PDA

View Full Version : Another college football poll that means nothing

Mazeppa
2/28/2014, 10:45 PM
New college football 'Super 16' poll to debut in 2014
Daniel Uthman, USA TODAY Sports 10:57 a.m. EST February 25, 2014

What if college football had a 16-team playoff instead of a four-team playoff in 2014? How would the field of teams look week to week during the season?
Those questions may be answered, in a way, this season with the introduction of the Super 16 poll, a joint effort of the Football Writers Association of America and the National Football Foundation.
There will be a panel of 36 voters for the FWAA-NFF Grantland Rice Super 16 (its official name) drawn from the FWAA membership and the National Football Foundation. Twenty-six of the voters will be FWAA members distributed across the organization's eight regions, and 10 voters will come from the NFF. The panel of voters will be announced in the summer prior to conference media days, and their individual weekly votes will be made public.
The poll will be released on Sundays during the college football season. It will have no direct bearing on the College Football Playoff.

8timechamps
3/1/2014, 06:33 PM
This one may actually have some promise...but I'll wait and see who is selected to vote before I lend it any credibility. It could turn out to be a glorified AP poll.

Jacie
3/1/2014, 10:48 PM
In order to ensure impartiality, chickens from around the country will be polled by monitoring where on a large map of the U.S. with all of the teams shown by their approximate location the chickens take a sh*t. Shi*ts directly on a team's location will count for 1 point, those within 3 inches of a location will count 1/2 point. Points for all sh*ts taken from M-F will count towards a week's poll.

swardboy
3/2/2014, 09:11 AM
Oh, I thought it was monkeys throwing darts at a map.

Wishboned
3/2/2014, 04:34 PM

Those aren't darts!!!

8timechamps
3/2/2014, 05:36 PM

No, no, no! You're thinking of mutual fund investment managers.

fadada1
3/2/2014, 08:20 PM
In order to ensure impartiality, chickens from around the country will be polled by monitoring where on a large map of the U.S. with all of the teams shown by their approximate location the chickens take a sh*t. Shi*ts directly on a team's location will count for 1 point, those within 3 inches of a location will count 1/2 point. Points for all sh*ts taken from M-F will count towards a week's poll.
What you weren't aware of with regards to this map, is that the state of Alabama is the size of a basketball court... All other states have a combined area of one square inch.