PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day

SCOUT
5/27/2014, 01:43 AM
I waited until after the fact. Shame on each of you for missing the opportunity to thank those who allowed you to sit around your pools this weekend.

badger
5/27/2014, 10:45 AM
I waited until after the fact. Shame on each of you for missing the opportunity to thank those who allowed you to sit around your pools this weekend.

If by "pools" you meant "giant puddles" as in the massive rainfall that hit every corner of Oklahoma (more or less) that has led to flood warnings today in eastern Oklahoma as well anticipate even more rainfall than we got on Sunday and Monday, then YES! i DID sit around the pool on Monday.

On a positive note, Oklahoma really needed the rain more than I needed to hang American flags outside to soak in the rain, so win-win. God bless our veterans for giving us an extra day to bask in all that is wet and now green in Green Country

achiro
5/27/2014, 11:04 AM
I'm not going to look but I'd be surprised if there were more than just a few posts over the entire weekend anyway. Not much traffic here at all anymore.
That said, maybe you are the dick for thinking about it all day but waiting on someone else to post about it. ;)

badger
5/27/2014, 12:49 PM
Back when I was in high school this was probably the most lamented band gig of them all. It wasn't because we didn't like veterans, or those who died in service, but rather because unlike most parades and concerts, there was always a debbie downer speaker that absolutely would NOT yield the floor (grass at the cemetery rather) for at least 20 minutes of talking in circles about absolutely nothing to do with veterans or remembering those that died.

In short... don't be a debbie downer