PDA

View Full Version : obama getting the women vote for the dems...

Soonerjeepman
4/8/2014, 09:24 PM
course with hillary running not sure it would matter...

get the equal pay out for all to see

jeeze let's just legislate and ex order ourselves to death.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/8/2014, 09:42 PM
Single women can be counted on by the dems. The MSM has got them scared of and hating repubs.

SCOUT
4/8/2014, 11:56 PM
Philip II, king of Macedon (382-336 BC), was right when he said "divide and conquer."

This admin is taking out all the stops.

yermom
4/9/2014, 07:03 AM
The GOP does just fine getting women to vote for the Dens

They don't really need to do anything

olevetonahill
4/9/2014, 08:46 AM

Cause wimmens Be Stupid and wont listen to the Mens who are Smart!

okie52
4/9/2014, 09:52 AM

Minority women, that's true. Of course, minority men vote overwhelmingly dem too. Obama lost white women vs Mitt. In fact, he lost about every white demographic there was in 2012.

FaninAma
4/9/2014, 10:08 AM

You are truly an amazing person in so much as your resentment and dislike of certain segments of this country is deep and sustaining.

FaninAma
4/9/2014, 10:12 AM
Minority women, that's true. Of course, minority men vote overwhelmingly dem too. Obama lost white women vs Mitt. In fact, he lost about every white demographic there was in 2012.
That's because we are all racist....isn't that right yermom?

okie52
4/9/2014, 11:45 AM
That's because we are all racist....isn't that right yermom?

No other explanation.

badger
4/9/2014, 12:47 PM
I wish they'd advocate for higher pay for everybody... not just the minimum wagers, not just the women. Wages have been stagnant since the Great Recession and it's causing people to hold off on retirement (forever?), causing more families to need two-income households instead of allowing a parent to stay home with young children, causing students to default on student loans or put off buying houses, cars and having families, etc.

I do not plan to vote more-Democrat this year regardless of how many times the Democrats try to shove this through the Senate... this is failure No. 3, correct? If anything, this should reflect poorly on the ineffectiveness Democrat leadership has on passing signature legislation.

Point of information: I'm a registered Republican because I live in Oklahoma and like voting in primaries for the eventual winner

Turd_Ferguson
4/9/2014, 01:51 PM
Yermom is a rich white boy with corn roll's...:D

4/9/2014, 02:20 PM
Yermom is a rich white boy with corn roll's...:Dand, unfortunately deeply indoctrinated with white and American guilt, and misapplied hatred.

olevetonahill
4/9/2014, 02:28 PM
and, unfortunately deeply indoctrinated with white and American guilt, and misapplied hatred.

Yall dont know dave fer shat. he will keep ya Honest tho. LOL

4/9/2014, 02:46 PM
Yall dont know dave fer shat. he will keep ya Honest tho. LOLHe must be joking about constantly condemning Christians, and believing they are somehow forcing people to do things they support. I do find it surprising to say I don't know him fer shat.

okie52
4/9/2014, 03:15 PM
Yall dont know dave fer shat. he will keep ya Honest tho. LOL

He's a good impersonator if he is just faking it as a left wing mouthpiece...

hawaii 5-0
4/9/2014, 03:22 PM
I don't get the argument against women getting equal pay for equal work.

Could someone who thinks women aren't deserving of equal pay please explain the Conservative argument ?

Why would any woman, single or married support the position that women are less than equal to men for the same work ?

It seems to me it's a no brainer that equal pay for equal work is the right thing.

5-0

4/9/2014, 03:40 PM

Could someone who thinks women aren't deserving of equal pay please explain the Conservative argument ?

Why would any woman, single or married support the position that women are less than equal to men for the same work ?

It seems to me it's a no brainer that equal pay for equal work is the right thing.

5-0So, you do believe there are many folks that are for unequal pay for the same work?

okie52
4/9/2014, 03:44 PM

5-0

So who's against it?

badger
4/9/2014, 03:50 PM
It seems to me it's a no brainer that equal pay for equal work is the right thing

While I agree with this in theory, I believe that there are other factors to consider that are worth mentioning:

1- Longevity. Employees that are with a company 50 years tend to have higher wages than ones hired within the last 5 years.
2- Experience and education. What is on your resume should matter. A Harvard magna cum laude graduate with 15 years prior work experience should make more than D-average fresh-from-college graduate of Oklahoma State.

All things equal, equal pay. But (and not in an Animal Farm way), things are often not equal.

OU68
4/9/2014, 04:00 PM
Someone would hire a sheep-humper with a D average :hororr:

hawaii 5-0
4/9/2014, 04:20 PM
So who's against it?

Well, the Senate Republicans voted against it. For the 3rd time.

Both Oklahoma Senators voted against it.

They must represent the citizens of Oklahoma, I suppose.

5-0

hawaii 5-0
4/9/2014, 04:22 PM
It's sad this issue is being politicized.

It should be a simple human rights issue. All men (and women) are created equal.

Same work, same pay.

5-0

4/9/2014, 05:01 PM

5-0Without even looking at the cases you mentioned, I would guess the votes were for business owners being able to run their own shop without a new government dictate. You are one who gravitates to new laws constantly restricting the freedom of the private sector. Little wonder you find more dictates more compelling than limiting government to the activities proscribed for it.

So, you double up with a condemnation of the republicans in office, and the people of Oklahoma. A twofer

SCOUT
4/9/2014, 06:06 PM
It's sad this issue is being politicized.

It should be a simple human rights issue. All men (and women) are created equal.

Same work, same pay.

5-0

It is most definitely being politicized, but not in the way I think that you are implying. This is a decent article talking about some of the factors that need to be considered.
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303532704579483752909957472

FaninAma
4/9/2014, 06:11 PM
I have never, ever seen a woman get payed less than a man for doing the same work if they both have the same length of service in the job. Never. I defy 5-0 to give any specific evidence of this happening..

okie52
4/9/2014, 07:01 PM

5-0

Oh you mean another unnecessary law. I thought you were talking about some real conspiracy by men to shortchange women.

Soonerjeepman
4/9/2014, 07:03 PM
definitely not AGAINST it...but I am AGAINST the gov dictating to businesses....and as far as politicizing it...lol..you got to be kidding me? ummm OBAMA is doing it.

rock on sooner
4/9/2014, 07:10 PM
I have never, ever seen a woman get payed less than a man for doing the same work if they both have the same length of service in the job. Never. I defy 5-0 to give any specific evidence of this happening..

Welp, I'm not 5-0 but EVERY study quoted sez women are paid .77 cents to each man's 1.00.
You can look at CEO's...women vs men...a woman's pay is always less than a man's in the same
position. This thread is an amazing argument about nothing. Fact is, whatever the job is, whoever
is doing the job should be paid the same for the same work.

As to legislative versus executive order, I'd ask if the party in power is reversed, don't you think
a Pub would do what he believes is right with executive orders, since this FRICKIN' congress can't
collectively wipe its own arse because they argue over which paper to use?

Turd_Ferguson
4/9/2014, 07:29 PM
Welp, I'm not 5-0 but EVERY study quoted sez women are paid .77 cents to each man's 1.00.
You can look at CEO's...women vs men...a woman's pay is always less than a man's in the same
position. This thread is an amazing argument about nothing. Fact is, whatever the job is, whoever

As to legislative versus executive order, I'd ask if the party in power is reversed, don't you think
a Pub would do what he believes is right with executive orders, since this FRICKIN' congress can't

Still suck'n on Obammy's scrotum eh?

Soonerjeepman
4/9/2014, 07:39 PM
Figure the libs won't read it....so I posted the best part~

While the BLS reports that full-time female workers earned 81% of full-time males, that is very different than saying that women earned 81% of what men earned for doing the same jobs, while working the same hours, with the same level of risk, with the same educational background and the same years of continuous, uninterrupted work experience, and assuming no gender differences in family roles like child care. In a more comprehensive study that controlled for most of these relevant variables simultaneously—such as that from economists June and Dave O'Neill for the American Enterprise Institute in 2012—nearly all of the 23% raw gender pay gap cited by Mr. Obama can be attributed to factors other than discrimination. The O'Neills conclude that, "labor market discrimination is unlikely to account for more than 5% but may not be present at all."

SCOUT
4/9/2014, 07:55 PM

You should read the link that I posted.

hawaii 5-0
4/9/2014, 08:18 PM
You should read the link that I posted.

I read the article of 2 persons' opinions and it supports both sides.

The numbers opposed to equality seem to rely on 'other' factors against same pay for same work.

5-0

SCOUT
4/9/2014, 08:26 PM
I read the article of 2 persons' opinions and it supports both sides.

The numbers opposed to equality seem to rely on 'other' factors against same pay for same work.

5-0
Those opinions cite the Bureau of Labor and Statistics and the US Census Bureau. If you choose to ignore those other factors, you should stop using the catch phrase of same pay for same work.

4/9/2014, 08:29 PM
Still suck'n on Obammy's scrotum eh?Our board's Leftist posters aren't about to admit their thinking is flawed. Admitting something like that is very hard to face.

yermom
4/9/2014, 08:40 PM

that seems unlikely given these numbers:

http://www.cawp.rutgers.edu/fast_facts/voters/documents/GGPresVote.pdf

but i'd be willing to look at something that says otherwise

You are truly an amazing person in so much as your resentment and dislike of certain segments of this country is deep and sustaining.

what resentment is presented by the fact that women prefer to vote Dem?

maybe the legitimate GOP votes were shut down

to be honest, i think the equal pay thing is bull****, other than the pay disclosure bit. keeping everyone in the dark seems awful easy for management to screw people.

i'd be willing to accept that women put themselves into a position where they choose family over a career and don't advance the same, or make the same commission/bonuses. i would also be willing to bet that they might not negotiate a salary as well.

they also don't choose fields that pay as much. that .77 to a dollar stat seems pretty dubious to me.

if you want to have a chat about "diversity" you can see more how much of a "mouthpiece for the left" i really am

rock on sooner
4/9/2014, 08:53 PM
Still suck'n on Obammy's scrotum eh?

Thanks, TF, you don't disappoint....

I've seen a couple of responses to my post but nobody seems to think a Pub, in the
same situation, wouldn't use executive orders for what he/she thinks is right.

I read the WSJ article, Scout, and some of the points are salient but I have a hard
time accepting everything a Murdoch publication has to say. It appears as though
there is a difference in the pay, for a lot of reasons, but still a difference. The amount
of the difference seems to be the argument.

And, from a 42 year personal experience in hiring and firing I can tell you there is a
difference in what women are paid for the EXACT same work, the EXACT same number
of hours per week, period. Yes, I can say that some bosses have said, implied, enforced
the idea of hiring a woman because he CAN pay her less.

hawaii 5-0
4/9/2014, 09:36 PM
Here's one for all the Doctors out there.....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/katetaylor/2012/06/13/even-women-doctors-cant-escape-the-pay-gap/

Here's another one, a bit more 'specialized'........

http://everydaylife.globalpost.com/average-pay-entrylevel-emergency-doctor-27128.html

"Males earned an average of 32 percent more than females".

Another one.......across the Board female physicians are paid less. I'm sure in every instance it was because the men had more years experience.

http://www.beckershospitalreview.com/compensation-issues/100-statistics-on-physician-compensation.html

OK, one more. It's an older article but they show that the gender wage gap is widening.

http://www.amwa-doc.org/news/gender-gap-in-physician-pay-widening/

Lastly, this one is specific to one female who was paid less despite her seniority of years working.

http://www.beckershospitalreview.com/hospital-management-administration/female-employee-claims-unc-hospitals-pay-male-counterpart-16-more.html

The AMA did their own study and acknowledged a gap exists, tho lots of reasons why.

5-0

8timechamps
4/9/2014, 09:52 PM

If we're talking Fortune 500 CEO's then I don't feel sorry for any of them, regardless of gender.

The top paid female CEO in the country is Marissa Mayer (Yahoo! CEO). Poor thing only made $36 million (plus stock benefits) last year. I'm sorry, but I don't give two ****s about how much men -vs- women CEO's make. They agreed to their contracts, and if they are okay with them, I could care less.

I've seen the same reports you're referring to (or heard them), and I can honestly say I've never personally seen/met a female that makes less than her male counterpart with the same credentials.

This is about elections.

hawaii 5-0
4/9/2014, 10:03 PM
This is about elections.

Ya got that right. Due to the timing it's pretty obvious. I still believe there's a pay gap. I just picked on the Medical Field due to FaninAma's interest, but I'm sure it exists in other fields as well.

5-0

4/10/2014, 12:23 AM
This is about deceit to influence elections.FIFY

okie52
4/10/2014, 08:01 AM
that seems unlikely given these numbers:

http://www.cawp.rutgers.edu/fast_facts/voters/documents/GGPresVote.pdf

but i'd be willing to look at something that says otherwise

3. White women. In his Nov. 12 analysis, Bolger discounted the idea of a Republican problem with women:

The first thing I want to point out about the exit polls is that Mitt Romney won white women by 14 points—56%-42%. … So, the next time you hear Republicans are struggling with “women”—push back with that. Yes, the GOP is getting killed with minority women—4% with African American women, 23% with Latino women—but the whole “war on women cost Romney the election” is simply not true.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/frame_game/2012/11/romney_exit_polls_he_won_independents_white_women_ and_middle_income_voters.html

WHAT’S UP WITH WHITE WOMEN? THEY VOTED FOR ROMNEY, TOO

But the fact remains that white females, taken as a whole, went solidly Republican. While the overall gender gap played a significant role in ensuring Obama’s reëlection, it didn’t have very much to do with white women, who remain one of the bulwarks of the Republican Party.

You don’t believe me? Here are some figures from this year’s exit poll, which the Edison Research company conducts for a consortium of media companies, and from previous ones. In 2004, Bush got fifty-five per cent of the white female vote, and Kerry got forty-four per cent—a “reverse gender gap” (one working in the G.O.P.’s favor) of eleven points. In 2008, McCain got fifty-three per cent of the white female vote, and Obama got forty-six per cent—a gap of seven points. Compared to four years earlier, the reverse gender gap in this demographic had decreased by four points, indicating that the Democrats were making progress in attracting the votes of white women. But this year, that trend turned around again. Far from narrowing further, the reverse gender gap among white women widened to fourteen points. Romney got fifty-six per cent of the white female vote; Obama got just forty-two per cent.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/johncassidy/2012/11/why-white-women-voted-for-romney.html

badger
4/10/2014, 10:58 AM
While I am partially native american, it is nice to know that I'm not the only mostly-causasian chick that votes Republican :P

Soonerjeepman
4/10/2014, 11:44 AM
While I am partially native american, it is nice to know that I'm not the only mostly-causasian chick that votes Republican :P

My fiance does as well... ;-)

FaninAma
4/10/2014, 05:39 PM
If these demographic trends continue, which they will, things will get interesting over the next 10 years.

Again, Ted Kennedy left quite a legacy.