PDA

View Full Version : ncaa shows some common sense.

Mazeppa
3/7/2014, 08:31 PM
Common sense from the ncaa?

NCAA panel approves change to targeting penalty
AP - Sports

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- An NCAA panel has approved a change to the targeting foul that would wipe out the 15-yard penalty when video review overturns the ejection of a player.

The targeting rule was implemented by the NCAA last season. When a player was flagged for targeting an opponent's head with a hit, he was disqualified from the game and his team penalized 15 yards. The foul was reviewed by replay officials and the ejection could be overturned - but the 15-yard penalty stood. This confused players, coaches and fans.

The football rules committee last month passed a proposal to no longer enforce the 15-yard penalty when the ejection is overturned, as long as another foul has not been committed. The playing rules oversight panel approved it Thursday.

The change goes into effect next season.

yermom
3/7/2014, 08:39 PM
finally. geez.

they should have changed that basically as soon as they implemented it.

Mazeppa
3/7/2014, 08:54 PM
finally. geez.

they should have changed that basically as soon as they implemented it.

I don't think they gave much thought to the effect of it before throwing it out there as a rule.

ouwasp
3/7/2014, 09:43 PM
It was way stupid. Glad the NCAA manned up to fixing a bonehead move on their part.

soonerloyal
3/7/2014, 10:41 PM
I don't think they gave much thought to the effect of it before throwing it out there as a rule.

Seems to happen more often than not with them lately.

Therealsouthsider
3/7/2014, 11:26 PM
....my god they're inept

ss

birddog
3/8/2014, 08:39 PM
I am not even clear on who "they" are. I mean, can you apply for a job with the ncaa? Do they have a booth at job fairs?

Jacie
3/8/2014, 09:33 PM
They have an old boy network, birddog. It's one of those if-you-have-to-ask kind of deals, you are already disqualified.

birddog
3/8/2014, 09:50 PM
Soooo, texass tea sippers=ncaa?

SoonerDomiNation
3/8/2014, 10:03 PM
Ncaa & common sense is an oxyMORON.....