PDA

View Full Version : I wuz in Sam's Club

rock on sooner
5/30/2014, 07:32 PM
tonight wearin' my Tee that showed the Sugar Bowl score and championship.
A guy stopped me, tapped my chest and said "That's wasn't a very fun night!"
I said, "Welp, it was if you're a Sooner fan...he walked away and dint even turn
around. Doncha just love it!!!!???!!!

swardboy
5/30/2014, 07:34 PM
I'm guessin' you live in Alabama?

rock on sooner
5/30/2014, 07:39 PM
I'm guessin' you live in Alabama?

Nope, wrong! I live in, by Gawd, Eye-oh-way. I rilly enjoy
agitatin' nearly as much as Vet!

olevetonahill
5/30/2014, 07:48 PM
Nope, wrong! I live in, by Gawd, Eye-oh-way. I rilly enjoy
agitatin' nearly as much as Vet!

Heh.

PrideMom
6/2/2014, 09:58 AM
Isn't it amazing when the "flavor of the month" (i.e. SEC, Alabama, etc.) doesn't taste as good as it used to?

Jason White's Third Knee
6/2/2014, 10:42 PM
tonight wearin' my Tee that showed the Sugar Bowl score and championship.
A guy stopped me, tapped my chest and said "That's wasn't a very fun night!"
I said, "Welp, it was if you're a Sooner fan...he walked away and dint even turn
around. Doncha just love it!!!!???!!!

I'm a pretty friendly guy, but if someone taps me on the chest, he had better be donning a smile.

okiegirl
6/2/2014, 11:42 PM
I used to travel for a living. I once saw a guy in an OU T-Shirt and Hat..SO I did my best Billy Ray Sims imitation... and hollered (not screamed) BOOMER (several times)!! As he walked past..and he ignored me..so I ran and got in his face..BOOMER!!.. nothing...finally, I said, are you embarrassed to say SOONER!!?? And he said, I am not sure what you are talking about, but if it is my shirt and hat, I got these at a thrift shop...All I could think is dirty band-wagon fans, giving away your good sheets. Then I thought I should kick my arse for not checking thrifty shops in New England area... BTW, I am not privy on these fancy foreign words...does Eye-oh-way=Iowa?? I live in Iowa now.

rock on sooner
6/3/2014, 06:51 AM
I'm a pretty friendly guy, but if someone taps me on the chest, he had better be donning a smile.

Yup, he were smilin'...and so was I...

rock on sooner
6/3/2014, 06:54 AM
I used to travel for a living. I once saw a guy in an OU T-Shirt and Hat..SO I did my best Billy Ray Sims imitation... and hollered (not screamed) BOOMER (several times)!! As he walked past..and he ignored me..so I ran and got in his face..BOOMER!!.. nothing...finally, I said, are you embarrassed to say SOONER!!?? And he said, I am not sure what you are talking about, but if it is my shirt and hat, I got these at a thrift shop...All I could think is dirty band-wagon fans, giving away your good sheets. Then I thought I should kick my arse for not checking thrifty shops in New England area... BTW, I am not privy on these fancy foreign words...does Eye-oh-way=Iowa?? I live in Iowa now.

Where in NE IA? Wife's sister lives in Waterville in Allamakee County.
Eye-oh-way does equal Iowa and it's just a poor attempt at humor...

tycat947
6/3/2014, 09:00 AM
IOWA = Idiots Out Walking Around!

KantoSooner
6/3/2014, 09:12 AM
How on earth can you have anything against Iowa? Yes, they select evil ding bats to serve in congress (Grassley, I'm looking right into your beady little narrow set eyes). Yes, they exercise an annoyingly inordinate influence on our national politics (for the love of Pete, who cares who wins a 'straw poll'?) And yes, they more than likely gave the world the funnel cake. But really, other than that, it's a state of blah. The place where you turn right when driving from Minneapolis to Denver. Flat dirt producing primary ag commodities for the rest of us to knosh on.
Give them a break. After all, they make bacon.

rock on sooner
6/3/2014, 10:26 AM
IOWA = Idiots Out Walking Around!

Please remember that the next time you eat sweet corn or a BLT. Consider
this, if you don't live in IA then you miss out an inordinate amount of political
advertising, political grandstanding and a never ending parade of presidential
wannabes traipsing around sniffing for approval (which starts the day after the
general election and continues for the next four years.) Straw poll equals Pub
fundraiser.

Kanto, you forgot about Steve King in your "ding bat" grouping....

KantoSooner
6/3/2014, 10:58 AM
I could have chucked him in, but I have a particular bone to pick with Grassley, so....

and, Uff dah, dontcha know that I did a coupla years in the Twin Cities and worked in Iowa quite a bit...so I feel kind of entitled to tease.

rock on sooner
6/3/2014, 11:08 AM
I could have chucked him in, but I have a particular bone to pick with Grassley, so....

and, Uff dah, dontcha know that I did a coupla years in the Twin Cities and worked in Iowa quite a bit...so I feel kind of entitled to tease.

Tease away..I poke fun, too. Just go to the IA State Fair and watch the
people, many of whom would lower even Walmart's standards...:rolleyes:

badger
6/3/2014, 11:27 AM
At least Iowa isn't Nebraska (traitors):
qlt4vwS0wsg

cccasooner2
6/3/2014, 12:30 PM
How on earth can you have anything against Iowa? Yes, they select evil ding bats to serve in congress (Grassley, I'm looking right into your beady little narrow set eyes). Yes, they exercise an annoyingly inordinate influence on our national politics (for the love of Pete, who cares who wins a 'straw poll'?) And yes, they more than likely gave the world the funnel cake. But really, other than that, it's a state of blah. The place where you turn right when driving from Minneapolis to Denver. Flat dirt producing primary ag commodities for the rest of us to knosh on.
Give them a break. After all, they make bacon.

And rotten eggs. Fine but no jail time. http://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/rotten-eggs-yield-6-8-million-fine-iowa-company-n120296

KantoSooner
6/3/2014, 01:23 PM
Yeah, I've never fully figured out why they have such a strangle hold on the egg production of this country. You'd think Arkansas would be miles ahead, what with Tyson, Simmons and OK Foods in-sate and Pilgrim's Pride not far away in NE Texas. But, no. Iowa. It's a fricking conspiracy, I'm telling you. And no doubt the verdammt Bugeaters are at the bottom of it all, someway, somehow. They always are.

rock on sooner
6/3/2014, 01:25 PM
And rotten eggs. Fine but no jail time. http://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/rotten-eggs-yield-6-8-million-fine-iowa-company-n120296

Largest Ag fine ever, so I'm told and there is still a chance both DeCosters
could do time....

KantoSooner
6/3/2014, 01:46 PM
Close run race with the boys from Peanut Corp of America.

Eielson
6/5/2014, 02:39 PM
Sam's club? Is that the kind of club Michael Sam goes to?

KantoSooner
6/5/2014, 03:04 PM
go to People of Walmart and make up your own mind.