Mazeppa
5/29/2014, 08:34 PM
http://i58.tinypic.com/1071dsi.jpg

Boomer.....
5/30/2014, 07:46 AM
That's a grown man!

birddog
5/30/2014, 10:53 AM
I've consistently stated that I'm more interested in this guy more than any player not named mixon. He came in under the radar, kind of, because he committed early. I think we are set in the backfield for many years. We've got some beasts.

KantoSooner
5/30/2014, 11:04 AM
I'm getting curious about the fullback position. We have Ripkowski and we know that Bell could do the job under some sets. And Flowers has certainly garnered his share of swooning press. But I can also envision, say, Ford and Perine set up behind Knight. Might make some MLB's wish they'd doubled up on the protein at breakfast.
Anyone have any idea what sort of blocker Perine is?

Widescreen
5/30/2014, 11:52 AM
I remember when AD came in and everyone was shocked how he looked as a true freshman. It seems like more and more of these kids are coming in looking like they've been in a D-1 strength/conditioning program for awhile.

8timechamps
5/31/2014, 05:19 PM
I'm getting curious about the fullback position. We have Ripkowski and we know that Bell could do the job under some sets. And Flowers has certainly garnered his share of swooning press. But I can also envision, say, Ford and Perine set up behind Knight. Might make some MLB's wish they'd doubled up on the protein at breakfast.
Anyone have any idea what sort of blocker Perine is?

I thought for a long time Perine would be a perfect fullback in our offense, and he still may be, but he's been pretty vocal about being a tailback. He's a decent pass blocker, but never had to run block in high school, so there's no way to know what kind of FB he could be with OU's coaching.

I suspect Perine will play whatever position will get him on the field the quickest, which probably isn't running back.

pweitkem
6/2/2014, 10:01 AM
I thought for a long time Perine would be a perfect fullback in our offense, and he still may be, but he's been pretty vocal about being a tailback. He's a decent pass blocker, but never had to run block in high school, so there's no way to know what kind of FB he could be with OU's coaching.

I suspect Perine will play whatever position will get him on the field the quickest, which probably isn't running back.

Saw him at a car show at Hendrickson High here in Pflugerville.

He was decked out in all OU gear. I asked him if he used to go to OU (he looks 30). He said , 'No sir, I go here.' I asked if he was Semaje Perine. He said he was. I'm not sure what they are doing to get this big. But he's a competitive 100 meter guy here in central Texas. At that size and with that speed he might be the next great one from OU.

And he seemed like a really nice kid.

KantoSooner
6/2/2014, 10:22 AM
hell's bells, call the two positions "Aardvark 1" and "Aardvark 2" if that's what it take. I recall back in the day of the wishbone, the sexy RB's got to go around the corners....but the FB generally had more carries and yards. So call them both tail backs. I just want to see this guy and Ford on the field at the same time.
Because I'm like that.

pweitkem
6/2/2014, 11:10 AM
hell's bells, call the two positions "Aardvark 1" and "Aardvark 2" if that's what it take. I recall back in the day of the wishbone, the sexy RB's got to go around the corners....but the FB generally had more carries and yards. So call them both tail backs. I just want to see this guy and Ford on the field at the same time.
Because I'm like that.

Semaje =Lydell Carr. I'm good with that.

BoulderSooner79
6/2/2014, 12:05 PM
I'm thankful I'm not tasked with tackling this guy.

8timechamps
6/2/2014, 03:26 PM
Because I'm like that.

Given the talent we have at RB, I'd kinda like to see the wishbone again. Because, that's how I roll...

birddog
6/2/2014, 03:35 PM
Just get him the damn ball! This season could be one for the ages. Last season we had a "happy ending" and with so many young guys being a part of that, they will come back stronger and hopefully better

KantoSooner
6/2/2014, 04:36 PM
I'm excited too, Birddog, but I keep trying to keep in mind that these guys are pretty young and we could see some growing pains with ball control, assignments and the like. Simple, experience and maturity issues that have nothing to do with talent and physical prowess. And that will, if it happens, lead to me, inevitably, cursing and putting my glass down on the table with inappropriate forcefulness. Which in turn will make my mother and GF make frowny faces at me.
God, the stress that awaits me! Why do I do this to myself?

8timechamps
6/2/2014, 08:00 PM
I'm excited too, Birddog, but I keep trying to keep in mind that these guys are pretty young and we could see some growing pains with ball control, assignments and the like. Simple, experience and maturity issues that have nothing to do with talent and physical prowess. And that will, if it happens, lead to me, inevitably, cursing and putting my glass down on the table with inappropriate forcefulness. Which in turn will make my mother and GF make frowny faces at me.
God, the stress that awaits me! Why do I do this to myself?

It's in our blood.

We repeat the same thing year after year (with the occasional respite) and come back for more. Because we can't get enough. It's almost an illness.

KantoSooner
6/3/2014, 08:13 AM
Call me a Doctah!

Mac94
6/4/2014, 09:28 AM
Given the talent we have at RB, I'd kinda like to see the wishbone again. Because, that's how I roll...

With Knight at QB and the RBs on campus it would be great to see Stoops throw out a wishbone set ... just a time or two but early in the season to make defenses prep for the possibility.

KantoSooner
6/4/2014, 09:34 AM
I have long wanted OU to score a trashtime (at the end of one of our many landslide thrashings of Texas) TD vs UT with an option around the corner. Just for old time's sake...

birddog
6/4/2014, 02:27 PM
Prepare your Perineum ..

mainline13
6/10/2014, 06:48 PM
Call me a Doctah!

Ok: You're a Doctah!

CatfishSooner
6/10/2014, 07:10 PM
Just get him the damn ball! This season could be one for the ages. Last season we had a "happy ending" and with so many young guys being a part of that, they will come back stronger and hopefully better
:triumphant:

:dejection:

Boomer.....
6/26/2014, 01:15 PM
Per the updated roster, he is up to 243!

http://www.soonersports.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=750326&SPID=127245&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=31000&SORT_ORDER=6&Q_SEASON=2014&PRINTABLE_PAGE=

BoulderSooner79
6/26/2014, 02:21 PM
Per the updated roster, he is up to 243!

http://www.soonersports.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=750326&SPID=127245&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=31000&SORT_ORDER=6&Q_SEASON=2014&PRINTABLE_PAGE=

At some point, that's not a good thing.

Boomer.....
6/26/2014, 03:55 PM
There's been talk of using him at fullback.

Widescreen
6/26/2014, 04:13 PM
If dude is athletic at 243, I don't know what the harm is. Could make him more durable.

SoonerMarkVA
6/26/2014, 04:53 PM
Jerald Moore? Gumbo? Yeah, it can be done.

BoulderSooner79
6/26/2014, 05:04 PM
All I said was "at some point", don't know where it is for Perine, but I'm sure there would be a little angst if he hit 300.

I recall an athletic back playing fullback at around 240. The next year he slimmed to 225 and moved to tailback and walked away with a Heisman trophy. And he was the difference maker in beating OU in Dallas that year. Not saying Perine is going to be another Earl Campbell...

picasso
6/26/2014, 09:17 PM
Jerald Moore. Like 5'8", 225. Heh.

SoonerMarkVA
6/26/2014, 11:32 PM
Moore's listed sometimes at 225, sometimes at 230. At 5'8", 230's a pretty stocky guy.

picasso
6/27/2014, 01:16 AM
Yeah I never bought him at 230. I nearly sold him a painting back in '97.

PLaw
7/5/2014, 08:54 AM
Yeah I never bought him at 230. I nearly sold him a painting back in '97.

He has Tyler Rose like metrics. Ht, wt, 40

8timechamps
7/5/2014, 08:17 PM
If you head over to SoonerSports, and watch the "Player Reaction" video (re: new alternate unis), Perine is sitting on the front row. About half way through the video, you get a clear look at him, and the kid is built like a truck. He looks like a veteran NFL player.