PDA

View Full Version : Blake Bell moving back to quarterback!

Mazeppa
4/2/2014, 09:19 PM
It was an april fools joke.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/oklahoma-tweets-april-fool-s-joke-stating-blake-bell-is-moving-back-to-quarterback-170951800.html

BoulderSooner79
4/2/2014, 10:45 PM
If they had claimed a move to OT, it might have taken in a few folks.

Mazeppa
4/3/2014, 09:52 PM
Barry Tramel didn't think it was funny.
http://newsok.com/oklahoma-football-blake-bell-april-fools-joke-not-funny/article/3949820?custom_click=rss

EatLeadCommie
4/3/2014, 11:19 PM
I tend to agree with Barry. I mean, it's a funny joke to pull here, but not so much on the team's official Twitter.

BoulderSooner79
4/3/2014, 11:31 PM
The good 4/1 jokes are the ones that do come from official sources. I agree this one wasn't funny, but only because it wasn't very clever. And "insensitive"? Geez, Tramel is such a putz. A good one would be one that pulls people in for just a second with that bright-eyed "really?" expression until they pause to think. For old time Sooner fans, something like "given all the talent at RB and QB, the coaches are secretly installing the wishbone as part of the offense this spring."

rock on sooner
4/4/2014, 06:18 AM
Well, the thread title did make me look...!

Temujin
4/4/2014, 07:16 AM
The good 4/1 jokes are the ones that do come from official sources. I agree this one wasn't funny, but only because it wasn't very clever. And "insensitive"? Geez, Tramel is such a putz. A good one would be one that pulls people in for just a second with that bright-eyed "really?" expression until they pause to think. For old time Sooner fans, something like "given all the talent at RB and QB, the coaches are secretly installing the wishbone as part of the offense this spring."

This is how I feel...particularly the part regarding DingleBerry.

badger
4/4/2014, 12:00 PM
I tend to agree with Barry. I mean, it's a funny joke to pull here, but not so much on the team's official Twitter.

If Blake himself tweeted it, awesome. As it was, it was not fair to put Blake in that situation.

Department that gives him his scholarship that also oversees coaches who determine his playing time: Can we make fun of you on April Fool's Day?
Blake Bell: Sure?