PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here plan to vote for Janet Barresi?

badger
4/23/2014, 02:56 PM
The latest in a long line of crazy. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/education/testing-exemption-granted-for-two-moyers-students-after-superintendent-s/article_fcf5dff6-cb17-11e3-ab56-001a4bcf6878.html)

She's our current state superintendent of schools. I voted for her four years ago because I liked the work that she had done with charter schools and thought it would be nice to get fresh ideas in after two decades of Democrat Sandy Garrett.

Anyways, I'm curious if anyone here still supports her and why.

FaninAma
4/25/2014, 02:09 PM
Nope. She's making decisions that help her pet chartered schools but are hurting public schools...especially those in the rural areas. She is an elitist.

She also rehired McGraw to administer the state acheivement tests after they royally screwed it up last year. Guess what? They screwed them up again this year with week long delays because of IT problems. So my youngest has sat in class all week doing basically nothing but busy work while the company Barresi hired gets their **** together.

BTW, the public school teachers hate her and it's not based on political views.

TAFBSooner
4/25/2014, 04:42 PM
Nope.

In fact, I might vote against her twice.

ouwasp
4/29/2014, 11:11 PM
Republican teacher here...I know of Zero support for Ms Barresi. We'll see if the voters in the west stick with her. In NE OK she will lose in a landslide. Good riddance. Primary voting is on June 24. Janet Baressi may not even make it to November.

badger
4/30/2014, 08:35 AM
I have already bragged to my Democrat friends that as a registered Republican, I get to vote against her and they likely won't. They seemed a bit jealous :D

It's not just that her decision making isn't sound... she's conducted herself in a way that is confrontational, temperamental, arrogant... pretty much everything you don't want setting an example for teachers of our children.

Pricetag
4/30/2014, 12:39 PM
We elected anything and everything Republican in 2010. There was bound to be a major dope or two in there. If we elect this lady again, we're the dopes.

okie52
4/30/2014, 01:19 PM
I guess I don't follow education issues enough. She supports common core which offends some people...I don't know if it is good or bad...

She supports consolidatiing school districts which I strongly support...but not many dems do. So I guess I'll just have to wait and see what comes up election time.

badger
4/30/2014, 02:02 PM
We elected anything and everything Republican in 2010. There was bound to be a major dope or two in there. If we elect this lady again, we're the dopes.

fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again. ;)

I guess I don't follow education issues enough. She supports common core which offends some people...I don't know if it is good or bad...

She supports consolidatiing school districts which I strongly support...but not many dems do. So I guess I'll just have to wait and see what comes up election time.

The biggest issues for me on the Barresi front are the botched testing issues two years in a row (with the same vendor that we payed millions) and the belief that she somehow thinks that schools are hoarding money so give the teachers raises with money you apparently already have (administrators have said that existing funds help schools make payroll till the next funding check comes in and is not spare money).

okie52
4/30/2014, 02:13 PM

The biggest issues for me on the Barresi front are the botched testing issues two years in a row (with the same vendor that we payed millions) and the belief that she somehow thinks that schools are hoarding money so give the teachers raises with money you apparently already have (administrators have said that existing funds help schools make payroll till the next funding check comes in and is not spare money).

Yep, the McGraw botches 2 years in a row would make them candidates for our corrections department...

I know many teachers don't like her but I always wondered if that was because she wasn't one of their own...

badger
4/30/2014, 03:14 PM
I know many teachers don't like her but I always wondered if that was because she wasn't one of their own
I think they'd be more inclined to support someone who showed more support for them. Instead, the strongest support seems to be for excessive testing. The state isn't trusting schools and teachers to decide whether a student can progress to the next grade now, a test is.

A twice botched, computer-error laden test.

TAFBSooner
5/6/2014, 10:39 PM

Sure you can. After all, you know who said that, and you're still voting Republican.

Or at least claiming Republican. Maybe I'm getting fooled.:mushroom:

badger
5/7/2014, 08:17 AM
Or at least claiming Republican. Maybe I'm getting fooled.:mushroom:

I vote mostly Republican, but living in Oklahoma they tend to be the candidates that run. I am not afraid to admit that I have voted for Democrats, though. I think Jari Askins would have made a fine governor, even if it would have meant less weird stories about Christina Fallin for the past four years :P

It will be interesting to see which Democrat comes out of the primary in the Superintendent race. Anybody know anything about these four?

Jack Herron - Government Relations Director, Professional Oklahoma Educators
Ivan Holmes - Retired educator and college professor
John Cox - Superintendent, Peggs school district in Cherokee County
Freda Deskin - Longtime educator

TAFBSooner
5/7/2014, 05:08 PM
I vote mostly Republican, but living in Oklahoma they tend to be the candidates that run. I am not afraid to admit that I have voted for Democrats, though. I think Jari Askins would have made a fine governor, even if it would have meant less weird stories about Christina Fallin for the past four years :P

It will be interesting to see which Democrat comes out of the primary in the Superintendent race. Anybody know anything about these four?

Until I do some due diligence, I'll provisionally support the actual teacher.

Like you mentioned, the real fun will be who beats Barresi in the R primary.

bluedogok
5/7/2014, 09:35 PM
Nope. She's making decisions that help her pet chartered schools but are hurting public schools...especially those in the rural areas. She is an elitist.

She also rehired McGraw to administer the state acheivement tests after they royally screwed it up last year. Guess what? They screwed them up again this year with week long delays because of IT problems. So my youngest has sat in class all week doing basically nothing but busy work while the company Barresi hired gets their **** together.

BTW, the public school teachers hate her and it's not based on political views.
My sister is a teacher and have a lot of family that are teachers or former teachers and friends from high school that are teachers. They represent a wide variety of political thought and none have anything positive to say about Barresi.

badger
5/8/2014, 09:33 AM
Like you mentioned, the real fun will be who beats Barresi in the R primary.

It's fun already... their debates have been quite... vocal (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/education/janet-barresi-joy-hofmeister-speak-at-republican-women-s-club/article_051426c0-bf60-11e3-96ec-001a4bcf6878.html):)

The magic date to circle, unless you are registered independent or not registered at all, is June 24. That's primary day. Up till then, I'm going to be a very grouchy phone answerer and mail retriever, as I suspect that the ads and push polling will be relentless in the days leading up to the election.

Vote Joy Hofmeister ...for now at least

SicEmBaylor
5/9/2014, 11:06 PM
Republican teacher here...I know of Zero support for Ms Barresi. We'll see if the voters in the west stick with her. In NE OK she will lose in a landslide. Good riddance. Primary voting is on June 24. Janet Baressi may not even make it to November.

I will abstain if she ends up winning the primary.

Pricetag
5/16/2014, 01:00 PM
I'm concerned that we haven't seen any commericals or anything about this race. I'm scared that Janet will win the primary due to apathy and then the general because that's just what we do.

She has added her maiden name, it looks like. Janet Costello-Barresi. Joy Hofmeister thinks she's trying to confuse voters. I think she's right, but I also wonder if Janet thinks the "Costello" will get her support from Latin voters. I haven't often heard of a brand name changing when the brand wasn't bad.

badger
5/16/2014, 01:39 PM
I will abstain if she ends up winning the primary.

You live in Oklahoma now?

In any event, here's an update on the crazy:

Earlier, she proposed that money in the state school activity fund could go to health insurance instead (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/education/barresi-calls-for-school-activities-funds-to-be-used-for/article_509eb53f-6038-53b9-839d-da4d5c97fd06.html)... money promised to schools that schools were relying on to finish out the year.

She also apparently is seeking all correspondence (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/education/janet-barresi-campaign-asks-schools-for-correspondence-with-rival-candidate/article_2998134b-8e9c-5062-8e9e-5f81a20e8315.html) between Tulsa area schools and her top Republican opponent.

Speaking of opponents, they're all apparently united in their quest against Common Core and Barresi. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/state-superintendent-candidates-at-tulsa-forum-call-for-ousting-of/article_d0b8ff6a-346c-5925-8a02-906ba2c54465.html)

If I were a state school official, from a lowly janitor to a district superintendent, I would probably be crying endlessly. They're such bad ideas and the schools just have no support from this administration. It's just all levels of bad regardless of whether you believe in a public education system or not

Did we mention the testing sh!t yet? The state House vastly overwrote that (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/capitol_report/state-house-sends-reading-bill-to-governor/article_413f61cc-da23-11e3-93a2-001a4bcf6878.html) mess late last week.

Pricetag
5/16/2014, 03:30 PM
She's like a rock star wrecking the f'n hotel room before leaving town (I hope).

badger
5/19/2014, 09:08 AM
She reminds me of Obama's standing with Democrats in red states... same party, but go away or you'll damage our credibility with voters. And no, we won't support you on issues our constituents don't like, because we'd rather be re-elected than be party-loyal.

So when Obama tries to justify prolonging a decision on Keystone XL, red state Democrats flip out.

And when Barresi tries to justify millions on botched testing... don't expect any support for anyone, Republicans included.

Well... except these six that voted "nay:" (http://legiscan.com/OK/rollcall/HB2625/id/333216)

Rep. Marian Cooksey
Rep. David Dank
Rep. Sally Kern
Rep. Reynolds
Rep. Mike Ritze
Rep. Paul Wesselhoft

SF.com voters --- who wants to kick those 6 out too? :P

I dunno if we can--- some might be running unopposed

TheHumanAlphabet
5/19/2014, 02:33 PM
Checking in, not being in OK and barely knowledgeable about her name. Why is she so bad / polarizing?

badger
5/20/2014, 10:25 AM
Checking in, not being in OK and barely knowledgeable about her name. Why is she so bad / polarizing?

From the outside looking in and from everything I've read and heard, she tried to do too much without seeking the input of others. There was a longtime (like, 20 years or so) Democrat named Sandy Garrett who was the previous state superintendent (it's an elected, not appointed position) so I think she may have felt some obligation to set the tone, make her mark, etc. immediately to show there's new leadership who's going to fix everything that we don't like about schools... like...

1- Those damn administrators. I think she tried unsuccessfully to get non-teaching/administrative money for both teacher pay raises and other initiatives. Didn't pass. Also was talk of consolidating districts, but don't think it every picked up steam.

2- No accountability. Let's spend millions on testing to ensure that our education money is being spent properly... except both testing firms used during her four years have botched the testing process and the testing methods are being called into question, especially whether it is best to let a single test determine whether a kid can go from third to fourth grade, rather than teachers and parents. (Currently the major issue of the election)

3- There's gotta be money somewhere! She has suggesting diverting funds from districts themselves (the money they use until the next check from the state comes in around summertime) and the "school activity fund" (money that had already been promised to districts, which they planned to use to fund the end of their school years) for other purposes, such as teacher pay increases, funding health insurance, etc. Neither idea went over very well with legislators or educators alike.

Basically, our state has shortchanged our schools, and schools have come to not rely on someone who should be their ally to help. As such, you're seeing a statewide rebellion from schools, legislators, you name it.

badger
5/21/2014, 08:54 AM
I want a new governor. Someone give me a candidate I can vote for this year.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepage1/fallin-vetoes-bill-that-would-change-third-grade-reading-law/article_39131f4e-97e5-5c95-9699-3ee30f96d5f4.html)

Gov. Mary Fallin vetoed a measure Tuesday that would relax the standards of a law requiring third-graders to read at a certain level or be held back.

Fallin said the measure would “gut” the law and return the state to “a broken system.”

I am disappointed beyond disappointment.

Democrat
00215 JOE DORMAN PO Box 2400 Oklahoma City
OK 73101
Republican
00140 MARY FALLIN PO Box 590 Oklahoma City
OK 73101
00483 CH
AD MOODY 200 N Harvey Ste 110 Oklahoma City
OK 73102
00547 DAX EWBANK 8324 S Broadway Guthrie
OK 73044
Independent
00060 RICHARD PRAWDZIENSKI 1712 Timber Ridge Rd Edmond
OK 73034
00444 JOE SILLS 1232 SW
92nd St Oklahoma City
OK 73139
00549 KIMBERLY WILLIS PO Box 57559 Oklahoma City
OK 73157

Who can tell me anything about the other declared candidates (pulled the list from the state election board site). Please, any reason at all to vote for someone besides Fallin. There's gotta be recourse for bad decisions, even if she's a shoo-in incumbent

Pricetag
5/21/2014, 09:43 AM
Not only did Fallin veto the bill, she waited until 11:59 PM last night to officially issue it, guaranteeing that the legislature, who passed it in overwhelming fashion (I think there were like six total votes against it in both houses), can't move to override her veto until today. She's hoping that the legislature won't be able to get it done before the session ends on Friday.

I mentioned that when we elected anything and everything with an R in 2010, that there were bound to be a couple of major dopes in there. Here's example number two.

badger
5/21/2014, 09:47 AM
Yes, six voted against it, out of nearly 100. It was like 89-6. And here they are one more time:

Rep. Marian Cooksey
Rep. David Dank
Rep. Sally Kern
Rep. Reynolds
Rep. Mike Ritze
Rep. Paul Wesselhoft
Sally Kern shouldn't get a vote, so really, it was only five.

I hope the state House raises a middle finger in her direction as much as they did for that firearms bill veto they overrode

Pricetag
5/21/2014, 09:56 AM
2- No accountability. Let's spend millions on testing to ensure that our education money is being spent properly... except both testing firms used during her four years have botched the testing process and the testing methods are being called into question, especially whether it is best to let a single test determine whether a kid can go from third to fourth grade, rather than teachers and parents. (Currently the major issue of the election)
I don't see how anyone could have viewed the testing fiasco last year and come out with any confidence in her leadership.

She never backed down from her insistance that last year was the fault of the districts, despite the fact that the larger districts quickly debunked the idea of technological limitations on their part. Then the contract with the testing company was extended right in the midst of it all!

Other states had sued the testing company and received monetary settlements. What did we get? Free testing, and promise of help from the testing company for our poor dumb districts this year!

When it happened again this year, in an election year, that's when Janet started coming hard and pissed after the testing company. Go figure.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/21/2014, 10:55 AM
Again, not being in OK. Why would the veto be a bad thing? Cursory review would seem to water down the reading requirements of 3rd grader's rather than support better reading skills. Like I said, cursory review...

badger
5/21/2014, 11:36 AM
Again, not being in OK. Why would the veto be a bad thing? Cursory review would seem to water down the reading requirements of 3rd grader's rather than support better reading skills. Like I said, cursory review...

The veto keeps a flawed test in place that is almost (there are six very limited exceptions) an end-all to whether public school third graders get promoted to fourth grade. The way that the test was conducted was flawed (technical issues) the way that the test tests is flawed (it includes some special needs students (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/education/nearly-half-of-third-graders-who-failed-reading-test-are/article_0c62a0bf-178e-5394-8ecb-cea895115ed5.html))... the list goes on, it's the primary reason I started this thread, those damn tests.

badger
5/21/2014, 04:02 PM
Glory glory Hallelujah...
Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/capitol_report/oklahoma-house-overrides-fallin-veto-on-reading-bill/article_729cb0e1-8ebd-5d49-ade0-c8c25ee5abcf.html)

Ton Loc
5/22/2014, 08:49 AM

Jack Herron

Graduated from OU and OSU
Played basketball for IBA.

I don't know ton about him professionally except that he seems to know every single person in the education and sports field, he can't stand Mary Fallin, Janet Barresi cost him his last job, and he wants to combine tons of school districts. Got to know him by hanging out with him at a ton of non-profit events over the years when my ex worked for/with him for 3-4 years. Nice guy but I haven't seen him in a bit.

Pricetag
5/22/2014, 09:56 AM
Janet Barresi couldn't think of a better word to describe the override than "pathetic." This is not the tone of someone who is in it to make things better for the children of Oklahoma--this is the tone of a bitter politician who is beginning to realize that the folks of this state do not support her agenda.

badger
5/22/2014, 11:27 AM
Hold the Hallelujah chorus...
Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/capitol_report/fight-over-reading-sufficiency-law-may-not-be-over/article_ec987b75-1e35-5dc2-a1a4-87be4a17655f.html)

I am really not sure what the hell is going on at this point, but it sounds less likely that legislature is going to adjourn as scheduled on Friday. They must, by law, adjourn by May 30

Pricetag
5/22/2014, 01:50 PM
Oh, for Pete's sake. So now they're trying to force a decision on which stinks worse, Common Core, or automatically holding back third graders because of a single test?

Wow. Way to go, legislature. Can't you guys get back to banning Sharia law or something?

badger
5/22/2014, 02:57 PM
Can't you guys get back to banning Sharia law or something?

No, the state had to pay out like $300K to settle a lawsuit on that front recently. No joke, $300K (http://newsok.com/state-of-oklahoma-owes-303333-in-plaintiffs-legal-fees-over-sharia-law-case/article/4835274)

So anyways, yeah, it does seem like they just traded crappy testing for Common Core.

I think there's a valuable lesson to be had in all of this: Don't depend on government for sh!t. Take care of your own health, your own kid's education, your own quality of life. I don't mean that you shouldn't expect ERs to handle true emergencies or keep kids out of public school, I just mean that you better eat fruits and vegetables and read your kids lots of books.

If you expect the government to Obamacare your next five heart surgeries or provide an Ivy League education at your local K-12... bwahahahahahaha

For the love of gawd Oklahoma, please fund something besides horizontal drilling this legislative session

champions77
5/27/2014, 04:46 PM
She was elected on the promise to fix what was wrong with Oklahoma Education. A monumental task in itself due to years of mismanagement, a lack of accountability, dumbed down standards and the biggest problem... teacher's unions. Did she make mistakes? You bet she did, just like her predecessors did. I give her a lot of credit for taking on the establishment, which for too many years was content in our schools turning out legions of illiterates into our society.
If you want to give the teacher's a much deserved pay raise, try wading through the largesse of the Administrator's budgets. That's were the ire of the teacher's should be. Really what do these people do all day?

Does anyone here really believe that going back to that is a better alternative?

badger
5/28/2014, 09:13 AM
Does anyone here really believe that going back to that is a better alternative?

I have given this a moment's thought, and have decided that if schools are hopelessly lost, perhaps this will make parents want to take their children's educations more seriously and not be dependent on schools to teach kids everything they need to know... not just reading and writing, but all parental aspects, that seem to fall more and more on teachers and schools.

Personally, looking at Oklahoma public schools has made me want to teach my own toddler as much as I can early-on.

Pricetag
6/19/2014, 10:47 AM
Dang, Barresi is slinging the mud, isn't she? I don't know how anyone could view her attack ads and be inspired to vote for her.

She's banking on people being distracted and frightened by words like "liberal," "bureaucrats," and "labor unions." Anything to distract from her track record as State Superintendent, I guess.

The "Hoffmeister is against kids with special needs" point is particularly unsavory. I'd be inclined to vote against Barresi on general principle for that one.

REDREX
6/19/2014, 12:52 PM
Anyone that can afford it is nuts if they don't send their kids to private schools

badger
6/23/2014, 02:30 PM
It has been awhile, but rest assured, I have not waivered on either point: I will not vote for Mary Fallin this primary, I will not vote for Janet Barresi either this primary nor the general election if she makes it that far. If I had multiple votes, I would vote as many times as possible against Barresi. The attack ads... the lies... the lies involving our beloved University of Oklahoma (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/2014_elections/researchers-decry-janet-barresi-s-statements-on-a-f-study/article_b6788a96-e3b1-5a32-93f5-fc0402f06a8b.html)... they must stop tomorrow. Please, voters, join me in voting this state super outta office on Tuesday. If you only vote in one election, vote in this one

okie52
6/23/2014, 02:49 PM
Dang, Barresi is slinging the mud, isn't she? I don't know how anyone could view her attack ads and be inspired to vote for her.

She's banking on people being distracted and frightened by words like "liberal," "bureaucrats," and "labor unions." Anything to distract from her track record as State Superintendent, I guess.

The "Hoffmeister is against kids with special needs" point is particularly unsavory. I'd be inclined to vote against Barresi on general principle for that one.

Conservative, God, Faith, Family values, etc... are used by most OK politicians (except for dems on the conservative part). Apparently liberal, bureaucrats and labor unions must work because they are used year after year by OK politicians.

badger
6/23/2014, 02:51 PM
Conservative, God, Faith, Family values, etc... are used by most OK politicians (except for dems on the conservative part). Apparently liberal, bureaucrats and labor unions must work because they are used year after year by OK politicians.
Anyone live in a blue state? What do the Democrats use as their catchwords? Just curious? I'm guessing equality and fairness?

okie52
6/23/2014, 02:59 PM
Anyone live in a blue state? What do the Democrats use as their catchwords? Just curious? I'm guessing equality and fairness?

1%ers, tax breaks for the rich (anti pub), womens health choices, clean energy, outsourcing jobs, minimum wage increase, extending unemployment, obamacare

Sooner8th
6/23/2014, 03:04 PM

We don't use catchwords near as much as republicans. We are concerned about fairness and equality. But we don't use them as catchwords, we mean it. Catchwords don't work on us.

okie52
6/23/2014, 03:05 PM
We don't use catchwords near as much as republicans. We are concerned about fairness and equality. But we don't use them as catchwords, we mean it. Catchwords don't work on us.

Hilarious!!!

badger
6/23/2014, 03:15 PM
I'm not faulting Democrats, Republicans or anyone else for using catchy things in advertising, because that is how advertising works --- limited time and space means you need fast words that get your audience's attention quickly.

I am highly curious about this... there's apparently a highly contested Brooklyn Congressional seat that's starting to get toxic. I'll look up some ads to see what buzzes around (like flies on garbage, yes)

olevetonahill
6/23/2014, 03:30 PM
I'm not faulting Democrats, Republicans or anyone else for using catchy things in advertising, because that is how advertising works --- limited time and space means you need fast words that get your audience's attention quickly.

I am highly curious about this... there's apparently a highly contested Brooklyn Congressional seat that's starting to get toxic. I'll look up some ads to see what buzzes around (like flies on garbage, yes)

Badj Matlock 8 dont care about anything cept Tryin to make Conservatives Look foolish and his Own sainted Libs Look well Like Saints. Hes a ****in Moran!

TheHumanAlphabet
6/23/2014, 03:40 PM

You lie. Progressives are all about obfuscation and lying...

badger
6/23/2014, 03:43 PM
Badj Matlock 8 dont care about anything cept Tryin to make Conservatives Look foolish and his Own sainted Libs Look well Like Saints. Hes a ****in Moran!

I don't get to talk to liberals too often living in Oklahoma, it's kind of fun. I do miss Hawaii 5-0 though. He was a fun liberal :D

Sooner8th
6/23/2014, 04:02 PM
You lie. Progressives are all about obfuscation and lying...

Too funny - all you do is accuse. Show me family values, pro life, they gonna take your guns, tax and spend, socialist, traditional values, Jesus, sates rights, ect on the left.

Have i missed any?

okie52
6/23/2014, 04:15 PM
Too funny - all you do is accuse. Show me family values, pro life, they gonna take your guns, tax and spend, socialist, traditional values, Jesus, sates rights, ect on the left.

Have i missed any?

Hah hah...were you blind to Pro choice, tax cuts for the rich, war on women, right wing radical, Neo con, global warming (UPDATE: CLIMATE CHANGE), Code words, War on the Middle Class, anti immigrant, etc...

I know, I know...the lefties don't buy into these catch words...it must be those dam independents that swallow this stuff.

ouwasp
6/23/2014, 05:03 PM
So disappointed my Republican son is out of town tomorrow...and we didn't consider the absentee ballot earlier, dadgummit. Oh well, I'll do my part to take down Janet. Told my son if Barresi wins by one vote we will have to live with the shame. Democrat wife and daughter can't help; they can only vote for the probable November loser.

Sooner8th
6/23/2014, 05:49 PM

Conservatives look foolish on their own, i don't have to try.

olevetonahill
6/23/2014, 06:07 PM
Conservatives look foolish on their own, i don't have to try.

You are a Moronic troll. Crawl away again until you think up some else idiotic to spew here.

Sooner8th
6/23/2014, 06:37 PM
Hah hah...were you blind to Pro choice, tax cuts for the rich, war on women, right wing radical, Neo con, global warming (UPDATE: CLIMATE CHANGE), Code words, War on the Middle Class, anti immigrant, etc...

I know, I know...the lefties don't buy into these catch words...it must be those dam independents that swallow this stuff.

You want to hear some more, liberal media bias, lamestream media, god given rights, Pro-Family.

Did i say we have none? Of course not, I said We don't use catchwords near as much as republicans. All republicans have to say to get elected jesus, guns and socialism.

Show me where we have dog whistles like family values, taker vs maker, tax cuts, states rights, urban voters.

You don't see democrats just spewing the catch phrases, we actual talk about our positions.

Sooner8th
6/23/2014, 06:40 PM
You are a Moronic troll. Crawl away again until you think up some else idiotic to spew here.

I refer you to this thread - Tell me who to vote for Tuesday.

'nuff said-------

olevetonahill
6/23/2014, 06:44 PM
Im a Moronic Dildo Troll!

'nuff said-------

Why Yes, yes you are!

badger
6/24/2014, 10:03 AM
So disappointed my Republican son is out of town tomorrow...and we didn't consider the absentee ballot earlier, dadgummit. Oh well, I'll do my part to take down Janet. Told my son if Barresi wins by one vote we will have to live with the shame. Democrat wife and daughter can't help; they can only vote for the probable November loser.

I will vote against Janet twice, thrice if necessary (there's more than two Republican candidates so I guess a runoff is possible). Hopefully just once, but I will vote against her until she goes away or learns her lesson about spending millions of public taxpayer dollars on testing... FAILED testing... from the same ****ing company and not demanding a full refund or at least more of a refund like other states got last year...

GAHHHHH I NEED TO VOTE AGAINST HER ASAP

okie52
6/24/2014, 10:17 AM
You want to hear some more, liberal media bias, lamestream media, god given rights, Pro-Family.

Did i say we have none? Of course not, I said We don't use catchwords near as much as republicans. All republicans have to say to get elected jesus, guns and socialism.

Show me where we have dog whistles like family values, taker vs maker, tax cuts, states rights, urban voters.

You don't see democrats just spewing the catch phrases, we actual talk about our positions.

Big oil, Koch brothers, civil rights, FAUX News, anti science...yep, we can play this game all day and you will still think (I use that term loosely) that libs don't listen to "catch phrases" and right wingers do.

Who did you vote for today 8th?

olevetonahill
6/24/2014, 10:31 AM
Big oil, Koch brothers, civil rights, FAUX News, anti science...yep, we can play this game all day and you will still think (I use that term loosely) that libs don't listen to "catch phrases" and right wingers do.

He aint Old enough to Vote Bro.

okie52
6/24/2014, 10:42 AM

Heh heh....

Sooner8th
6/24/2014, 10:49 AM

We are talking about catchphrases, pro-life, states rights, family values, you are just trying to make it seem dems do it was much as you guys do.

olevetonahill
6/24/2014, 10:54 AM

Heh heh....

Mentally anyway.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/24/2014, 11:11 AM
Show me family values, pro life, they gonna take your guns, tax and spend, socialist, traditional values, Jesus, sates rights, ect on the left.

The Progs and Leftists don't believe in any of this...

Family Values: All they have done is to support the break down of the family and continued a welfare state by funding single women with baby's and not supporting a nuclear family or making the baby daddy pay for their sperm injection. In fact, many of the sperm injectors are on welfare as well. Need to put these people into a CCC type work camp and make them pay their way.

Pro-Life: They are certainly not this, but pro-death of fetus. While, I for one, do not think abortion should be banned, it should not be a go to option for birth control. They are using eugenics as a way to manipulate the poor population and reduce consequences of actions. Shame can be a good thing...

Gonna take your guns: Proven true on so many levels and with such false data and statistics that there needs no rebuttal on this. It is FACT. They are afraid of our Constitutional Right.

Tax and spend: They love everyone else's money, but don't touch their money. See my sig and Hillary's and Chelsea's latest comments. Pelosi and et al...jacking up our taxes to pay for crap many don't want and we certainly don't need to spend on...Let's see, trumped up lies on Climate Change, falsification of data, lack of border enforcement to force illegals to be given sanction, and increase federal spending on welfare...Lies on "renewable" energy, killing the National Symbol, wasting our money on failed ventures, giving proprietary secrets to the ChiComs...

Traditional values: Don't know what that is, but values this country had in the 40s, 50s and 60s were not such a bad thing. People worked hard, that generation saved the world and put people in space and on the moon, the world's greatest technological and scientific feat ever to date.

Jesus: I have never seen anyone following his philosophy truly and with conviction be a problem in this world. At least they have a moral compass and are better than the moral relativistic people in world where there is no absolute and everything goes...

States Rights: A Constitutional Right...you disagree with States rights? move to Europe.

This is what the Progs and Leftists believe and want...

okie52
6/24/2014, 11:19 AM
We are talking about catchphrases, pro-life, states rights, family values, you are just trying to make it seem dems do it was much as you guys do.

Yep, I'm just trying to make it "seem" that way.

So who did you for today 8th? Come on, share with us your choices for governor, senators, school super, corporation commissioner...

Sooner8th
6/24/2014, 12:13 PM

Family Values: All they have done is to support the break down of the family and continued a welfare state by funding single women with baby's and not supporting a nuclear family or making the baby daddy pay for their sperm injection. In fact, many of the sperm injectors are on welfare as well. Need to put these people into a CCC type work camp and make them pay their way.

Pro-Life: They are certainly not this, but pro-death of fetus. While, I for one, do not think abortion should be banned, it should not be a go to option for birth control. They are using eugenics as a way to manipulate the poor population and reduce consequences of actions. Shame can be a good thing...

Gonna take your guns: Proven true on so many levels and with such false data and statistics that there needs no rebuttal on this. It is FACT. They are afraid of our Constitutional Right.

Tax and spend: They love everyone else's money, but don't touch their money. See my sig and Hillary's and Chelsea's latest comments. Pelosi and et al...jacking up our taxes to pay for crap many don't want and we certainly don't need to spend on...Let's see, trumped up lies on Climate Change, falsification of data, lack of border enforcement to force illegals to be given sanction, and increase federal spending on welfare...Lies on "renewable" energy, killing the National Symbol, wasting our money on failed ventures, giving proprietary secrets to the ChiComs...

Traditional values: Don't know what that is, but values this country had in the 40s, 50s and 60s were not such a bad thing. People worked hard, that generation saved the world and put people in space and on the moon, the world's greatest technological and scientific feat ever to date.

Jesus: I have never seen anyone following his philosophy truly and with conviction be a problem in this world. At least they have a moral compass and are better than the moral relativistic people in world where there is no absolute and everything goes...

States Rights: A Constitutional Right...you disagree with States rights? move to Europe.

Thank you for proving my point about you people being lemmings. You got all the dog whistles right on target, regurgitated from any rightwingnut website or republican candidate.

Sooner8th
6/24/2014, 12:14 PM
Yep, I'm just trying to make it "seem" that way.

So who did you for today 8th? Come on, share with us your choices for governor, senators, school super, corporation commissioner...

i live in kansas---with our failed cutting taxes "experiment". Even pubs are dropping our idiot of a governor.

Tell me who did you vote for for governor? Was it Mary "cheating whore" Fallin?

Who else of you Jesus, family values, traditional values voters voted for her?

olevetonahill
6/24/2014, 12:21 PM
i live in kansas---with our failed cutting taxes "experiment". Even pubs are dropping our idiot of a governor.

Tell me who did you vote for for governor?
Was it Mary "cheating whore" Fallin?

I bet you voted 4 times for old Slick willie dint ya?

badger
6/24/2014, 12:25 PM

I actually voted for Jari Askins, who was incredibly qualified and I thought would add needed balance to our Republican-majority legislature... sadly, the "D" designation did her in. You can be a gun loving NRA member, but "Democrat" is a death warrant in a statewide election anymore. No more Brad Henrys and Sandy Garretts... but then again, no David Walters either

Sooner8th
6/24/2014, 12:28 PM
I bet you voted 4 times for old Slick willie dint ya?

You forget, i'm a godless liberal who doesn't pretend to be a Jesus, family values, traditional values voter, like you and yours. Then again I know it only applies to democrats.

Voted for her dint ya?

Sooner8th
6/24/2014, 12:41 PM
I actually voted for Jari Askins, who was incredibly qualified and I thought would add needed balance to our Republican-majority legislature... sadly, the "D" designation did her in. You can be a gun loving NRA member, but "Democrat" is a death warrant in a statewide election anymore. No more Brad Henrys and Sandy Garretts... but then again, no David Walters either

Thank you for proving my point that republicans are lemmings, all you have to do is say Jesus, guns and scream SOCIALIST while pointing at your opponent and you are elected. The D after the name and they cannot be voted into office in R territory. Let's compare with the most liberal state in the union - Massachusetts.

The last REPUBLICAN presidential candidate was the governor of? That's right MASSACHUSETTS! Rightwingnut teabagger SCOTT BROWN - yep good 'ol Mass! Any dems in state wide office in OK? Or Kansas? Try Texas, Utah.

Please, please ask bring up California!

badger
6/24/2014, 01:00 PM
Any dems in state wide office in OK?

Not at the moment. I think the state grew weary of Democrats around the time of David Walters. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Walters) 1996 was the last presidential election where a majority of Oklahomans did not vote Republican (48 percent I think).

While I did not live in Oklahoma till 2001, there seemed to be turn to the even-more-right around the late 90s to early aughts, when Democratic majorities in both the Oklahoma House and Senate disappeared. If I'm not mistaken, there was an even split in the Oklahoma Senate in 2006... interesting story behind a state Senator that caused that from Tulsa, but my posts here are already long enough.

okie52
6/24/2014, 01:17 PM

Yep, I voted for the cheatin whore....no war on women for me. Don't know anything about Dax and Moody was a flake even though I do like his pot stand. Do you smoke pot 8th?

Jesus and family values works well in KS, doesn't it? How can a free thinker like yourself stand it there with all of those lemmings and catch phrases?

Sooner8th
6/24/2014, 02:03 PM
Yep, I voted for the cheatin whore....no war on women for me. Don't know anything about Dax and Moody was a flake even though I do like his pot stand. Do you smoke pot 8th?

Jesus and family values works well in KS, doesn't it? How can a free thinker like yourself stand it there with all of those lemmings and catch phrases?

So much for traditional family values and Jesus huh?

Born in OK, raised in KS since i was 4. Unfortunately it's home. Trust me ,I cannot wait to get out of this ****hole.

olevetonahill
6/24/2014, 02:03 PM
You forget, i'm a godless liberal who doesn't pretend to be a Jesus, family values, traditional values voter, like you and yours. Then again I know it only applies to democrats.

Voted for her dint ya?

Ima Democrat ya ****in Dumas I cant vote for her today.

olevetonahill
6/24/2014, 02:06 PM

Born in OK, raised in KS since i was 4. Unfortunately it's home. Trust me ,I cannot wait to get out of this ****hole.

You can leave on your own when ya turn 18 right?

okie52
6/24/2014, 02:38 PM

Family values worked for Clinton...right? Jesus still loves sinners.

How many pub US representatives are from New England...you know those 6 states known as CT, VT, NH, ME, MA and RI? 0, zero, zippo, nada, goose egg, nil...out of 21 reps not a single pub rep for these "free thinkers".

Lets see Scott Brown lasted 2 years in office before he was beaten by that okie elizabeth warren from the wannabe tribe...now MA has a democrat governor, 2 democrat senators and 9 democrat US reps and not a single pub in the mix...their open mindedness should be a lesson for us all!!!

I actually like the fact that Obama never won a county in OK in either election, nor did kerry or Gore. Pitching shutouts. Oh, and Brad Henry (a dem) was the two term governor before Fallin as was the Lt Governor Jari Askins. But, OK has done a better job of house keeping lately. Did you know that Dems controlled the OK legislature for over 100 years until 2010? The dark years are hopefully behind us now.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/24/2014, 02:54 PM
Thank you for proving my point that republicans are lemmings, all you have to do is say Jesus, guns and scream SOCIALIST while pointing at your opponent and you are elected. The D after the name and they cannot be voted into office in R territory. Let's compare with the most liberal state in the union - Massachusetts.

The last REPUBLICAN presidential candidate was the governor of? That's right MASSACHUSETTS! Rightwingnut teabagger SCOTT BROWN - yep good 'ol Mass! Any dems in state wide office in OK? Or Kansas? Try Texas, Utah.

Please, please ask bring up California!

Lemme gues, you would vote for Fauxcahontas...

okie52
6/24/2014, 02:59 PM

Heh heh...she likes big tents

TAFBSooner
6/24/2014, 03:03 PM
But, OK has done a better job of house keeping lately. Did you know that Dems controlled the OK legislature for over 100 years until 2010? The dark years are hopefully behind us now.

Oklahoma was solidly Democratic until 1965, but many if not most of those Dems were conservatives. Actual liberals have been in a minority here since WWII.

Just like Oklahomans today register R so that they can vote in the primary, back in the day people registered D because the D primary was the only election that mattered.

Sooner8th
6/24/2014, 03:04 PM

Conservatives and republicans don't believe it either, it is lip service, talking points - CATCHPHRASES.

Family Values: Mary Fallin, John McCain, newt gingrich, MARK STANFORD, Vance McAllister, David Vitter Mark Foley, Henry Hyde Larry Craig. enough or do you want more?

Pro-Life: six years bush had majorities that could have pushed through restritions on abortions and didn't BTW - we agree on this point 'cept the eugenics as a way to manipulate the poor population and reduce consequences of actions part - where do you get that at?

Gonna take your guns: when? where? show me a single law passed to take your guns. Are background checks taking your guns? NO We know you don't need an assault rifle nor should you have a gun in a bar or a church or a school.

Tax and spend: lowest tax share of the economy since 1950, at least a couple of years ago. Don't kid yourself, republicans raise taxes too, just not on the rich.

Traditional values: Values this country had in the 40s, 50s and 60s were not such a bad thing? Really? You mean that part about blacks sitting on the back of the bus, having their own water fountains, couldn't eat in restaurants or stay in hotels? Jim Crow laws not such a bad thing? Americans who wanted to exercise their CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO VOTE MURDERED? Not such a bad thing? How about that part where they could go to war and fight for the freedoms that people like bush, cheney and romney enjoyed but they couldn't vote or eat at a lunch counter? Not such a bad thing? WOW

Jesus: death penalty? Hating gays? You foolishly think that the only people who have a moral compass and are better than the moral relativistic people in world where there is no absolute and everything goes is Christians. You have fallen into the same foolish trap conservatives always fall into - all or none. This is the same straw man arguement of gay marriage, they want to be able to marry animals next.

State rights: dog whistles for conservatives to take rights away from AMERICAN citizens. Voting, laws YOU disagree with.

You start out in 1954 by saying, “******, ******, ******.” By 1968 you can't say “******” — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “******, ******.”

1981 interview with Lee Atwater - Regean 1984 campaign's deputy director and political director and George H.W. Bush's 1988 campaign manager

TAFBSooner
6/24/2014, 03:09 PM

I envy you all your free time on election day, if you never vote for any politician that's ever told a lie.

okie52
6/24/2014, 03:09 PM
Oklahoma was solidly Democratic until 1965, but many if not most of those Dems were conservatives. Actual liberals have been in a minority here since WWII.

Just like Oklahomans today register R so that they can vote in the primary, back in the day people registered D because the D primary was the only election that mattered.

Very true. We did have some very liberal guys like senator Fred Harris and Congressman Mike Synar but for the most part OK has been a conservative state and now has replaced the D with an R although there are still more registered dems in OK than pubs.

I would really look at some local dems if they didn't feel the need to endorse national candidates that are bad for this state. Dan Boren came close when he said he wouldn't endorse Obama but would vote for him...too bad his dad couldn't have done the same thing. Brad Carson ran against Coburn and I thought he was a sharp dem and was sorry to see him drop out of politics.

okie52
6/24/2014, 03:11 PM
I envy you all your free time on election day, if you never vote for any politician that's ever told a lie.

Hell, she never recanted her story just moved into "fuzzy memory". So you're giving her a pass?

Sooner8th
6/24/2014, 03:46 PM
Family values worked for Clinton...right? Jesus still loves sinners.

How many pub US representatives are from New England...you know those 6 states known as CT, VT, NH, ME, MA and RI? 0, zero, zippo, nada, goose egg, nil...out of 21 reps not a single pub rep for these "free thinkers".

Lets see Scott Brown lasted 2 years in office before he was beaten by that okie elizabeth warren from the wannabe tribe...now MA has a democrat governor, 2 democrat senators and 9 democrat US reps and not a single pub in the mix...their open mindedness should be a lesson for us all!!!

I actually like the fact that Obama never won a county in OK in either election, nor did kerry or Gore. Pitching shutouts. Oh, and Brad Henry (a dem) was the two term governor before Fallin as was the Lt Governor Jari Askins. But, OK has done a better job of house keeping lately. Did you know that Dems controlled the OK legislature for over 100 years until 2010? The dark years are hopefully behind us now.

Hey mr rocket scientist, you are talking about REPRESENTATIVES, not SENATORS. You see - REPRESENTATIVES are not statewide - SENATORS are. Brown was still elected so was romney.

Your last paragraph just proves my point - you are a lemming. Traditional family values out the window - when it's a R after the name. Vote for her again this November cause the other one, the one with a D after their name, wants to take your guns, hates Jesus and is a SOCIALIST!

okie52
6/24/2014, 04:10 PM
Hey mr rocket scientist, you are talking about REPRESENTATIVES, not SENATORS. You see - REPRESENTATIVES are not statewide - SENATORS are. Brown was still elected so was romney.

Your last paragraph just proves my point - you are a lemming. Traditional family values out the window - when it's a R after the name. Vote for her again this November cause the other one, the one with a D after their name, wants to take your guns, hates Jesus and is a SOCIALIST!

Actually einstein, in Vermont's case it is a statewide office as they only have one rep for the state. 21-0 not mean anything to you? By the way, regurgitator, Vermont also has a socialist senator that Obama not only endorsed but campaigned for him along with many dems:

New York Senator Chuck Schumer, the Chairman of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, endorsed Sanders: a critical move, as it meant that no Democrat running against Sanders could expect to receive financial help from the party. Sanders was also endorsed by Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada, and Democratic National Committee Chairman and former Vermont Governor Howard Dean. Dean said in May 2005 that he considered Sanders an ally who "votes with the Democrats 98% of the time".[32] Then-Senator Barack Obama also campaigned for Sanders in Vermont.

Can't imagine how dems would ever get tied to the word socialist...can you?

Mary could be screwing bill clinton as long as she is on the right side of the issues, particularly energy in her case...ever looked beyond the "d" when you voted 8th or is that all you need to see?

Just going to ignore Massachussetts governor and total congressional delegation being democrat as do many states in New England?

So following your "critical thinking":

Red states with an all pub delegation=lemmings

Blue states with all democrat delegation= free thinkers

That about size it up for ya there, free thinker?

(and pay no attention to no pub reps in all of New England)

Sooner8th
6/24/2014, 04:30 PM
Actually einstein, in Vermont's case it is a statewide office as they only have one rep for the state. 21-0 not mean anything to you? By the way, regurgitator, Vermont also has a socialist senator that Obama not only endorsed but campaigned for him along with many dems:

Just going to ignore Massachussetts governor and total congressional delegation being democrat as do many states in New England?

First I know exactly how the word socialist got tied to democrats. The question is DO YOU?

How A Top Fox Editor Tried To Tie Obama To Socialism

During the final days of the 2008 presidential race, Bill Sammon used his position as a top Fox News editor to engage in a campaign to link then-Sen. Barack Obama to "Marxists" and "socialism," internal Fox documents and a review of his televised appearances show.

On October 27, 2008, Sammon sent an email to colleagues highlighting what he described as "Obama's references to socialism, liberalism, Marxism and Marxists" in his 1995 autobiography Dreams From My Father. Shortly after sending the email, Sammon -- then the network's Washington deputy managing editor -- appeared on two Fox News programs to discuss his research and also wrote a FoxNews.com piece about Obama's "affinity to Marxists" that was disseminated throughout the conservative blogosphere.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2011/02/01/foxleaks-bill-sammons-october-surprise/175755

That didn't work out too well for you did it?

Let me talk slow and use small words so you'll understand - we were talking about STATE WIDE ELECTIONS. OK see the difference? Get it?

Sooner8th
6/24/2014, 04:44 PM

Mary could be screwing bill clinton as long as she is on the right side of the issues, particularly energy in her case...ever looked beyond the "d" when you voted 8th or is that all you need to see?

And hey okie52 they guy that said it, doesn't even believe it, but you and yours took it hook line and sinker and still believe it.

Bill Sammon, of Fox News 2009 speech on a cruise ship -

You know, speaking of mischief, last year, candidate Barack Obama stood on a sidewalk in Toledo, Ohio, and first let it slip to Joe the Plumber that he wanted to quote, “spread the wealth around.” At that time, I have to admit, that I went on TV on Fox News and publicly engaged in what I guess was some rather mischievous speculation about whether Barack Obama really advocated socialism, a premise that privately I found rather far-fetched.

http://www.salon.com/2011/03/29/bill_sammon_socialism/

Like i said - LEMMINGS!

okie52
6/24/2014, 04:58 PM
First I know exactly how the word socialist got tied to democrats. The question is DO YOU?

How A Top Fox Editor Tried To Tie Obama To Socialism

During the final days of the 2008 presidential race, Bill Sammon used his position as a top Fox News editor to engage in a campaign to link then-Sen. Barack Obama to "Marxists" and "socialism," internal Fox documents and a review of his televised appearances show.

On October 27, 2008, Sammon sent an email to colleagues highlighting what he described as "Obama's references to socialism, liberalism, Marxism and Marxists" in his 1995 autobiography Dreams From My Father. Shortly after sending the email, Sammon -- then the network's Washington deputy managing editor -- appeared on two Fox News programs to discuss his research and also wrote a FoxNews.com piece about Obama's "affinity to Marxists" that was disseminated throughout the conservative blogosphere.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2011/02/01/foxleaks-bill-sammons-october-surprise/175755

That didn't work out too well for you did it?

Let me talk slow and use small words so you'll understand - we were talking about STATE WIDE ELECTIONS. OK see the difference? Get it?

Campaigning for a socialist shouldn't mean you actually support socialism? More of that critical thinking eh, Einstein? Those dem leaders really know how to draw a line in the sand on their "principles".

Governors and senators are statewide elections free thinker...or didn't you know that? And Massachussetts governor and senators are dems...see how that works.

But in six "free thinking" states you would think there would be at least one district that would vote pub...just one...

Now you want to tell me how Massachussetts having its governor, senators and all of its congressmen be all dems represents "free thinking" ?

Of course I know most things are beyond your comprehension particularly original thought, but just try to imagine in those dark blue recesses of your brain that there actually isn't any difference in red states going all for pubs vs blue states going all for dems. Smoke some pot if that will help you...of course you probably should drive to Colorado first.

okie52
6/24/2014, 05:01 PM
And hey okie52 they guy that said it, doesn't even believe it, but you and yours took it hook line and sinker and still believe it.

Bill Sammon, of Fox News 2009 speech on a cruise ship -

You know, speaking of mischief, last year, candidate Barack Obama stood on a sidewalk in Toledo, Ohio, and first let it slip to Joe the Plumber that he wanted to quote, “spread the wealth around.” At that time, I have to admit, that I went on TV on Fox News and publicly engaged in what I guess was some rather mischievous speculation about whether Barack Obama really advocated socialism, a premise that privately I found rather far-fetched.

http://www.salon.com/2011/03/29/bill_sammon_socialism/

Like i said - LEMMINGS!

Well that clears it all up. Obama is not a socialist. Did you want him to be?

Sooner8th
6/24/2014, 05:17 PM

OK mr lemming, you want to talk about states will all of one party representitives?

Hows this?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c7/112th_US_House.svg/1280px-112th_US_House.svg.png

olevetonahill
6/24/2014, 05:41 PM
OK mr lemming, you want to talk about states will all of one party representitives?

Hows this?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c7/112th_US_House.svg/1280px-112th_US_House.svg.png

Oh Look Okie he can color in between the lines. Im so proud.

okie52
6/24/2014, 06:00 PM

Hows this?

Heh heh. It's fine by me Mr poopy pants but your map is out of date because all of OK should be red now. Please dont ever put blue on OK again. And, as you should know, large rural counties tend to be red while smaller coastal areas tend to be blue so I'm not sure what you're trying project. Post a link and I'll be glad to explain it to you.

okie52
6/24/2014, 06:02 PM
Oh Look Okie he can color in between the lines. Im so proud.

Heh he...All that red must hurt his eyes.

Sooner8th
6/24/2014, 07:05 PM
Heh heh. It's fine by me Mr poopy pants but your map is out of date because all of OK should be red now. Please dont ever put blue on OK again. And, as you should know, large rural counties tend to be red while smaller coastal areas tend to be blue so I'm not sure what you're trying project. Post a link and I'll be glad to explain it to you.

Let me explain it to you........you were talking about states with only democratic representatives - I am showing you that a lot of states have only republicans,m get it now? Or do i need to use smaller words?

That was 2012 here is 2014

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/59/113th_US_House.svg/1241px-113th_US_House.svg.png

10 all red states 9 all blue if i'm counting correctly. You keep trying the false equivalence of we do it too, but as much as you though and we don't run around claiming we do like you do. Anyway you showed your true lemming colors.

okie52
6/24/2014, 07:46 PM
Let me explain it to you........you were talking about states with only democratic representatives - I am showing you that a lot of states have only republicans,m get it now? Or do i need to use smaller words?

That was 2012 here is 2014

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/59/113th_US_House.svg/1241px-113th_US_House.svg.png

10 all red states 9 all blue if i'm counting correctly. You keep trying the false equivalence of we do it too, but as much as you though and we don't run around claiming we do like you do. Anyway you showed your true lemming colors.

Do you suffer from poor English or is your computer having problems.

False equivalency?...er umm yeah there Einstein just look at your facts.
But hey, that 10-9 red state advantage...boomer sooner!!!

badger
6/24/2014, 08:55 PM
Barresi update: na na na na na na na na hey hey hey gooooooooodbyyyyyyyyye!

Early returns show she may not even come in second among republicans. Hope she didn't spend all that money she loaned her campaign. Ouch. Total, complete rejection. Landslide loss. A big resounding "no" from her own party's voters.

Na na na na....

okie52
6/24/2014, 08:58 PM
Barressi 3rd place. Amazing

ouwasp
6/24/2014, 09:35 PM
Proud of my fellow Republicans for ending Barresi's term in such a resounding, dramatic fashion! Job well done, GOP. Ms Barresi was just on TV, bitter as ever. Good riddance, ma'am. You failed this test!

My Demo daughter hasn't been paying attention to politics much lately. She heard my wife and I talking over some of the Republican race results and asked if the democrats had any races. I told her sure....they got to pick the losers for this November!

Wishboned
6/24/2014, 09:58 PM
She came in third behind a guy who barely campaigned at all.

olevetonahill
6/24/2014, 10:01 PM
She came in third behind a guy who barely campaigned at all.

Is there a Link on line that we can see the results all over the state?

TAFBSooner
6/24/2014, 10:01 PM
Barressi 3rd place. Amazing

Not so amazing after she managed to pizz off the whole state. Wonderful - yeah I'd go with wonderful. :-)

My wife is a teacher - she was doing the happy dance tonight.

Wishboned
6/24/2014, 10:18 PM

I tried looking for one with a county by county break down and couldn't find one.

Here's all the election results....

http://www.news9.com/category/193017/election-results

okie52
6/24/2014, 10:34 PM
Not so amazing after she managed to pizz off the whole state. Wonderful - yeah I'd go with wonderful. :-)

My wife is a teacher - she was doing the happy dance tonight.

I voted for hofmeister primarily because of teachers.

badger
6/25/2014, 08:52 AM

In this race specifically, Barresi carried no counties. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/county-by-county-vote-totals-hofmeister-wins-them-all-in/article_75a6c895-e9ce-5f64-8a17-5298b112c194.html) Joy Hofmeister carried every single one. Follow the link for number specifics.

As for all of the Oklahoma election results, the state election board site is down, so here's Tulsa World (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/2014_elections/) and here's The Oklahoman. (http://newsok.com/news/politics)

For anyone who thought this would be a landslide overwhelming defeat, Barresi had a few things going for her:

1- She's a Republican
2- She's an incumbent
3- She had spent the most money

At the same time, she had a few things going against her unrelated to anything education:
1- It was a statewide office during a hot primary (two Senate races, contested U.S. House seats, governor's race, etc)
2- A lot of people were angry and saying so publicly

Absent of everything else, there was a big movement for change that not even a million-plus dollars of her own money could overcome.

Congrats, voters. You made your voice heard in this primary

TheHumanAlphabet
6/25/2014, 09:16 AM

This wasn't just a lie or falsehood, this was outright fraud and deception, in order for her to get a leg up on a hiring process. She not only has no ethics, she has no moral compass.

okie52
6/25/2014, 09:18 AM
In this race specifically, Barresi carried no counties. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/county-by-county-vote-totals-hofmeister-wins-them-all-in/article_75a6c895-e9ce-5f64-8a17-5298b112c194.html) Joy Hofmeister carried every single one. Follow the link for number specifics.

As for all of the Oklahoma election results, the state election board site is down, so here's Tulsa World (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/2014_elections/) and here's The Oklahoman. (http://newsok.com/news/politics)

For anyone who thought this would be a landslide overwhelming defeat, Barresi had a few things going for her:

1- She's a Republican
2- She's an incumbent
3- She had spent the most money

At the same time, she had a few things going against her unrelated to anything education:
1- It was a statewide office during a hot primary (two Senate races, contested U.S. House seats, governor's race, etc)
2- A lot of people were angry and saying so publicly

Absent of everything else, there was a big movement for change that not even a million-plus dollars of her own money could overcome.

Congrats, voters. You made your voice heard in this primary

I'm not so sure that Barressi's loss may not have been worse had the election not been held with other statewide elections. The teachers were going to show up no matter what the circumstances/conditions.

Pricetag
6/25/2014, 09:20 AM
gqQQ9_p02o0

badger
6/25/2014, 09:50 AM
I'm not so sure that Barressi's loss may not have been worse had the election not been held with other statewide elections. The teachers were going to show up no matter what the circumstances/conditions.

I've found that limited elections with low turnout tend to have the strangest, unexpected results, likely due to only those that have emotional or financial ties remembering to go out and vote. With the highly contested Lanford/Shannon primary, among others, and the fact that it was a statewide superintendent race as opposed to a local school board election, there's a lot more mainstream and a lot less fringe to count on to vote.

As a sidenote, I don't know who was coaching Barresi during the final week of campaigning, but check out this video of Janet vs Joy last week at a Tulsa TV station debate (http://www.theokie.com/full-video-barresi-hofmeister-face-off-in-ktul-debate/). The creepy smile after all of her answers was probably to make her look more friendly to families and children... but it really looked the opposite.

If you can't view the video, here's a screenshot:
http://i62.tinypic.com/2w5km5z.png

:eek:

TAFBSooner
6/26/2014, 01:48 PM
This wasn't just a lie or falsehood, this was outright fraud and deception, in order for her to get a leg up on a hiring process. She not only has no ethics, she has no moral compass.

So, it looks like she scares you more than Hilary does.

Are you a Wall Street banker?

TheHumanAlphabet
6/30/2014, 12:21 PM
So, it looks like she scares you more than Hilary does.

Are you a Wall Street banker?
She doesn't scare me, she is a piece of excrement that only could have been elected in MA. If she tried to in OK, she would have had her hat handed to her.

badger
9/25/2014, 11:37 AM
You know what we need to have happen? Un-elected officials leave office the day they are unelected.

Exhibit 1: Janet Barresi. (http://www.thelostogle.com/2014/09/25/janet-barresi-is-not-giving-up/#more-48640)

She just created an "assistant state superintendent" position that reeks cronyism. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepage1/barresi-creates-new-position-hires-staff-member-s-husband/article_529b6053-c0c0-5a04-aa84-4835b5eb9b70.html)

And now her state education department wants to bring back that failure of a testing company again (http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepage1/state-education-department-officials-want-to-rehire-fired-testing-vendor/article_3f7efc11-d271-5f93-9d91-e63185c787e3.html), after they failed at testing our kids two years in a row.

a56qCL8tM7U

pleeeeeease make it stooooooooop