PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of ticket sales, your single game ticket prices for the upcoming fb season

nativesooner
6/9/2014, 10:37 PM
These are the prices printed on the tickets.... not what they're actually worth....

Louisiana Tech - $55 ea
Tennessee - $105 ea
*Texas - $125 ea
Kansas State - $ 85 ea
Baylor - $85 ea
Kansas - $65 ea
OSU - $105 ea

LA.SoonerFan
6/9/2014, 11:44 PM
That means I will have to pay around $120 per ticket for a decent seat for the first game.

ouwasp
6/9/2014, 11:48 PM
At what point will Sooner ticket prices decrease? Will it take an 8-4, 7-5 sort of season to do that?

nativesooner
6/10/2014, 10:49 AM
At what point will Sooner ticket prices decrease? Will it take an 8-4, 7-5 sort of season to do that?

I really don't see it happening... maybe level off at some point? But if we keep winning 10 games a year, which I'd love for us to do, they'll keep going up and up.

Salt City Sooner
6/11/2014, 12:44 AM
When a certain hot, fiery place freezes over. Remember last year when they made such a big deal about the price of season tix being the same as the year before? I'd be more than willing to bet that that's as close as you're going to get to a reduction.

nighttrain12
6/11/2014, 01:06 AM
These are the prices printed on the tickets.... not what they're actually worth....

Louisiana Tech - $55 ea
Tennessee - $105 ea
*Texas - $125 ea
Kansas State - $ 85 ea
Baylor - $85 ea
Kansas - $65 ea
OSU - $105 ea

$55 = 'crap game'. Looks like I will be spending $230 this season (Texas + OSU games) and watching the rest on TV (unless the first one is PPV only in which case I will listen on the radio).

vtsooner21
6/11/2014, 06:00 AM
Hmmmm..... At least $210 for the Tennessee game as I'm bringing my son to his first ever Sooner game. Airline tickets, rental car, place to stay, ouch! The experience: Priceless!!!

Boomer

PrideMom
6/11/2014, 09:25 AM
Only 6 home games, so of course, it is expensive. But I always think it is worth it! If you look at the venue as an ALL DAY activity, then it isn't so bad. Look what it costs to go to a first run movie, and that is only for 2 hours. If you want to go to a cheap football game, pick a loser school.........

nativesooner
6/11/2014, 10:36 AM
most of those games will go for half of face on game day... Minus the orange teams of course. :)

KantoSooner
6/11/2014, 10:40 AM
It is, of course, an all day activity. But the University could do more to 'flesh out' the experience.
I'm thinking mimes.
And I'm surprised that I'm the first.
You're welcome.

8timechamps
6/11/2014, 10:44 PM
I recently saw where OU's cheapest (the price you would have to pay now, not the price printed on the ticket) home game was more expensive than 95% of the other Big XII's most expensive home games.

The cheapest tickets available (on StubHub) for the Tennessee game start at $156 right now. Going to Sooner games ain't cheap, but DAMN, it's so worth it!

8timechamps
6/11/2014, 10:45 PM
It is, of course, an all day activity. But the University could do more to 'flesh out' the experience.
I'm thinking mimes.
And I'm surprised that I'm the first.
You're welcome.

Mimes are so 80's. I'm thinking live big cats, roaming free in and around the stadium, with the occasional rabid monkey in the concession area. THAT would be a good time for the whole family!

8timechamps
6/11/2014, 10:48 PM
Hmmmm..... At least $210 for the Tennessee game as I'm bringing my son to his first ever Sooner game. Airline tickets, rental car, place to stay, ouch! The experience: Priceless!!!

Boomer

Check out StubHub (they seem to be a little cheaper than $210).

I bring my boys back to Norman every year for one game, and StubHub has always been really reliable. Of course, you can wait until the week prior to the game and probably find cheaper seats, but coming from out of town, I need to have that taken care of ahead of time (sounds like you do too).

My best memory of being at a Sooner game was watching my son's attend their first games. It's like being there for the first time all over again.

yermom
6/11/2014, 11:27 PM
with very few exceptions, tickets are less than face at the game

i only started paying face when i got season tickets

i mainly get them through OU to make getting there less of a hassle on gameday and to get priority points for Texas and bowl games.

it paid off immensely this last year in New Orleans...

on the other hand, they are offering Texas tickets now to season ticket holders if you buy more tickets to some of the home games. i don't remember seeing them do that, ever.

vtsooner21
6/12/2014, 05:21 AM
8timechamps- Can't wait to see my son's expressions at the game...As I've said, no matter the costs, priceless! Can't agree with you more and your lifetime memories!

Boomer

JIJohnson
6/12/2014, 10:30 AM
I'm also a season ticket holder. This season, I will have 4 extra tickets (2 pairs) for both the opening game vs. Louisiana Tech on 8/30/14 and vs. Kansas on 11/22/14. I'd like to sell them to recoup some or all of the face value that I paid to O.U. Please reply if interested. All 4 tickets for both games are in Section 39, Row 52. Thanks.

salth2o
6/12/2014, 12:39 PM
Mimes are so 80's. I'm thinking live big cats, roaming free in and around the stadium, with the occasional rabid monkey in the concession area. THAT would be a good time for the whole family!

Jackie Moon, promoter extraordinaire, hosted some bear rasslin'. There was some collateral damage, but all-in-all it looked like fun.

KantoSooner
6/12/2014, 01:56 PM

I was being genteel.
Given my d'ruthers, I'd opt for full contact team sword fighting. Messy, but, hell, it worked for the Romans. And we can keep the big cats and rabid smaller animals out there with the sword fighters to add to the chaos.
Let's just make sure Joe C allows slave girls to keep our wine cups full.

8timechamps
6/12/2014, 05:34 PM
Jackie Moon, promoter extraordinaire, hosted some bear rasslin'. There was some collateral damage, but all-in-all it looked like fun.

Jackie Moon could definitely hype up halftime. I wonder if the players would have an issue wearing eyeliner...

8timechamps
6/12/2014, 05:36 PM
I was being genteel.
Given my d'ruthers, I'd opt for full contact team sword fighting. Messy, but, hell, it worked for the Romans. And we can keep the big cats and rabid smaller animals out there with the sword fighters to add to the chaos.
Let's just make sure Joe C allows slave girls to keep our wine cups full.

Since they're thinking about throwing a few hundred million into the stadium anyway, I'd be all for a Roman architecture makeover. Complete with pits dug into the ground covered with trap doors...which could come in hand when the opposition breaks a big play.

salth2o
6/12/2014, 09:07 PM
Since they're thinking about throwing a few hundred million into the stadium anyway, I'd be all for a Roman architecture makeover. Complete with pits dug into the ground covered with trap doors...which could come in hand when the opposition breaks a big play.

Are you Jackie Moon? That is genius!

KantoSooner
6/13/2014, 08:28 AM

And water! You could suddenly flood the arena with water and keep the game going! Home field advantage X 1,000,000!

HoserSooner
6/17/2014, 03:28 PM
Question regarding away games - how do they handle tickets for these games? Seriously considering driving down to Morgantown for the game this year, after having such a blast last year in South Bend. Would rather sit WITH OU fans this time round mind you, and wondering what the process is.

badger
6/17/2014, 03:57 PM
College football ticket prices were once so affordable that season ticket holders could scalp a profit for even the most absurd non-conference matchup. Then, colleges decided to do everything we hate about the pros --- added costs above face value (which also is always rising) to the point that even if you resell your ticket for face value, you're taking a loss on the sale.

Sometimes I think student apathy is about the lazy entitlement and apathy that you expect among young folks (always a sign that you're getting old, when you think people younger than you are lazy, entitled and apathetic, lol). Maybe they're just getting priced out like the rest of us (not just tickets, but expensive concessions that don't even include alcohol, plus more ads than an average TV timeout from every direction).

KantoSooner
6/17/2014, 04:24 PM
Not saying it should have stayed like this, but I have a ticket stub booklet from the early 1950's when my grandfather had season tickets. Texas, was, I recall, $5, the other games were like $2.00 to $2.50.
Even with inflation, that was a deal!

yermom
6/17/2014, 07:24 PM
Question regarding away games - how do they handle tickets for these games? Seriously considering driving down to Morgantown for the game this year, after having such a blast last year in South Bend. Would rather sit WITH OU fans this time round mind you, and wondering what the process is.

i doubt they will sell out, and you could get them from OU if you tried. it really shouldn't be that hard to find OU seats at the stadium either, but some people don't have the stomach for that :)

nativesooner
6/22/2014, 09:58 PM

Your best bet for this is to search the ticket boards. About a month before the game, the OU folks that won't make it will gladly sell you their tickets for face or less.

JIJohnson
6/23/2014, 11:18 AM
I've had no action on this board concerning the sale of my extra tickets. It looks like I may still have a pair of tickets available to sell for the 11/22/14 game vs. Kansas. Here's my question though: Is there a different board or forum here in Soonerfans.com that I should be posting these tickets for sale? Your response is appreciated. Boomer Sooner!!

yermom
6/23/2014, 08:16 PM
try here:

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?7-Sooner-Swap

not sure if you need more posts to start a thread though

you might have better luck on stubhub or ebay...

tycat947
6/23/2014, 11:48 PM
Wait til they spend $400M on stadium expansion/upgrade and weight/academic facilities and you'll think these tickets were cheap! The demand IS great and that's why they are able to have high ticket prices.

Curly Bill
6/24/2014, 12:13 AM
My recliner is waaaaay too comfortable, and my TV waaaaay too nice to shell out big bucks for tickets!

...just sayin

Sooner24
6/24/2014, 08:29 AM
with very few exceptions, tickets are less than face at the game

i only started paying face when i got season tickets

i mainly get them through OU to make getting there less of a hassle on gameday and to get priority points for Texas and bowl games.

it paid off immensely this last year in New Orleans...

on the other hand, they are offering Texas tickets now to season ticket holders if you buy more tickets to some of the home games.i don't remember seeing them do that, ever.

Yeah and they were still available for five days. I guess they decided to package them with other home game tickets instead of selling them to people that work to get enough priority points to get them.