PDA

View Full Version : another example of the liberal medai...AP

Soonerjeepman
3/6/2014, 07:18 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/03/06/associated-press-smears-trail-life-boys-with-misleading-nazi-photo/

wrong caption and information of bad photo...

badger
3/7/2014, 09:47 AM
If people actually thought that a group of American kids were being taught to do the Heil Hitler salute then they are really stupid. Don't blame the Associated Press for people being really stupid.

OU68
3/7/2014, 10:24 AM
Gotta disagree with you Badj on this one - this was obviously an attempt by the MSM to throw some red meat to the libs.

badger
3/7/2014, 12:02 PM
I actually like holding the "mainstream media" under more scrutiny for photo selection and such, but I simply cannot imagine a group that is said to be the replacement for the Boy Scouts as teaching the "Heil" sign to American youth. Therefore, I do not associate that photo with Hitler or Nazis or whatever else.

For those that took to twitter and facebook to mock the kids, shame on them. They're kids. It would be like posting that poor OU crying photo a billion times over with anti-OU jokes ever since that OU-Texas game where they put him on TV.

SanJoaquinSooner
3/7/2014, 12:24 PM
AP said it was unintentional.

badger
3/7/2014, 01:20 PM

Sadly, the current political era is not one where you can apologize and move on. Both sides are guilty of this, and the situation is made worse when precedent is established. I apologized, can we move on? No, because we didn't just move on when XXX happened, did we?

Maybe that's why I'm weary of the omg MSM stuff.

OU68
3/7/2014, 01:51 PM
Don't blame the Associated Press for people being really stupid.
Obama '08, '12 - Hillary '16 -- nuff said.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/7/2014, 02:20 PM

If you believe that, I have some swamp land in Arizona to sell you...

REDREX
3/7/2014, 02:53 PM
Obama '08, '12 - Hillary '16 -- nuff said.----Hillary in 2016---I just vomited

SanJoaquinSooner
3/7/2014, 03:29 PM
----Hillary in 2016---I just vomited

The cultural conservatives prefer Hillary to a moderate, pro-business pub.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/7/2014, 04:19 PM
The yellow dog democrats prefer Hillary to a moderate, pro-business pub.FI

Soonerjeepman
3/7/2014, 04:33 PM

and you actually believe them? ok, so if it was unintentional then why would they NOT pull it immediately after it sparked a firestorm of critics?

..because there are people in positions of authority within the media that actually WANT obama and the lib agenda to succeed.

FaninAma
3/8/2014, 10:53 AM
The cultural conservatives prefer Hillary to a moderate, pro-business pub.
I'd vote for Hilliary before I would vote for John McCain.

Hilliary would have have been a much, much, much better President than the
current moron occupying the White House. Anybody who voted for that idiot
who isn't brain dead, gay or addicted to government handouts should be embarrassed.

REDREX
3/8/2014, 11:35 AM
The cultural conservatives prefer Hillary to a moderate, pro-business pub.---Like Who?

yermom
3/8/2014, 01:31 PM
i don't remember Nazis standing in a gay circle

it doesn't scream Nazi to me, but i can see someone making the jokes

maybe if the Nazi thing didn't hit too close to home for some of the leadership it wouldn't be such a problem ;)

Soonerjeepman
3/8/2014, 02:00 PM
I'm assuming...which is bad, that by your comment about hitting too close to home for the leadership...you mean scout leaders in general enjoy nazi's and everything with that? My son just got his Eagle a yr ago...scouts are anything but nazis. I'm sure though your opinion and experiences trump any personal experiences of anyone else.

If this isn't your point..what is?

On top of that...the point of the thread is the liberal media, the AP, pushed the picture and caption (that was WRONG) that obviously was going to create a controversy, and when it did, even after clarifying the actual event they refused to remove the picture. It really doesn't matter how YOU saw the picture...obviously a lot of people saw it the way the AP intended...hitler youth.

yermom
3/8/2014, 02:42 PM
Do they give pink triangles to the kids they don't let in their group?

SanJoaquinSooner
3/8/2014, 07:56 PM
---Like Who?

okie and Faninama

FaninAma
3/8/2014, 10:07 PM
okie and Faninama

I don't really care for moderate, pro-big business(especially pro big bank) Republicans. I detest moderate Republican interventionists like McCain. They are on the same level as a liberal Democrat who is hypocritical about his/her support of Wall Street(i.e. Obama).

I think our military needs to be leaner with emphasis on high tech new weapons systems and less dependence on "boots on the ground". I also support elite military units that, with the help of advanced technology, can engage in quick surgical stikes any where and at any time. I am not above assasinating proven genocidal maniac dictators. I don't really care if this makes our leaders more of a target at least the guys calling the shots will have some skin in the game.

okie52
3/9/2014, 12:52 AM
okie and Faninama

I'm a cultural conservative? My choice wouldn't be affected by a candidate being pro choice, pro gay marriage, pro legalization of pot (well I'd vote for a pro pot candidate all other things being equal), anti prayer in school, etc...those issues don't matter that much to me.

There are really two issues that matter most to me at this time....energy independence and illegal immigration. That pretty much marks most dems off my list.

There are pubs like McCain, graham, Christie, Rubio, flake, Jeb bush, that I will never vote because of their support for amnesty.

If the pubs can't put forth better candidates than those POSs then I probably won't vote for prez.

I'd rather that it be a dem that gets all of the credit/discredit for advancing harmful policies than a pub.

3/9/2014, 02:56 AM
I'm a cultural conservative? My choice wouldn't be affected by a candidate being pro choice, pro gay marriage, pro legalization of pot (well I'd vote for a pro pot candidate all other things being equal), anti prayer in school, etc...those issues don't matter that much to me.

There are really two issues that matter most to me at this time....energy independence and illegal immigration. That pretty much marks most dems off my list.

There are pubs like McCain, graham, Christie, Rubio, flake, Jeb bush, that I will never vote because of their support for amnesty.

If the pubs can't put forth better candidates than those POSs then I probably won't vote for prez.

I'd rather that it be a dem that gets all of the credit/discredit for advancing harmful policies than a pub.I think Rubio would possibly be pretty good, and not do amnesty. Face it, if amnesty is done, we'll have perpetual democrat rule. Any democrat would assuredly vote amnesty, and anti-fossil fuels. I'll always advocate like the medical community, and "first do no harm". in politics, that means stop the democrats first, and then hope for shaping up the republicans to where they should be.

okie52
3/9/2014, 09:20 AM
I think Rubio would possibly be pretty good, and not do amnesty. Face it, if amnesty is done, we'll have perpetual democrat rule. Any democrat would assuredly vote amnesty, and anti-fossil fuels. I'll always advocate like the medical community, and "first do no harm". in politics, that means stop the democrats first, and then hope for shaping up the republicans to where they should be.

Hell rubio was one of the gang of 8... He consistently voted against other pub amendments that tried to improve that senate monstrosity. He wasn't just complicit...he was the damn point man advocating its passage. this from a guy that campaigned for his senate seat just 2 years earlier for no amnesty.

Stopping the dems really doesn't have much meaning if the pubs are going to advance their own ****ty agenda.

Soonerjeepman
3/9/2014, 11:55 AM
Do they give pink triangles to the kids they don't let in their group?

no the blue and yellow equal sign...the rainbow is out for the homosexual agenda. Keep up~

BUT AGAIN, you deflect the OP...but that's okay. I'm use to libs doing that.

yermom
3/9/2014, 01:08 PM
i'm not in the media, but do i feel bad about some fake scout group created to exclude gay kids and leaders made to look bad?

not really.

and i'm not talking about rainbows. i'm making more Nazi comparisons. they didn't like gays either:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_triangle

rock on sooner
3/9/2014, 06:50 PM
I don't really care for moderate, pro-big business(especially pro big bank) Republicans. I detest moderate Republican interventionists like McCain. They are on the same level as a liberal Democrat who is hypocritical about his/her support of Wall Street(i.e. Obama).

I think our military needs to be leaner with emphasis on high tech new weapons systems and less dependence on "boots on the ground". I also support elite military units that, with the help of advanced technology, can engage in quick surgical stikes any where and at any time. I am not above assasinating proven genocidal maniac dictators. I don't really care if this makes our leaders more of a target at least the guys calling the shots will have some skin in the game.

Holy Crap!!!! Did I post this?! Oh no, wait, Fan has been infected with common sense!
Yup! That's it! Way to go..Fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCOUT
3/9/2014, 10:07 PM
i'm not in the media, but do i feel bad about some fake scout group created to exclude gay kids and leaders made to look bad?

not really.

and i'm not talking about rainbows. i'm making more Nazi comparisons. they didn't like gays either:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_triangle

First off, exclusion does not mean the same thing as dislike. Second, your Nazi comment is rather amusing. You are suggesting that propaganda should be used to further a political point. Now, who did that?

yermom
3/9/2014, 10:40 PM
where did i suggest anything about propaganda? but it's not like propaganda is somehow exclusive to Nazis.

i would like to hear more about how exclusion doesn't mean dislike though. this ought to be good.

Soonerjeepman
3/10/2014, 08:25 AM
The whole gay debate comes down to one word...biological. I won't use the word "normal"...but until science proves 100% that homosexuality is biological...it's a lifestyle "choice". A "choice" that I feel is not normal nor intended or even biologically sustainable to continue a population.

Is it something that I need to know what you do in your bedroom? nope...but then again, you don't get "rights" because of it either.

As far as the main-stream media promoting an agenda....you're blind if you don't think they don't. They put a picture and the WRONG caption up...then claim they knew nothing and then refused to take the picture down when corrected. Just think of some of Fox News things YOU disagree with because you think they have an agenda...no difference.

BigTip
3/10/2014, 04:27 PM
i would like to hear more about how exclusion doesn't mean dislike though. this ought to be good.

"Honey, you can't come on the golf trip. It's boys only."

All the guys on the golf trip like women. A lot. They just want to EXCLUDE them from that part of their lifes.

swardboy
3/10/2014, 07:44 PM
Well, Sharyl finally got fed up with it:

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/03/120336-breaking-cbs-news-reporter-quits-network-liberal-bias/

Breadburner
3/10/2014, 09:11 PM
At least Hillary has some balls.....!!

TheHumanAlphabet
3/11/2014, 10:59 AM
I doubt that... Only thing she has is an imperial elitist attitude...

okie52
3/11/2014, 11:38 AM
At least Hillary has some balls.....!!

Physically I would agree.

3/11/2014, 02:39 PM
NTTAWWT

diverdog
3/11/2014, 10:58 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/03/06/associated-press-smears-trail-life-boys-with-misleading-nazi-photo/

wrong caption and information of bad photo...

It is going to be interesting to see if Trail Life takes hold. What the Boy Scouts have built over a 100 years in terms of infrastructure would cost billions today just to acquire the land. Trail Life is going to have a hard time replicating that experience. Having said that I wish them luck. Any organization that can make boys into better men has my full support.

The thing that really pisses me off about the media is that there has been a 20 year long attack on one of the most effective organizations for building leaders in history...the BSA and they do not miss a lick in trying to tear them down. Do a google search of the Boy Scouts and 90% of the articles are negative.

okie52
3/11/2014, 11:24 PM
It is going to be interesting to see if Trail Life takes hold. What the Boy Scouts have built over a 100 years in terms of infrastructure would cost billions today just to acquire the land. Trail Life is going to have a hard time replicating that experience. Having said that I wish them luck. Any organization that can make boys into better men has my full support.

The thing that really pisses me off about the media is that there has been a 20 year long attack on one of the most effective organizations for building leaders in history...the BSA and they do not miss a lick in trying to tear them down. Do a google search of the Boy Scouts and 90% of the articles are negative.

I quit giving to the united way 20 years ago when they were trying to force the BSA to take atheists. I never was really involved scouting beyond the cub scouts but it struck me as wrong for the united way to try and force it's agenda on a private organization.

I don't care if homos or athiests are in the scouts as long as that is what the membership wants Rather than from some outside interference with their organization.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/12/2014, 12:02 PM
I don't give to the United Way for that very reason. I donate directly to BSA and support them when I can. best organization around to develop in young people the skills they need for adulthood. I and this country and world are better off with the scouts and Eagle Scouts than without them...

BTW, I am a Bicentennial Eagle (awarded in 1976)

okie52
3/12/2014, 12:12 PM
I don't give to the United Way for that very reason. I donate directly to BSA and support them when I can. best organization around to develop in young people the skills they need for adulthood. I and this country and world are better off with the scouts and Eagle Scouts than without them...

Congrats on the Eagle Scout award...

diverdog
3/12/2014, 12:31 PM

My son got his on the 100 th anniversary.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/12/2014, 03:31 PM
My son got his on the 100 th anniversary.

Way to go! Did he get a special commemorative plaque?

diverdog
3/13/2014, 02:53 AM
Way to go! Did he get a special commemorative plaque?

They got a special Eagle patch. He just earned his 5 th palm and he is trying to get his Hornaday silver award. Only a handful are given out in a year.

My youngest has 3 merit badges and his project left before he makes Eagle.

Soonerjeepman
3/13/2014, 02:00 PM
They got a special Eagle patch. He just earned his 5 th palm and he is trying to get his Hornaday silver award. Only a handful are given out in a year.

Congrats DD....and to your boys

Soonerjeepman
3/13/2014, 02:03 PM

congrats...I didn't stay in it due to our family moving...but my son earned his Eagle last May.

Soonerjeepman
3/13/2014, 02:04 PM

Agree 100%. The thing is, BSA MIGHT open their lands to other organizations...not sure. I know I went to Philmont in 1981 as an Explorer....and it was a throw together group to go to Philmont...didn't stay in it.

okie52
3/13/2014, 08:50 PM

Were you an eagle scout DD?

BigTip
3/15/2014, 06:45 PM
You aren't "were" an Eagle, you "are" an Eagle scout.
I am an Eagle scout.
My kids were cub scouts. Both started Boy Scouts, but gave it up.
Disappointing, but it's their path.

okie52
3/16/2014, 08:43 AM
You aren't "were" an Eagle, you "are" an Eagle scout.
I am an Eagle scout.
My kids were cub scouts. Both started Boy Scouts, but gave it up.
Disappointing, but it's their path.

Guess I'm still a cub scout. Er..Webelo

SCOUT
3/20/2014, 10:37 PM
where did i suggest anything about propaganda? but it's not like propaganda is somehow exclusive to Nazis.

The golf trip example used earlier is a good example. However, I get the impression that you are looking for formal groups that exclude others but don't dislike them. How about the Congressional Black Caucus?

This ought to be good.

yermom
3/20/2014, 11:12 PM
nice.

still, you guys are diverging off on my semantics. the motives are not the same as a golf trip and you know it.

SCOUT
3/20/2014, 11:13 PM
nice.

still, you guys are diverging off on my semantics. the motives are not the same as a golf trip and you know it.

And the Black Caucus?

SCOUT
3/20/2014, 11:14 PM
Then they must hate white people, right?

Soonerjeepman
3/20/2014, 11:55 PM
The Black Principal's Association...The Black Small Business Association.....

diverdog
3/22/2014, 06:04 AM
Were you an eagle scout DD?

No. I ran into the same problem as jeepman. We moved a lot. I made it to Star or Life...do not remember which and my records were lost for a second time. The year my dad was in Nam was the year I lost steam. The Tet Offensive was going full bore and he was flying a lot. We were pretty worried about him.

As an adult I have earned my Wood Badge Beads (including a third for staff), and completed my Powder Horn course (also served as an instructor). So from a scouting standpoint I have done a lot but I regret not getting my Eagle.