PDA

View Full Version : True Detectives...

Turd_Ferguson
3/7/2014, 08:36 AM
Anybody else been following this? I'm no fan of Mygodimgay, but it's been interesting enough for me to DVR the season.

Boomer.....
3/7/2014, 09:28 AM
It's a great show! The season finale will have to tie up a lot of loose ends.

dwarthog
3/7/2014, 11:59 AM
The wife and I found this show a couple of weeks ago by accident and got hooked. We watched all of the earlier ones we missed and are anxious to see how this plays out. Great location for use of the "ritualistic" angles they threw into the plot.

ouwasp
3/7/2014, 12:06 PM
Yes, I've been watching it. Great acting, great twists, really well done age-effects to reflect the 17 yr span the story covers. For me, the only way to enjoy watching TD is via dvr. The sex scenes are unnecessarily graphic...I just FF through those.

Be interesting to see how they solve their case. But I figured early on...(deleted due to spoilers...sorry 'bout that)

sooner_born_1960
3/7/2014, 12:45 PM
Thanks, ouwasp. I hadn't gotten to that part yet.

Wishboned
3/7/2014, 01:51 PM
Great show. It's really dark, and has some creepy moments. Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey are good in their roles. I'm impressed with McConaughey.

Turd_Ferguson
3/7/2014, 09:51 PM
Anybody think McConaughey or Harrelson may be the yellow king?

hawaii 5-0
3/7/2014, 10:49 PM
I'll have to check it out.

5-0

dwarthog
3/8/2014, 08:09 AM
Anybody think McConaughey or Harrelson may be the yellow king?

I think Harrelson's going to find out he was up to his neck in it all along and was too busy chasing skirt to see it. I'm skeptical that either of them has direct involvement other than as law enforcement.

BigTip
3/8/2014, 10:15 AM
I thought that it was slow starting. I watched three episodes then gave up on it. Too convoluted and just slow moving. But a coworker talked me into continuing to watch, "because it got better." So I did, am I am glad I did.

Ton Loc
3/8/2014, 11:45 AM
Awesome show. Harrelson and McConaughey are great in their roles. The only thing that annoys me is waiting a week between shows.

sooneron
3/10/2014, 09:39 AM
What happened to spoiler tags? I don't want to **** anyone off by discussing last night's finale. I found it a little meh.

I think Harrelson is being overshadowed by MM's hype these days. Woody has been just as good, imo.

sooneron
3/10/2014, 09:48 AM
Nail on the head!
http://deadspin.com/31-buddy-cop-cliches-on-true-detective-1540310306?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebo ok&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

lol

Don't click if you haven't seen the final epi.

ouleaf
3/11/2014, 04:59 PM
Great show and a great first season! Will be interesting to see who they get for season 2. Will be tough to top this first season IMO.

ouwasp
3/11/2014, 11:24 PM
Finally watched the last episode this evening. Oh, did my practice of setting the dvr serve me well this time. The sex scenes I was able to ffwd were...not in any way appealing. Those of you that haven't seen it and want to righteously bitch about spoiling something can thank me later for warning you.

I was satisfied with the finale. Jay Cronley of the TW was all curmudgeonly in his column about this episode, so be it. I liked it...except for the above-mentioned eye punishment. The acting in TD was superb. The way the two main characters (and others) were aged over a 17 year span was flawless, imo.

Boomer.....
3/12/2014, 08:05 AM
Incest isn't your thing?

BigTip
3/12/2014, 06:53 PM
Okay. Finished.
I am not a movie snob. I am easy to entertain.
But I didn't like the ending that much. I liked the excitement of the chase and all that. But the show just DRAGGED after the bad guy was killed. The episode could have ended five minutes sooner than it did.
My opinion.

sooneron
3/13/2014, 10:53 PM
Seriously? You liked the chase? It was every creepy cop movie cliche! Partner goes into creepy place alone instead of waiting for the other partner. Bad guy that is hard to put down? meh. I liked the last 5 minutes better. One good theory I heard was that they both actually died and they helped each other to the other side...

Dallasbabe
3/18/2014, 03:43 PM
you should detect what is going on downstairs.