PDA

View Full Version : Son's juco he signed with 1 win away from Juco WS

Soonerjeepman
5/13/2014, 10:05 AM
KCKCC has to win 1 today to get to Grand Junction Colorado.

They have only 6 soph so he'll need to work his a$$ off next year to break into the rotation.

8timechamps
5/14/2014, 08:55 PM
I've been to the JuCo world series a few times in the past 10 years, and it's a really awesome event. Not quite as big as the D1 CWS, but just as fun.

Sounds like he'll be heading to a good program!

Soonerjeepman
5/15/2014, 08:14 AM
well, they lost BOTH games. They played Johnson County which is a cross town juco and they've been ranked most of the season. The crazy thing is JCCC was playing their 6th/7th games, KCKCC 4th/5th in 5 days. JCCC played a DH on Mon, KCK day off...JCCC won first game 7/1 I think and second 2/0.

Hopefully they'll be stronger next year. They did go 40/23 this year.

Did you go to Grand Junction? has it always been there? My brother was driving back to KC from Utah and said they had a winter warning snow storm this past weekend...lol not a good time for baseball but it looks beautiful there. Hopefully next year KCK can be the region 6 rep.

salth2o
5/19/2014, 02:17 PM
I've been to the JUCO World Series 7 or 8 times in the last 12 years. It is an amazing event and is well worth the time and effort if you are a baseball fanatic. The college for which I work has a long standing baseball tradition and has 5 national championships.

Too bad to hear that KCK lost out. Maybe next year when your son is there. Seeing 12,000+ fans at a JUCO baseball game is amazing.

congrats to your son.

Soonerjeepman
5/23/2014, 02:57 PM
Thanks, Yes hoping KCK can make it there next yr. More so I hope he really works hard...he'll have to. His HS wasn't real successful the 4 years so a new leaf is being turned over. He is going to start summer workouts with them, THAT will be the tell-tell sign!

Cool on your school...

JCCC lasted 2 games I think.

8timechamps
5/24/2014, 06:59 PM
well, they lost BOTH games. They played Johnson County which is a cross town juco and they've been ranked most of the season. The crazy thing is JCCC was playing their 6th/7th games, KCKCC 4th/5th in 5 days. JCCC played a DH on Mon, KCK day off...JCCC won first game 7/1 I think and second 2/0.

Hopefully they'll be stronger next year. They did go 40/23 this year.

Did you go to Grand Junction? has it always been there? My brother was driving back to KC from Utah and said they had a winter warning snow storm this past weekend...lol not a good time for baseball but it looks beautiful there. Hopefully next year KCK can be the region 6 rep.

Yep, Grand Junction. I don't know if it's always been there, but it has been there at least the past 6 or 7 years (probably the past decade). They really do an excellent job. I've been to one CWS in Omaha, and I think the JCWS folks do just as good a job. Good baseball in a good environment.

The only downside (as you mentioned the story about your brother) is the weather. We can have 75 degree days followed by two days of snow this time of year, and you don't really want to be driving on I-70 in the mountains when there's snow, if you can help it.

salth2o
5/25/2014, 11:29 AM
The JUCO World Series has been in Grand Junction for 57 years.

Soonerjeepman
5/25/2014, 04:55 PM
you don't really want to be driving on I-70 in the mountains when there's snow, if you can help it.

lol...yup. Was there a yr ago spring break. GF's bro lives in Dillon, my bro in Boulder. I was white knuckled driving to Boulder from Dillon...started about 4..then had to wait til about 5:30 because of snow...I did NOT like that. UGH~

diverdog
5/27/2014, 12:32 PM
KCKCC has to win 1 today to get to Grand Junction Colorado.

They have only 6 soph so he'll need to work his a$$ off next year to break into the rotation.

That is awesome! Being a dad is such a cool gig.

Soonerjeepman
5/27/2014, 11:21 PM
lol...DD...SOMETIMES! he's generally a good kid, a bit of an 18 yr old. BUT like a friend of mine said, the reason teenagers are such a$$e$ it's so ya don't feel bad when they leave~