PDA

View Full Version : Going to see Queen w/ Adam Lambert

deweydw
3/13/2014, 11:52 AM
Pre-ordered my ticket last night. That's one ticket. I wanted to get two and take my daughter. But that was too expensive. And she wasn't all that interesed in going any. It seems like a good seat. Right side of the stage less than half way up, in the Toyota Center Houston.

I have been a long time Queen fan since their Jazz album. The last time I saw Queen was in 1982, their Hot Space tour. That album did not do very well in the States. I think that was the last time they toured in this country. Even though it's just Brian May and Roger Taylor, it will be great to see them one last time, maybe. I don't mind that they are with Adam Lambert. I just wanted to see them, I don't care who's singing. The concert is not until July 9th. I'm looking forward to that day.

The Jazz album is my favorite. And not because of the poster insert of naked women riding bicycles. :excitement:

mojorisen2014
3/13/2014, 12:28 PM
I would like to check it out but can't convince myself to do so without Freddie at the helm.

deweydw
3/14/2014, 06:44 AM
Yea, it's not the same. But I'm going to see Brian and Roger. Should be a good show.

BigTip
3/15/2014, 06:49 PM
My wife thinks Adam Lambert is the bees knees. lol
Him singing Freddie Mercury is a perfect match. Not only vocally, but in showman way too.
I think it would be a great show.
Have fun.

Lott's Bandana
3/17/2014, 01:47 PM
I've always believed Freddie was being Freddie.

I also believe Adam Lambert is a made-up character al la Lady Gaga or even Alice.

Hope you enjoy the show.

deweydw
3/18/2014, 01:53 PM
Got my ticket via flash seats yesterday. It's gonna be a long 4 months until the show. I think it will be a great show. Looking forward to that day.

I have yet to see anything Adam Lambert has done. So I don't know what he sounds like. I guess I need to look into that.

Dallasbabe
3/18/2014, 03:38 PM
take over