PDA

View Full Version : Thread about the "botched" execution in Big Mac

ouwasp
4/30/2014, 12:47 AM
Post your right-wing bloodlust or your left-wing hand-wringing here.

I say it's a shame the doubleheader didn't come off as planned.

SanJoaquinSooner
4/30/2014, 12:59 AM
Well, it's gotta be a huge blow for the pro-death penalty crowd. This is what makes judges more likely to put executions on hold.

In California we've had death row inmates tie up their cases for years on the issue of cruel and unusual punishment via injections.

olevetonahill
4/30/2014, 01:18 AM
Its ****ing SIMPLE either do away with the DP entirely and quit wasting Money on endless ****in appeals or give em 3 shots at an appeal and then Kill em the way they Killed their Victims.

Obviously If they thot it was Ok to Rape an 11 month old baby then bash its head in it should be alright for them to suffer the same fate!

hawaii 5-0
4/30/2014, 01:23 AM
I dunno what they used to botch it so.

I'm no Doctor but for a layman who's been thru some surgery I'd.....

1. Give him a big dose of Versed (like SuperValium) so he won't complain.

2. After that's taken effect..........a fat dose of Propofol to knock him out.

3. A massive dose of Potassium Chloride to stop his heart.

End of criminal.

5-0

SanJoaquinSooner
4/30/2014, 01:38 AM

End of criminal.

5-0

You're hired.

olevetonahill
4/30/2014, 01:47 AM
How about a 357 jacketed hollow point to The Brain

yermom
4/30/2014, 07:27 AM
Fallin looks like a huge moron here

i'm not exactly shedding tears about this scumbag though

Boomer.....
4/30/2014, 07:33 AM
I'm with the "let him suffer" crowd. The scumbag deserved to die a horrible death. This incident, due to a blown vein, will put a blackeye on death by injection though. I'm sure there will be a lawsuit by the family.

I'm with Vet, let's reinstate the firing squad.

rock on sooner
4/30/2014, 07:54 AM
How about a 357 jacketed hollow point to The Brain

Aw, Vet, there'd prolly be some idiot who can't shoot straight involved,
then whadaya do?

olevetonahill
4/30/2014, 08:18 AM
Aw, Vet, there'd prolly be some idiot who can't shoot straight involved,
then whadaya do?

Shoot em again

olevetonahill
4/30/2014, 08:19 AM
Fallin looks like a huge moron here

i'm not exactly shedding tears about this scumbag though

Admittedly I aint read much cept the headlines but How does the Bad guys Vein blowing make Fallin look like an idiot?

badger
4/30/2014, 08:31 AM
I was stunned and saddened when I heard that the state of Oklahoma couldn't carry out the execution properly and had to once again delay the other.

It's not that I don't think the killer (who was said to have buried his victim alive to suffer longer) deserves a certain type of death, it's that I think that as the state of Oklahoma and the enforcers of law and dealers of punishment, we have to be the better side than the murderers and murdering rapists (the other one scheduled to die last night was convicted of murderering and raping an infant). We have to be the ones that aren't filled with bloodlust, the ones that don't enjoy bringing death and pain to others. If our actions are justified by the crime, then they need to be carried out in a humane and honorable way.

It's time to bring back the firing squad. Quick, painless, over in seconds. Any of you volunteer to fire the gun(s)?

achiro
4/30/2014, 08:35 AM
Public hangings.

Back to the OP. I know this story has been going for a while but I haven't payed attention really at all. Something about not being able to get the drugs, a pharmacy, the criminals suing someone, and now this. Can someone fill in the blanks, cliffs notes style?

badger
4/30/2014, 08:48 AM
Public hangings.

Back to the OP. I know this story has been going for a while but I haven't payed attention really at all. Something about not being able to get the drugs, a pharmacy, the criminals suing someone, and now this. Can someone fill in the blanks, cliffs notes style?

In a nutshell, multiple states, Texas and Oklahoma included, have been experiencing shortages of the drugs typically used to carry out executions. Both states have found alternatives, while not disclosing where they found them. Death row inmates and their attorneys therefore are using this as a means to withhold executions a bit longer, saying they deserve to know exactly how they will die and where their execution's drugs came from. States are declining to disclose and as far as I know, have not been ordered to have full disclosure.

In Oklahoma specifically, the two death row inmates were scheduled to die last month, but due to appeals were allowed to live a bit longer. Their appeals involved wanting more information on the execution drugs. They ran out of appeals last week when both the state Supreme Court and the governor did not support their arguments. As such, the state said they could carry out both executions on the same day, the first time since the 1930s that would happen in Oklahoma.

And then the botch (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/state/inmate-clayton-lockett-dies-of-heart-attack-after-botched-execution/article_80cc060a-cff2-11e3-967c-0017a43b2370.html). The first one died due to heart attack, and now the second one's execution has been postponed two weeks.

That was probably too long, but hopefully it answers any general questions on the issues

OU68
4/30/2014, 09:28 AM
I simply find it incredible that with people overdosing on a regular basis, that we can't put someone down with readily available drugs. But then I'm more in the gallows/firing squad camp anyway.

badger
4/30/2014, 10:10 AM
I simply find it incredible that with people overdosing on a regular basis, that we can't put someone down with readily available drugs. But then I'm more in the gallows/firing squad camp anyway.

Technically the drugs worked, even if they didn't work as intended, I guess.

olevetonahill
4/30/2014, 10:25 AM
IF the dudes Vein blew out, How is that ANYONES fault except his for having sh1tty veins?

Boomer.....
4/30/2014, 10:47 AM
They injected him with all three drugs, but decided to abort the execution because his veins blew out. They said none of the drugs entered his body, but something caused him to go unconscious, start convulsing, and have the heart attack.

What exactly was their plan once they aborted the execution? Try and save him?

okie52
4/30/2014, 10:54 AM
Well, it's gotta be a huge blow for the pro-death penalty crowd. This is what makes judges more likely to put executions on hold.

In California we've had death row inmates tie up their cases for years on the issue of cruel and unusual punishment via injections.

Supreme court approved of firing squads...

olevetonahill
4/30/2014, 11:01 AM
They injected him with all three drugs, but decided to abort the execution because his veins blew out. They said none of the drugs entered his body, but something caused him to go unconscious, start convulsing, and have the heart attack.

Dont you remember the dude a few years back who tried to commit suicide ? They rushed his azz to the hospital did the er crap on him saved him. Then brot him back and Killed him.

hawaii 5-0
4/30/2014, 11:11 AM
I'm down with a firing squad.

Riddle his azz.

5-0

diverdog
4/30/2014, 12:22 PM
I'm down with a firing squad.

Riddle his azz.

5-0

We had a smart *** on death row who was severely over weight and chose hanging saying they couldn't find a rope strong enough to hold him. Someone should have told him about braided rope cause he did not get the last laugh.

rock on sooner
4/30/2014, 12:34 PM
Supreme court approved of firing squads...

I think it is Utah that offers the condemned a choice, one of which is a firing squad...

okie52
4/30/2014, 01:31 PM
I think it is Utah that offers the condemned a choice, one of which is a firing squad...

I remember some guy choosing that option :

Ronnie Lee Gardner was executed by five anonymous officers on 18 June 2010. In February 1996, Gardner threatened to sue to force the state of Utah to execute him by firing squad. He said that he preferred this method of execution because of his "Mormon heritage." Gardner also felt that lawmakers were trying to eliminate the firing squad, in opposition to popular opinion in Utah, because of concern over the state's image in the 2002 Winter Olympics.[56]

Idaho banned execution by firing squad in a law which took effect on 1 July 2009.[57] This left Oklahoma as the only state left in the United States that utilizes this method of execution (and only as a secondary method). On 11 October 2011, Florida State Representative Brad Drake sponsored a bill to give Florida death row inmates the option of death by firing squad.[58]

FaninAma
4/30/2014, 02:09 PM

End of criminal.

5-0
That's part of the problem. Propofol and Fentanyl are in short supply nation wide. Its hard for hospitals to keep adequate supplies for surgey patients. Plus another company refuses to supply states for use in executions.

I am against the death penalty. I am also against death row inmates getting to watch television, socialize with other human beings and doing anything but dying in prison with complete loss of liberty and loss of all that makes life worth living.

hawaii 5-0
4/30/2014, 04:30 PM
It just seems ridiculous to try to resuscitate a person you're trying to kill.

I'm amazed at the whole clown car full of Bozos.

5-0

jiminy
4/30/2014, 05:13 PM
I think the method with the quickest death and highest degree of effectiveness would be the guillotine. Shoot em full of Valium, then off with their heads.

It's unfortunate what happened, but this guy buried his victim alive, so nobody's too broken up over this. At least until we taxpayers get the bill for whatever we have to pay his family, assuming he has one.

Sooner8th
4/30/2014, 05:26 PM
That's part of the problem. Propofol and Fentanyl are in short supply nation wide. Its hard for hospitals to keep adequate supplies for surgey patients. Plus another company refuses to supply states for use in executions.

I am against the death penalty. I am also against death row inmates getting to watch television, socialize with other human beings and doing anything but dying in prison with complete loss of liberty and loss of all that makes life worth living.

I think when you get people like the carr brothers and BTK where there is no question they did it, it should be looked at by one other court and drop 'em within a year. I have no problem with hanging. Too much time and money is spent on legal fees. Others like the guy in Cleveland, should be issued a rope when they get to prison.

birddog
4/30/2014, 06:33 PM
poor guy suffered/ :applause:. if you kill someone, you're death shouldn't be a walk in the park. hell, most everyone in this world would like to die peacefully.

birddog
4/30/2014, 06:37 PM
Its ****ing SIMPLE either do away with the DP entirely and quit wasting Money on endless ****in appeals or give em 3 shots at an appeal and then Kill em the way they Killed their Victims.

Obviously If they thot it was Ok to Rape an 11 month old baby then bash its head in it should be alright for them to suffer the same fate!

vet, you wanna toss your hat in the ring for the raping part? maybe instead of your wiener you could jam a railroad spike up in there.

rock on sooner
4/30/2014, 06:54 PM
Welp, here's my 2 cents, you can be "fur" or "agin" the death penalty..IDM to me.
I firmly believe there are crimes that cry out for it, demand it...no argument anywhere.
Further, I believe the appeal process should be somehow short circuited, because of
the crime. Those crimes? That is arguable, but...anything that takes a child's life...
anything that takes a first responder trying to help a victim, forcible rape...terrorist
activity, among others.....

This ole man is left of center but, I gotta tellya, jus don't mess with common sense.
IDGAF yer politics, I'll FIX whut needs fixin!!!!

8timechamps
4/30/2014, 10:30 PM

That's the first thing I thought about. How do you "abort" an execution that's already in progress? Pro tip: You don't.

What I find shocking is that the reason states are having trouble getting the "death drugs" is because the European manufacturers are refusing to sell to the U.S. (because they don't have the DP apparently). WHY can't an American big pharma company manufacture the drug or something equivalent?!

As for the flopping deceased, I'm in the camp that he couldn't have died slowly, or painfully enough. However, our constitution does say no "cruel and unusual" punishment. So, next time get it right.

SanJoaquinSooner
5/1/2014, 02:10 AM
I remember the movie, Three in the Attic, in which three women try to f**k a guy to death.

okie52
5/1/2014, 08:13 AM
I remember the movie, Three in the Attic, in which three women try to f**k a guy to death.

Christopher Jones....Wild in the Streets....over 30 year olds were given LSD and put in concentration camps.

dwarthog
5/1/2014, 09:06 AM
We had a smart *** on death row who was severely over weight and chose hanging saying they couldn't find a rope strong enough to hold him. Someone should have told him about braided rope cause he did not get the last laugh.

He certainly wasn't there due to an extra helping of IQ if he was banking on that to bail him out.

Amsteel Blue....

TheHumanAlphabet
5/1/2014, 09:35 AM
I like the firing squad idea. Why make death neat and tidy? Seven people one or two good rounds, unknown to shooters and all aimed at the heart/center mass.

badger
5/1/2014, 01:14 PM
I like the firing squad idea. Why make death neat and tidy? Seven people one or two good rounds, unknown to shooters and all aimed at the heart/center mass.

Do they still do firing squad death penalty for the military?

TheHumanAlphabet
5/1/2014, 01:18 PM
I think the method is hanging.

TAFBSooner
5/2/2014, 08:45 AM

I thought it was one unknown member of the squad had a blank.

okie52
5/2/2014, 09:52 AM
I thought it was one unknown member of the squad had a blank.

I think it was one or two members of the firing squad had a blank (depending on the size of the firing squad).

ouwasp
5/2/2014, 11:06 AM
http://newsok.com/article/4744908?slideout=1

so the condemned had a self-inflicted cut, was tased, went without food, and then had the execution-gone-awry probably induce a fatal heart attack. Pretty rough day. Still, not as rough as his victim suffered. Color me unsympathetic.

okie52
5/2/2014, 01:17 PM
http://newsok.com/article/4744908?slideout=1

so the condemned had a self-inflicted cut, was tased, went without food, and then had the execution-gone-awry probably induce a fatal heart attack. Pretty rough day. Still, not as rough as his victim suffered. Color me unsympathetic.

Not only that but he apparently didn't have any good veins to use and they had to try the IV's in the groin area.

olevetonahill
5/2/2014, 01:19 PM
Military has went to the Lethal Injection IF they ever do another one.

http://www.fas.org/irp/doddir/army/r190_55.pdf

okiewaker
5/4/2014, 11:32 AM
So wuts all the hoopla about? His heart didn't stop beating in a "humane" way? Pffft. The goal was to end him,,, end him was accomplished. The victims family can now get closure.

olevetonahill
5/4/2014, 11:45 AM
I ask this in all honesty. Does anyone reaally GAS how he died? Or that he even died in the 1st place?
Does it affect you or your Family?

Turd_Ferguson
5/4/2014, 01:18 PM
I ask this in all honesty. Does anyone reaally GAS how he died? Or that he even died in the 1st place?

Nope, but watch and see if'n his relatives become gazillionairs...

olevetonahill
5/4/2014, 03:17 PM
Nope, but watch and see if'n his relatives become gazillionairs...

Sorta Whining fer dollars deal.

okiewaker
5/4/2014, 04:26 PM
Since a big stink has been made all over the country, his family will gladly except millions of tax payers money. Frankly, It would put a smile on my face to see them get into a tussle with a trash truck on the way to collection.

8timechamps
5/4/2014, 08:01 PM

Nope.

I was a little shocked when I first heard the story, but shortly after I thought "sucks to be a murderer".

badger
5/5/2014, 08:37 AM
I kind of GAS because since the execution didn't go as planned, the other execution scheduled for that night will now be delayed until this investigation is finished... about 2-3 months is the estimate.

If they were to take care of one before the other, I think that they chose the correct one. The victim's family of the one that's still alive did not speak favorably about capitol punishment, even if the victim was her then-infant daughter, who was reportedly raped and killed. Thus, there's closure of the family of the victim of the first death row guy who died, while the other doesn't seem to be seeking this type of closure anyway.

I also GAS because if Oklahoma were to have a successful go-as-planned execution, it would be a model for other states with capital punishment, as they are also facing shortages of execution drugs. Alas, it did not go as planned and now even Obama is talking about it.