PDA

View Full Version : Happy Times

TAFBSooner
6/10/2014, 08:38 AM
Fourth anniversary of USC's latest sanctions!

http://www.newsok.com/sportsarrogance-played-a-large-role-in-uscs-downfall/article/3467740?custom_click=headlines_widget

“To knock a thing down, especially if it is cocked at an arrogant angle, is a deep delight of the blood.”

KantoSooner
6/10/2014, 09:51 AM
USC's might be the most obnoxious fan base in the world.

TAFBSooner
6/10/2014, 09:56 AM
USC's might be the most obnoxious fan base in the world.

I won't say that Pete Carrol is the most obnoxious coach in the world. That would be Les than true.

But because of him I rooted for tu for an hour or so in January of 2006. I'm still ashamed.

sooneron
6/10/2014, 10:35 AM
It couldn't have happened to a bigger bunch of *********s.

Mazeppa
6/10/2014, 08:40 PM
I won't say that Pete Carrol is the most obnoxious coach in the world. That would be Les than true.

But because of him I rooted for tu for an hour or so in January of 2006. I'm still ashamed.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/06/pete-carroll-usc-seattle-seahawks-stayed-map

Mazeppa
6/10/2014, 08:43 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000356721/article/pete-carroll-wouldve-stayed-at-usc-had-he-known-sanctions?campaign=Twitter_nfl_cb

REDREX
6/10/2014, 09:41 PM
USC's might be the most obnoxious fan base in the world.----No that would be LSU

Curly Bill
6/10/2014, 10:08 PM
I live in Texas so obviously the most annoying fan base is the whorns.

....and for never having done anything Texas Tech fans are pretty damn annoying.

8timechamps
6/10/2014, 11:19 PM
I live in Texas so obviously the most annoying fan base is the whorns.

....and for never having done anything Texas Tech fans are pretty damn annoying.

No ****, at least Texas, USC & the Notre Dame fans of the world have some kind of history to fall back on, the Tech fans are every bit as obnoxious but with nothing to back it up. They can't even claim their city is "beautiful" (I'm not trying to knock any Sooner that lives there, but let's face it, it's not beautiful).

KantoSooner
6/11/2014, 08:47 AM
Hey! Lubbock is more beautiful-er than Odessa (Texas, not Ukraine).

TAFBSooner
6/11/2014, 01:01 PM
Hey! Lubbock is more beautiful-er than Odessa (Texas, not Ukraine).

That may be semantically correct, but it would be more meaningful to say "less ugly."

TAFBSooner
6/11/2014, 01:07 PM
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/06/pete-carroll-usc-seattle-seahawks-stayed-map

To win an NCAA championship and a Super Bowl ring, you have to either be from Oklahoma or come through Oklahoma. Far from being the best thing about OU, but it sure beats being from Directional State U.

KantoSooner
6/11/2014, 02:38 PM
I think it would be more fair to simply create a category and call it, say, 'West Texas'. Then you'd throw into that category Lubbock, Amarillo, Odessa, El Paso, etc, etc and could debate their relative levels and layers of suckitude, failure, mind numbing dreariness and general hell-hole-like, living-death situations.
Because forcing any one of them to run against, oh, I don't know, Tupelo, Compton, Trenton, Pueblo, West Memphis, Gary or the like puts them at an unfair disadvantage.

Curly Bill
6/11/2014, 09:51 PM
No ****, at least Texas, USC & the Notre Dame fans of the world have some kind of history to fall back on, the Tech fans are every bit as obnoxious but with nothing to back it up. They can't even claim their city is "beautiful" (I'm not trying to knock any Sooner that lives there, but let's face it, it's not beautiful).

I've spent time out in West Texas - Amarillo I don't mind so bad, actually kinda like it there, but Lubbock is the total suckitude!

8timechamps
6/11/2014, 10:40 PM
I've spent time out in West Texas - Amarillo I don't mind so bad, actually kinda like it there, but Lubbock is the total suckitude!

I lived in Amarillo for a couple of years, and ended up really enjoying the town. I've been to/through Lubbock more times than I can remember, and it sucked every time.

Living in Denver now, I'm kinda spoiled, but there are plenty of terrible places here too. Pueblo may be on par with Lubbock....the only difference is that you can sometimes see the Mountains from Pueblo.

Curly Bill
6/14/2014, 11:16 PM
I lived in Amarillo for a couple of years, and ended up really enjoying the town. I've been to/through Lubbock more times than I can remember, and it sucked every time.

Living in Denver now, I'm kinda spoiled, but there are plenty of terrible places here too. Pueblo may be on par with Lubbock....the only difference is that you can sometimes see the Mountains from Pueblo.

In Lubbock you can sometimes see a mountain of sand coming at you! ;)