PDA

View Full Version : Big XII Tourney Info (Men)

8timechamps
3/5/2014, 10:17 PM
Here's a link to the conference tourney info: LINK (http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209284556)

Game 1

Oklahoma -vs- Winner of Baylor/TCU

6:00 Thursday

Boomer.....
3/6/2014, 08:30 AM
Beat TCU and we're a 2 seed, which would be amazing. That game has me a little worried though.

OUSKINS
3/6/2014, 11:04 AM
Not worried about TCU, but that probable match up with OSU a week from tonight isn't favorable IMO.

badger
3/6/2014, 11:39 AM
Beat TCU and we're a 2 seed, which would be amazing. That game has me a little worried though.

We need to play Phil Jackson zen voodoo mind games and tell them that this game is just like the other 17 they already lost in-conference and in fact is not their last chance at "redemption," if that is what they seek.

What TCU really needs to do, and I promise I am looking out for TCU's best interest, is take the OU game off and then put all eggs in the Big 12 tourney basket. Not only can they get their sought after Big 12 win against a Big 12 team in the Big 12 tournament, but if they win enough, they can also make the NCAA tournament!

Therefore, it just makes sense for TCU to dog the OU game and try harder in KC. Seriously.

Soonerjeepman
3/6/2014, 12:34 PM
Guess our first round game (if we win Sat against the frogs..honestly wouldn't surprise me if OU drops that one...we just never can NOT GET SNAKE BIT)...is either bu or osu..depending on who wins. I'm assuming that if they both win, osu gets the nod due to them beating ku? I didn't even look H/H guess osu prob won both there as well.

I do think we can take osu, we have 5 guys that can score..they have 2. smart will get NO LOVE in kc for his flops. (from the crowd)...even though OU has been the Billy Villian most of the guys (ku/ksu/mu) I talk to love the way Spangler plays and appreciate Kurger.

soonerboomer
3/6/2014, 02:16 PM
I just hope Oklahoma does not approach Texas Christian with the attitude that they have the game won. That kind of attitude could jump up and bite them. Remember, they surprised and upset Kansas last year.

SoonerorLater
3/6/2014, 02:45 PM
I just hope Oklahoma does not approach Texas Christian with the attitude that they have the game won. That kind of attitude could jump up and bite them. Remember, they surprised and upset Kansas last year.

I'm thinking the same thing. They beat us last year too.

Soonerjeepman
3/6/2014, 07:01 PM

yup

8timechamps
3/6/2014, 08:52 PM
The only way OU loses to TCU Saturday is if they go in with a "we got this" attitude. TCU was bad last year, but they are really bad this year. I suspect we'll take care of business.

There is a lot on the line for a lot of conference teams Saturday (it's going to be a fun day).

IF Baylor beats KSU Saturday, then regardless of what OSU does with Iowa State, we'll probably see OSU in the second round. If Baylor loses, and OSU wins, then we're probably looking at Baylor in the second round.

SoonerorLater
3/7/2014, 08:35 PM
The only way OU loses to TCU Saturday is if they go in with a "we got this" attitude. TCU was bad last year, but they are really bad this year. I suspect we'll take care of business.

There is a lot on the line for a lot of conference teams Saturday (it's going to be a fun day).

IF Baylor beats KSU Saturday, then regardless of what OSU does with Iowa State, we'll probably see OSU in the second round. If Baylor loses, and OSU wins, then we're probably looking at Baylor in the second round.

I think we will knowing what's on the line. The one part where I disagree and this is just the eye test, last years TCU team was worse. I know they are 0-17 in conf but I watched a few of their games last year and found it hard to believe they were a Div I team. They were awful. It's hard to find a team that's not decent in some facet of the game but TCU stunk across the board, in everything! I remember watching them play Texas Tech who was a pretty bad team themselves but TCU made these guys look like Final Four material. How KU could have lost to these guys will always be one of the great mysteries of the universe.

Eielson
3/7/2014, 09:59 PM
I'm less worried about TCU than any other Big XII team on the road.

8timechamps
3/7/2014, 10:54 PM
I think we will knowing what's on the line. The one part where I disagree and this is just the eye test, last years TCU team was worse. I know they are 0-17 in conf but I watched a few of their games last year and found it hard to believe they were a Div I team. They were awful. It's hard to find a team that's not decent in some facet of the game but TCU stunk across the board, in everything! I remember watching them play Texas Tech who was a pretty bad team themselves but TCU made these guys look like Final Four material. How KU could have lost to these guys will always be one of the great mysteries of the universe.

You could very well be correct. Other than the first OU/TCU game, I haven't watched them play this year (just going off of their record).

Sooner95
3/8/2014, 12:10 AM
I'm taking nothing granted with TCU. Laid an egg last year. Why do we have to finish the season there? Hope this isn't a trend.

Big12 needs to mix up the schedule now that WV/TCU have been added over 2 years ago..

Sooner95
3/8/2014, 12:21 AM
Baylor - 8-9
OSU - 8-9
WV - 8-9

If Baylor beats KSU, they clinch the 6 seed.

OSU beats ISU, they are the 7 seed and WV is the 8 seed

Baylor and OSU win, we clinch 2 seed.

TT is locked in at 9, TCU 10. KU is 1 seed.

Baylor swept OSU, OSU swept WV.

OU wins, we are 2 seed. Lose and TX win along with KSU and ISU loss we are 2 seed.

I may have missed something, but I believe that sums it up.

OUSKINS
3/8/2014, 08:27 AM
Real simple, we want osu to win at Ames and Baylor to lose in Manhattan. If those to things happen and we beat TCU, then we WVU will be the 7 seed regardless of what they do in their game with KU--- and of the three options, I think what we want to see if WVU on that 7 line.

Eielson
3/8/2014, 04:52 PM
OSU locked up that 8 spot. Congrats!

Not sure how the tiebreaker works with WVU and Baylor since they split this season, but it appears that Baylor is the 7 seed.

Sooner95
3/8/2014, 06:32 PM
Match-ups are set.

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=209284556

Sooner95
3/8/2014, 06:36 PM
Bracket for your printing pleasure.

http://www.big12sports.com/fls/10410/championships/pdfs/2014_mbasketball_bracket.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=10410

8timechamps
3/9/2014, 09:43 PM
I think it worked out as well as it could have for OU. We'll get the winner of the Baylor/TCU game, and should be get past Baylor, we'll get the winner of WVU and Texas for a spot in the CCG. I'm worried about WVU, they are hot right now and played us very well. But, we'll both have to win to get to that game.

Eielson
3/10/2014, 02:55 PM
It sounds like we'll know more about Embiid in the next few hours, but I have a hunch that'll he be sitting until the NCAA tournament. If true, I think that makes us the favorites. It's almost unreal to be able to say that as a general statement rather than an overly optimistic guess. This wasn't supposed to be our year...and it isn't, so what does that mean going forward?

Soonerjeepman
3/10/2014, 04:26 PM
OU is really playing well right now...OVERALL, we struggled early against both wv and ut. ut's bigs scare me...wv guards...honestly bu has finished strong as well. They'll be a tough 1st round game. Yes, we are the 2 seed, but honestly between OU and the 8th seed osu there isn't a lot of difference. All those teams can beat OU as OU can beat them. Yes, with Embid out OU being the 2nd seed is the "favorite" but I'd bet there are not too many folks putting money on that.

8timechamps
3/10/2014, 04:52 PM
It sounds like we'll know more about Embiid in the next few hours, but I have a hunch that'll he be sitting until the NCAA tournament. If true, I think that makes us the favorites. It's almost unreal to be able to say that as a general statement rather than an overly optimistic guess. This wasn't supposed to be our year...and it isn't, so what does that mean going forward?

So Self said he's going to play, but you have to wonder if he'll hold him out in the conference tourney. What does KU have to lose? They're not a 1 seed, so I really don't think the conference tourney will have much to do with their eventual seed. Maybe that's a little bit of hope on my part. But, even if he does play, you have to think it'll be in a limited role.

The only team (other than KU) that really concerns me (as it relates to OU) is Iowa State, but they are on the other side of the bracket. I'm not really too concerned about Texas or Baylor, but WVU still makes me nervous.

Eielson
3/10/2014, 09:20 PM
I don't expect to play WVU. Texas took care of them pretty easily both times in the regular season. It's basketball, though, and it's March, so you never know. If we play ISU, then that means we avoided Kansas, so I feel alright about that. They're the only team that I consider our equal (I consider Kansas superior). ISU is in for a rough year next year, though. Kane and Ejim might be the two best players in the league.

8timechamps
3/10/2014, 09:35 PM
I don't expect to play WVU. Texas took care of them pretty easily both times in the regular season. It's basketball, though, and it's March, so you never know. If we play ISU, then that means we avoided Kansas, so I feel alright about that. They're the only team that I consider our equal (I consider Kansas superior). ISU is in for a rough year next year, though. Kane and Ejim might be the two best players in the league.

I'd be more comfortable playing Texas if it works out that way.

Just heard on ESPN that Embiid is out for at least two weeks, so KU will have their hands full with ISU (assuming they meet).

badger
3/11/2014, 09:21 AM
NP was telling me last night that it would be difficult to beat an opponent three times in one season. Then I turned on my full sarcasm and was like "Just think, if TCU beats Baylor, we'll have to beat them three times in one season." :P

I have a lot of confidence in this year's mens team... the confidence I used to have in the womens team :(

Eielson
3/11/2014, 02:03 PM
NP was telling me last night that it would be difficult to beat an opponent three times in one season. Then I turned on my full sarcasm and was like "Just think, if TCU beats Baylor, we'll have to beat them three times in one season." :P

It may be tough to beat a team for a third straight time, but it's far tougher to beat a team that's already beat you twice.

badger
3/11/2014, 02:39 PM
It may be tough to beat a team for a third straight time, but it's far tougher to beat a team that's already beat you twice.

Ooo, i like your comeback better

8timechamps
3/11/2014, 05:49 PM

I have a lot of confidence in this year's mens team... the confidence I used to have in the womens team :(

Very true, but we did beat WVU three times last year, so at least there is some recent evidence that a Lon Kruger coached team can do it!

I always go back to the national title game against KU though. We were soooo close to beating that team three times.

badger
3/12/2014, 09:21 AM
You all have any interest in vBetting on non-OU games this Big 12 tourney (or the NCAA tourney)? Let me know and I'll throw em up if so

Sooner95
3/12/2014, 07:23 PM
BIg12 Tourney Info

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=209284556

Tourney is under way.

Sooner95
3/12/2014, 07:23 PM
Stoolwater handling TT, up by 20. Winner gets KU.

Sooner95
3/12/2014, 08:28 PM
OSU advances with an 80-62 win to play KU.

Eielson
3/12/2014, 09:16 PM
Baylor looks like they'll run away with this one. Not shocking, but this is NOT the Baylor team we beat up on earlier in the year. This is the Baylor we thought we were going to see when conference play opened.

Soonerjeepman
3/12/2014, 09:23 PM
yup...tomorrow will be a tough game.

Soonerjeepman
3/12/2014, 09:26 PM
I honestly think osu can beat ku and IF I was a betting man I'd put $10 they do.

8timechamps
3/13/2014, 03:41 PM
I honestly think osu can beat ku and IF I was a betting man I'd put $10 they do.

I would have thought the same thing, but OSU is struggling to stay within 10 of KU.

53-45 KU with 9:15 left.

8timechamps
3/13/2014, 03:44 PM
Baylor looks like they'll run away with this one. Not shocking, but this is NOT the Baylor team we beat up on earlier in the year. This is the Baylor we thought we were going to see when conference play opened.

I wasn't that impressed with Baylor (looking at the game as a whole). They looked really good early, but faded. TCU has a couple of chances to take it to the end, but TCU is just so bad that it didn't happen.

Baylor closed out the year playing pretty good ball, but if we come out the way I think we will, it'll be over for the Bears. It just happens that OU is playing it's best ball of the year right now (at least defensively, and we know we can always score).

Eielson
3/13/2014, 07:03 PM
Wiggins is sure stepping up without Embiid. I've been pretty unimpressed with him all year (compared to the hype), but he's starting to look like the real deal.