PDA

View Full Version : PJ Mbanasor CB commit

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/3/2014, 01:52 PM
https://rivals.yahoo.com/oklahoma/football/recruiting/player-P.J.-Mbanasor-156597;_ylt=AgDOS7ON25ywn5J9HYyl1aWbtJB4

http://oklahoma.scout.com/a.z?s=146&p=9&c=8&toinid=667&yr=2015#/a.z?s=146&p=9&c=8&toinid=667&yr=2015

birddog
6/3/2014, 10:40 PM
Mind your P's and Q's, PJ! Gotta long way to go before you step on campus. Learn from those who have succeeded AND from those who phailed miserably before finishing hs. Great choice of schools. You are lucky and your hard work and talent has given you a once in a lifetime opportunity.

SoonerinLA
6/4/2014, 01:00 AM
Welcom PJ!!

Mac94
6/4/2014, 09:21 AM
Mind your P's and Q's, PJ! Gotta long way to go before you step on campus.

Very true ... luckily Hendrickson is a good school and Pflugerville isn't a hotbed of trouble making. Look forward to seeing him play one more year for the Hawks before heading off to Norman.

KantoSooner
6/4/2014, 09:32 AM
Does anyone know whether he's a candidate for early enrolment? Also, will he be doing any OU camps this summer?

SoonerInFortSmith
6/4/2014, 05:56 PM
Watched his highlights on YouTube. Dude is huge for a corner. I predict he will be the nickel/olb at some point in his career.

CatfishSooner
6/4/2014, 07:45 PM
BIG get!! Best in the big 12 region...

8timechamps
6/4/2014, 08:56 PM
Does anyone know whether he's a candidate for early enrolment? Also, will he be doing any OU camps this summer?

I don't know if he's an early enrollee candidate, or not, but he's a bright kid so it wouldn't surprise me.

I'd also be surprised if he didn't show up at camp (that seems to be the norm with committed kids), although I doubt he participates.

8timechamps
6/4/2014, 08:57 PM
Mind your P's and Q's, PJ! Gotta long way to go before you step on campus. Learn from those who have succeeded AND from those who phailed miserably before finishing hs. Great choice of schools. You are lucky and your hard work and talent has given you a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Mbanasor is a good kid, he's definitely not the kind of kid that will make waves.

KantoSooner
6/5/2014, 07:30 AM
8TC, Why wouldn't he participate? Injury concerns? Otherwise, I'd expect he'd want as much coaching from his future coaches as he could get.

8timechamps
6/5/2014, 05:52 PM
8TC, Why wouldn't he participate? Injury concerns? Otherwise, I'd expect he'd want as much coaching from his future coaches as he could get.

It's not uncommon for the high profile kids (especially if they're committed to the school that's hosting the camp) to show up and not participate. The #1 recruit in the state (OG Jalin Barnett) is going to be attending OU's camp, and he will not participate either.

I think it's fine with the OU coaches, and the high school coaches probably encourage it for injury reasons. The camps are really more about proving yourself than improving yourself. So, it's become SOP in a lot of cases.

Anymore, the "big" name recruits only participate in the national events (NFTC, The Opening, Elite 11, etc).

Curly Bill
6/5/2014, 06:07 PM
Yo 8time, how are we sitting with Barnett, Wariboko & Sunderland?

8timechamps
6/5/2014, 06:14 PM
Yo 8time, how are we sitting with Barnett, Wariboko & Sunderland?

Really good with Barnett and Sunderland. I think both will be Sooners.

Hard to tell with Wariboko. He seems pretty set on playing with his brother, and OU isn't in any hurry to offer him. If OU does offer Josh, I think they both end up at OU. I'm just not confident that we will ever offer.

Curly Bill
6/5/2014, 06:15 PM
Really good with Barnett and Sunderland. I think both will be Sooners.

Hard to tell with Wariboko. He seems pretty set on playing with his brother, and OU isn't in any hurry to offer him. If OU does offer Josh, I think they both end up at OU. I'm just not confident that we will ever offer.

Cool. Thanks

Soonerjeepman
6/6/2014, 09:20 AM
So PJ will be a Sr this coming yr...14/15. Looking at his list of offers...WOW. How solid is he? We've had couple of guys already back off.

I totally trust the coaches and usually don't real excited until the guys are actually playing..lol. But from the list or offers this guy looks to be a pretty wanted player = pretty good player.

8timechamps
6/6/2014, 05:24 PM
So PJ will be a Sr this coming yr...14/15. Looking at his list of offers...WOW. How solid is he? We've had couple of guys already back off.

I totally trust the coaches and usually don't real excited until the guys are actually playing..lol. But from the list or offers this guy looks to be a pretty wanted player = pretty good player.

Yes, this is the summer before his senior year in high school. He'll be part of the 2015 class (the next one that signs their LOI in February).

He's the real deal. Considered by several services to be the best corner in Texas, and the one's that don't consider him the best, consider him in the top 3. There is a real chance he could play as a true freshman if someone doesn't step up opposite Sanchez. He's really good.

Mike Stoops has locked down DB recruiting since he came back. We are sitting good with some elite safety prospect for the same class as Mbanasor, and will still take at least one more CB. Needless to say, our secondary will be in good shape for the coming years.