrests.

Those two points notwithstanding, I'm not a court of law. I operate on common sense and my experiences. I've never once heard of someone snatched off the street, stabbed and then getting free without being involved in shady crap that brought it on. There are no doubt examples you could cite that would show that someone, somewhere had it happen. By their freak rareness, however, those examples would support the general presumption. Things like this don't happen to the innocent. Not under the law of averages.