PDA

View Full Version : In spite of 5 years of Obammy meddling Bush's Programs are finally bearing fruit.

olevetonahill
5/2/2014, 05:51 PM
Just think How much faster and better things would have worked had not Obammy been in office screwing things up

U.S. unemployment plunges in April to lowest level since September 2008

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/u-s-unemployment-plunges-april-lowest-level-september-2008-article-1.1776720#ixzz30bLwuubX

Heh see what I did there?:applause:

Sooner8th
5/2/2014, 06:28 PM
Just think How much faster and better things would have worked had not Obammy been in office screwing things up

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/u-s-unemployment-plunges-april-lowest-level-september-2008-article-1.1776720#ixzz30bLwuubX

Yeah - you said something stupid - again.

olevetonahill
5/2/2014, 06:36 PM
Yeah - you said something stupid - again.

Why you want to insult me when alll Im doing is starting a Decent conversation?

Sooner8th
5/2/2014, 08:32 PM
Why you want to insult me when alll Im doing is starting a Decent conversation?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37OWL7AzvHo

olevetonahill
5/2/2014, 08:54 PM
Oh Bravo, Brilliant response

Soonerjeepman
5/3/2014, 08:15 AM
Economists pinned that big move, though, largely on people dropping out of the labor force.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/u-s-unemployment-plunges-april-lowest-level-september-2008-article-1.1776720#ixzz30erNxCtR

sure the WH will spin it as he's doing a great job.

okiewaker
5/3/2014, 09:39 AM
Our economic system is pretty amazing. Just think how much better it would be had government, through the many years, did what it's supposed to do. If the working class people didn't have to fund thousands of wasteful programs and agencies and actually got to keep more of what they earned.

olevetonahill
5/3/2014, 10:19 AM
:friendly_wink::friendly_wink::friendly_wink::frie ndly_wink::glee::friendly_wink::friendly_wink:

8timechamps
5/4/2014, 08:05 PM
It's getting better because under Obama, we aren't involved in any "meaningless" wars! Oh, wait...

badger
5/5/2014, 08:39 AM
I suspect that you old farts are finally retiring or going to retirement rather than drag the unsuccessful job search out any longer. That could be a good thing, as maybe the younger ones seeking employment will have more luck as older, more experienced workers retire. Or, it could also force older people to cut back on what their expected retirement quality of life was going to be and be forced to depend on other family members for care.

Only time will tell.

Soonerjeepman
5/5/2014, 10:06 AM
well, I retire in 5 years and I plan on working somewhere...Home Depot, painting houses, mowing..something.

SoonerInFortSmith
5/5/2014, 01:33 PM
What is this retirement concept you all speak of? Seems I read about it in a history book or something.

jkjsooner
5/22/2014, 03:25 PM

That depends. If we had elected someone who would not take steps to secure the financial system we very likely might still be in the midst of another Great Depression. That likely would not have been the case because TARP I was enacted under Bush and McCain wasn't exactly going to sit back and let the system crumble either.

8timechamps
5/22/2014, 06:05 PM
That depends. If we had elected someone who would not take steps to secure the financial system we very likely might still be in the midst of another Great Depression. That likely would not have been the case because TARP I was enacted under Bush and McCain wasn't exactly going to sit back and let the system crumble either.

I don't think anyone would have let it happen. It was pretty black and white, and the consequences of doing nothing would have made the Great Depression look like a slight recession.

Neither side really learned anything from it though.

Sooner8th
5/22/2014, 06:49 PM
I don't think anyone would have let it happen. It was pretty black and white, and the consequences of doing nothing would have made the Great Depression look like a slight recession.

Neither side really learned anything from it though.

There were a lot of conservative republicans whose position was let everything crash and let the chips fall where they may.

And we learned from the depression.

Turd_Ferguson
5/22/2014, 06:54 PM
There were a lot of conservative republicans whose position was let everything crash and let the chips fall where they may.

And we learned from the depression.Quit being such a dooch...

Sooner8th
5/22/2014, 07:03 PM
Quit being such a dooch...

Did you go back and edit your post?

Me too.....

SoonerorLater
5/22/2014, 07:21 PM

And we learned from the depression.

"The government must keep its hands off and let the slump liquidate itself. Liquidate labor, liquidate stocks, liquidate the farms, liquidate real estate. When the people get an inflation brainstorm, the only way to get it out of their blood is to let it collapse. A panic is not altogether a bad thing. It will purge the rottenness out of the system. High costs of living and high living will come down. People will work harder, live a more moral life. Values will be adjusted, and enterprising people will pick up the wrecks from less competent people".

Andrew Mellon

Sooner8th
5/22/2014, 07:30 PM
"The government must keep its hands off and let the slump liquidate itself. Liquidate labor, liquidate stocks, liquidate the farms, liquidate real estate. When the people get an inflation brainstorm, the only way to get it out of their blood is to let it collapse. A panic is not altogether a bad thing. It will purge the rottenness out of the system. High costs of living and high living will come down. People will work harder, live a more moral life. Values will be adjusted, and enterprising people will pick up the wrecks from less competent people".

Andrew Mellon

Hard to argue with the results we have. I agree with 8 time - it would have had been a bad bad deal to let the whole thing collapse .