PDA

View Full Version : Shook hands with Coach Stoops yesterday

BermudaSooner
4/28/2014, 12:49 PM
After the marathon. Cool that he was there doing that and congratulating everyone. Made me want to go out and run it all over again!

8timechamps
4/28/2014, 01:07 PM
Never wash that hand. Never.

birddog
4/28/2014, 04:23 PM
Prolly should have goosed him. That woulda been a story.

BoulderSooner79
4/28/2014, 07:43 PM
Good thing that wonky finger is on his left hand, or it could have been a creepy experience.

picasso
4/28/2014, 09:30 PM
Did he say you ran in a great way?

Ruf/Nek7
4/29/2014, 08:17 AM
Did he offer a scholarship?

Jason White's Third Knee
4/29/2014, 12:18 PM
What marathon was it? Congrats. Those are hard.

cvsooner
4/29/2014, 02:42 PM
Must be the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon, just run this weekend.

BermudaSooner
4/30/2014, 01:07 PM
Must be the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon, just run this weekend.

Right, the OKC Memorial Marathon. Stoops was downtown greeting the runners as they finished. He shook hands in a great way--a damn hard handshake--should have asked him to massage my calves--they were killing me.

MichiganSooner
5/3/2014, 10:28 AM
I shook hands with Coach Stoops at the ceremony unveiling the Heisman statues. My wife and I wandered over to Heisman Park to watch. There were chairs for several people and a rope surrounded the chairs. We stood just outside the rope and listened to the ceremony. While the ceremony was still going on, a state patrolman crawled under the rope and asked people to move back. He held up the rope for the next person to crawl under and up he stands; Bob Stoops facing me nose to nose. I extended my hand and said, "Hi Bob". He shook it and said, "Hi; thanks for coming out, everybody; we appreciate it." Then jogged off toward the stadium.

picasso
5/3/2014, 12:07 PM
Certainly...

8timechamps
5/4/2014, 07:55 PM
In a great way!

mainline13
5/5/2014, 06:17 PM
Right, the OKC Memorial Marathon. Stoops was downtown greeting the runners as they finished. He shook hands in a great way--a damn hard handshake--should have asked him to massage my calves--they were killing me.

I guess he was in the Marathon chute. I didn't see him when I finished the Half. And I'm slow enough that the Marathon winners were probably already gone.

But all I could do at the time was try to figure out where that grilling smell was coming from. I could have missed him completely.

BermudaSooner
5/6/2014, 01:02 PM
I guess he was in the Marathon chute. I didn't see him when I finished the Half. And I'm slow enough that the Marathon winners were probably already gone.

But all I could do at the time was try to figure out where that grilling smell was coming from. I could have missed him completely.

He was there around the 3:40 mark, so would have been about noon as the race started at 8:20. Someone else said Switzer was right next to him when they went through, but I didn't see him.