PDA

View Full Version : The tv series...Watching Cosmos

Soonerjeepman
5/18/2014, 08:22 PM
...interesting...How life came to Earth...not ONE mention of God. They even admit there are things they don't know WHY it happened.

talking about the "beginnings of life"..."here in some shallow pool .....blah blah blah...things started to happen, for some reason we don't know, then life began..."

well, MAYBE it God?

I have no problem with evolution, but something (God) started it?

hawaii 5-0
5/18/2014, 11:04 PM
So for everything you don't have an answer for you attribute it to God's doing ?

That's putting a lot of weight on His shoulders.

Wasn't it the Greeks that believed that Atlas carried the World on his shoulders?

I for one don't have an answer for lots of stuff as well. Why were several Books removed from the Bible ? Will they ever be put back in ?

The Universe is an amazing place.

5-0

yermom
5/19/2014, 02:13 PM
it's a show about science, not fake science

TheHumanAlphabet
5/19/2014, 02:46 PM
So for everything you don't have an answer for you attribute it to God's doing ?

5-0

5-0 No disrespect, but no it is not. I have no problem thinking God had a hand in this Universe creation, touching the membrane that caused the bubble of our universe, etc. While there may be accidental line ups that caused life on our planet, IMO, there is way too much perfect in this Universe for it to be random chance. Belief and use of Science =/ lack of faith in God.

hawaii 5-0
5/19/2014, 07:58 PM
My questions weren't really meant to question anyone's beliefs.

I just wondered if everything we don't understand has to be attributed to God's creative skills.

5-0

olevetonahill
5/19/2014, 10:15 PM

Wasn't it the Greeks that believed that Atlas carried the World on his shoulders?

I for one don't have an answer for lots of stuff as well. Why were several Books removed from the Bible ? Will they ever be put back in ?

The Universe is an amazing place.

5-0

Name those books if you can. there were NONE removed. just several that were Not included. Called Apocrypha Books These were Books that for one reason or another were not considered Inspired by God. Yet some of them are Included in the Catholic system and a few in some of the Protestant .

stoops the eternal pimp
5/20/2014, 08:16 AM
i farted

Jacie
5/20/2014, 12:53 PM
One reason I am attracted to science, in science, everyone will readily admit to not having all the answers.

Contrast this to religion, pretty much all of em, that insist they have ALL the answers.

I guess when you are making it up on the fly, it is easy to be 100% . . .

olevetonahill
5/20/2014, 01:09 PM
i farted

But was there Light after?

hawaii 5-0
5/20/2014, 02:18 PM
Name those books if you can. there were NONE removed. just several that were Not included. Called Apocrypha Books These were Books that for one reason or another were not considered Inspired by God. Yet some of them are Included in the Catholic system and a few in some of the Protestant .

http://www.bibleufo.com/anomlostbooks3.htm

I guess it boils down to when one considers The Bible to be 'official or original'. Prior to the 4th Century there were a lot more Holy Scriptures. They just weren't politically/religiously correct according to Constantine and his minions.

"inspired by God" according to Man.

5-0

jkjsooner
5/20/2014, 02:38 PM
...interesting...How life came to Earth...not ONE mention of God. They even admit there are things they don't know WHY it happened.

talking about the "beginnings of life"..."here in some shallow pool .....blah blah blah...things started to happen, for some reason we don't know, then life began..."

well, MAYBE it God?

I have no problem with evolution, but something (God) started it?

You must get really upset by the biblical history type shows where they have historians or scientists try to explain what might have happened when people experienced various miracles.

Jacie
5/20/2014, 03:31 PM
So are all miracles equal or is there a standard, such as Old versus New Testament versus any miracles that happened post-Bible?

As I understand it, the Bible, all of the books were written after-the-fact by people who were not contemporaries of the events they recorded, none of the authors were eye witnesses.

Given there are people who swear they have been abducted by aliens and had close encounters with Big Foot, is it any wonder people who lived 1500 years ago with a vested interest in telling a good story interpreted what they did not see as "miraculous"?

hawaii 5-0
5/20/2014, 03:59 PM
So are all miracles equal or is there a standard, such as Old versus New Testament versus any miracles that happened post-Bible?

As I understand it, the Bible, all of the books were written after-the-fact by people who were not contemporaries of the events they recorded, none of the authors were eye witnesses.

Given there are people who swear they have been abducted by aliens and had close encounters with Big Foot, is it any wonder people who lived 1500 years ago with a vested interest in telling a good story interpreted what they did not see as "miraculous"?

Lots of documented 'Holy' scriptures of people seeing UFOs. The Holy men putting together the Bibles sometimes thought those stories were a bit too much for the 'regular folks' and removed them.

http://www.bibleufo.com/conclusions.htm

"There are hundreds of descriptions by credible witnesses from Moses to John of glowing flying objects, mechanical devices, a huge fleet of invading super vehicles, hyper-advanced weapons, and unearthly technology, yet, not the slightest hint that such glaring evidence even exists from the pulpit. If the Bible said God drove, a metallic chariot having four dark wheels, at night shining two white beams of fire in the front of the chariot, and red glowing red coals of fire in the back, would that strike a cord of familiarity?"

"The Bible does not speak of an automobile, but it certainly does describe a metallic craft in the sky that spins, takes off, lands, and can hover for weeks. It appears cloud-like during the day; glows brightly at night, and can display an array of brilliant flashing lights, beams and rays. It projects beams and fires projectiles that do serious damage to large armies, and can alter terrestrial and atmospheric conditions drastically. Men and shiny metal-suited beings float up into it and down from it. And, the Bible says God flies in it and displays it so that men will know his power."

Jus' sayin'.

Religion comes down to beliefs. Your own and what others tell you to believe.

5-0

Ton Loc
5/21/2014, 12:43 PM
Sure as **** that show is fantastic. The only one I saw that had anything to do about religion talked about the fact that the story of Noah had been told 1000 years before. Big deal - lots of religions share the same stories.

The electric boy episode was probably my favorite.