PDA

View Full Version : 2015 basketball commit 7 Foot Center, Akolda Manyang (Longar Longar's cousin)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/15/2014, 01:56 PM
http://thefootballbrainiacs.com/ou-oklahoma-sooners-basketball-recruiting-2015-akolda-manyang-lon-kruger

https://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1650693

http://oklahoma.scout.com/story/1411660-ou-lands-juco-center?s=146#/story/1411660-ou-lands-juco-center?s=146

birddog
7/7/2014, 06:48 PM
That's really cool. Lons prolly the classiest coach in OU hoops history. Great representative.

the_ouskull
7/18/2014, 11:08 AM
I hope he develops as a player while he's here. Maybe, since they're cousins, he and Longar won't have very much in common. That'd be cool. It's a good get for a team that needs size, I suppose.

The positives I see, aside from the size, of course, rest in that he only averaged about 13 minutes a game last season. So, he's getting those 9 points and 6 boards in about one half's worth of work. If it's a conditioning issue, that's EASILY corrected. If it's an issue with foul trouble, then that's also correctable, but not NEARLY as easily, given that, if he's having trouble fouling in JUCO... etc, etc. If he's able to give the team 25ish minutes of (relatively) error-free basketball (Longar wasn't as good a defensive player as people want to remember, and he was a turnover waiting to happen), he'll be an AMAZING pick-up for OU. Otherwise, he'll be another big body taking up bench space.

8timechamps
7/19/2014, 07:00 PM
I hope he develops as a player while he's here. Maybe, since they're cousins, he and Longar won't have very much in common. That'd be cool. It's a good get for a team that needs size, I suppose.

The positives I see, aside from the size, of course, rest in that he only averaged about 13 minutes a game last season. So, he's getting those 9 points and 6 boards in about one half's worth of work. If it's a conditioning issue, that's EASILY corrected. If it's an issue with foul trouble, then that's also correctable, but not NEARLY as easily, given that, if he's having trouble fouling in JUCO... etc, etc. If he's able to give the team 25ish minutes of (relatively) error-free basketball (Longar wasn't as good a defensive player as people want to remember, and he was a turnover waiting to happen), he'll be an AMAZING pick-up for OU. Otherwise, he'll be another big body taking up bench space.

I was never a huge Longar fan, but he had his moments. Anyway, I don't see a lot of correlation is Longar's game and Manyang's (from what little film I've seen). I doubt he'll see the court his freshman year, but it looks like he could work his way into a solid role player. He says the right things (that he wants to play great defense). Hopefully, he'll be a good addition to the size we've started getting.

birddog
7/21/2014, 09:47 PM
Hes rated the number 1 juco. Add in his size and potential to develop and I find it hard to believe he'll be just a big body taking up bench space. If he could start at center, Spangler at the 4, and hield, cousinsWoodward and co improve, I think Lon can put something together thatll make each game fun to watch and give us a real chance to do some damage when n it counts

Eielson
8/5/2014, 02:00 PM
Considering the players we've had in the frontcourt not named Osby since Blake left, I would gladly take a Longar Longar right now. Hoping for a Thabeet.