PDA

View Full Version : Kingsbury might play in Tech spring game.

Mazeppa
4/4/2014, 08:03 PM
Just another way to bring more attention to yourself eh Kliff?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24513803/kliff-kingsbury-might-play-in-texas-techs-spring-game

SoonerinSouthlake
4/4/2014, 08:37 PM
dooooooshbury

KantoSooner
4/5/2014, 10:08 AM
He can already get any woman he wants in Lubbock, what more does he.....

Oh, right.

Therealsouthsider
4/5/2014, 10:41 PM
...I hear he wears yoga pants when shopping for groceries

ss

SoonerDomiNation
4/6/2014, 08:30 AM
Lol........ o my.

Eielson
4/6/2014, 01:18 PM
I'm just going to come out and say it...I really like Kingsbury.

sooneron
4/7/2014, 08:38 AM
Why does he need to suit up? It's no contact on qbs anyway. If he trots out there in a full pads/jersey. I will lose all respect for the guy.

Ruf/Nek7
4/7/2014, 09:13 AM
Who does this guy think he is? Nate Scarborough?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnEIrpzNm1C6s6VTsPUDoWzChXNpCT1 AYfngsvtptldC9_t5s0:ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTcwMTkxMTg3M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzk1OTQzMw%40% 40._V1_SY1200_CR585,0,630,1200_.jpg

badger
4/7/2014, 10:20 AM
it would be fun. if mike gundy suited up for Saturday's practice, think a few more fans would have come to stillwater (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/osu/injuries-lack-of-depth-keep-osu-from-staging-a-spring/article_8eb63f9f-0ecf-557a-a61a-8be44259b504.html)?

OSU's spring game in 2013 drew a crowd estimated at 15,000. The Orange Blitz drew a crowd estimated at perhaps 2,500

There is very little reason to disagree: OSU is ****ed when they meet Florida State on Aug. 30 (at Jerryworld)

Mazeppa
4/11/2014, 08:21 PM
I do not know what "too turnt up" means, I have never heard that before.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/kliff-kingsbury-had-a-dance-off-at-practice-thursday--video-143123388.html

Eielson
4/12/2014, 12:00 AM
I do not know what "too turnt up" means, I have never heard that before.

It's a term most college students are familiar with. It's kind of difficult to truly define, but if Bob ever wore a shirt like that I would roll around on the floor laughing for a week. Thankfully, he will never do that, because it might get awkward after a few hours.

picasso
4/12/2014, 08:19 AM
Who does this guy think he is? Nate Scarborough?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnEIrpzNm1C6s6VTsPUDoWzChXNpCT1 AYfngsvtptldC9_t5s0:ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTcwMTkxMTg3M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzk1OTQzMw%40% 40._V1_SY1200_CR585,0,630,1200_.jpg
Dude, that's Paul Crewe.

Breadburner
4/12/2014, 08:23 AM
When you suck....You need gimmicks......

picasso
4/12/2014, 09:22 AM

Or 149 different uniform combinations.

Eielson
4/12/2014, 11:59 AM

Or 149 different uniform combinations.

I thought Kingsbury did very well in his first year. It wasn't perfect, but I would hardly say a blowout win in the Holiday Bowl against a ranked opponent is a sucky year. Especially when you're rotating freshmen quarterbacks.

8timechamps
4/12/2014, 01:41 PM
I thought Kingsbury did very well in his first year. It wasn't perfect, but I would hardly say a blowout win in the Holiday Bowl against a ranked opponent is a sucky year. Especially when you're rotating freshmen quarterbacks.

It's hard to say Kingbury is a bad offensive coach when you look back on what he was able to accomplish in his first year. So, I tend to agree that so far, he looks pretty good. If he can keep a good D-coordinator, he could get the Raiders in the conference hunt.

I lost most of the respect I had for the guy when the story came out about Baker Mayfield. To treat an 18 year old kid like that just screams "I'm a big baby and if I don't get my way, I'm going to make it suck for the other guy!". Then, he lost Michael Brewer (then the other walk-on Clayton Nicholas). That tells me he must be pretty awful at communication. And to fight to keep Mayfield from being eligible was just a ****ty move on his part. Either put the kid on scholarship or let him go. Stoops would never pull a stunt like that.

Now we move on to this year, and Kingsbury has landed an elite QB for the 2015 class, plus he has a couple of solid guys coming on this summer. We'll see if he can fix whatever was broken and move forward.

picasso
4/12/2014, 02:26 PM
I was actually alluding to Pokie.

Breadburner
4/12/2014, 04:54 PM
How many in a row did they lose.....

Eielson
4/12/2014, 09:19 PM
How many in a row did they lose.....

How many in a row did they win?

Eielson
4/12/2014, 09:42 PM
It's hard to say Kingbury is a bad offensive coach when you look back on what he was able to accomplish in his first year. So, I tend to agree that so far, he looks pretty good. If he can keep a good D-coordinator, he could get the Raiders in the conference hunt.

I lost most of the respect I had for the guy when the story came out about Baker Mayfield. To treat an 18 year old kid like that just screams "I'm a big baby and if I don't get my way, I'm going to make it suck for the other guy!". Then, he lost Michael Brewer (then the other walk-on Clayton Nicholas). That tells me he must be pretty awful at communication. And to fight to keep Mayfield from being eligible was just a ****ty move on his part. Either put the kid on scholarship or let him go. Stoops would never pull a stunt like that.

Now we move on to this year, and Kingsbury has landed an elite QB for the 2015 class, plus he has a couple of solid guys coming on this summer. We'll see if he can fix whatever was broken and move forward.

I think he should have let Mayfield go, but I don't know all the details in that situation. He's still young, and I think that's one of many decisions he'll regret as he gets older.

The man has swagger, though, and it's fun to watch him coach. I see some Mike Leach as well as some young Bob Stoops in him, and it's cool...for now. If he really does build a monster, I'm sure I'll quickly learn to hate him. I'm afraid that our lack of success in Lubbock will continue under his tenure.

Speaking of being concerned, I think the school that should really be concerned is Texas. I'm not naive enough to think that Texas will be down forever, but if Strong doesn't get it together quick, Texas fans might be in for far more mediocre seasons than they have the patience for. Right now, I feel like a lot of 17 and 18 year olds have a vivid memory of Texas being an elite program, but that might not be the case in a couple years. All talented kids want a chance to compete for conference and national championships in their 4 years. As of right now, that's a far easier sell for Stoops, Gundy, Sumlin, and Briles. What happens if this "turnt up" Ryan Gosling lookalike builds up a strong competitor and keeps relating to recruits and wooing their mothers? Texas might have to rely on superior coaching rather than superior talent for a few years, and although I wouldn't say Strong is bad coach, I'm tempted to put him dead last in a list of the coaches mentioned.

King Barry's Back
4/12/2014, 09:58 PM
Is it just me? I only know of two coaches that dance at their teams' practices, and both of those guys were the star QBs at the schools where they are now head coaches. Is there something to that? Are they trying to relive their college days, or what? If it was Kingsbury alone, I'd chalk it up to his relative youth. But Gundy's not young. (man….40….etc).

Eielson
4/12/2014, 11:26 PM
Practices can get grueling and I think most coaches look for ways to infuse some fun into them. I know that some schools have let offensive linemen line up at positions like QB and RB for a play at the end of practice, but I feel that stuff like that runs some unnecessary injury risks. Imagine trying to explain that kind of injury to the media in this day and age. Recently there has been a trend of several schools having dance offs to lighten the mood. The team always loves it when the coach jumps in at the end, so I think that's why we're seeing it. I believe Rich Rodriguez has done it as well.

picasso
4/13/2014, 12:25 AM
Gundy wasn't dancing. He was going full on Tumbleweeds Budweiser Big Girl Mode.

Soonerjeepman
4/13/2014, 07:27 AM
didn't all of our guys do that one dance thing at then end of a practice...? just asking.

also good ol pete c jumped off of some high dive while at usc.

8timechamps
4/13/2014, 09:08 PM
Believe it, or not, Lon Kruger "danced" in the locker room after the men beat OSU at home this year. I think it's just a way for the coaches to show the team they're not just coaches. Good for morale.

PrideMom
4/14/2014, 11:16 AM
What if Kingsbury gets injured? Does anyone care? His ego has run off his QBs, and who knows what the morale is at Texas Tech. They really are stupid to release Mike Leach, he got them into bowl games they have never been in, had an addition to the stadium built, plus beat Texas! If they did not like the descipline, there are ways to solve that. Same goes with Kansas and Mark Mangino.

Eielson
4/14/2014, 09:14 PM
His ego didn't run anybody off. His true freshman quarterback that threw for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns in the Holiday Bowl and stole everybody's playing time ran everybody off. It's not like we've never had QB's transfer after getting beat out. Did Stoops' ego run KT off?

8timechamps
4/15/2014, 06:59 PM
His ego didn't run anybody off. His true freshman quarterback that threw for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns in the Holiday Bowl and stole everybody's playing time ran everybody off. It's not like we've never had QB's transfer after getting beat out. Did Stoops' ego run KT off?

I don't think his ego had anything to do with it, I think it was poor communication that was apparently consistent with Kingbury. You have to agree that it was more than just Webb playing well. If that were the case, someone would have stuck around as a back-up. But, to have every QB on the roster leave the team is not common and is a symptom of something else.

I don't like KK, but only because I don't like Tech. I think he's a very good offensive coach and he's young enough to connect with players (that's a big deal). I think he probably got stretched out last year, and the communications suffered. If he's going to last in his chosen profession, he'll have learned from that and made corrections. Time will tell, but he's certainly attracting better talent in Lubbock.

Ruf/Nek7
4/16/2014, 12:12 PM
Dude, that's Paul Crewe.

Maybe in the original (and better) Longest Yard, but not in the newer Longest Yard. He is former OU, Heisman RB Nate Scarborough now turned coach of the inmates football team.

badger
4/16/2014, 12:23 PM
Well I dislike how Tech beats us at more inopportune times in football, good for them for trying to do things to catch national media attention and alumni interest. Good for them for letting Under Armour make them stand out among larger Texas schools with bigger followings. Good for them for hiring an alum that looks like that actor so he can hit on recruit's mothers and be young enough to relate to current players or whatever.

But really, **** them for what they did to Mike Leach.

Ruf/Nek7
4/20/2014, 06:42 PM
Wothout Kingsbury suiting up, titty tech may have been knocking dukes with osu and their miserable turnout of 2500 people. His ploy manage to put nearly 20,000 in the stands.

picasso
4/20/2014, 07:31 PM
Maybe in the original (and better) Longest Yard, but not in the newer Longest Yard. He is former OU, Heisman RB Nate Scarborough now turned coach of the inmates football team.

Yeah I know but that's revisionist history. That remake was a farce.