PDA

View Full Version : UCSB Shooting

8timechamps
5/26/2014, 09:28 PM
I'm going to assume everyone has heard about this by now, but if not, head over to the news site of your choice and get caught up.

It didn't take long for guns to get brought into the discussion. Of course the killer (hence forth known as the POS) did legally obtain guns, but also killed three people by stabbing them to death. Of the 7 killed (not including the POS), 3 were killed by the knife and 3 by the gun. Many more were injured when the POS attempted to run over them in his car. The "anti gun" folks are swimming up stream to try and work their agenda into this one.

As is always the case, the POS was mentally ill. So ill in fact, that his parents has him seeing professional help since he was 8, and most recently he was seeing two seperate mental health professionals.

I've watched the YouTube videos, and I've read the 140 page "manafesto", and I've come to the conclusion that the POS was so far gone, he should have been in a facility treating his illness. Not walking into a gun shop able to purchase guns. The only thing wrong with the way we currently sell weapons to folks today, is that it doesn't take into account their physiological issues. Still, I don't know that had the POS not been able to attain guns, the final death count would have been much different. He was pretty hellbent on taking out as many people as he could.

And why did he feel that way? Because he was still a virgin at 22, never had a girlfriend and never been kissed. He saw women as property, and it was something that was being kept from him, and that "wasn't fair, becase" he "deserved it more that just about every man walking the planet".

Mental Health in this country needs to get serious. A trained mental health provider could have identified the issue, and sought help within the police and brought this kid in for evaluation. That would have stopped the thing cold in it's tracks!

TheHumanAlphabet
5/26/2014, 10:50 PM
I blame the parents for the POS not being institutionalized. He sure as hell needed to be, not in college...

And while I grieve for the Father all over CNN, he is totally wrong about the 2nd Amendment.

Curly Bill
5/26/2014, 10:56 PM
I blame the parents for the POS not being institutionalized. He sure as hell needed to be, not in college...

And while I grieve for the Father all over CNN, he is totally wrong about the 2nd Amendment.

Oh yes! Mr. Hyphenated name, gray-bearded, Grecian formulae headed, wanker.... And we wonder how losers like Feinstein and Pelosi get elected out there!

Sooner8th
5/26/2014, 11:47 PM
I'm going to assume everyone has heard about this by now, but if not, head over to the news site of your choice and get caught up.

It didn't take long for guns to get brought into the discussion. Of course the killer (hence forth known as the POS) did legally obtain guns, but also killed three people by stabbing them to death. Of the 7 killed (not including the POS), 3 were killed by the knife and 3 by the gun. Many more were injured when the POS attempted to run over them in his car. The "anti gun" folks are swimming up stream to try and work their agenda into this one.

As is always the case, the POS was mentally ill. So ill in fact, that his parents has him seeing professional help since he was 8, and most recently he was seeing two seperate mental health professionals.

I've watched the YouTube videos, and I've read the 140 page "manafesto", and I've come to the conclusion that the POS was so far gone, he should have been in a facility treating his illness. Not walking into a gun shop able to purchase guns. The only thing wrong with the way we currently sell weapons to folks today, is that it doesn't take into account their physiological issues. Still, I don't know that had the POS not been able to attain guns, the final death count would have been much different. He was pretty hellbent on taking out as many people as he could.

And why did he feel that way? Because he was still a virgin at 22, never had a girlfriend and never been kissed. He saw women as property, and it was something that was being kept from him, and that "wasn't fair, becase" he "deserved it more that just about every man walking the planet".

Mental Health in this country needs to get serious. A trained mental health provider could have identified the issue, and sought help within the police and brought this kid in for evaluation. That would have stopped the thing cold in it's tracks!

His family called the police a month ago and told them about the online videos.

yermom
5/26/2014, 11:50 PM
yeah, he could have just made TATP in his campus apartment instead of using a gun

TheHumanAlphabet
5/27/2014, 12:18 AM
Uhmmm, not exactly... The parents first saw his manifesto video and read his masterpiece the day of and were driving to SD in separate cars when they heard the news...

They may have been slightly aware, but not fully until day of event.

SCOUT
5/27/2014, 01:01 AM
Family should get at least a cursory pass. It is hard to see fault in your own child. Granted, this is an extreme example and they saw enough to seek professional help, but don't treat them like everyday bystanders.

olevetonahill
5/27/2014, 05:01 AM
Instead of Buying the freak BMWs his folks shoulda bought him Hookers.

Curly Bill
5/28/2014, 12:06 AM
Instead of Buying the freak BMWs his folks shoulda bought him Hookers.

No kidding! This is one time when the ol: "You need to get laid" line woulda been right on the mark.

olevetonahill
5/28/2014, 01:16 AM

There were NO online Vids a Month ahead of Time Moran!

olevetonahill
5/28/2014, 01:18 AM
yeah, he could have just made TATP in his campus apartment instead of using a gun

Dave He could have also used a BaseBall Bat instead of a KNIFE to Start his little Crazy assed show!

TAFBSooner
5/29/2014, 11:48 AM
Back in the good old days, if someone in California was a flop with chicks, he would write a pop song about it, instead of stabbing/shooting peeps about it.

Sooner8th
5/30/2014, 10:37 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post

There were NO online Vids a Month ahead of Time Moran!

In the weeks before Friday’s deadly rampage in Santa Barbara, Calif., suspected gunman Elliot Rodger’s parents contacted police after they grew concerned about his increasingly disturbing online rants.

Police visited and interviewed the 22-year-old on April 30, after a family member became alarmed about YouTube posts by Rodger that mentioned violence and suicide. While Rodger's parents and social worker were concerned, police found the student to be polite during their interview. He had taken down the alarming posts. Police cleared the call and left without taking any action.

“They determined that he did not meet the criteria for an involuntary mental health hold,” Deputy Sheriff Bill Brown said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-miss-chance-stop-santa-barbara-rampage/story?id=23867478

Youtube posts are not videos's? You just keep showing your stupidity.