PDA

View Full Version : When your car gets blocked in parking lot

badger
4/4/2014, 09:42 AM
So last night the toddler, NP and I paid to park in a private lot across from the stadium and we had to leave the game early since we have the toddler with us.

We come back to see that a line of asshats created their own free parking spaces after the pay-me attendants had left. Soon, a few other drivers showed up who were also parked in, also furious.

The private parking company had somebody on their service line who could do nothing and was not helpful (they suggested we wait till 'the traffic clears' which would have been at least a few more hours). The police could not do anything since it was private property. The stadium was the most helpful but not really -- they made a PA announcement with the offending car's license plate asking them to move (offender never showed up).

I have looked around online and it seems that there is little recourse for being stuck in a situation like this. I was wondering if any of you all had any suggestions for how to try to make this right or avoid this in the future.

We got out after an hour after one of the freeloaders arrived. We had to zig zag out the narrow opening after our fellow furious park-ins left.

olevetonahill
4/4/2014, 10:11 AM
Next time Drive a Hummer and Just smash yer way thru!

badger
4/4/2014, 10:31 AM

Believe me, thoughts of revenge likely crossed many that night... I've heard that acceptable modes of revenge in such situations include letting air out of tires, keying, or, yes, smashing your way out.

But, because I'm female and motherly, I talked them out of it. Even if I wasn't female and motherly, there were witnesses around, one of whom might have squealed to the police, and since we had contacted the parking lot owners earlier that night, they may have tracked us back to the vandalism later.

olevetonahill
4/4/2014, 10:45 AM
Believe me, thoughts of revenge likely crossed many that night... I've heard that acceptable modes of revenge in such situations include letting air out of tires, keying, or, yes, smashing your way out.

But, because I'm female and motherly, I talked them out of it. Even if I wasn't female and motherly, there were witnesses around, one of whom might have squealed to the police, and since we had contacted the parking lot owners earlier that night, they may have tracked us back to the vandalism later.

Ya had their Tag numbers, Find out where they live and get em later. Revenge is a dessert Best when served COLD.

rock on sooner
4/4/2014, 10:50 AM

Either that or '75 Chevy pick up with rusted out sides and a 150 pound
safety bumper. Most folks that see that won't block you, ifn they're smart.:devilish:

badger
4/4/2014, 12:07 PM
All right, since I'm sure you're all dying to know how this ended up...

First, I called their parking office and left messages about the issue. Several hours later, the messages were not getting returned, so rekindling my college years in retail, I decided to confront them in person.

Lo and behold, the person I need to talk to is behind closed curtain doors away from the public access area, but I had no idea. I only see the receptionist, whom I can tell would much rather be talking on facebook than to me.

I stab straight for the heart: I was stranded for an hour. My toddler just turned two years old. I thought I could trust your company because there were two attendants on site when we paid.

She goes to check if the person is behind the curtain. He is.

I get a full refund, assurances this won't happen again, and the guy's business card with several contact numbers if there's every any issue again.

hawaii 5-0
4/4/2014, 12:12 PM
I've not had your problem on a private lot, Badg.

However, my driveway gets blocked occasionally by certain activities going on nearby and I can't get out without driving over my lawn and curb.

I usually egg their windshield.

5-0

Turd_Ferguson
4/4/2014, 12:22 PM
I've not had your problem on a private lot, Badg.

However, my driveway gets blocked occasionally by certain activities going on nearby and I can't get out without driving over my lawn and curb.

I usually egg their windshield.

5-0

So, instead of confronting your neighbor, you just hit and run. Go tit.

badger
4/4/2014, 02:37 PM
I've heard that if it's your driveway you can get the car towed. Not sure if things are different out on your island, though :)

Things I've learned from retail hell:
- Minimum wagers can make your life hell if you're not nice to them.
- Minions just want you to go away... be a pest to get your way, but be a nice pest.
- Go into arguments knowing you will lose. This will force you to pull out your best reasoning and your most sympathetic face when asking for help.
- Phone calls are not going to get results. Lowly phone answers are not empowered to be helpful. They can also ignore a ringing phone, or transfer you to a dead end line, or worst of all, hang up the call.

If I didn't get a refund and an apology, I'd probably be fielding revenge ideas. So, just for fun, what is the best way to trash another driver's car without repercussions. This means, you don't draw attention from witnesses, you don't get arrested, you won't get sued, you can just give them the finger without them being present to see the finger flipping

rock on sooner
4/4/2014, 03:31 PM
I've heard that if it's your driveway you can get the car towed. Not sure if things are different out on your island, though :)

Things I've learned from retail hell:
- Minimum wagers can make your life hell if you're not nice to them.
- Minions just want you to go away... be a pest to get your way, but be a nice pest.
- Go into arguments knowing you will lose. This will force you to pull out your best reasoning and your most sympathetic face when asking for help.
- Phone calls are not going to get results. Lowly phone answers are not empowered to be helpful. They can also ignore a ringing phone, or transfer you to a dead end line, or worst of all, hang up the call.

If I didn't get a refund and an apology, I'd probably be fielding revenge ideas. So, just for fun, what is the best way to trash another driver's car without repercussions. This means, you don't draw attention from witnesses, you don't get arrested, you won't get sued, you can just give them the finger without them being present to see the finger flipping

I can hardly wait to read the responses from the posters on this board!:playful:

olevetonahill
4/4/2014, 04:00 PM
If its Unlocked Put a Bra and some Panties in the backseat area . If its Locked, Hang condoms on the antenna , the mirrors anywhere else. Smear vasiline on all the door handles and head lights.
Carry a bunch of Snarky Bumper stickers and plaster the car with em.
Need More?

rock on sooner
4/4/2014, 04:06 PM
If its Unlocked Put a Bra and some Panties in the backseat area . If its Locked, Hang condoms on the antenna , the mirrors anywhere else. Smear vasiline on all the door handles and head lights.
Carry a bunch of Snarky Bumper stickers and plaster the car with em.
Need More?

Wow, you've obviously given this some serious thought...

olevetonahill
4/4/2014, 04:12 PM
Wow, you've obviously given this some serious thought...

Naw that was just off the top of my head. Want i should get really devious?

rock on sooner
4/4/2014, 04:14 PM
Naw that was just off the top of my head. Want i should get really devious?

Heh, when's the last time you came down from the hilltop? Rilly
too much time on yer hands.....

badger
4/4/2014, 04:29 PM
Need More?

Yes please

olevetonahill
4/4/2014, 05:00 PM
Yes please

How mean an nasty ya wanta get?

hawaii 5-0
4/4/2014, 07:42 PM
So, instead of confronting your neighbor, you just hit and run. Go tit.

They're not neighbors. Or friends of neighbors. They're folks from overflow parking at the beachpark. Usually an event is happening and parking is bumper to bumper for blocks. Not just a little bumper sticking out but literally blocking the whole driveway. Some people think they can just park anywhere without consequences.

Block my driveway and yes.....there's consequences.

5-0

mojorisen2014
4/4/2014, 09:18 PM
When I was in High School a guy I know smeared dog Sh*t on the door handle of a car at a party. . That was pretty comical to watch the guy find out he had sh*t on his hand.

Turd_Ferguson
4/4/2014, 10:35 PM
Instant Karma...

enRKvjKr7l0

hawaii 5-0
4/5/2014, 02:23 AM

That's a possibility but the cops would place a priority on 'real' crime. At those particular times when I get blocked they're at the beachpark ticketing cars parked illegally, like too close to fire hydrants, etc.

Another trick, tho a bit malicious.......I've never done it........bend their windshield wipers and then smear some dogshlt on their windshield.

5-0

olevetonahill
4/5/2014, 09:05 AM
That's a possibility but the cops would place a priority on 'real' crime. At those particular times when I get blocked they're at the beachpark ticketing cars parked illegally, like too close to fire hydrants, etc.

Another trick, tho a bit malicious.......I've never done it........bend their windshield wipers and then smear some dogshlt on their windshield.

5-0

Whats with the Dog sh*t? Who carries that around.Plus you gonna get it on YOU and have to smell it while smearing it.
Vasiline I tell ya. Carry a jar and put it on the door handles and winders. Impossible to get off with anything you may carry in yer car and the wipers will just smear it worse.

stoopified
4/5/2014, 09:31 AM
Whats with the Dog sh*t? Who carries that around.Plus you gonna get it on YOU and have to smell it while smearing it.
Vasiline I tell ya. Carry a jar and put it on the door handles and winders. Impossible to get off with anything you may carry in yer car and the wipers will just smear it worse.i'M NOT GONNA ASK WHY YOU CARRY vASELINE AROUND WITH YOU. :D

olevetonahill
4/5/2014, 09:50 AM
i'M NOT GONNA ASK WHY YOU CARRY vASELINE AROUND WITH YOU. :D

Heh

Turd_Ferguson
4/5/2014, 10:09 AM
i'M NOT GONNA ASK WHY YOU CARRY vASELINE AROUND WITH YOU. :D

It's for when he needs to bury his hog. Pay tention.

olevetonahill
4/5/2014, 10:45 AM
It's for when he needs to bury his hog. Pay tention.

http://www.olevetpossehideout.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

8timechamps
4/5/2014, 01:37 PM
When I was in High School a guy I know smeared dog Sh*t on the door handle of a car at a party. . That was pretty comical to watch the guy find out he had sh*t on his hand.

Are you me? I had a friend that did the very same thing. The only difference is we didn't wait around to see what happened (we were parked right off of the street with a curb in front of us, so we were able to get out, it just wasn't easy). He did leave a note on the windshield that said something about the driver being an ******* and would soon pay for his deeds. I can only imagine how it all went down.

hawaii 5-0
4/5/2014, 02:56 PM
A big bunch of pansies afraid of a little dogshlt.

All it takes is a plastic bag. Stick your hand inside then go pick up the dogshlt.

(Important: Hand on inside of bag.......dogshlt on outside of bag. Also important there are no holes in bag.)

Apply dogshlt liberally to windshield or doorhandle. Throw away bag.

You're responsible for finding your own dogshlt.

5-0

SoonerStormchaser
4/6/2014, 06:56 AM
Next time, buy one of these ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8akHPeYLy4

olevetonahill
4/6/2014, 10:51 AM
A big bunch of pansies afraid of a little dogshlt.

All it takes is a plastic bag. Stick your hand inside then go pick up the dogshlt.

(Important: Hand on inside of bag.......dogshlt on outside of bag. Also important there are no holes in bag.)

Apply dogshlt liberally to windshield or doorhandle. Throw away bag.

You're responsible for finding your own dogshlt.

5-0

Guess ya must have to have a Sh!tty personality to even WANT to play with Dog sh!t. Hell why not just crawl inside and take a Dump yer ownself.

hawaii 5-0
4/6/2014, 12:33 PM
Guess ya must have to have a Sh!tty personality to even WANT to play with Dog sh!t. Hell why not just crawl inside and take a Dump yer ownself.

As I've said I've never done this malicious stunt.

Do I want to play with shlt? No. I want people to not block my driveway.

However, I'm not afraid of some dog turds. Too many memories of goin' barefoot on lawns in the Summer and accidentally steppin' on some pile with the stinky stuff squidgin' up between my toes. Pretty much every living thing shlts. Deal with it.

As I first wrote.......eggs work pretty well.

5-0

olevetonahill
4/6/2014, 01:02 PM
As I've said I've never done this malicious stunt.

Do I want to play with shlt? No. I want people to not block my driveway.

However, I'm not afraid of some dog turds. Too many memories of goin' barefoot on lawns in the Summer and accidentally steppin' on some pile with the stinky stuff squidgin' up between my toes. Pretty much every living thing shlts. Deal with it.

As I first wrote.......eggs work pretty well.

5-0

yer weird!

8timechamps
4/6/2014, 03:56 PM

We were young and dumb, and the dog **** incident was on the tame end of the things we did.

olevetonahill
4/6/2014, 04:42 PM
We were young and dumb, and the dog **** incident was on the tame end of the things we did.

Young and Dumb is one thing Bro. a Growed up Old man is a differnt sack of Poop. LOL

TheUnnamedSooner
4/6/2014, 07:20 PM
Next time, don't leave early ;)

olevetonahill
4/6/2014, 09:13 PM
Next time, don't leave early ;)

Heh

hawaii 5-0
4/6/2014, 11:03 PM
yer weird!

Ever been in a cow chip fight when you were a kid growing up?

Ever tore yore paints hoppin' a bob wahr fance tryin' to outrun a bull in a pasture?

There's something dif'rent 'bout growin' up in the country from moving to it as an adult. You miss out on a lotta stuff.

5-0

olevetonahill
4/7/2014, 10:05 AM
Ever been in a cow chip fight when you were a kid growing up?

Ever tore yore paints hoppin' a bob wahr fance tryin' to outrun a bull in a pasture?

There's something dif'rent 'bout growin' up in the country from moving to it as an adult. You miss out on a lotta stuff.

5-0

1 Corinthians 13:11
King James Version of 1 Corinthians 13:11.

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

Shes was talking about an adult, What Sane grown up goes lookin fer dog Sh!t in this kinda situation.
Talk about Growing up in the country, Hell son I dint get my 1st pair of shoes till i was 14 , Wore em out walking backwards looking at the strange tracks they made.

badger
4/7/2014, 11:15 AM
How mean an nasty ya wanta get?
As bad as legally possible... and by legal, I mean illegal-but-won't-get-caught-and-arrested-or-have-to-pay-for-damages.

Also, I would like a history and technique lesson on the fine art of keying. Do you just hold it in your hand and scrape as much car paint off as you can, or is there a refined brushstroke technique to this artistry? I've never felt the need to key anything before, so I'm curious

olevetonahill
4/7/2014, 11:33 AM
As bad as legally possible... and by legal, I mean illegal-but-won't-get-caught-and-arrested-or-have-to-pay-for-damages.

Also, I would like a history and technique lesson on the fine art of keying. Do you just hold it in your hand and scrape as much car paint off as you can, or is there a refined brushstroke technique to this artistry? I've never felt the need to key anything before, so I'm curious

Keyin you just hold the Key hidden in yer hand and stroll by the victems car, holding the key against the paint. then walk like yer just out for a stroll.
As far as Not gettin caught Ys do it with NO witnesses and then Keep yer trap shut.Dont even tell yer best friend.

badger
4/7/2014, 12:24 PM
What is the best type of key to use for keying? I would think that it it is one with the pointy-est end, but perhaps a thicker key would leave more a lasting impression?

olevetonahill
4/7/2014, 02:16 PM
What is the best type of key to use for keying? I would think that it it is one with the pointy-est end, but perhaps a thicker key would leave more a lasting impression?

Any Key will **** someone Off. Course ya get caught yer gonna get the Dog sh!t stomped out of you

badger
4/7/2014, 03:37 PM
Aside from vandalism, is there any way to get your point across that they did something wrong and to make them feel bad about doing something wrong?

NP's and my traffic problems continue, btw. We were driving home in the rain and a car ahead of us was stalled in a four-lane road at a stoplight. Rather than be jerks, we let a few cars behind the stalled car in to our open lane. The car we let in front of us proceeds to block THE OTHER LANE so that they can assist the other car. So, we try to go into the side of the road area... and they proceed to slowly push the stalled car in front of us.

I love NP. He was exhibiting such self control over these loveable idiots that basically blocked an entire direction of traffic with their good-samaritan-for-dummies ways.

8timechamps
4/7/2014, 07:26 PM
Aside from vandalism, is there any way to get your point across that they did something wrong and to make them feel bad about doing something wrong?

NP's and my traffic problems continue, btw. We were driving home in the rain and a car ahead of us was stalled in a four-lane road at a stoplight. Rather than be jerks, we let a few cars behind the stalled car in to our open lane. The car we let in front of us proceeds to block THE OTHER LANE so that they can assist the other car. So, we try to go into the side of the road area... and they proceed to slowly push the stalled car in front of us.

I love NP. He was exhibiting such self control over these loveable idiots that basically blocked an entire direction of traffic with their good-samaritan-for-dummies ways.

No good deed goes unpunished.

I used to get really hot over things like that, then one day I just realized no matter how angry I get people are still going to be stupid. Nowadays, it takes a lot to even get my blood pressure up in traffic.

olevetonahill
4/7/2014, 08:59 PM

Well you could always leave a Note

http://cdn.arwrath.com/7/74996.jpg

badger
4/9/2014, 09:55 AM
I used to get really hot over things like that, then one day I just realized no matter how angry I get people are still going to be stupid

This is good advice universally, not just traffic wise.

olevetonahill
4/9/2014, 10:06 AM
This is good advice universally, not just traffic wise.

Yup. But you wanted revenge to start.
Philippians 4:11

King James Version
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.