PDA

View Full Version : "Russia can turn US into radioactive ash"

ouwasp
3/16/2014, 06:04 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/russia-turn-u-radioactive-ash-kremlin-backed-journalist-223608042--sector.html;_ylt=AwrBJR.3KCZTpAMAWm_QtDMD

So this journalist picked by Stalin, uhh, Putin... to put the Soviets, uhh, Russia... in the best possible light, invokes the threat of nuclear annihilation while on TV with a mushroom cloud on the screen behind him...

Cue Evil Empire music.

Breadburner
3/16/2014, 06:41 PM
Rhetoric.... Russia isn't **** anymore.....

8timechamps
3/17/2014, 05:12 PM
I wonder if the term "Assured Mutual Destruction" has crossed that moron's mind?!

BoulderSooner79
3/17/2014, 06:12 PM
I wonder if the term "Assured Mutual Destruction" has crossed that moron's mind?!

Only if he's word dyslexic :) It's Mutual Assured Destruction in order to get the MAD acronym.

But the acronym may not work in Russian anyway. Hope we don't have a mine-shaft gap!

okie52
3/17/2014, 08:06 PM
Only if he's word dyslexic :) It's Mutual Assured Destruction in order to get the MAD acronym.

But the acronym may not work in Russian anyway. Hope we don't have a mine-shaft gap!

Destruction assured mutual would be ok.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/17/2014, 08:34 PM
So, let's just move on and do amnesty for all 30,000,000 or so illegals, and continue to attack the private sector. Especially that evil Fracking.

8timechamps
3/17/2014, 10:14 PM

That's a cute acronym, but in my time in the Marines, we always referred to it as Assured Mutual Destruction (the phrase was used in more instances than just nuclear war, both countries have weapon systems that could, and would, assure mutual destruction). I know the mainstream phrase coorolates with the "MAD" acronym, but the Corps never really worried about how easy it was to say something. :)

TheHumanAlphabet
3/18/2014, 10:24 AM

Given the latest fitrep and the cheating scandal with the missile command, I have to wonder about MAD from our point...

BoulderSooner79
3/18/2014, 12:45 PM
That's a cute acronym, but in my time in the Marines, we always referred to it as Assured Mutual Destruction (the phrase was used in more instances than just nuclear war, both countries have weapon systems that could, and would, assure mutual destruction). I know the mainstream phrase coorolates with the "MAD" acronym, but the Corps never really worried about how easy it was to say something. :)

Less confusion with Mothers Against Drunk Driving that way.

ouwasp
3/18/2014, 11:24 PM
Well, MAD, MADD, DAM, AMD, etc...they better not screw up the 2014 college football season! But if the horns somehow figure out a way to go undefeated, let the missiles fly.