PDA

View Full Version : Sams...the love fest continues

Soonerjeepman
5/15/2014, 08:23 AM
I'll start it here...since this is more political than football.

He will now have his own TV show...

http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/14/michael-sam-reality-show-oprah-lindsay-lohan/

good job Oprah..

badger
5/15/2014, 08:35 AM
Have they announced which team gets HBO's Hard Knocks this season?

If not either Cleveland Browns or St Louis Rams would probably get the highest ratings

If the Michael Sam show is more Hard Knocks and less Project Runway, I'd probably watch

BoulderSooner79
5/15/2014, 09:37 AM
This makes me think Sam's agent/PR rep is really running the show. A football player that really wants to make it onto a roster would probably avoid the buzz of a filming crew during this critical period. An agent know's all too well this is a 15 minute of fame situation and wants as many irons in the fire as possible, before the fire dies.

badger
5/15/2014, 09:42 AM
This makes me think Sam's agent/PR rep is really running the show. A football player that really wants to make it onto a roster would probably avoid the buzz of a filming crew during this critical period. An agent know's all too well this is a 15 minute of fame situation and wants as many irons in the fire as possible, before the fire dies.

It's what Tim Tebow should have done a few years ago. At least he had the security of a first round pick to go with it (till that coach got canned, lol)

BoulderSooner79
5/15/2014, 10:21 AM
It's what Tim Tebow should have done a few years ago. At least he had the security of a first round pick to go with it (till that coach got canned, lol)

Indeed, Tebow had a good chunk of change guaranteed in his 1st round contract. But it doesn't make sense for Sam because the goose has yet to really lay the golden egg. His endorsement deal with Citibank (or others if he has them) will fall apart if he gets cut in camp. Many athletes have fallen pray to greedy agents and parasitic hangers-on. I don't know if that's a potential situation here, but this is a danger sign, IMO.

Eielson
5/15/2014, 06:00 PM
Have they announced which team gets HBO's Hard Knocks this season?

If not either Cleveland Browns or St Louis Rams would probably get the highest ratings

If the Michael Sam show is more Hard Knocks and less Project Runway, I'd probably watch

The Rams are the target, but they don't want it, and since other teams have volunteered to do it, the NFL has said they won't force them too.

Soonerjeepman
5/15/2014, 10:57 PM
actually the GF was reading up on Sam's boytoy....okay that was uncalled for..his bf. Anyways, the kid is from St Pius X high school in KCMO. Which has a HUGE Italian/mafia clientele. Apparently the kid is the grandson of Willy "the rat"...(whatever his last name is) mob family boss. His papa use to put his victims in the sewers to be eaten by rats after he killed them...hence "the rat" part. Both is uncle, dad and papa spent time in jail for not testifying and running an illegal gambling thing off of severs in Costa Rica.

The mob use to run out of the gay bars back in the 40's when homosexuality was illegal. Interesting how it comes full circle~ lol.