PDA

View Full Version : Sporting News: OU vs UO for the National Championship

Mazeppa
6/16/2014, 08:58 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2014-06-16/bowl-projections-college-football-playoff-oregon-oklahoma-fsu-alabama-rose-sugar-bowl

TheUnnamedSooner
6/16/2014, 09:51 PM
Well, that was easy. Time for #9!!

Mazeppa
6/17/2014, 12:37 PM
DUCKS going down!

KantoSooner
6/17/2014, 12:54 PM
I'm still not convinced the ducks get by USC, UCLA, or Stanford (not that I'm sure how many of those they play this year, just that they may not be the class of the PAC12).

badger
6/17/2014, 01:05 PM
The trendy thing to do every year is pick two non-SEC teams to go to the title game. Last year it was us and Florida State, or USC and Florida State or Oregon and Florida State, or us and Oregon, etc etc etc.

We all know that the SEC will rig itself to get its champion in the title game before it would allow the same upsets you see if every other conference happen. Why else did the fighting Cam Newtons overcome a huge deficit against the Bammer Tiders and win to stay undefeated? Because chanting S-E-C isn't just what the fans do

Jacie
6/17/2014, 03:20 PM
Let me see if understand, Auburn over Bama was the result of a conspiracy?

KantoSooner
6/17/2014, 03:27 PM
Five Jews in Geneva, man.

They've been football fans since way back.

BoulderSooner79
6/17/2014, 03:42 PM
Let me see if understand, Auburn over Bama was the result of a conspiracy?

In the year that Auburn beat the Ducks? Yes, that's the stuff that conspiracies are made of. Bama had already lost and Auburn was the remaining SEC team with the highest odds of getting to the title game. Bama takes a 24-0 lead and Mark Ingram is in the middle of a big gainer when suddenly he fumbles through the endzone. Auburn rallies to win 28-27. Football can be weird, but dang was fishy.

The best way to extend the conspiracy belief is to have 2 SEC teams make the final 4 and then have them conveniently play each other in the first round to make sure one makes it to the final.

badger
6/17/2014, 03:58 PM
^^^this guy gets it. :D

Tin foil hat convention same time tomorrow? :P

KantoSooner
6/17/2014, 04:20 PM
I can almost smell the Rosecrucians.

Bastards

Widescreen
6/17/2014, 04:47 PM
Given that it's a 4-team playoff, the only way for a conference to "rig" their way to the championship game is if they somehow get 2 of their teams playing each other in a semi-final.