PDA

View Full Version : "Computer Glitch" erased all of Lois Lerners emails...

Turd_Ferguson
6/13/2014, 08:32 PM
Just the ones to outside agency's that is...:friendly_wink:

Most news watchers are familiar with the Friday afternoon document dumps, but the IRS seems to have gone one step further. Buried in a letter on another topic they revealed that two years worth of Lois Lerner's emails are gone, conveniently erasing any record of contacts she might have had with the White House, FEC or Democrats on Capitol Hill during the timeframe when the IRS was improperly targeting conservative groups for scrutiny. House Committee on Ways and Means chairman Dave Camp revealed today (http://waysandmeans.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=384506) that he has been informed by the IRS that Lois Lerner's emails between Jan. 2009 and April 2011 have been lost "due to a supposed computer crash." The IRS says the crash destroyed all of Lerner's emails to outside agencies such as, for instance, the White House. Emails sent within the IRS are unaffected.
Camp said of the revelation, "The fact that I am just learning about this, over a year into the investigation, is completely unacceptable and now calls into question the credibility of the IRS’s response to Congressional inquiries. There needs to be an immediate investigation and forensic audit by Department of Justice as well as the Inspector General."
Oversight Subcommittee Chairman Charles Boustany questioned the timing of the news, "In the course of the Committee's investigation, the Administration repeatedly claimed we were getting access to all relevant IRS documents. Only now - thirteen months into the investigation - the IRS reveals that key emails from the time of the targeting have been lost. And they bury that fact deep in an unrelated letter on a Friday afternoon. In that same letter, they urge Congress to end the investigations into IRS wrongdoing. This is not the transparency promised to the American people. If there is no smidgeon of corruption what is the Administration hiding?"
Boustany is referring to an interview President Obama gave to Bill O'Reilly prior to the Superbowl in which the President claimed (http://thehill.com/policy/finance/197224-obama-not-a-smidgen-of-corruption-behind-irs-targeting) there was not even "a smidgen" of corruption at the IRS. According to the IG report issued last year, the IRS did improperly target conservative groups beginning in early 2010 and held up 501(c)(4) applications for the groups in question until May of 2012.
Lerner, who ran the IRS' exempt organizations division, asserted her 5th amendment right not to testify about the situation last year. The House committee decided she had effectively waived her right by giving a statement proclaiming her innocence and, after she once again refused to testify, voted in May (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2014/05/07/house-votes-to-hold-lois-lerner-in-contempt-of-congress/) to hold her in contempt. Lerner retired (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/23/lois-lerner-retires_n_3976663.html) from her position at the IRS last year.

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2014/06/13/IRS-Lois-Lerner-s-Emails-to-Outside-Agencies-Are-Gone

olevetonahill
6/13/2014, 09:05 PM
And Ive got some Ocean Front Property in Arizona!

okie52
6/14/2014, 09:06 AM
The most open and transparent government in history

REDREX
6/14/2014, 09:48 AM
Obama is much better than Nixon at covering his tracks

hawaii 5-0
6/14/2014, 01:06 PM
How convenient for Lerner.

Guess they're back behind that file cabinet with Obama's birth certificate.

5-0

champions77
6/14/2014, 02:16 PM
How predictable.

Keep hoping someone in this Administration will have some conscience and step forward with the "dirt" on this band of tyrants.

ouwasp
6/18/2014, 01:02 AM
If this sort of crap happened during a GOP administration, DC would be a withering firestorm. And the Mainstream Media would be eagerly pumping high-octane fuel into it.

As it is, the nation just shrugs its shoulders and half-heartedly tries to recall who Lerner is...

TheHumanAlphabet
6/18/2014, 12:24 PM
And 6 others... yeah right! Subpoena everyone and everything...

Sooner in Tampa
6/18/2014, 12:42 PM
Hmmm...there seems to be a serious absence of Oblamer supports lately...

olevetonahill
6/18/2014, 01:06 PM
Hmmm...there seems to be a serious absence of Oblamer supports lately...

They are Fading away

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/poll-disaster-obama-114026503.html;_ylt=A0LEV1kF1aFThDEADZJXNyoA;_ylu= X3oDMTByaHEyNGMxBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1VJQz FfMQ--

TAFBSooner
6/18/2014, 01:20 PM
How predictable.

Keep hoping someone in this Administration will have some conscience and step forward with the "dirt" on this band of tyrants.

I nominate Edward Snowden. I'm more worried about the permanent band of tyrants than the 8-years-and-out batch.

TAFBSooner
6/18/2014, 01:50 PM
How predictable.

Apologies for the double-post.

dwarthog
6/19/2014, 09:14 AM
Obama is much better than Nixon at covering his tracks

This!

Lessons learned and appropriate mitigations in place to ensure that tracks left behind "disappear" when necessary.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/19/2014, 09:29 AM
You know, if this were my employer or any other major company, this would not have happened. People would be fired, and I bet charges filed for destruction of evidence or property...

This admin will go to any length to hide the truth and progress the Communist agenda.

champions77
6/20/2014, 06:26 PM
Based on how this President has attacked his adversaries, many times calling out the individual by name in the past, the mo for the IRS scandal looks exactly like something BHO would do. I think this scandal goes to the very top. How could I come to any other conclusion? He's violated the US Constitution more than once, and has been caught lying on many occasions. Does anyone think his moral compass would prohibit him from doing this?

olevetonahill
6/20/2014, 06:40 PM
Based on how this President has attacked his adversaries, many times calling out the individual by name in the past, the mo for the IRS scandal looks exactly like something BHO would do. I think this scandal goes to the very top. How could I come to any other conclusion? He's violated the US Constitution more than once, and has been caught lying on many occasions. Does anyone think his moral compass would prohibit him from doing this?

What "Moral Compass"?

8timechamps
6/20/2014, 07:33 PM
I keep waiting for the public outcry over this. I realize that there is a segment of this country that will never see fault with anything Obama related, but I keep thinking this will become a bigger public issue.

I suspect the GOP is going to unload the full arsenal come election time. Then maybe the outrage will be a little more widespread.

Then again, I think, sadly, a lot of American's are just clueless and don't care.

This is like a Hollywood movie. It'd almost be comical if it wasn't so disappointing and maddening.

champions77
6/21/2014, 10:43 AM
Most Administrations seem to do some things well, some things ok and some things poorly. Is there any facet of this Administration that has been done well?
Probably the most troubling is the fact that this man was re-elected. It will go down as the most inept, corrupt and incompetent Administration in history. Question is can we survive the next two plus years? You have to think that what we know today is probably only a fraction of the malfeasance that has actually occurred.

Sooner8th
6/21/2014, 05:27 PM
If this sort of crap happened during a GOP administration, DC would be a withering firestorm. And the Mainstream Media would be eagerly pumping high-octane fuel into it.

As it is, the nation just shrugs its shoulders and half-heartedly tries to recall who Lerner is...

You guys really are something else.

White House: Millions of e-mails may be missing
POSTED: 7:07 p.m. EDT, April 13, 2007

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Millions of White House e-mails may be missing, White House spokeswoman Dana Perino acknowledged Friday.

"I wouldn't rule out that there were a potential 5 million e-mails lost," Perino told reporters.

The administration was already facing sharp questions about whether top presidential advisers including Karl Rove improperly used Republican National Committee e-mail that the White House said later disappeared.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/04/13/white.house.email/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

They were found in 2009 AFTER Obama took office. Just wait - maybe they'll turn up after Hilary takes office.

Turd_Ferguson
6/21/2014, 05:42 PM
Obamas dong, down my throat
My stomach, he sure does bloat
I'll stick with him through thick and thin
Cause I sure do love his balls on my chin

Nice poem, Spanky.

olevetonahill
6/21/2014, 06:15 PM

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Millions of White House e-mails may be missing, White House spokeswoman Dana Perino acknowledged Friday.

"I wouldn't rule out that there were a potential 5 million e-mails lost," Perino told reporters.

The administration was already facing sharp questions about whether top presidential advisers including Karl Rove improperly used Republican National Committee e-mail that the White House said later disappeared.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/04/13/white.house.email/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

They were found in 2009 AFTER Obama took office. Just wait - maybe they'll turn up after Hilary takes office.

MAY BE, Get it? MAY BE!!! Why you always want to Bring Bush up When ever yer Boy Obammy starts gettin his tit in a wringer?
You sir a ****in MORAN!

diverdog
6/21/2014, 07:42 PM
You know, if this were my employer or any other major company, this would not have happened. People would be fired, and I bet charges filed for destruction of evidence or property...

This admin will go to any length to hide the truth and progress the Communist agenda.

Seriously? Corporations shred all the time.

Turd_Ferguson
6/21/2014, 08:00 PM

Government isn't an corporation...spanky.

olevetonahill
6/21/2014, 10:47 PM

This **** wasnt Shredded Bro! It was a Lot worse than the Nixon Tapes . These arseholes decided that 8 Computers Hard drives had to crash ! Go figure!

Sooner8th
6/22/2014, 08:26 AM
MAY BE, Get it? MAY BE!!! Why you always want to Bring Bush up When ever yer Boy Obammy starts gettin his tit in a wringer?
You sir a ****in MORAN!

Just showing you and yours hypocrisy. EVERY time some dumbass rightwing website screams OUTRAGE you people run to grab your torches and pitchforks while you scream this is as bad a watergate! I just show you that your people did the same damn thing and nothing was said by you and yours.

Get a grip.

BigTip
6/22/2014, 08:35 AM
Probably the most troubling is the fact that this man was re-elected. It will go down as the most inept, corrupt and incompetent Administration in history. Question is can we survive the next two plus years? You have to think that what we know today is probably only a fraction of the malfeasance that has actually occurred.

I could have written this post.
I told people that if he got re-elected, that it was the beginning of the end of the USA, and I would sell my business in preparation. So I did. Not the only reason of course, but part of it.

The most extraordinary thing about it all is how he doesn't even care to hide his lying. "I am breaking the law and what are you going to do about it, huh?"
I just hope he will leave office after his term instead of issuing a edict naming himself president for life. If he did, it would probably be only the second story on the news that night. Right after news of the latest Kardashian wedding or baby.

Sooner8th
6/22/2014, 10:08 AM
I could have written this post.
I told people that if he got re-elected, that it was the beginning of the end of the USA, and I would sell my business in preparation. So I did. Not the only reason of course, but part of it.

The most extraordinary thing about it all is how he doesn't even care to hide his lying. "I am breaking the law and what are you going to do about it, huh?"
I just hope he will leave office after his term instead of issuing a edict naming himself president for life. If he did, it would probably be only the second story on the news that night. Right after news of the latest Kardashian wedding or baby.

The beginning of the end of this country was when you guys voted bush in twice. Obama has pulled our asses out of the bush lit fire.

You sold your business in part because obama got reelected? And now you are worried he will name himself president for life? You really need to stop watch fox and cruising rightwing websites.

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Double_399996_1614105.jpg

REDREX
6/22/2014, 01:26 PM
Seriously? Corporations shred all the time.----YEP and if they do with material under subpoena someone goes to jail-----Think that will happen here?

SoonerorLater
6/22/2014, 02:14 PM
Just showing you and yours hypocrisy. EVERY time some dumbass rightwing website screams OUTRAGE you people run to grab your torches and pitchforks while you scream this is as bad a watergate! I just show you that your people did the same damn thing and nothing was said by you and yours.

Get a grip.

You mean like what you are doing right now?

SCOUT
6/22/2014, 11:37 PM

Were those emails under subpoena? But, more to the point of hypocrisy, is the "liberal watchdog group, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW)" investigating the IRS scandal? I mean surely if you are going to link an article claiming hypocrisy, you would pick one that wasn't based on a partisan attack, right?

Curly Bill
6/22/2014, 11:42 PM
I keep waiting for the public outcry over this. I realize that there is a segment of this country that will never see fault with anything Obama related, but I keep thinking this will become a bigger public issue.

I suspect the GOP is going to unload the full arsenal come election time. Then maybe the outrage will be a little more widespread.

Then again, I think, sadly, a lot of American's are just clueless and don't care.

This is like a Hollywood movie. It'd almost be comical if it wasn't so disappointing and maddening.

Nailed it! A large portion of Americans are just too damn stupid to understand the bigger issues going on around them.

olevetonahill
6/22/2014, 11:48 PM
Yall do realize Matlock the 8th just cruises by from time to time to rattle a few cages . Ignore his dumas and maybe he will fade away like the others before him.

Curly Bill
6/23/2014, 12:02 AM
Yall do realize Matlock the 8th just cruises by from time to time to rattle a few cages . Ignore his dumas and maybe he will fade away like the others before him.

Yep! Why anyone would try to argue with him is beyond my understanding. Some people choose to be losers, to think like a loser, or profess some belief in a loser ideology, and while we should be allowed to exterminate these people for the good of us all, since that is currently forbidden they should be shunned as losers.

That being said: Does anyone think this little beta male had his a** beat regularly growing up? You know, the kind of little dip**** that upon sight most of the other 12-year old boys just couldn't help but give him an a**-whoopin?

TheHumanAlphabet
6/23/2014, 09:10 AM

They shred on a planned policy basis. Not when there has been legal action or threat of legal action. My emails are on save because I have a legal hold for some case I will likely never hear about or be deposed, I just had some work effort in an area of the suit. I am under penalty if I delete those emails. They are stored elsewhere and could be retrieved if needed.

The IRS and Lerner and minions deliberately sabotaged the emails to hide their nefarious activities.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/23/2014, 09:13 AM
Nailed it! A large portion of Americans are just too damn stupid to understand the bigger issues going on around them.

Idiocracy... Watch it! "heh, heh, heh...I like money..." "Brando, its got electrolytes..."