PDA

View Full Version : Tom Clancy Kinda predicted this in his Last novel "Command Authority"

olevetonahill
3/11/2014, 08:05 AM
Just started reading it early this morning The Man had his Fingers on the Pulse of current events IMHO

Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help

http://news.yahoo.com/confrontation-ukraine-diplomacy-stalls-011314222.html

SoonerProphet
3/11/2014, 08:17 AM
Sounds like these guys want a handout.

olevetonahill
3/11/2014, 08:37 AM

Yer a Lib, do you have a Problem with that?

SoonerProphet
3/11/2014, 09:52 AM
Yer a Lib, do you have a Problem with that?

I do, especially to foreigners.

olevetonahill
3/11/2014, 10:04 AM

Then ya want the Illegal messicans out of here right?

Bourbon St Sooner
3/11/2014, 10:44 AM
If the Ukranian protesters were really expecting the West to go to war with Russia over that document, it was a grave miscalculation. Putin has judged this correctly. He can take back Crimea and the West won't do a thing. I wouldn't be surprised to see further partitioning. What's left of Ukraine will want to join NATO but will never be invited. Putin has thrown down the gauntlet. He is willing to go to war over his near-abroad interests and the West has rightly decided it's not in their purview.

SoonerProphet
3/11/2014, 03:09 PM
Then ya want the Illegal messicans out of here right?

Basically, I can agree with that. I think illegal immigration has a negative impact on wages, I don't like paying health costs for them, I get pissed when they are involved in accidents wo car insurance, and it etc.

Wtf that has do with dumbazzes in the Ukraine though is a bit of a head scratcher.

olevetonahill
3/11/2014, 05:25 PM

Basically, I can agree with that. I think illegal immigration has a negative impact on wages, I don't like paying health costs for them, I get pissed when they are involved in accidents wo car insurance, and it etc.

Wtf that has do with dumbazzes in the Ukraine though is a bit of a head scratcher.

Try to follow your own train of thot and see if it makes sense then LOL

8timechamps
3/11/2014, 05:47 PM
Clancy was the best geopolitical/military author to ever live (of course that's my opinion). His attention to detail was absolutely amazing, and the research he put into his writing was unmatched in his genre. I haven't read Command Authority, but I've had it since it came out. I'll have to move it up on my "to read" pile.

olevetonahill
3/11/2014, 06:14 PM
Clancy was the best geopolitical/military author to ever live (of course that's my opinion). His attention to detail was absolutely amazing, and the research he put into his writing was unmatched in his genre. I haven't read Command Authority, but I've had it since it came out. I'll have to move it up on my "to read" pile.

Ive had it awhile and been puttin it off cause you really need to concentrate and Hell its a Long assed book. Just started this one
Hard to believe his 1st book was the "Hunt for Red October"

8timechamps
3/11/2014, 10:27 PM
Ive had it awhile and been puttin it off cause you really need to concentrate and Hell its a Long assed book. Just started this one
Hard to believe his 1st book was the "Hunt for Red October"

No doubt, if you're going to read a Clancy book, you definitely have to concentrate.

olevetonahill
3/11/2014, 11:36 PM
No doubt, if you're going to read a Clancy book, you definitely have to concentrate.

Ive read all his Novels, Stayed away from his Non fiction cause they scare the crap out me with all the technical detail:drunk:

8timechamps
3/12/2014, 07:34 PM
Ive read all his Novels, Stayed away from his Non fiction cause they scare the crap out me with all the technical detail:drunk:

Yep, they can get a little too technical. The only non-fiction Clancy book I've read is Marine. It actually got a little too long, and didn't really tell me anything I didn't know or wasn't somewhat familiar with, but still a solid read.

Damn Howard, now you've made me want to go get the few Clancy books I don't own!!

olevetonahill
3/12/2014, 08:11 PM
Yep, they can get a little too technical. The only non-fiction Clancy book I've read is Marine. It actually got a little too long, and didn't really tell me anything I didn't know or wasn't somewhat familiar with, but still a solid read.

Damn Howard, now you've made me want to go get the few Clancy books I don't own!!

LOL

ouwasp
3/12/2014, 10:04 PM
I fizzled out on Clancy after...was it Red Rabbit? Where Jack Ryan's son wanted to be a spook? Couldn't get into it. But now vet has me interested in Command Authority...

olevetonahill
3/16/2014, 02:58 PM
Just finished it, Great Book as always, Too bad Tom Clancy died.