PDA

View Full Version : Rodney Anderson RB new commit

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/8/2014, 01:57 PM
http://oklahoma.scout.com/a.z?s=146&p=9&c=8&toinid=667&yr=2015#/a.z?s=146&p=9&c=8&toinid=667&yr=2015

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Rodney-Anderson-131968

8timechamps
6/8/2014, 04:16 PM
I think we'll take another RB, but Anderson is an excellent pick up.

Cale Gundy delivers every year.

8timechamps
6/8/2014, 06:35 PM
I haven't updated the recruiting board recently (I will soon though...promise!), and this board is the more active, so I'll post this here:

For anyone not familiar with Anderson, he's a Katy, TX RB that was once committed to Texas A&M. Apparently, Anderson went to an A&M practice (after he was committed to the Aggies) and wasn't as sold as he thought he was, so he de-committed. Cale Gundy had stayed in touch with Anderson (even after his commitment to A&M), and OU was the first school he wanted to check out.

Anderson was also strongly considering Alabama, but after this past weekend's camp he and his parents decided OU was the best place for him to play and made the call.

Not only did A&M lose in this case, so did Bama. Always nice.

westbrooke
6/8/2014, 09:21 PM
Cale Gundy delivers every year.

This is the truth. We have been spoiled (not that I'm complaining) with our stable of running backs over the years. There's always someone who can come in and contribute. Peterson goes down, and Patrick steps in. Murray and Brown tag-teaming it in a record-setting offense. Williams loses his cool, and Clay emerges to be the player we thought he'd be when we recruited him. We find gems like Patrick and Whaley. Some have moved along, like Calhoun and Justin Johnson and Brandon Williams, but our cupboard is never bare. And I do like that we tweaked A&M and Bama with this one. It prolongs the Sugar Bowl glow a little longer.

thecrimsoncrusader
6/9/2014, 02:49 PM
ATM went 9-4 with their best QB and one of the best QBs in NCAA history and their best receiver in history. They only have one NC to their name and just two Heisman Trophy winners. If you want to accomplish something on the grid-iron, Texas A&M is NOT the place to go to and that applies to the past, present and future. They're a joke program that is as delusional as the OSU fanbase.

TheUnnamedSooner
6/9/2014, 02:53 PM
Does this mean I don't have to listen to his mortgage commercials anymore?

KantoSooner
6/9/2014, 03:30 PM
Yes, My Child, you are absolved! Washed Clean! Go Forth and Never Listen Again!

TheUnnamedSooner
6/10/2014, 11:29 AM
Thank God.

KantoSooner
6/10/2014, 12:54 PM
Barry Switzer says, "You're Welcome."

8timechamps
6/10/2014, 08:27 PM
ATM went 9-4 with their best QB and one of the best QBs in NCAA history and their best receiver in history. They only have one NC to their name and just two Heisman Trophy winners. If you want to accomplish something on the grid-iron, Texas A&M is NOT the place to go to and that applies to the past, present and future. They're a joke program that is as delusional as the OSU fanbase.

There is no question A&M recently had a strange glow that was attracting kids to commit there, but that seems to be wearing off and it's getting more and more difficult to recruit around their actual record.

Curly Bill
6/10/2014, 10:06 PM
There is no question A&M recently had a strange glow that was attracting kids to commit there, but that seems to be wearing off and it's getting more and more difficult to recruit around their actual record.

Was that glow some shade of green? ;)

8timechamps
6/10/2014, 11:16 PM
Was that glow some shade of green? ;)

It was probably a couple of shades of green, with presidential overtone.

Salt City Sooner
6/11/2014, 12:46 AM
Benjamin Franklin was never president. :D

KantoSooner
6/11/2014, 08:41 AM
But he was awesome in almost too many ways to count.

8timechamps
6/11/2014, 10:49 PM
Benjamin Franklin was never president. :D

Good point, and since we know it would be nothing less than Ben, I'll amend my statement to read:

It was probably a couple of shades of green, with Founding Father overtones.