PDA

View Full Version : So Mr Wonderlic Signs with the Browns

olevetonahill
5/2/2014, 05:49 AM
Actually I kinda wish him well. Hope he gets some one to Keep track of his pennies that is trustworthy Cause he sure as hell is too stupid to do the job.

http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/vince-young-signs-with-browns-1398979296-slideshow/

Mac94
5/2/2014, 07:20 AM
Now watch the Browns take Manziel and the Aggie - Horn rivalry will be lived out in the QB competition between VY and JFF, lol.

badger
5/2/2014, 08:34 AM
When the Packers signed him last offseason, what seemed to work against him was that he had less time to learn the playbook and show what he could do compared to the guys already on the roster, as well as him being a longer tenured veteran (less upside, higher pay).

So he's signing in Spring this go around, instead of August. As much as Aggie and maybe us too like to hate on Mr Wonderlic, Fumbles McScramble, etc., he was decent in the limited time he was with the Packers last preseason and has a good chance here.

stoopified
5/2/2014, 04:00 PM
I don't think Fumbles McScramble makes it through training camp,just my two cents.

KantoSooner
5/2/2014, 04:14 PM
It would present interesting legal questions if someone were to make the right decisiion and simply have him declared mentally incomptent so that a guardian could be appointed. But then the guardian would have be on the sidelines and either confirm or overrule, for example, when Vince was asked if his bell was rung whether he could go on.
it would bring an aspect of Pop Warner to the NFL.

badger
5/2/2014, 04:17 PM
I don't think Fumbles McScramble makes it through training camp,just my two cents.

Cleveland has bad luck with quarterbacks so I guess anything is possible. Though, it's not entirely on the franchise. Their last few included Colt McCoy and Brandon Weeden :P

NorthernIowaSooner
5/2/2014, 05:47 PM
Oh lord, Herr is going to flip out again since you brought up his wonderlic score. His degree in being a retail cashier means Vince is really smart.

olevetonahill
5/2/2014, 05:56 PM
Oh lord, Herr is going to flip out again since you brought up his wonderlic score. His degree in being a retail cashier means Vince is really smart.

Oh ima be devastated if Herr dont like me.
:triumphant:

lexsooner
5/3/2014, 07:27 PM
He was an awesome college player, maybe the best ever to have not won a Heisman. He carried that entire team to a national title and should have had the award. But, besides all of that, he is a big dummy and a bust in the pros. Oh, and there is no second coming of VY at UT just because Swoops is large and African American and can kinda run.

Eielson
5/3/2014, 08:22 PM
When the Packers signed him last offseason, what seemed to work against him was that he had less time to learn the playbook and show what he could do compared to the guys already on the roster, as well as him being a longer tenured veteran (less upside, higher pay).

You think Vince would have learned the playbook with more time? You must be his mother. :P

Wishboned
5/3/2014, 08:23 PM
Cleveland got rid of a puke in orange and signed a goof in orange.

hawaii 5-0
5/4/2014, 03:16 AM
Sigh.

It's tough being a Brown fan.

5-0

soonergirlNeugene
5/4/2014, 03:01 PM
At this point, I have to wonder if Browns fans aren't somehow attracted by failure.

hawaii 5-0
5/4/2014, 06:03 PM
When I became a Browns fan they were champions.

5-0

8timechamps
5/4/2014, 07:58 PM
When I became a Browns fan they were champions.

5-0

I remember when the Broncos had to get through Cleveland to get to the Super Bowl and/or AFC championship. Those were some really tough Browns teams.

Now the organization is a dumpster fire.

hawaii 5-0
5/5/2014, 01:52 AM
I was referring to 1964.

Cleveland was the NFL champ then.

Jim Brown, Frank Ryan in his high tops, Gary Collins, Walter Johnson, Lou Groza, young Paul Warfield.

The Paul Brown/Otto Graham era was before my interest in sports.

5-0

sooneron
5/5/2014, 08:39 AM
Actually I kinda wish him well. Hope he gets some one to Keep track of his pennies that is trustworthy Cause he sure as hell is too stupid to do the job.

http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/vince-young-signs-with-browns-1398979296-slideshow/

My 7 yr old daughter is available to keep track of his $ for a 10% cut. I'm pretty sure she has better financial judgement than vintz. Herr will be along to tell us how amazeballs it is that he holds a degree from like, the Harvard of the SW any minute now... so he must be rillay smart! lol

badger
5/5/2014, 09:42 AM
You think Vince would have learned the playbook with more time? You must be his mother. :P

You can learn things other ways than by reading, dear. More time with the team would have allowed him to learn by default, or rather, everyone around him could have learned how to deal with him as QB. Either way.

OffroadOUFan
5/12/2014, 03:37 PM
...and just like that, it's over: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/less-than-two-weeks-after-browns-sign-vince-young--they-cut-him-172835409.html