PDA

View Full Version : Frank Shannon

REDREX
5/12/2014, 08:10 PM
Any news ?

Ruf/Nek7
5/13/2014, 09:16 AM
Judging by the amount of replies, I would guess no.

8timechamps
5/13/2014, 03:47 PM
Nothing at all.

Last I heard was Shannon would appear in front of the University's investigative board. Hopefully, no news is good news.

SoonerStormchaser
5/13/2014, 03:50 PM
What'd I miss from over here?

birddog
5/14/2014, 06:42 AM
All the other threads posted throughout the last month + that are still available.

badger
5/14/2014, 08:06 AM
After googling his name, the latest was about a month ago, it appears.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/ou/ou-linebacker-frank-shannon-won-t-be-charged-with-sexual/article_89404165-b781-5862-9bf7-309bc37aa2dc.html)

The woman involved in a sexual assault allegation against Oklahoma linebacker Frank Shannon does not wish to file charges against Shannon, according to the Cleveland County District Attorney's office.

So... yeah

champions77
5/26/2014, 10:55 AM
Taken the length of time to act on this, my hunch is that he will be reinstated. Why would you drag this out.....and then declare him ineligible? There wasn't enough evidence for the DA to prosecute him, but OU says there is enough to kick him off?

8timechamps
5/26/2014, 04:11 PM
Taken the length of time to act on this, my hunch is that he will be reinstated. Why would you drag this out.....and then declare him ineligible? There wasn't enough evidence for the DA to prosecute him, but OU says there is enough to kick him off?

The only thing working against Frank is the current microscope being placed on programs across the country for these kinds of issues. However, I just don't think there is enough there to warrant Shannon's dismissal.

Last I heard was that he still had to appear in front of the OU board, and since it probably won't be publicized, we'll have to wait and see if he shows up to summer camp to know whether or not he's still on the team. Like you, I have a hunch he's going to play his senior year.

REDREX
5/27/2014, 10:09 PM
The only thing working against Frank is the current microscope being placed on programs across the country for these kinds of issues. However, I just don't think there is enough there to warrant Shannon's dismissal.

Last I heard was that he still had to appear in front of the OU board, and since it probably won't be publicized, we'll have to wait and see if he shows up to summer camp to know whether or not he's still on the team. Like you, I have a hunch he's going to play his senior year.---Lets hope he plays his Jr year first

8timechamps
5/27/2014, 10:11 PM
---Lets hope he plays his Jr year first

Doh! I keep forgetting he's a redshirt guy. So, you are correct, his JUNIOR year comes first!

Mazeppa
6/5/2014, 07:53 PM
http://stormininnorman.com/2014/06/05/oklahoma-linebacker-frank-shannon-still-team-future-unclear/

8timechamps
6/5/2014, 08:56 PM
http://stormininnorman.com/2014/06/05/oklahoma-linebacker-frank-shannon-still-team-future-unclear/

THE most important thing to take from that story:

Bob Stoops said Thursday Shannon is still on the team and working out with OU.

Sooner in Tampa
6/6/2014, 01:12 PM
THE most important thing to take from that story:

Bob Stoops said Thursday Shannon is still on the team and working out with OU.

Saw this twitter last night...Bob also said he still has some "procedures" to go through with the University.

KantoSooner
6/6/2014, 01:37 PM
Hopefully that means they've done their hearing and he has to complete some sensitivity training/counseling type deal. Every day that goes by that they don't eject him is a good sign.

BoulderSooner79
6/6/2014, 02:38 PM
Hopefully that means they've done their hearing and he has to complete some sensitivity training/counseling type deal. Every day that goes by that they don't eject him is a good sign.

That and the fact Stoops didn't eject him right away. We all know Bob wouldn't hesitate to do so if he hought Shannon really had done something bad, regardless of the DA not filing charges.

KantoSooner
6/6/2014, 02:50 PM
I do believe that Bobby and Frank had a loooong talk. Which is to say that Bob talked, Frank listened and answered questions fully and without reservation. And then probably took a vow of celibacy for the balance of his OU career. Then Bob gave him a list of Hail Marys, Novenas, Stations of the Cross and other assorted stuff, made the sign of the cross over him and told him that Divine Wrath was still on the table but wouldn't happen that day.

CatfishSooner
6/7/2014, 12:31 AM
he won't play another down at OU

VA Sooner
6/7/2014, 07:15 AM
That and the fact Stoops didn't eject him right away. We all know Bob wouldn't hesitate to do so if he hought Shannon really had done something bad, regardless of the DA not filing charges.

This is what I believe, especially with Bob's track record of getting rid of bad apples in the past. The court of Stoops has spoken.

CatfishSooner
6/7/2014, 09:41 AM
may not be up to "the court of Stoops"...

BoulderSooner79
6/7/2014, 10:05 AM
may not be up to "the court of Stoops"...

You could be right. My premise was that Stoops would be as tough (or tougher) than whatever university court that is going to make the official call.

8timechamps
6/8/2014, 04:17 PM
he won't play another down at OU

Do you have some inside information, or is this just your opinion?

KantoSooner
6/9/2014, 08:28 AM
You might be right, Catfish, but every day that goes by without the University announcing his ineligibility or expulsion or whatever would indicate it's less likely. My logic: the 'case' becomes fuzzier and fuzzier the longer it takes and admin law (from which these kind of disciplinary procedures draw their inspiration) tends to back away from the ultimate sanction in any but the most clear cut cases. Ergo, if the hammer was going to come down, it would have done so quickly and cleanly.
Bob does not have the final word on this; but, if they get to a situation in which there is no 'evidence' upon which to found a decision, they may well leave discipline up to him.

cvsooner
7/16/2014, 04:14 PM
Jason Kersey of the Oklahoman posted in three tweets today:

"Frank Shannon's lawyer won't comment on his status, only says he's in school & w/ team. Declined comment when asked if he'd play this fall"

"An OU spokesman said he's been instructed to proceed as if Frank Shannon will be on the team. He'll appear in the media guide."

"In declining a request for outcome of Shannon's hearing, open records officer said there's still no “determination of a disciplinary action""

KantoSooner
7/16/2014, 04:29 PM
I'd like to think they'd just keep it hanging as a threat, but that might mean retrospective eligibility issues. It does become curiouser and curiouser.

8timechamps
7/16/2014, 07:55 PM
I'd like to think they'd just keep it hanging as a threat, but that might mean retrospective eligibility issues. It does become curiouser and curiouser.

I have absolutely no inside information, but it would seem like they (the school) would want to have acted quickly on this considering the current environment in the NCAA. I can only think "no news is good news", but who knows?!

cvsooner
7/17/2014, 12:40 AM
Not really any more info here than in the tweets, but Kersey wrote a more detailed account of Shannon's status:

http://newsok.com/frank-shannon-remains-enrolled-at-ou-and-a-member-of-the-team/article/5004895