PDA

View Full Version : First time since 1937 that not a single longhorn drafted

Mazeppa
5/10/2014, 11:15 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/texas-players-2014-nfl-draft-225506391.html

Flagstaffsooner
5/10/2014, 11:59 PM
Mack goes out in a blaze of glory.:0

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/11/2014, 12:20 AM
dammit! I was/am still sorry to see him leave.

sendbaht
5/11/2014, 06:11 AM
dammit! I was/am still sorry to see him leave.

me too...he was the gift that just keep giving...honestly it lasted longer then I thought ...it will take them a while still to recover...enjoy the next few years too.:))

SoonerStormchaser
5/11/2014, 06:14 AM
Guys, this group of non-draftees BEAT US last fall...just sayin.

Which leads us all to ask...W...T...F!?!?!?

Soonerjeepman
5/11/2014, 08:43 AM
honestly, I think the team (coaches and players) went into the game thinking they had it won. Karma's a b!itch sometimes...

King Crimson
5/11/2014, 10:13 AM
that game was very frustrating. that's a "rivalry", i guess. watching, same feeling i had playing baseball and you are just losing to an inferior team....but nothing you can do about it.

one blight on an otherwise pretty exciting and rewarding season. beating ND was pretty cool. beating Notre Dame, Texas, and Alabama in one season would be tall cotton, historically speaking.

SoonerStormchaser
5/11/2014, 12:44 PM
honestly, I think the team (coaches and players) went into the game thinking they had it won.

THIS...which is why I routinely question Bob's ability to keep the boys focused when they aren't hearing they're the underdogs (see OSU and Bama)

BoulderSooner79
5/11/2014, 12:55 PM
honestly, I think the team (coaches and players) went into the game thinking they had it won. Karma's a b!itch sometimes...

I don't believe that excuse. The team just struggled to get in sync early last year, simple as that. The horn game was a repeat of the TCU game the week before with the horns having more offensive talent. The whole season was a lesson in hanging in there, keep working, and good things will eventually happen.

badger
5/12/2014, 08:38 AM
How did we let these guys beat us last October.

Someone stand in front of me, I need something to kick :mad:

bigfatjerk
5/12/2014, 11:28 AM
Guys, this group of non-draftees BEAT US last fall...just sayin.

Which leads us all to ask...W...T...F!?!?!?

Outside of the bowl game our offense last year was inconsistent at best. We couldn't generate a down field pass game all year. Our run game and defense helped us win some games. But Texas out played and out coached us that day.

BoulderSooner79
5/12/2014, 11:58 AM
Outside of the bowl game our offense last year was inconsistent at best. We couldn't generate a down field pass game all year. Our run game and defense helped us win some games. But Texas out played and out coached us that day.

Exactly. Because of the KSU/OSU/Bama ending to the season, folks forget OUr guys struggled on offense for much of the season. We just didn't have a great team in mid-October and that cursed BYU gave the horns the upper hand by running Diaz out of the building.

stoopified
5/12/2014, 01:53 PM
How did we let these guys beat us last October.

Someone stand in front of me, I need something to kick :mad:Paging NP,paging NP

PujolsFan
5/12/2014, 03:03 PM
Not to mention Case McCoy was possessed by his brother that game and had the game of his lifetime!! None of his other games did he play that well even against lessor competition. They won, we didn't... just not our day in the Cotton Bowl! :(

BoulderSooner79
5/12/2014, 03:10 PM
Not to mention Case McCoy was possessed by his brother that game and had the game of his lifetime!! None of his other games did he play that well even against lessor competition. They won, we didn't... just not our day in the Cotton Bowl! :(

And we seem to be good at choosing the right year to lose to them and still get the last laugh. They don't win the conference, they go to a "who cares" bowl and get whipped by a very indifferent Duck team while being coached by a lame duck (heh) staff. We go on to the Sugar bowl and have the biggest victory of the year outside the BCS title game. Is there any chance that horn fans were chanting "Big12! Big12!" during the Sugar bowl? :suspicion:

bluedogok
5/12/2014, 10:09 PM
Almost Gardere-like.....

EatLeadCommie
5/12/2014, 11:46 PM
Garrett Gilbert was drafted and he WAS a Whorn. I find that kind of funny.

BoulderSooner79
5/13/2014, 01:14 AM
Garrett Gilbert was drafted and he WAS a Whorn. I find that kind of funny.

The reward for upgraded to SMU.