PDA

View Full Version : The Griffins take out the OKC Longworns in game one

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/5/2014, 11:56 PM
AMIRIGHT, 17 point victory by the Blake Griffins of LA over the OKC Longwhorns.

BOOMERRRRR...

hawaii 5-0
5/6/2014, 12:20 AM
Should be a good series.

CP3 was on fire tonight.......as well as the whole Clipper team till Brooks threw in the towel at the start of the 4th.

Durant will get his tho.

I didn't expect OKC to roll over. They seemed tired and slow.

5-0

Eielson
5/6/2014, 09:09 AM
The Clips need to put them away quickly, though. CP3 played better than I expected, but he's not healthy enough to push this 7 games, because he's not going to go 8-9 from three all series. Blake is going to need to play a little better (first half), too.

5/6/2014, 02:38 PM
BOOOOMERRRRRR!!!

birddog
5/7/2014, 02:15 PM
So happy to have KD in Oklahoma City. One 1-2 years at texass and 6+ years OKC. When he said this place is the perfect place for him, as well as his mvp speech, he's already one of my all time favorite athletes ever.

Love that guy.

5/7/2014, 05:00 PM
you know it!(you're like having to sit next to a longwhorn at the RRS) BOOOMERRR! Go Griffins!

Eielson
5/7/2014, 06:17 PM
So happy to have KD in Oklahoma City. One 1-2 years at texass and 6+ years OKC. When he said this place is the perfect place for him, as well as his mvp speech, he's already one of my all time favorite athletes ever.

Love that guy.

The whorn is still strong in him.

5/7/2014, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by birddog

Love that guy.

The Sooner hating whorn is still strong in him.FI

hawaii 5-0
5/8/2014, 11:31 AM
It was a great speech KD made, giving credit to his mother.

A well deserved MVP for Durant. I'm happy for him.

5-0

birddog
5/8/2014, 01:21 PM
Who gives a **** if he's whorn? That was a long time ago and now his heart is in OKC. Am I to assume there are thunder fans pulling for the Clippers because Griffin played a few years here? Get a lil perspective guys.

5/8/2014, 02:19 PM
Sooner fans MOSTLY on a Sooner board.

Eielson
5/8/2014, 03:03 PM
Who gives a **** if he's whorn?

Well...Sooners.

birddog
5/9/2014, 07:21 AM
Again, he was for one year, realized how bad that place sucked, and moved on. I can hate on him if he leaves here though. I think the Clippers take game 3 tonight but it'll be close.

badger
5/9/2014, 09:10 AM
Let's call him Seattle-Texas Longhorn McSonic since he also spent one season in Seattle :P

Eielson
5/9/2014, 09:30 AM
Again, he was for one year, realized how bad that place sucked, and moved on.

Not true. I'll post some links later if I need to, but he hasn't renounced his love for Texas or dislike of OU.

badger
5/9/2014, 09:49 AM
Not true. I'll post some links later if I need to, but he hasn't renounced his love for Texas or dislike of OU.

Yeah, he has bragged when the whorns actually manage to beat someone and has signed autographs with "hook em" and such, but I think it's somewhat in jest, as the whorns have mostly sucked in basketball since his departure :mack:

Eielson
5/9/2014, 12:55 PM
Yeah, he has bragged when the whorns actually manage to beat someone and has signed autographs with "hook em" and such, but I think it's somewhat in jest, as the whorns have mostly sucked in basketball since his departure :mack:

As this board's self-appointed KD-hater, I have to mention that Texas actually got better when KD left. With KD, they went 25-10, finished 3rd in the Big XII, and got blown out by Swaggy P-led USC in the second round. The following year, they went 31-7, won the Big XII, and then lost in the Elite 8 to one of the better teams of the decade. It was actually when DJ Augustin left that Texas went downhill. Further evidence to put in the "KD is not a winner" file.

5/9/2014, 01:16 PM
Not true. I'll post some links later if I need to, but he hasn't renounced his love for Texas or dislike of OU. A lot of his anti-OU rants have been scrubbed, it appears. Expect a new one before too long.

birddog
5/9/2014, 06:11 PM

When he says okc is the perfect place for him I can live with the fact that he played at texass for a year. Call me crazy.

birddog
5/10/2014, 12:48 AM
Sorry to say, fellas but your hated thunderwhorns of our state ream beat your Griffins 118-112. Oh well, maybe in time they can move the team to austin, then all you're sleepless nights will be over.

5/10/2014, 01:40 AM
I would be fine with new NBA & NFL teams in both Austin and Birmingham.

5/10/2014, 01:43 AM
Sorry to say, Sooner fans, but your hated thunderwhorns of our state ream beat your Sooner/Griffins 118-112.yeah,huh! Congratulations ?

OUSKINS
5/10/2014, 02:47 PM
The two most embarrassing things my fellow Sooner fans have done over the years:

1. Home of "SOONERS" during the anthem

2. The anti-KD stuff because he went to UT.

If people just joke around, that's cool, but there are some that truly hold it against him. It's embarrassing.

If he brings OKC a title, he can stand at center court flashing Hook Em' Horns while setting the Schooner on fire and I wouldn't give a damn. Wouldn't change my adoration for him or what he has done for his team and city.

Eielson
5/10/2014, 03:07 PM
Sorry to say, fellas but your hated thunderwhorns of our state ream beat your Griffins 118-112. Oh well, maybe in time they can move the team to austin, then all you're sleepless nights will be over.

Ours? Does that mean you're not also a Sooner?

Eielson
5/10/2014, 03:13 PM
2. The anti-KD stuff because he went to UT.

If people just joke around, that's cool, but there are some that truly hold it against him. It's embarrassing.

I mainly joke around about him, but going to Texas does drop him a notch or two. I'm an OU fan, but that doesn't require me to be an OKC fan, so I have no obligation to cheer for him. My ties to OU are stronger than my ties to any pro sports team.

If he brings OKC a title, he can stand at center court flashing Hook Em' Horns while setting the Schooner on fire and I wouldn't give a damn. Wouldn't change my adoration for him or what he has done for his team and city.

This is hyperbole, right? I'd go to OKC games just for the chance to boo him if that ever happened.

nighttrain12
5/10/2014, 11:09 PM
Thunder lead 2-1 now!

5/11/2014, 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by birddog

Ours? Does that mean you're not also a Sooner?I've read that a significant number of normally Sooner fans badmouth Blake and consider him some sort of villain. IMO that's RILLY effed up.

OUSKINS
5/11/2014, 02:23 PM
I have nothing against Blake, but I am absolutely rooting for him to fail in this series because I'm a Thunder fan. I hope he plays horribly because that will aid in our efforts to win the series. Once this series is over I wish no ill will towards him and hope he has a big career-- which he appears well on his way to accomplishing.

As a Redskins fan, I've rooted HARD against many former Sooners and I root FOR anyone that plays for Washington regardless of college affiliation. Doesn't matter to me even a tad. It's kind of cool that Trent Williams is there and playing so well, but honestly, I just want them to be good--- the fact that he's a Sooner doesn't make me enjoy watching him any less or any more.

OUSKINS
5/11/2014, 02:24 PM
I mainly joke around about him, but going to Texas does drop him a notch or two. I'm an OU fan, but that doesn't require me to be an OKC fan, so I have no obligation to cheer for him. My ties to OU are stronger than my ties to any pro sports team.

This is hyperbole, right? I'd go to OKC games just for the chance to boo him if that ever happened.

And yes, of course that example was a joke. But seriously, if he lifted the trophy up at center court flashed Hook Em' Horns and said "Go Texas!" I would still cheer him like a madman and it would take nothing away from it for me.

5/11/2014, 05:31 PM
I somehow missed the congratulations from Thunderwhorn fans on the Griffins clutch win today.
GO GRIFFINS!!!

BOOMERRRRR!!!

nighttrain12
5/11/2014, 11:29 PM
I somehow missed the congratulations from Thunderwhorn fans on the Griffins clutch win today.
GO GRIFFINS!!!

BOOMERRRRR!!!

It wasn't a Griffin clutch win, it was entirely a Thunder choke job.

Eielson
5/11/2014, 11:35 PM
It wasn't a Griffin clutch win, it was entirely a Thunder choke job.

Didn't the Clippers score on like 18 of the last 20 possessions? That sounds like the definition of clutch. I will admit that Durant turning the ball over 8 times helped, though.

5/12/2014, 12:21 AM
It wasn't a Griffin clutch win, it was entirely a Thunder choke job.That still doesn't sound like a congratulatory response, FWIW.

5/12/2014, 12:22 AM
Didn't the Celtics score on like 18 of the last 20 possessions? That sounds like the definition of clutch. I will admit that Durant turning the ball over 8 times helped, though.Durant wasn't taking a bribe, right?

Eielson
5/12/2014, 03:41 PM
And yes, of course that example was a joke. But seriously, if he lifted the trophy up at center court flashed Hook Em' Horns and said "Go Texas!" I would still cheer him like a madman and it would take nothing away from it for me.

Once they're in the NBA, NFL, etc., I don't usually hold their college experience against them. I tease OKC fans about Durant being from Texas, and while I'm glad none of my teams have star players from UT, I'd gladly embrace Aldridge and Durant to LA If they won us championships. I'm disappointed that you could cheer specifically against OU players, though. I understand that you want the Thunder to beat the Clippers, but cheering against Blake is blasphemous. He did way too much for our program for me to ever turn my back on him.

5/12/2014, 04:25 PM
I'm disappointed that you could cheer specifically against OU players, though. I understand that you want the Thunder to beat the Clippers, but cheering against Blake is blasphemous. He did way too much for our program for me to ever turn my back on him. Also, I certainly don't begrudge Durant cheering for the txwhorns, but to dis on OU while playing for an OK team just comes across to me as insulting and stupid. and, he continues to do that.

nighttrain12
5/12/2014, 10:45 PM
Game 5 is Tuesday at the ThunderDome downtown or watch it on TNT. 8:30pm Central game start.

Eielson
5/14/2014, 01:12 AM
Silver is out to get Sterling. Disgusting.

Eielson
5/14/2014, 01:14 AM
Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons · 3h
Bennett Salvatore, Tom Washington and Tony Brothers reffing a genuinely important NBA playoff game - what could possibly go wrong?

5/14/2014, 02:41 AM
Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons · 3h
Bennett Salvatore, Tom Washington and Tony Brothers reffing a genuinely important NBA playoff game - what could possibly go wrong?I was watching Person of interest, and at the commercial I turned to the game, and saw that there were what, 6 seconds left with th Thunderwhorns up by 1. The announcers stated that Doc Rivers was irate, that the Thunder got 2 calls that should have gone against them. The game ended with the Tw's winning by one.

Eielson
5/14/2014, 10:31 AM
I was watching Person of interest, and at the commercial I turned to the game, and saw that there were what, 6 seconds left with th Thunderwhorns up by 1. The refs stated that Doc Rivers was irate, that the Thunder got 2 calls that should have gone against them. The game ended with the Tw's winning by one.

The refs messed up multiple calls, at least two of which they had the benefit of replay to correct. The fix was in.

5/14/2014, 10:52 AM
The refs messed up multiple calls, at least two of which they had the benefit of replay to correct. The fix was in.Trying to keep the price down for the Clippers franchise. Responsible behavior, fershure.

OUSKINS
5/14/2014, 12:31 PM
NBA conspiracy theories are the worst

Adam Silver: "Here's what we are going to do... Let's allow the Clippers to go up by 13 with 3:45 left and then we will..... FIX IT! BWAAAAAAA."

It's ridiculous. What about RW getting hammered late in game 4 with no call? That would have been a much easier call to "fix." And if the fix was in, why wouldn't they have just called the obvious foul on Jackson on the play in the first place? Makes no sense at all.

The Clips had it all wrapped up. Crawford and Paul totally choked. Thunder made some amazing plays. A controversial call went their way.

The "fix" stuff has no more merit to me than people who say they were abducted and probed by aliens.

hawaii 5-0
5/14/2014, 01:33 PM
"Please do not throw anything onto the court.........no matter how bad the officiating is." St. Billy

5-0

Eielson
5/14/2014, 10:35 PM
NBA conspiracy theories are the worst

Adam Silver: "Here's what we are going to do... Let's allow the Clippers to go up by 13 with 3:45 left and then we will..... FIX IT! BWAAAAAAA."

It's ridiculous. What about RW getting hammered late in game 4 with no call? That would have been a much easier call to "fix." And if the fix was in, why wouldn't they have just called the obvious foul on Jackson on the play in the first place? Makes no sense at all.

The Clips had it all wrapped up. Crawford and Paul totally choked. Thunder made some amazing plays. A controversial call went their way.

The "fix" stuff has no more merit to me than people who say they were abducted and probed by aliens.

So naive. Did you expect a ref to tackle Chris Paul? Maybe some guy at a restaurant hits a button that turns a sprinkler on when the Clippers are shooting free throws? A paid off camera man shines a light in Blake's face when he goes up for dunk?

No. That's not how it's done. You want it to look as real as possible, so you intercede as little as possible. 3 games and 3 quarters into this series it didn't look like the Thunder needed any help, but 1 quarter turned the tide. In response, the NBA sent three clowns to ref game 5, one of which was the ever-dependable Bennett Salvatore.

The most effective way to fix a game is to take care of things early. The NBA never wants to have to fix a Game 7 or a fourth quarter, but when you're trying not to be obvious (or the wrong team comes out flat), that's sometimes the way things have to go. This crew got to work early in the first quarter. The Thunder shot nearly twice as many FT's as the Clippers, and that didn't magically happen in the last couple minutes. There was a big gap in the first quarter and there were several miserable calls such as the butchered clear path call. The refs did everything they could, but Durant flat-out choked, and their hands were tied behind their back.

Also, do you really think that you can pick out any single play from any game of the series and use that as proof that the games aren't fixed? Not every single NBA ref is crooked and/or easily-influenced, and it's not going to be the same officiating crew every single game. Furthermore, even the crooked refs aren't going to make every questionable call go in one team's favor. That's too obvious. If a ref makes 10 questionable calls in a series, you think that all 10 of them have to go in one team's favor to prove his crooked? 8 for one team and 2 for the other would mean absolutely nothing?

I'm jealous of how naive you are. I really am. I wish that I could pretend that Tim Donaghy doesn't exist and that money doesn't corrupt anybody. Are you a big WWE fan?

5/15/2014, 12:32 AM
OUSKINS is prolly just a homer for the Thunderwhorns. In that case, the naivete is willfull.

OUSKINS
5/15/2014, 03:43 PM
It isn't naiveté, it is logic. My experience has been that logic and conspiracy theorists don't mix. The NBA conspiracy theories are incredibly convenient. When something doesn't jive with the theory it's because the league didn't rig THAT play or THAT game or THAT series because they don't want it to be too obvious. But when it fits the narrative, THEN it is rigged/fixed. I could go on and on and cite more specific examples, but it's pretty clear you've made up your minds. Fair enough.

Eielson
5/15/2014, 04:19 PM
It isn't naiveté, it is logic. My experience has been that logic and conspiracy theorists don't mix. The NBA conspiracy theories are incredibly convenient. When something doesn't jive with the theory it's because the league didn't rig THAT play or THAT game or THAT series because they don't want it to be too obvious. But when it fits the narrative, THEN it is rigged/fixed. I could go on and on and cite more specific examples, but it's pretty clear you've made up your minds. Fair enough.

Bad calls that go in the Clippers' favor don't go against my theory. My theory incorporated that (specifically, see the 8 out of 10 example).

For the record, I believe that MOST of the time, the NBA only attempts to extend a series (for financial reasons), and does what it can to maintain the integrity of the game (while simultaneously sabotaging it). This is one of the few series where I think they are willing to change the outcome of the series. They have a lot at stake here financially. They need to keep the value of the Clippers' franchise down so that they can force Sterlings' sale for less, and keep that lawsuit down.

OUSKINS
5/16/2014, 01:43 AM
Bad calls that go in the Clippers' favor don't go against my theory. My theory incorporated that (specifically, see the 8 out of 10 example).

For the record, I believe that MOST of the time, the NBA only attempts to extend a series (for financial reasons), and does what it can to maintain the integrity of the game (while simultaneously sabotaging it). This is one of the few series where I think they are willing to change the outcome of the series. They have a lot at stake here financially. They need to keep the value of the Clippers' franchise down so that they can force Sterlings' sale for less, and keep that lawsuit down.

We strongly disagree here. But because it is a theory I certainly have no way to disprove you or vice versa, so we would likely just go in circles as it sounds like you have your mind made up. To each their own or something like that....

nighttrain12
5/16/2014, 01:59 AM
The Thunder defeat the Clippers and Doc, CP3, and Blake are goin' fishing!

stoopified
5/19/2014, 09:56 AM
Anyone who can disparage KD or the Thunder Because KD playe one year in Austin is clearly suffering fom a bad case of arrested develoement,I recall vividly my own distaste for Durant while he was at UT.Then he came to OKC and in his 6 years has shown himself to be an outstanding ambassador for OKC and the state of Oklahoma.Continuing to revile him because he played at UT is as stupid as holding it gainst Sooners who were born and raised in Texasand still proud of that fact.Trevor Knight has a Texas flag in his room at OU Oh,the horror! :)

KD has the right to play for the Thunder and root for UT,juat as I can root for OU and the THUNDER. The Thunder rolls.

How many Collison haters are here? He is a Jayhawk and they routinely kick our nutts in roundball.

5/20/2014, 01:33 AM
Spurs find the Thunderwhorn a step slow, down in the Alamo City. Followed up with lightning for a big win in game one. Boomcows yell "whoa Nelly" to the stampeding Spurs, but it didn't work.

Eielson
5/20/2014, 11:10 PM
"You can't say bad things about Kevin Durant, because I'm a fan of his, so that's stupid."