PDA

View Full Version : Arky fans are delusional...

CatfishSooner
3/26/2014, 08:03 PM
Get about 10 posts in:
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=565323.0

WOOOOOOOOOO PIG SOUIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!:disillusionment:

birddog
3/26/2014, 08:29 PM
What is that you see as delusional? Maybe I'm missing it. Looked pretty tame. Arky sucks and always will.

CatfishSooner
3/26/2014, 09:20 PM
need to go farther down (10's not enough, my bad)... this for example:

Re: 2016 McTelvin Agim
« Reply #37 on: Today at 08:42:50 am »
and yet Arkansas still has more Championships than OU....

CatfishSooner
3/26/2014, 09:25 PM
And this:
Re: 2016 McTelvin Agim
« Reply #47 on: Today at 11:29:13 am »
I'd probably kill myself if I lived in Oklahoma. And I've lived in Cleveland.

CatfishSooner
3/26/2014, 09:26 PM
albeit the OU guy does a nice job of trolling...

SouthFortySooner
3/26/2014, 09:39 PM
I would love, love, love, to play Arkie regularly.

ouwasp
3/26/2014, 09:53 PM
See, I'm of the opinion that playing the hogs to be a no-win situation for OU. They have an irrational hatred of the Sooners, why fuel it? If they were to do the unlikely and actually win, it'd be the '78 Orange Bowl all over again...a game the papers still write about.

I'd rather see Arky and the pokes play...give their fans a chance to out-jackass each other.

CatfishSooner
3/27/2014, 07:52 AM
I agree w/ ouwasp...

KantoSooner
3/27/2014, 08:23 AM
I do business in Arkie Land. Whenever football comes up, I switch the topic to Texas and we all link arms and sing Kumbayah!

picasso
3/27/2014, 08:41 AM
Arkie is a beaitiful state but smells of chicken farms.
Hot girls in Fayetteville back in my day.
They play a lousy brand of football.

tycat947
3/27/2014, 08:42 AM
See, I'm of the opinion that playing the hogs to be a no-win situation for OU. They have an irrational hatred of the Sooners, why fuel it? If they were to do the unlikely and actually win, it'd be the '78 Orange Bowl all over again...a game the papers still write about.

I'd rather see Arky and the pokes play...give their fans a chance to out-jackass each other.

Totally agree! No benefit to playing those sows!

stoops the eternal pimp
3/27/2014, 08:48 AM
Dear Gawd, after the cotton bowl game, I never want to sit in a stadium hearing that call again.

olevetonahill
3/27/2014, 08:51 AM
Arkiesaw has a Town named "Toad Suck" Nuff said!

KantoSooner
3/27/2014, 09:08 AM
And there are three towns named 'Bugtussle', one in Arkie. There's also a 'Hard Scrabble'.

But, before we get too nasty, remember that Arkie gave us Barry 'The King' Switzer. For that alone, we should be eternally thankful.

olevetonahill
3/27/2014, 09:14 AM
The King was smart enuff to escape the Incest pit.:applause:

Widescreen
3/27/2014, 09:24 AM
Dear Gawd, after the cotton bowl game, I never want to sit in a stadium hearing that call again.
No kidding. There were a group of their fans sitting near me and they all had hog hats and were wearing dresses. And these were guys. I've never been more glad for a game to be over (some of that was due to the temperature and the fact that the game was excruciatingly boring).

stoopified
3/27/2014, 09:25 AM
Can't blameHawg fans for hating OU,after all they still have not recovered from that 103-0 shellacking we gave them around 1918.

stoopified
3/27/2014, 09:31 AM
I doble checked,it was 1918.That remains the most points OU has ever scored on what is now a D-1 school.All our other 100 point games were against schools like Central Normal and Wetherford Normal,

Salt City Sooner
3/27/2014, 09:33 AM
Possum Grape gets my vote.

picasso
3/27/2014, 09:35 AM
I doble checked,it was 1918.That remains the most points OU has ever scored on what is now a D-1 school.All our other 100 point games were against schools like Central Normal and Wetherford Normal,

Save for the mercy we showed aTm in '03.

SouthFortySooner
3/27/2014, 01:58 PM
I have moved to Central Arkansas in the most beautiful Fourche valley. The only sports radio I get is the continually SEC apologetic Razorback station. I want to play them regularly just to shut them up.

I confronted one of the host at the tracks in Hot Springs recently and all he had for me was the SEC was so much stronger than the Big XII with only 10 teams. See, no Arkansas Razorback rebuttal just SEC. What the heck kind of mindset would a fan have to come to only to be able to ride on their conference coattail?

badger
3/27/2014, 02:40 PM
What the heck kind of mindset would a fan have to come to only to be able to ride on their conference coattail?

One that curses the person that invented motorcycles... or mistresses?

Jason White's Third Knee
3/28/2014, 06:46 AM
"OU played lights out in that game and Bama did not. Don't act like ONE game will automatically make OU a better choice than the majority of SEC teams."

This was a pretty dumb post. OU is easily a better choice than most SEC teams. It could be argued that Florida, Bama, LSU or Auburn (and I think that last one is highly questionable) present a better choice in a given year, but OU is clearly a consistent, top tier program.

aTm and Mo have shown that the SEC is beatable on a regular basis. Whoops! Those teams are in the SEC now, so the magical SEC fairy dust has been sprinkled on them and ruins my argument. Aww.

picasso
3/28/2014, 09:06 AM
The day I start going around chanting Big 12 instead of OU, just shoot me right on the spot.
Dorks.

soonergirlNeugene
3/28/2014, 01:19 PM
I went to the Cotton Bowl with my folks that year. Got in trouble for joining in a 'poor razorbacks' chant there at the end. Didn't quite get all the attitude they had before the game, but it was funny to see them walking out of the stadium so dejected.

On a sidenote, our defense that year was so ugly - ugly in a GOOD way!

Widescreen
3/28/2014, 03:18 PM
I went to the Cotton Bowl with my folks that year. Got in trouble for joining in a 'poor razorbacks' chant there at the end. Didn't quite get all the attitude they had before the game, but it was funny to see them walking out of the stadium so dejected.

On a sidenote, our defense that year was so ugly - ugly in a GOOD way!
And our offense was ugly in a bad way.

Soonerfossil
3/28/2014, 06:31 PM
Arkansas is where the toothbrush was invented. If it had been invented anywhere else, it'd be called a teethbrush!!

Jason White's Third Knee
3/28/2014, 06:38 PM
The day I start going around chanting Big 12 instead of OU, just shoot me right on the spot.
Dorks.

That sounds fair.

picasso
3/28/2014, 08:35 PM
That sounds fair.

Better be a good shot therrre knee joint.

Jason White's Third Knee
3/30/2014, 10:10 AM
Better be a good shot therrre knee joint.

Just remember that it's "Big 12 *clap-clap*, Big 12 *clap-clap* The rhythm is all wrong, otherwise.

SoonerMachine
3/30/2014, 11:21 AM

:D

How many overtimes are they allowed???

8timechamps
3/30/2014, 06:58 PM
The thread seemed to start off with some decent conversation, but once it turned into "my state is better than yours" it became a dumpster fire. If success on the field equaled how great a state the program played in, there would be a lot of schools that suck now on top of the rankings. As long as it's not -50 below in the winter and 150 in the summer, it really doesn't matter.

Arkansas fans are no more delusional that most SEC fans (hell, most college football fans). Next to being an OSU fan, being a Hog fan would be the most miserable of all fan existences.

Landthief 1972
4/1/2014, 09:16 AM
My kids live in Arkansas with their mom. One of my sons is a diehard OU fan and has to listen constantly to native Arkies doing the SEC rah-rah BS. When the Sugar Bowl started and Bama drove down the field and scored, his phone went ballistic from his Arkie friends sending SEC! SEC! texts. By halftime, the texting stopped. :)

But yeah, Arkansas is gorgeous. Too bad the people are so bass-akwards.

picasso
4/1/2014, 10:14 AM
I have many relatives from there and they are great people. But, the more hills the more hillbillies.
And I do have to say that one cousin in particular brings up his Hogs in a mocking OU kind of way, which always confuses me because we never play each other.

Temujin
4/2/2014, 03:04 PM
I can't really imagine any circumstance in which I'd take an Arkansas fan seriously...about anything...ever.

Southeast Sooner
4/11/2014, 08:03 PM
Ever hear of Frog Level? Its down by Horatio.